AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2016-07-14, 08:28   Link #61
wuhugm
Hentaiga of The End
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Remnant of Old World
Send a message via Yahoo to wuhugm
Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
I noticed that a few chapters had been translated since I last looked. Had felt like things were dragging but the most recent stuff was good.

How do we figure out the type of the poison? Go and "ask" those who know...

Simple, but effective.
Recent stuff you meant translated one...

wew... just read the raw man

Sadly no update for the last few months
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-14, 16:30   Link #62
kari-no-sugata II
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Well, I don't have huge amounts of spare time/energy so I don't tend to read raws until I feel the "need". Getting close with the most recently translated chapters...
kari-no-sugata II is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-16, 09:44   Link #63
wuhugm
Hentaiga of The End
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Remnant of Old World
Send a message via Yahoo to wuhugm
Following Junai, one more of my favorite novel has been revived Oh yeah~
They are in that forest now~
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-16, 22:21   Link #64
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Internet Limbo
Q: So, how may times?
A: Lots?

Ah...good ol' cliffhangers.
__________________
I hate <Past Me> and <Future Me>. <Past Me> is an idiot. <Future Me> is a know-it-all. <Present Me> though is quite alright.
___________________
一夫多妻去勢拳ユーザー
El Rue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-17, 02:13   Link #65
wuhugm
Hentaiga of The End
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Remnant of Old World
Send a message via Yahoo to wuhugm
^Those bacouple~
Spoiler:

New artworks btw

Last edited by wuhugm; 2016-12-17 at 02:38.
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-30, 12:50   Link #66
wuhugm
Hentaiga of The End
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Remnant of Old World
Send a message via Yahoo to wuhugm
New chapter again

More mysteries have been unraveled
Their bodies back on Earth probably dead already
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-30, 18:08   Link #67
cadu_
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
New chapter again

More mysteries have been unraveled
Their bodies back on Earth probably dead already
What happened to them? Also how far are the raws?
__________________
cadu_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-30, 21:28   Link #68
wuhugm
Hentaiga of The End
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Remnant of Old World
Send a message via Yahoo to wuhugm
^Raw is ch55
Almost everything has been revealed about why they arrived in that world.
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-31, 09:51   Link #69
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Internet Limbo
Very interesting new chapters indeed.

Their experience in the forest & its otherworldly atmosphere & finally meeting someone who can answer their questions (which adds more as well), it was a long wait but what we got was quite significant.
__________________
I hate <Past Me> and <Future Me>. <Past Me> is an idiot. <Future Me> is a know-it-all. <Present Me> though is quite alright.
___________________
一夫多妻去勢拳ユーザー
El Rue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-11, 04:09   Link #70
wuhugm
Hentaiga of The End
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Remnant of Old World
Send a message via Yahoo to wuhugm
Okay, so the new chapter has answered everything related to their arrival to that world

Here you go, absolute spoilers

Spoiler for Massive spoilers, do not open:
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-12, 02:12   Link #71
SamVision
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: North America
The translations are painfully slow. From what has been already translated, I have already learned that when it comes to story writing, you should never put a vital main protagonist character on a bus early on in the story. You dumb author.
SamVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-12, 05:06   Link #72
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Internet Limbo
^I'm guessing It's just from your point of view since the flow & progress of the story is gonna' way slower based on what's available & translated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
Okay, so the new chapter has answered everything related to their arrival to that world
Ja, lots of revelations once again. Kay is way luckier & way more "prepared" about the truths & its fallout. Maybe its been so long but I can't remember much 'hints' about Airin/Eileen's case/situation (I think I remember a dream flashback but maybe I'm misremembering).

Pretty cool results too about their spirit partners, their horses new "special attributes" are also pretty amusing (almost like a new species of sorts?).
__________________
I hate <Past Me> and <Future Me>. <Past Me> is an idiot. <Future Me> is a know-it-all. <Present Me> though is quite alright.
___________________
一夫多妻去勢拳ユーザー
El Rue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-12, 07:14   Link #73
wuhugm
Hentaiga of The End
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Remnant of Old World
Send a message via Yahoo to wuhugm
^1 horse boi
Mikazuki died early in the story
The new horse, Sakura, was obtained in this world

Airin's case of disability was mentioned before.

Btw, Kei is still growing, his magic capacity is rising
But, author said it won't be to the level of TUUUEEEEE
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-12, 08:24   Link #74
kari-no-sugata II
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamVision View Post
The translations are painfully slow.
Unfortunately true, but I do appreciate that it is being translated.


Quote:
From what has been already translated, I have already learned that when it comes to story writing, you should never put a vital main protagonist character on a bus early on in the story. You dumb author.
You mean how Aileen (where the translations currently are in chapter 12) has been unconscious since the end of chapter 5? Yeah, I've not been enjoying that aspect - it's rather frustrating how long it has taken. I don't have a problem that she's been unconscious but much more that it's been WAY too long.
kari-no-sugata II is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-12, 08:48   Link #75
wuhugm
Hentaiga of The End
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Remnant of Old World
Send a message via Yahoo to wuhugm
Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
You mean how Aileen (where the translations currently are in chapter 12) has been unconscious since the end of chapter 5? Yeah, I've not been enjoying that aspect - it's rather frustrating how long it has taken. I don't have a problem that she's been unconscious but much more that it's been WAY too long.
Coz the translation is slow duh.

For me it was only an hour or so. In the story it was also only 1 night.
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-12, 09:56   Link #76
kari-no-sugata II
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
Coz the translation is slow duh.

For me it was only an hour or so. In the story it was also only 1 night.
So during that one hour, you weren't going "hey, is Aileen going to wake up already" at all?

Certainly the translation speed doesn't help at all, but if I was an editor I would strongly recommend the pacing of the "emergency situation" to be drastically improved (ie cut down the amount of words for that section by 50% or more even with the same action).
kari-no-sugata II is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-12, 10:13   Link #77
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Internet Limbo
^ I personally wasn't going like that when I went through the raws. Maybe I was just that really into the fight & scenes maybe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
^1 horse boi
Mikazuki died early in the story
The new horse, Sakura, was obtained in this world

Airin's case of disability was mentioned before.

Btw, Kei is still growing, his magic capacity is rising
But, author said it won't be to the level of TUUUEEEEE
I know, Kay is wearing something made from parts of it after all. The magic here is also one aspect that I enjoy seeing how it is something pretty rare and/or hard to use overall.

Ah, I'm reminded of the other people also transported (the one w/ the leopard girl), kinda' curious on how they're been fairing.


Oh hey, interesting comments in the blog about the translations huh.
__________________
I hate <Past Me> and <Future Me>. <Past Me> is an idiot. <Future Me> is a know-it-all. <Present Me> though is quite alright.
___________________
一夫多妻去勢拳ユーザー
El Rue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-12, 10:24   Link #78
wuhugm
Hentaiga of The End
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Remnant of Old World
Send a message via Yahoo to wuhugm
^Author still remembers the "Jap The Ripper" thing

Yea, when will those guys show up again. They got that amazing magician there.
Very valuable since magic here so hard to exercise, needing catalyst and shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
So during that one hour, you weren't going "hey, is Aileen going to wake up already" at all?

Certainly the translation speed doesn't help at all, but if I was an editor I would strongly recommend the pacing of the "emergency situation" to be drastically improved (ie cut down the amount of words for that section by 50% or more even with the same action).
No, but I can undertand that waiting that night to resolve IN MONTHS is painful as hell

The original raw took like 2 weeks real time for her to wake up, probably producing similar effect like the translation
The point is to create tension and show how deadly this world is (actually deadly, unlike other isekai stories)
It was done greatly here imho, many failed to create thrilling situations
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-12, 12:11   Link #79
kari-no-sugata II
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
No, but I can undertand that waiting that night to resolve IN MONTHS is painful as hell

The original raw took like 2 weeks real time for her to wake up, probably producing similar effect like the translation
The point is to create tension and show how deadly this world is (actually deadly, unlike other isekai stories)
It was done greatly here imho, many failed to create thrilling situations
I'm totally fine with creating tension and giving the protagonist a real sense that they (or people they care about) could die. I'm all for it. However, I think that sidelining a clearly important character for so long so early was not a good idea. If some of the world-building and interaction with the villagers had been done outside the time when Aileen was unconscious then it would have removed this issue and improved the tension. I'm not saying that what was written was "bad" overall (it was good but could have been great) or flawed in concept, just that there was an issue with the implementation.

The lack of tension is indeed a big problem in many WNs. It's fine if it's intended to be "slice of life" but if it's supposed to be a more action orientated series then having all the tension of a "walk-through" is bad. (Ditto bad pacing, poor prose, personality-free MCs, nonsensical powers or world-building, etc etc....)
kari-no-sugata II is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-12, 12:34   Link #80
wuhugm
Hentaiga of The End
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Remnant of Old World
Send a message via Yahoo to wuhugm
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
sidelining a clearly important character for so long so early was not a good idea.
Oh boi, if you read Yaritsukai to, Kuroneko, you will rage so hard
Other charas aside from MC get sidelined for so long in the early stage

Vermillion is actually kinda like that. So you all are overestimating Eileen's initial importance to the story.
Now everyone knows that Eileen is the only heroine in the story, I mean she's on the cover and all, but it started as WN, right?
Initially, people didn't know how the story will develop, it could even turn harem, so her absence for awhile wasn't really a bother back then. The initial readers followed the story intently, the ones read later reached her recovery quickly, so honestly the ones who think this is a problem are only english readers who doesn't get their fast translation lolol
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
archery, fantasy, isekai, ninja, virtual reality

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.