AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross

Notices

Old 2008-11-11, 07:39   Link #281
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

@Mughi

Hm, now that I look at the bandai's professional finish I see that the cockpit visor if slightly violet. Is it the same with the original part?

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 11:37   Link #282
abynormal
Skull Fairy Scout

Send a message via AIM to abynormal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urei View Post
@Mughi

Hm, now that I look at the bandai's professional finish I see that the cockpit visor if slightly violet. Is it the same with the original part?
I also wonder if those pictures were digitally touched-up. If they're in a professional publication, they most likely have been altered to adjust the colors at the very least.
abynormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 12:04   Link #283
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by abynormal View Post
I also wonder if those pictures were digitally touched-up. If they're in a professional publication, they most likely have been altered to adjust the colors at the very least.
Well, I've seen many pla models and I must say that the finish that was shown in those pictures is nothing out of ordinary. It's a regular one.

Tinting Canopies

Old 2008-11-11, 14:38   Link #284
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

All of the clear parts are clear. They must have used violet clear on the canopy for those photos. I had noticed that too and actually forgot to mention it. Thanks for asking.

I didn't see the point in doing the violet tint on the canopy, but I DID do the green tint on the clear visor on the head.
Mughi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 04:41   Link #285
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

More shots of latest progress. I'm planning on adding many graphics tomorrow night, but for now, I'm pretty much done with the verniers and vents. The close up shows the canopy pretty well and how its clear, not violet... Although Alto IS looking pretty bland in all gray... I will likely have to paint him afterall.

Enjoy!

Old 2008-11-13, 05:34   Link #286
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mughi View Post
More shots of latest progress. I'm planning on adding many graphics tomorrow night, but for now, I'm pretty much done with the verniers and vents. The close up shows the canopy pretty well and how its clear, not violet... Although Alto IS looking pretty bland in all gray... I will likely have to paint him afterall.

Enjoy!

The model looks great. I can see the canopy is indeed completely clear. It's a shame though. They could've given it the original tint. This will make my job a little bit more complicated though not as much as I thought at the beginning. Give it your best with painting Alto. As always, thx for the photos

Old 2008-11-20, 11:08   Link #287
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

I'll make a new post since it's been a while already.

I've finally received my VF-25F and I must say that you were right Mughi. The quality is simply amazing. It's nothing like I've ever seen before. It looks far better in real life then even in your photos. I must compliment the people who created this model.

I'll be starting my build as soon as I but the necessary tools and paints.

Old 2008-11-20, 15:26   Link #288
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urei View Post
I'll make a new post since it's been a while already.

I've finally received my VF-25F and I must say that you were right Mughi. The quality is simply amazing. It's nothing like I've ever seen before. It looks far better in real life then even in your photos. I must compliment the people who created this model.

I'll be starting my build as soon as I but the necessary tools and paints.
Excellent! Best of luck on the build. I'll be very interested in how you approach it!

My Ozma VF-25S is purported to be in transit now. I've been really busy offline what with evacuations from fires and catching up with work deadlines. I'm taking a break until after Thanksgiving here in the USA. I hope to finish off Alto's ride in early December and will post pics when I'm finished.
Old 2008-11-21, 13:05   Link #289
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Woohoo! My VF-25F came in the mail yesterday . Took a peak inside...holy crap the parts are detailed . I'll probably spending some extra time on the panel lines to get them all with my Gundam marker (which i still need to find...). Though I have a question for those who have built one: which detail sheet is probably better to use? I really don't have much painting experience if any so the most I'll do is the panel lines as I'm building the kit.
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 13:24   Link #290
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
Woohoo! My VF-25F came in the mail yesterday . Took a peak inside...holy crap the parts are detailed . I'll probably spending some extra time on the panel lines to get them all with my Gundam marker (which i still need to find...). Though I have a question for those who have built one: which detail sheet is probably better to use? I really don't have much painting experience if any so the most I'll do is the panel lines as I'm building the kit.
You mean the decal sheets? From what i saw both are applicable. I know that just putting on one of them will not be enough. The red / black markings that go near the air intakes are different on both of them but non of them provides the complete scheme of the plane.

I'll be starting the assembly tomorrow. I've gathered all the tools, cutter being the last one It was a bad idea to throw my old ones.

Old 2008-11-21, 14:00   Link #291
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

THIS is just seriously cool.

Designer Haruhiko Mikimoto to Draw New Macross Manga

Tentatively titled Macross The First in recently revealed Macross Ace mag

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 19:33   Link #292
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yeah i heard about that this morning. I welcome Haruhiko Mikimoto back to the world of Macross.
Old 2008-11-21, 19:46   Link #293
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

No, he should be back making a new friggin' TV series! That is what he should do!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 19:57   Link #294
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
No, he should be back making a new friggin' TV series! That is what he should do!
I'd love for that to happen --- more then anything though doing the art for a Macross-related manga comes close in second place.
Old 2008-11-22, 05:09   Link #295
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

It just isn't Macross without Haruhiko Mikimoto.
pinoy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 01:17   Link #296
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoy78 View Post
It just isn't Macross without Haruhiko Mikimoto.
True, but they did a pretty good job with MF.

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
TwilightHack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 04:23   Link #297
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I agree. But I can only imagine how Sheryl would look like rendered by him...

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 05:45   Link #298
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Update on the assembly:

I've managed to complete the first step presented in the instruction. The front of VF-25 is more or less complete. I've decided to paint all white parts, even the ones that are responsible for the transformation of the craft. I must say that I'm amazed at how many parts the kit actually has. The bow consists of 24 white parts excluding gray and black ones.

About the paint job. The color and the gloss of the plastic presented by default in the kit is really nice. Nevertheless I was amazed at the effect I got from applying paint. I used Tamiya TS-27 Matt White paint along with Tamiya Matt White Primer. The gloss is completely gone and the surface is smooth. The 'feel' of the plastic is gone and it looks as if it was made out of a different type of compound. Thanks to the lack of gloss the lines are visible much better.

Once I'll assemble a larger part I'll make some photos

Old 2008-11-24, 05:52   Link #299
Revliss

any news on Art books
Revliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 17:34   Link #300
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
I agree. But I can only imagine how Sheryl would look like rendered by him...
That's something i wouldn't mind seeing one day --- along with Ranka and Alto.