AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Horizon

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-17, 20:01   Link #61
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeruri View Post
As what kermal had said, you can extract concepts into core, and then you can create artificial areas with that concept (this is called concepted area <概念空間>, and they can coexist with the real world). There are usually two concept cores: One is for the characteristic of their G world, and the other that makes up their own world.

For example, when all the Gs had collapsed after the Concept War, the denizens of the G-worlds were forced to take refuge in the real world (notice the resemblance to Horizon? The real world is called Low-G instead of Divine States).

1st and 3rd G survivors created a concepted area for their settlements because 1st Gs cannot survive under Low-G environment (the real world) since their gene patterns revealed to be resembling that of words that make them exist (1st G's concept manisfests word's power, in other words, whatever you write will become real), and automated dolls cannot function unless under 3rd-G environment due to the "metals have life" concept.

In other words, they can create an artificial parallel area as long as you have the concept core that makes up that world. I think the technology they used to create the Harmonic Divine States is kinda like a variant of that, although I am not sure. Kawakami didn't mention that much about how Harmonic Divine States were created.
Ehh...in that case....maybe that's why Horizon people need Haki to survive.

But that shouldn't apply to Far Easterners.....since they're Earth natives no?
Old 2011-11-17, 20:05   Link #62
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

After watching episode 7, I'm curious about the Religion of the other Testament Factions. We more or less know how the Shinto Gods work for Musashi, but how does the Abrahamic Religion work for the other countries? How do they 'buy' their powers?
Old 2011-11-17, 20:24   Link #63
kemal_1915

About the Gs
1 - Manifestation of the Power of Words (If you write "explosion 3 sec later" on a paper, then it will become a bomb)
2 - Manifestation of the Power of Names (If your name is "Leo", you may have the power of a lion)
3 - Metals Have Life and gravitational control (It doesn't mean your computer (metal) can sing and dance suddenly. Metals just become cells which can perform metabolic process)
4 - Plants become animals
5 - Manipulation of the concept of "direction" (so they are the expert of aviation tech)
6 - Ability to cycle between life and death (they can rebirth after death but it takes a lot of time)
7 - Unclear but people can live a very long time
8 - Heat have life (I don't really understand the detail but they can store data in the form of heat)
9 - Ability to control light and heat
10 - Unclear but they have the ability to heal

The technology have passed to EDGE and GENESIS
so the technology used in KnH is originated from them (esp 1,2,3,5 Gs)
Old 2011-11-17, 20:56   Link #64
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

So...

1 - Tonbokiri?
2 - Concept of using names of historical figures
3 - all Automatons (except for P-01s, perhaps?), possibly Ulqiaga as well
4 - Brown Algae
5 - Concept behind all aerial vehicles
6 - no Horizon Characters
7 - Nurhaci
8 - no Horizon Characters
9 - no Horizon Characters
10 - no Horizon Characters

Can anyone confirm or change what's in this list?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.

Last edited by Marcus H.; 2011-11-17 at 21:14.
Old 2011-11-17, 21:09   Link #65
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

The Name thing is like how Muneshige gets his speed...may also be tied to the naming of Horizon people after historical figures
Old 2011-11-18, 09:21   Link #66
kemal_1915

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
So...

1 - Tonbokiri?
2 - Concept of using names of historical figures
3 - all Automatons (except for P-01s, perhaps?), possibly Ulqiaga as well
4 - Brown Algae
6 - no Horizon Characters
7 - Nurhaci
8 - no Horizon Characters
9 - no Horizon Characters
10 - no Horizon Characters

Can anyone confirm or change what's in this list?
1 - the witches (Margot and Malga), remember they wrote something on their blooms then something happened in ep 1?
also the spells (Muneshige used to accelerate in ep 5)
3 - all Automatons, Gods of War
P-01s...I don';t know
Ulqiaga...No, he is a bit complicated
half-dragon is from 1st-G but they used the tech from 3rd and 5th Gs, 3rd-G for living metal and 5th for dragon (transformable aerial vehicles)
i.e. human in 1st G use dragon (metal) in 5th G to merge together by 3rd G living metal tech
7 - people who have a very long life?

Kawakami said that "Ether" is first appeared in EDGE which he hasn't written it yet
so we don't know much about it
Old 2011-12-03, 04:02   Link #67
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Heads up again.

According to 4chan, looks like Noriki looks weak is because his ability is the "three-hit knockout", with the first two hits as offering. This is the reason why most enemies are able to fend him off before the second strike.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2011-12-11, 11:45   Link #68
Kunagisa

For episode 11, if you have trouble following the punches, try to keep track of the numbers on the fist. The punches are countdowns, so the OHKO (3rd punch) is marked with 【一】 not 【三】.

<3 Sunrise for details.
Old 2011-12-11, 12:15   Link #69
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

So, Noriki basically "disabled" Galileo's power before owning him personally.
The thing is: when did he actually punched thrice Galileo's Ptolemaic Theory?
Kisaragi was definitely stopping galileo's beam (as part of its ability to punch -anything-), and finally Mutsuki disabling Galileo's power before hitting him with Kisaragi (body).
But the problem is: when did he punch with Yayoizuki against Galileo's Ptolemaic Theory?

Meanwhile, does anyone know how long these punch affect the target? Since the Yayoizuki affecting Galileo previously was done hours prior the showdown, I suspect the effect might almost be longlasting, especially he could own that KPA Italia's captain who trashed him back when they arrested Horizon.
Second question: does Yayoizuki affect the target defense completely, or the defense is only disabled against Noriki's punches?

Last edited by Klashikari; 2011-12-11 at 12:30.
Old 2011-12-11, 12:30   Link #70
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
But the problem is: when did he punch with Yayoizuki against Galileo's Ptolemaic Theory?
This is just my theory for the anime (don't have the novel in front of me ). I haven't watch the episode that many times, but he can save up the punches. Instead of counting 3,2,1 and 3,2,1 again x2, he can do 3,2,3,2,3,3,2,2, then 1,1,1 consecutively. This means he need 9 punches total, and I don't think they showed all of 'em, I just counted the ones, which I'm pretty sure there are 3 of 'em.

Quote:
Meanwhile, does anyone know how long these punch affect the target? Since the Yayoizuki affecting Galileo previously was done hours prior the showdown, I suspect the effect might almost be longlasting, especially he could own that KPA Italia's captain who trashed him back when they arrested Horizon.
Second question: does Yayoizuki affect the target defense completely, or the defense is only disabled against Noriki's punches?
1) No idea. If I have to guess, since the names are month based I say monthly .
2) Only for Noriki because he's the one doing the offer.

EDIT: I think the ending order is like 1,2,1,1, so he possibly did 3,3,2,3,2,1,2,1,1.

Last edited by Kunagisa; 2011-12-11 at 12:37. Reason: Orders
Old 2011-12-11, 12:43   Link #71
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I understand perfectly that Noriki doesn't need to land 3 punches in a row, considering he basically trashed the KPA Italia captain in the mean time between his 2 encounters with Galileo, so the order is in fact: 3 Yayoizuki (Body), 3 Yayoizuki (Theory), 2 Kisaragi (Theory), 1 Mutsuki (Theory), 2 Kisaragi (Body), 1 Mutsuki (Body).

More in details:
3 (body): episode 8, when Galileo showed up the first time
=>
3 (theory) : ???
=>
2 (theory): when Noriki nullified Galileo's Beam
=>
1 (theory): Noriki demolished in close quarter Galileo's theory orb,
=>
2 (body): Noriki quickly punched him after he disabled Galileo's theory
=>
1 (body): after Ulqi stunned Galileo.

As you can see, the only problem I have is the very first punch against the theory, not the actual order of the punches.
Also, as your screenshot implies, Noriki charged Galileo with a "三", hence he didn't touch the theory prior this confrontation.
Old 2011-12-11, 12:52   Link #72
Kunagisa

Quote:
I understand perfectly that Noriki doesn't need to land 3 punches in a row, considering he basically trashed the KPA Italia captain in the mean time between his 2 encounters with Galileo, so the order is in fact: 3 Yayoizuki (Body), 3 Yayoizuki (Theory), 2 Kisaragi (Theory), 1 Mutsuki (Theory), 2 Kisaragi (Body), 1 Mutsuki (Body).

More in details:
3 (body): episode 8, when Galileo showed up the first time
=>
3 (theory) : ???
=>
2 (theory): when Noriki nullified Galileo's Beam
=>
1 (theory): Noriki demolished in close quarter Galileo's theory orb,
=>
2 (body): Noriki quickly punched him after he disabled Galileo's theory
=>
1 (body): after Ulqi stunned Galileo.

As you can see, the only problem I have is the very first punch against the theory, not the actual order of the punches.
Also, as your screenshot implies, Noriki charged Galileo with a "三", hence he didn't touch the theory prior this confrontation.
All of the Galileo's "spells" are part of him, I never really made the distinction that you need to punch the spell itself to nullify the spell's defense. And I know that you understand (I was only typing a bit more for the rest of the people who might come in later). I'm just saying only the 【一】 matter at least on screen, and I also said they possibly didn't show all of 'em (it looks so bland compare to Futayo's fight, I'm not surprised they're just saving cuts here).

Maybe I can check the novel a week later if you're still interested (or some other novel people can check against that in the mean time).
Old 2011-12-11, 12:55   Link #73
Mazus

I believed he punched the theory right when Galileo made his first revolution. You will notice that Noriki made an impact on something with Yayoizuki right after Galileo moved. I believe what he punched was the trail of the revolution which would count as part of the theory.
Old 2011-12-11, 12:56   Link #74
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I was actually wondering if it was the case, since there wasn't really an impact, in comparison with Kisaragi and Mutsuki applied on them. But I guess it is either that, or the very first encounter where he hit Galileo and his spell at the same time.
Thinking about it, it seems it is the latter, which would explain why Galileo suddenly remembers of the first punch when Kisaragi connected against the Theory beam.
Old 2011-12-11, 17:26   Link #75
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

Actually it's not as long as it seems, Noriki first punch on the KPA Italia's captain was only the night before. Then his other punch on Galileo was less than an hour ago- given that Horizon's execution would be two hours from there.
Old 2011-12-11, 17:29   Link #76
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

To me, such effecting lasting for hours is really long, considering how crippling it can be for long term battle. We don't know how far it can last on the target, but at least 10 minutes is quite fair, let alone hours.
Old 2011-12-11, 19:02   Link #77
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Can someone explain me how his puch work because I don't really undertsand And since Toori ability supply them aether, does it nullify Innocentus attack ? It seems, it's not the case, but I don't understand why ?
Old 2011-12-11, 19:32   Link #78
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Class 3 punch = 0% evasion = target cannot evade this attack
Class 2 punch = 0% restriction = this attack can affect anything, probably a conceptual attack in itself
Class 1 punch = 0% HP = this attack will knock out the enemy no matter what (a combination of Class 3's cannot evade effect and Class 2's conceptual effect, in this case is probably attacking the target's consciousness directly)

Old 2011-12-12, 01:14   Link #79
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Wasn't it described as the punch is impossible to defend against? That mean it would absolutely nullify the ability to block it with a shield/barrier?
Old 2011-12-12, 03:54   Link #80
Kakkou
Tch.

Yeah, I remember Neshinbara saying something like how Yayoizuki "ignores all forms of defense/protectiion against it"
Closed Thread