AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-12-07, 09:19   Link #1421
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Not trying to. Just being honest why I left SWTOR. Though I still enjoy the game (I still have a month left on my leftover subscription), I frankly enjoy another game more. That's all.

Just saying because I left SWTOR before the F2P was even implemented. Now that it's free and leveling will be harder, I don't know if it's worth it to even try to go back, especially since my computer seems to barely be able to run it for whatever reason (probably my aging GTX 570... I really need an upgrade >_<).
I sincerely doubt your GTX 570 is your issue. SWTOR is RAM intensive, especially due to incredibly bad design decisions on how the engine handles loading zones (I have friends on lower-mid range computers who take over a minute to load into planets like Tatooine or Belsavis, for instance). It's also CPU intensive. I can't say it's particularly stressing on the actual video card front. A simple monitoring tool like Rivatuner or MSI Afterburner, etc, will likely show your 570 not being remotely close to being taxed at all.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 15:20   Link #1422
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Not trying to. Just being honest why I left SWTOR. Though I still enjoy the game (I still have a month left on my leftover subscription), I frankly enjoy another game more. That's all.

Just saying because I left SWTOR before the F2P was even implemented. Now that it's free and leveling will be harder, I don't know if it's worth it to even try to go back, especially since my computer seems to barely be able to run it for whatever reason (probably my aging GTX 570... I really need an upgrade >_<).
QFT for me as well haha. I was all into the F2P and even resubbed 1 month, but after a week I just stopped again hahahahah. Well part of the reason why I haven't played is that I despise the fact that I made my Jedi Guardian a Twilek; he's freaking ugly and I do NOT want to go through levels 1-10 again. I thought it was cool at first to play a Jedi Twilek, but now I just think they're ugly tentacle faces. If I made my character a female Twilek, that would be a different story but unfortunately I didn't

I agree with creb. I have a 560 and SWTOR runs perfectly fine on high graphics. Of course when I did operations and Ilum back in the day, I had to lower the settings due to major PC lag.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 19:01   Link #1423
Ending

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
Wow, that sounds quite insulting. I'm 26 and enjoyed the few bits of the Jedi Knight storyline
Nothing wrong in it, as long as you enjoy the game. I find the game kinda kiddy as well. Too sterile. The mention about keeping Vette as a slave and breaking her in would definitely add flavor as well as a chance to liberate her (PvP, maybe), but we know nothing like this is going to happen. So safe and so boring.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 23:50   Link #1424
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well it is Star Wars.
Old 2012-12-21, 19:06   Link #1425
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

So... I got bored with grinding for starbases and whatnot, so i loaded up SWTOR and gave F2P a shot.

First chore of the day, deleted everything. I basically abandoned all my 10-20s on Bastion and ran for the largest server in the sector: Harbringer. But to my surprise, Legacy remained unlocked, so I gleefully began gaining Leg rep from the get go.

I rolled a BH, and got ready to grind me some Mako. And that I did. While it was ANNOYING to have all that PLEASE UPGRADE NAO shoved in my face, it was so constant that I actually got used to it. Now I don't even see them any more.

I was a preferred customer, so I had some benefits, which was sufficient to break most of the problems of gameplay. Having a healer from day 1 made another difference -- where I was weaker, Mako helped me dps AND heal. As a reward, she's now decked out in a random assortment of social gear and modables. So have I.

Next bit to get used to: RAINBOW ARMOR. It was like good ol WoW all over again. XD

2 crew skills ain't bad; I've taken to just get gathering skills and sell everything on the AH. That has paid off in terms of the random bargains I get (Loungewear top and bottoms for Mako -- perfect for rounding off a hard day of collecting bounties. ).

The commendation limit is another annoying PoS, but that's just fixed by running back to town often and using well planned Quick Transports.

The fix to Medical Drones? DON'T DIE (I've only died when in the company of others who can res me. And as a combat medic, I usually keep them alive more.)

Leveling is slow, but I see more and more of why this game was setup like this. It was to give players who hardly have time to play, to have a chance to jump in and have some fun. Sure I'm locked out of the endgame, but hey, I'm just 13, endgame is but in a galaxy far far away.

So, with blasters in hand, red spiky Zabrak humor in the other, and Mako sitting in my lap, I'm shooting first right through the F2P chaos. I might sub one day, but I'll save that for when I hit the end. Granted I'm Asian, and I am used to the Asian MMO model, so as long as they never include the 'refine item but has chance to break unless you use said item from cash shop', I'll keep playing.
Old 2013-06-21, 05:46   Link #1426
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

God this game is annoying!! ive been trying to pay for a subscription all afternoon but i keep getting an An error has occurred while trying to process your request. Please, try again later. {0}

And to top it off i cant even contact them for support, for some stupid reason they dont have email, just the phone option, and theres no way im making an international call with no idea how long i will even have to wait on hold. its almost like they dont even want my money..
Old 2013-06-21, 12:37   Link #1427
Destined_Fate

I stopped playing SWTOR because of the load times. >_>

Freaking planet load times take forever on the big planets and it's annoying. I may drop by for Double EXP though to level up my characters I still want to hit 50 with.

Last edited by Destined_Fate; 2013-06-21 at 12:51.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 09:21   Link #1428
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I resubbed just fine. But I do know that some parts of the server went down today because of the sudden surge of activity.

See you guys in game!
Old 2013-06-22, 09:44   Link #1429
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
I resubbed just fine. But I do know that some parts of the server went down today because of the sudden surge of activity.

See you guys in game!
im still having problems resubbing, did you do it through paypal? im definitely not giving them my credit card details, i dont trust anyone but paypal with that
Old 2013-06-22, 22:08   Link #1430
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It went free to play a while ago from what I remember.
Old 2013-06-22, 22:18   Link #1431
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

So, instead of a limited free to play. We can actually fully level free to play or something?
Old 2013-06-23, 01:37   Link #1432
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
So, instead of a limited free to play. We can actually fully level free to play or something?
Yee, thing is, instead of restricting levels, they're restricting gear and instance cooldowns. It's great if you're going to play it for the story, but if your going for gear, raids, and PvP, you pretty much have to subscribe if you want the good stuff.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 03:45   Link #1433
Destined_Fate

You can buy unlocks off the GTN. My account has nearly ever Cartel Store Unlock all bought off other players.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 08:01   Link #1434
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I actually sub on and off depending on the amount of time I have. And I use my credit card instead of Paypal. Its tied to an independent debit card account so that I can minimize my losses. Its a practice honed from years of WoWing...

And yes, while you can't (directly) buy stuff from the CM with in game currency, you can buy everything off the AH. Here, subbers have a hidden advantage: without credit account limits, you can farm and buy virtually anything whereas F2Pers are locked out.

The more I play SWTOR, the more I realize what was the thinking behind its strange pricing system. You are definitely valued as a subscriber make no mistake, but if the proverbial F2P MMO Whale were to exist in SWTOR, he would be a subber, and still spend on top of that.

This is why subbers have lots of perks and yet still can't have everything on sub alone. Its a terrible marketing solution, but it has proven to be a sound business one.

Me? I consider myself a Killer Whale player. I spend on top of my sub because where I lack time, I have money. But you're not getting 1000 per month out of me, ever.

Where are you guys playing? I got shipped out of Dalborra into Harbinger. And now suffer 2x more ping. :/

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2013-06-24 at 08:14.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 21:25   Link #1435
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

after 2 weeks of trying to pay through paypal i finally gave up and used my Visa....and guess what? It still had the same problem, i have decided that bioware doesnt want my money anymore
Old 2013-06-29, 02:48   Link #1436
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
after 2 weeks of trying to pay through paypal i finally gave up and used my Visa....and guess what? It still had the same problem, i have decided that bioware doesnt want my money anymore
Which country are you in? Have you added the details into the saved payments part of the website?

Or are you trying to sub in the middle of the chaos of 2xp weekend?
Old 2013-06-29, 05:25   Link #1437
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Which country are you in? Have you added the details into the saved payments part of the website?

Or are you trying to sub in the middle of the chaos of 2xp weekend?
i have paid with paypal several times before, i live in australia.

Ive been trying to sub several times a day for the past week and a half
Old 2013-06-29, 09:15   Link #1438
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Just tried paypal myself to buy 40 bucks of coin. It's a confirmed error. My current sub was bought with my credit card details apparrently.

Last time I had this problem, CustServ solved it really quick. That was a year ago though. Have you tried this?
Old 2013-06-29, 10:42   Link #1439
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Just tried paypal myself to buy 40 bucks of coin. It's a confirmed error. My current sub was bought with my credit card details apparrently.

Last time I had this problem, CustServ solved it really quick. That was a year ago though. Have you tried this?
i live in australia im not making a international call just to be put on hold for however long it takes for my turn to come up. this is 2013 wheres the damn email option! i cant even post on the forums without being a subscriber
Old 2013-06-29, 19:43   Link #1440
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
i live in australia im not making a international call just to be put on hold for however long it takes for my turn to come up. this is 2013 wheres the damn email option! i cant even post on the forums without being a subscriber
I recently just called them about 2 months back with regards to a questing issue and then was directed to in-game help. You won't be on hold forever if you call during Perth lunch time. Its downtime over there.

But really, I cannot imagine SWTOR having choked CustServ considering the number of players playing and subbing in this game.

I spent no less than 5 minutes on the phone from dailing to hanging up during my previous call. Does your phone plan accomodate that?

Tags
bioware, lucasarts, mmorpg, star wars, windows