AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Old 2007-08-28, 14:23   Link #181
kureshii
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikikomori Ja nai View Post
Is Galatea's ability to affect Yoki learn able? I have been thinking, because Clare seemed to use it on Jean like right after and i saw one of those male AB's use it so i am wondering if any claymore can simply just effectively develop it over time.
Their abilities are not quite the same. Galatea detects the flow of yoki and tweaks it slightly (method unknown), while the AB synchronises with the user's yoki flow and controls her that way (I suppose, like using a larger flow of yoki to influence a smaller flow of yoki).

I suppose there are other ways to control yoki that's not your own, and any theoretical future character could possibly have that ability...
kureshii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-28, 15:38   Link #182
Flora20709
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Flora20709 Send a message via Yahoo to Flora20709
I Have Question For U teresa lovers

if she came back to life
would she be friends if she meet irene
Flora20709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-28, 15:55   Link #183
Seska

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quichy20709 View Post

if she came back to life
Yes. Because she hold back there in the fight.. Even when Irene and the others goes serious...Clare's chibi influence...
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-28, 21:22   Link #184
hollywoodlou
from Hollywood CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quichy20709 View Post

if she came back to life
Yes! Definitely. Irene gave her LAST arm to her "daughter" Clare. That act alone warrants a blood allegiance between those 2.

If it was Teresa PRE-CLARE? Forget it.
Old 2007-08-29, 01:24   Link #185
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Irene would definitely get along with Teresa (as long as she was a renegade, not in the organization)! Irene didn't have anything personally against Teresa. I doubt Irene even though Teresa deserved to die. It was just orders. She must have felt guilty for being the leader of the group that lost all its members and unleashed Priscilla on the world.

I imagine it would be a lot like Galatea's relationship with Clare. Organizational loyalties come first if you want to live very long as a claymore (and even then there is no guarantee.)
chibamonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-29, 03:15   Link #186
kureshii
Disabled By Request

Well, the both of them are defectors, I don't see any reason why the two would want to kill each other - there was never any enmity between them in the first place.
kureshii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-29, 06:06   Link #187
zhoutai753
zhoutai753

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandrake View Post
I don't think it's the chest, as so much as the lower half.
Because in the manga
Spoiler:

it was rather normal
Spoiler:
zhoutai753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-29, 15:57   Link #188
Twisted Reality
Is Neither Goth Nor Emo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharingard View Post
This anime is surprisingly good. A strange mix of evangelion, berserk and... sailor moon
How good is the manga after the 26th episode ?

Am I the only one having a hard time recognizing faces and remembering names ?
Wow. . .uhh. . .you're kinda take the long-route to it. Not sure where you're pulling up Evangelion or Sailor Moon.

It's Berserk-lite (PG-13) with some standard shounen thrown in.

The protagonist could just as easily have been a cyborg or vampire or something in any other genre (but has to be half demon because of the setting). Whether she's a cyborg or vampire or whatever is not so important as the fact that she has to be floating in limbo between being a monster (or machine) and being human. (ala Battle Angel Alita, Noir, Ghost In The Shell, Monster, Inu Yasha, Tsukihime, umm. . .Hellsing probably. . . hell, you could make a case for King Kong.)

I thought Berserk did the man wants to become a monster, thing much better.
Twisted Reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-29, 19:07   Link #189
hollywoodlou
from Hollywood CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kureshii View Post
Well, the both of them are defectors, I don't see any reason why the two would want to kill each other - there was never any enmity between them in the first place.
Agreed. They weren't even on the same playing field, rank-wise. Teresa's attitude was that Irene was just inferior and nothing personal.
Old 2007-08-29, 19:11   Link #190
Flora20709
Banned

i wish they were in the same rank but ther not maybe if teresa didnt die and prscilla would be like galatea and just say she died when she didn't and this theory of Trene Half Awakening amd growing back her arms and then having 2 swords and does ur flashsword THEN she might be on the same rank wit teresa
Old 2007-08-29, 21:46   Link #191
Twisted Reality
Is Neither Goth Nor Emo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodlou View Post
Agreed. They weren't even on the same playing field, rank-wise. Teresa's attitude was that Irene was just inferior and nothing personal.
I dunno. That sounded pretty personal to me. Although it's probably more accurate to say that Theresa just didn't feel threatened by any of the other Claymores.

In any case, a potential friendship seems like it'd depend a lot on circumstance. If Theresa were still alive, I question what her motives would be. Most Claymores usually tolerate each other with some high-strung tension, if at all.

Seems like death makes Theresa a lot more sympathizable though.
Twisted Reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-29, 22:12   Link #192
hollywoodlou
from Hollywood CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Reality View Post
I dunno. That sounded pretty personal to me. Although it's probably more accurate to say that Theresa just didn't feel threatened by any of the other Claymores.

In any case, a potential friendship seems like it'd depend a lot on circumstance. If Theresa were still alive, I question what her motives would be. Most Claymores usually tolerate each other with some high-strung tension, if at all.

Seems like death makes Theresa a lot more sympathizable though.

My interpretation for that particular scene is just annoyance that Teresa was discovered quickly and the conversation between Irene and Teresa was not of history between the 2 but just "female machismo", nothing more. You can compare it to the "hierarchy" rankings in the culture of Claymores...if you are a single digit and the other's not...well, see Helen-Clare in the Slashers arc. That's before and after they survive the awakened Being in the mountains.

Death doesn't make Teresa sympathetic. Just call it influence. Sympathy is for people who are begging for it, not asking for it. Speaking of sympathy, I'm voting for Noel in the 2nd poll if 3 votes are allowed.

Last edited by hollywoodlou; 2007-08-30 at 01:50.
hollywoodlou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-30, 15:15   Link #193
Samuel20709
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora20709 View Post
i wish they were in the same rank but ther not maybe if teresa didnt die and prscilla would be like galatea and just say she died when she didn't and this theory of Trene Half Awakening amd growing back her arms and then having 2 swords and does ur flashsword THEN she might be on the same rank wit teresa
well as much as i love irene i have to say she would not be on the rank of teresa because she just wont

sucks for u cuzzo
Samuel20709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-30, 15:31   Link #194
hollywoodlou
from Hollywood CA

Shouldn't the question be "Does Irene stand a chance of winning AGAINST Teresa?"
Old 2007-08-30, 17:40   Link #195
Rhyel
*Graphic Designer

I have a very old question:

Noel vs Sophia. Which is the number 3? (Before Priscilla introduction)
Old 2007-08-30, 18:23   Link #196
Flora20709
Banned

Well They where fighting over it and its not really know
but noel is very fast
and sophia was super strong
Old 2007-08-30, 21:27   Link #197
hollywoodlou
from Hollywood CA

[off-topic part deleted by a moderator]

Quote:
I have a very old question:

Noel vs Sophia. Which is the number 3? (Before Priscilla introduction)
The answer is NOt in the manga either. Good question , though.
Old 2007-08-30, 22:53   Link #198
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Is the latest raw chapter still 73? And, if that is the case, when will the next chapter be released? Lastly, what is the typical release schedule for the manga (such as biweekly or monthly)?
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-30, 23:35   Link #199
kumori
~*KAMI*~

Location: In my own little anime world that revolves around me...
ch. 74 will come out in november because of the change to shonen sq. or something like that but it is usually monthly, so we have to wait... -.- but on the plus side we have extra specials that come out and i think the next one is next week?? someone correct me if i am wrong please =]
kumori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-30, 23:49   Link #200
hollywoodlou
from Hollywood CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumori View Post
ch. 74 will come out in november because of the change to shonen sq. or something like that but it is usually monthly, so we have to wait... -.- but on the plus side we have extra specials that come out and i think the next one is next week?? someone correct me if i am wrong please =]
Right you are, it's scheduled for next week. According to dxanato though, this is supposed to be the last extra scene before November 2.

Tags
claymore, q & a