margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Spoiler for Episode 1 of Ironman:
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-01, 10:47   Link #263
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Oh it aired already? Damn missed it....

Gotta see how Tony acts, will not look at the spoilers.
Old 2010-10-01, 11:17   Link #264
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

The OP

Old 2010-10-01, 23:49   Link #265
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

If they dub this to english, I want Robert Downey Jr to reprise his role.
Old 2010-10-02, 00:48   Link #266
ReddyRedWolf

This thread should be moved to current.

LOL Tony got a taste of a Japanese female slap calling him pervert. Also the first thing he does on Japanese soil is eye on a meganeko. I can see Pepper halfway across the world having a feeling of a potential sexual harassment suit coming.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 00:55   Link #267
Edgewalker
Nani ?

I'm glad they kept Starks playboy personality.

If they had tried to convert him into a generic Japanese man Shinji clone this show would have been shit. Luckily they didn't and the show seems good to boot.

Will be following this one.
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 01:34   Link #268
chickdigger802

I'm kinda disappointed with the outcome Madhouse came out with. I heard they had 'free reign to re-imagine the Marvel superheroes for Japanese audiences. Yet this cartoon feels really western and seems to take a lot from the recent films with the in helmet UI and the 'suit up sequence'. The CG could also use a little more work. The framerate seems pretty low.

Hopefully it gets better over the series.
chickdigger802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 02:24   Link #269
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

I'm not expecting any thing new or 're-imagine'. I'm just glad it is good old Iron Man adventure, anime style. Look at what they did to Wolverine!
Old 2010-10-02, 04:02   Link #270
ReddyRedWolf

Considering the Mark III(?) armor it seems to be set between the first movie and Iron Man 2. With Tony selling his Arc technology.

Interesting big Arc reactor uses plutonium where as Tony's mini-Arc reactor uses a palladium, later that new element. Also the whole hero retirement thing doesn't make sense unless one watched Iron Man 2.

But it does goes against Tony's attitude in Iron Man 2 where he doesn't want the US government gaining his Iron Man suit. Though I don't know if within the season he'll go 180 over others using his armor tech.
Old 2010-10-02, 04:36   Link #271
Circlebutton
Occasional Occasionalist.

Script feels lazy. No complain about animation. Will stick around because Iron Man is one of my childhood heroes
Spoiler for Suspicion:
Old 2010-10-02, 04:47   Link #272
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
This guy might as well tattoo "me bad" on his forehead

What is this supposed to be? It's right between the credit and preview
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 07:33   Link #273
Funkatron
Highly irregular

I hereby dub this show "Tony Stark's Wacky Adventures in Japan!". It so totally felt that way, especially with the slap in the face he got when that reporter didn't put up with his BS. I also find his reasoning for choosing Japan for his arc reactor initiative was hilarious. Sure Tony, trhe Japanese are peace loving beatniks. Sure they won't use your tech to create giant robots....

I agree with above that the script department was lazy. Cheap way to get him to Japan and Tony seems to have lost some of his spark. That and we need more Pepper, stat.
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 07:38   Link #274
OkamiNoKaze

Pretty good first episodes, I had hoped the show would have it's own continuity, but I guess being tied to the movies isn't so bad, I had wondered how Tony's personality would clash against Japanese society. I'm sure it was done wholly on purpose, but add a little mustache to that Editor in Chief, and you have another J.J. Jameson.
Old 2010-10-02, 07:46   Link #275
ReddyRedWolf

Not that Japan are utter peace lovers but their very constitution prohibits their military for aggressive warfare but for self defense only.

Specifically Article 9.

Japan as we know was an aggressor and loser of World War II Pacific theater. So these terms were forced upon them. Heck Japan got off lightly compared to Germany.
Old 2010-10-02, 09:54   Link #276
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Not bad, not totally unlike Iron Man as we know it but also not quite like the Iron Man as we know it.

Either way it's still good to watch for what it is and I think I'll enjoy it through out.

Just hope we get more Pepper Potts
Old 2010-10-02, 09:56   Link #277
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

just saw the anime. WOW! It was AWESOME!

Seems they've made it from the movie Ironman where before he was developing Mark5 and 6 armors which are hack proof.

Now I'll be damn sure Ironman "Dio" or the blue stealth version will have a product increase on sales when it's introduced in the movie or was that the plan all along? For the other ironman toys to sell? Good job campaigning it in the anime.

Love how Tony acts similar to the one we know arrogant, confident, womanizer you know the deal with Tony. This really needs to get an English dub soon and I hope Robert Downy would do it, it's like watching an anime version of him.

Though I think we won't see Rhode's(War Machine) here because this seems to happen in between the first movie and the 2nd movie, but hey who knows?

Ironman anime check added to watch lists.
Old 2010-10-02, 10:37   Link #278
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

good

I was disappointed the final animation was nothing like the teaser trailer but it works. The CGI was a bit better than I expected, although it isn't the greatest. I wish it were all hand drawn or at least had the hand-drawn look.

Oh yeah, Tony's suit wasn't hacked. The suit was sabotaged from the start. It was programmed to emit a red light in the HUD in order to trigger the brainwashed pilot into stealing the suit.

Iron Man falls into the mecha genre. He has powers similar to Astro Boy. He's a scientist that builds robots. He's a dude in a robot armor. A lot of things translate well. Madhouse didn't change much of the source material because of that.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 11:13   Link #279
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

Quote:
Though I think we won't see Rhode's(War Machine) here because this seems to happen in between the first movie and the 2nd movie, but hey who knows?
Was it confirmed that this is series is situated between the 1 & 2? It felt like it's in a different timeline/universe since Tony was so reluctant to give the suit to the US army in Iron Man 2 and yet he just gave the Dio and the tech to build an Arc Reactor to the Japanese like candy. This first episode felt like this series will be totally unrelated to the movies.
Old 2010-10-02, 11:22   Link #280
PzIVf3

Spoiler for Iron Man Vs Wolverine?:
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote