AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2021-09-13, 03:19   Link #61
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Grunt fight in this game is super fun, but the boss fights are just out right awful.
Who think giving every single boss in game permanent steel body is a good idea?
This made every single boss fight in game to be chip & dodge & repeat.
There is absolutely nothing interesting to do in a boss fight.
Boss Mystic Arts being non-threatening is not a plus either...
Have to admit, I'm not even that far yet (I assume, since I don't have the last two party members yet) but I've been setting the difficulty down to Story for boss fights just because they're too tedious otherwise.

Either let me break their iron stance in a hit or two like in Rays or don't have it regenerate after only like 3 seconds.

Speaking of, I wonder if, like Rays, some artes have massive bonuses to breaking iron stance...
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-13, 20:53   Link #62
cyberdemon

I had no problems till the second lord on normal difficulty. Without the combo encounters effect, it is too tedious to level up until the 3rd region. The first 2 regions didn’t give enough exp to allow me to dps one of his phases quickly enough. Burned way too many items just to survive.
Old 2021-09-19, 03:21   Link #63
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Have to admit, I'm not even that far yet (I assume, since I don't have the last two party members yet) but I've been setting the difficulty down to Story for boss fights just because they're too tedious otherwise.

Either let me break their iron stance in a hit or two like in Rays or don't have it regenerate after only like 3 seconds.

Speaking of, I wonder if, like Rays, some artes have massive bonuses to breaking iron stance...
Bosses (and also any regular enemies that were once bosses) just do not get comboed. You can make them stagger or flinch, but that's it. That's when knockdown Boost Attacks like Alphen's become valuable since it's a free damage window.

Breaking iron stance is dependent on your Attack and Penetrate stats vs their Defense and Resistance stats. If your Penetrate stat is high enough, you can at least make them flinch and will deal Criticals more often. If not, you're in for a long fight.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-03, 09:37   Link #64
Frontier

Tales of Arise is going to have a DLC collaboration with Sword Art Online, complete with a guest battle with Kirito and Asuna:

Old 2021-10-03, 10:48   Link #65
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Tales of Arise is going to have a DLC collaboration with Sword Art Online, complete with a guest battle with Kirito and Asuna:
So this is your move Bamco? After pay for cameo Artes, now its pay for cameo fight?
Looking forward to Idolmaster Cinderella Girls cameo fight or maybe God Eater series cameo fight.

Old 2021-10-03, 11:57   Link #66
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
So this is your move Bamco? After pay for cameo Artes, now its pay for cameo fight?
Looking forward to Idolmaster Cinderella Girls cameo fight or maybe God Eater series cameo fight.

To be honest I just find it kind of amazing that they actually brought in characters from another franchise to begin with. I guess it helped that Kirito's VA is in it in both dubs, but still .

Probably the closest thing to an SAO game getting dubbed .
Old 2021-10-03, 20:48   Link #67
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post

Paying for collabs with other franchises at least makes sense. There are licensing fees to pay.

There is no excuse paying for Tales cameos when they come from the same franchise.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-03, 23:53   Link #68
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I'm kind of surprised, but not in a bad way really. Plus it's a pretty harmless move. Can get these cameo fights, outfits, etc or just ignore it without much issue.

Definitely not surprised there's a cost to it. Getting SAO characters literally in the game is going to have costs to pay and the DLC costs are expected to make that worth it.

Will see if I feel like getting it. Just finished the main game. But there's always post-game stuff and/or a replay down the road.
Old 2021-10-04, 01:57   Link #69
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Is anybody else having an issue getting the DLC items to load up in the menu when you access the PlayStation store through the game? When I go to the PlayStation store directly all the Arise DLC shows up properly.
Old 2022-05-21, 20:12   Link #70
cyberdemon

A little joke for all you who finished the game lol

Spoiler for Joke with ending spoilers:

Spoiler for Answer:

Lol
Old 2022-05-29, 03:36   Link #71
Nymene

Last year I did finished playing Arise on PC. Dohalim and Kisara's all cool and well, but am very disappointed at the lame main antagonist.

Bring back antagonists like Artorius and Van Grants.
Nymene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-30, 05:20   Link #72
Jaden

Didn't get this initially, because the DLC seemed a little too much, and I heard from some reviewers that they made game systems annoyingly restrictive and grindy on purpose, in order to make me buy power. And that's just something I will never do.

Besides, there were other titles in the franchise still in my backlog, and tales games are pretty much all the same. Sure, the graphics have been modernized quite a bit for this one, but there's something to be said for the timeless aesthetics in Symphonia and Vesperia.

Anyway, playing it now, and very much enoying myself. The game doesn't actually seem all that grindy. And if I ever feel that way, I'm just going to use free cheats, developed by modders on the internet, to get whatever Bamco was trying to sell me. So it's not a problem.
Old 2022-11-03, 18:10   Link #73
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I played the game earlier this year with no DLCs and I had no trouble whatsoever. It's not grindy at all. This was my first Tales of, too.

Money was a bit of a problem at some point until I realized I could safely sell loot once I bought the newest weapon they were used for. Never had a problem after that.
Old 2022-11-04, 11:31   Link #74
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
When most people say its grindy, they usually mean the near the end of the game, especially the last dungeon; so many boss-level HP monsters there, and a bit of an enemy level spike too. Assuming they are playing on normal difficulty ofcourse

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-04, 12:54   Link #75
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
When most people say its grindy, they usually mean the near the end of the game, especially the last dungeon; so many boss-level HP monsters there, and a bit of an enemy level spike too. Assuming they are playing on normal difficulty ofcourse
I played on normal and I don't recall any sudden difficulty spike. Some enemies were a pain in the final dungeon (the really big ones that worked in pairs), it's usually better to just avoid them since it takes a while to beat them and they give little EXP.

I did all the side content so that probably helped. I think I even got the Platinum, which I don't bother doing with most games. Only thing I had to out of my way to do was fishing, but it was pretty fast with the rod you get from the training grounds and a guide for the lures.

Anyway, I didn't find it more grindy than any other JRPG. Personas or Yakuza: like a Dragon are a lot worse. I don't think DLCs negatively impacted the game in any way. Like, they sell you 100k Gald packs but you can get that much in like 30 minutes of farming or so if you know the spots. Same deal as DMC5, where they sold you red orbs which you could easily get in the game using a little trick.

Edit: one thing the game did badly was explain some of its key mechanics. You get tutorials for really basic stuff and none for others. I had no idea how to combine spells with Rinwell for the longest time.
Old 2022-11-04, 19:36   Link #76
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
In this particular case, it sounds like one of the following if not both:

1) Reviewers who don't know how to play the game are terrible at it so they feel like the only way to play is to overlevel/grind to insane degrees

2) Someone sees that Bandai is selling level/exp packs and assumes that means it's necessary as opposed to Bandai just deciding to offer it to bad and/or lazy players

Honestly, the only part of this game that I find to be truly, TRULY egregious is how they removed the standard iron stance/stagger system. It makes comboing and fighting (bosses in particular) obnoxious as hell, since instead of certain artes to break stance and then proper combo strings to keep it going, you have to use those cut-in techniques to break stance, and then depending on the enemy you have anywhere from half a second to 10 seconds to attack them, but it isn't... really a proper stance/stagger system.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-15, 06:29   Link #77
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Sequel DLC taking place a year after the ending of the game. More than 20 hours of content.
Old 2023-09-15, 09:09   Link #78
cyberdemon

Not surprising having a tales sequel dlc but was surprised I heard nothing of it beforehand

Spoiler for Ending:
Old 2023-09-15, 17:43   Link #79
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Definitely pleased to hear there’s more Arise coming. This was easily my favorite Tales game since Graces and Berseria. And as an avid buff of romance in my anime/manga/LNs/games,
Spoiler:
Old 2023-09-15, 19:18   Link #80
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Definitely pleased to hear there’s more Arise coming. This was easily my favorite Tales game since Graces and Berseria. And as an avid buff of romance in my anime/manga/LNs/games,
Spoiler:
Spoiler: