Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2023-02-23, 19:47   Link #21
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Well, looks like they changed a lot of things. Looks even more crazy than the original.
Perfectly fine. The game now feels like a major reimagining than just a simple remake. As long as the replayability remains then this is perfect.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-24, 18:03   Link #22
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Perfectly fine. The game now feels like a major reimagining than just a simple remake. As long as the replayability remains then this is perfect.
I wasn't trying to imply that was a bad thing. I'm glad Luis will stick around longer and that they're changing the narrative a bit to surprise us.
Old 2023-02-24, 19:58   Link #23
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

There's also a rather large potential spoiler in the new trailer...
Old 2023-02-27, 06:50   Link #24
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Even Mike is back. The strongest helicopter ever
Old 2023-02-27, 10:50   Link #25
zeross87

i don't feel they changed a lot of thing but rather how existing thing were presented. in each of the scene i could see were this is from and how it was on the original (appart for possessed ashley) but the presentation is different. like carlos being here and thing being more gory.

but each location and enconter shown is recognizable which is better than what they did with 3
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-27, 10:52   Link #26
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Seems Leon's cocky personality is also being removed to fit with the horror tone. Also, the chemistry he has Ashley seems more appealing especially with how the latter was changed.
Old 2023-02-27, 13:59   Link #27
Golden Lily

That will just make him boring. And RE was never strong in terms of scare elements anyway, unless you count jumpscares.

They already did it with Ada in RE2 Remake and I didn't like it.

That being said I'm still pretty hyped, really hope this will deliver especially in terms of gameplay.
Golden Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-28, 07:15   Link #28
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Shinji Mikami once said he regretted making Resident Evil 4 apparently due to the tone of the story as he rushed it. Already the idea of sending an American soldier to save the President's daughter sounds like that really old video game Bad Dudes.

Even Leon's actor said his character was basically Spiderman during Damnation and 6 as a result of the oneliners he had though I don't remember if Morikawa's Leon was the same.
Old 2023-03-09, 21:46   Link #29
Marina2

The demo is out.

I like the gameplay so far. I have to lower some graphic setting to reduce VRAM usage. (Many people seem to have issue with d3d error crash).

Spoiler for About demo:

I will buy it as soon as it releases.

Last edited by Marina2; 2023-03-09 at 22:14.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-10, 09:48   Link #30
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I'm surprised how stronger they made Leon considering his kick in the cutscene not only takes down the ganado but also send him towards a brick that breaks his neck.
Old 2023-03-10, 19:29   Link #31
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I really hope they're going to come out and state the PS5 demo has technical issues not present in the final game because it looks really bad. It seems to be running at a really low resolution (below 1080p I'd say) and some textures look like they're not really loading. It's a very major step down from RE2R and RE3R, particularly the latter which looked absolutely stunning.

I'm sure Digital Foundry will release a video shortly pointing all the problems out.

I'm aware a demo doesn't represent the final product but I need some extra reassurance.

As for the gameplay, it's not as smooth as I would have hoped. The aiming could use improvement, it's basically the same as in the previous remakes and that's ill-suited to the faster creatures you have to fight here. One weird thing I've noted is that there's an option to have R2 work as a counter button where you're not aiming but it's off by default.
Old 2023-03-11, 05:20   Link #32
Marina2

Well, look like there is a secret TMP in the demo

You can actually discard your inventory right before entering the double gate to village area and the well will still open.

After you clear the demo with said gun, next time your start the demo, TMP will be available in your inventory.
Old 2023-03-11, 22:06   Link #33
kiak666

Looks like someone has broken street date and is leaking the game. Apparently he has reached the castle.
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-11, 22:18   Link #34
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

And they're spamming it all over youtube apparently.
Old 2023-03-12, 15:00   Link #35
zeross87

the gameplay feel less fluid than the original. the aim is iffy, leg shot dont make the ennemy kneel, the knife beeing breakable make it much too valuable to actually use. leon also feel stiffier and the ganados quicker.

especially the breakable knife rub me off, as someone that cleared RE 0-4 with knife only i'm sad it wont be possible.
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-12, 21:52   Link #36
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeross87 View Post
the gameplay feel less fluid than the original. the aim is iffy, leg shot dont make the ennemy kneel, the knife beeing breakable make it much too valuable to actually use. leon also feel stiffier and the ganados quicker.

especially the breakable knife rub me off, as someone that cleared RE 0-4 with knife only i'm sad it wont be possible.
This seem to be the case where you are too used to the original RE4 movement and control after put hours into it. As someone who haven't touched original for years, I don't feel Leon movement and action 'heavy' or 'slow'. And enemies movement are not too fast for Leon speed. You can still shoot leg to make enemy kneel. It just less effective (or simply not work) on a broken neck ganado.

Knife isn't that easy to break for stabling. I think people will still come up with knife run within remade system. We seem to be able to carry many knifes and repair them. Don't forget about the upgrade too.

Last edited by Marina2; 2023-03-13 at 01:43.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-13, 07:21   Link #37
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

The demo seems to treat the narrative more seriously than the original game. It seems this Leon believes Ada is dead in contrast to vanilla Leon who already knew she was doing a work for Wesker.
Old 2023-03-13, 08:22   Link #38
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Considering that the original made you a stationary aiming turret every time you wanted to shoot, the ability to move while shooting naturally makes the controls feel so much more different. Moving and shooting of course is a major shift in gameplay that drastically changes encounters as well.

Also the over the shoulder 3rd person view is much farther back than the original to compensate for the motion.

The knife is also labeled as the same knife he used back in RE2R given by Marvin so it's highly probable that the knife is infinitely repairable assuming you don't throw it away.
Old 2023-03-15, 08:45   Link #39
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Sorry for sounding like a broken record but if Capcom changes anything in the remake I want it to be the "relationship" Leon and Ada have. I liked seeing them for the first time in 4, but by the time of Damnation and 6 it was almost a joke.

I never played RE2 vanilla and instead the remake so I don't know if they were better written there.
Old 2023-03-15, 19:18   Link #40
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Story has never been RE's strong suit, so I wouldn't expect much.