AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2023-03-17, 03:52   Link #41
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Review embargo is out.

Sitting at 93-94 on Metacritic on all platforms.

Man this is going to be one hell of a week wait.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-17, 11:04   Link #42
zeross87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
This seem to be the case where you are too used to the original RE4 movement and control after put hours into it. As someone who haven't touched original for years, I don't feel Leon movement and action 'heavy' or 'slow'. And enemies movement are not too fast for Leon speed. You can still shoot leg to make enemy kneel. It just less effective (or simply not work) on a broken neck ganado.

Knife isn't that easy to break for stabling. I think people will still come up with knife run within remade system. We seem to be able to carry many knifes and repair them. Don't forget about the upgrade too.
i played it again but on PC this time instead of xbox and i enjoyed it more. the controls feel better with a mouse to aim and graphisms where not weird like the console demo is. i still don't like the breakable knife but you're right that if you use it only to finish them off it's not that bad.

as a console game i still feel the original felt better, but on PC it's fine.
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-20, 03:41   Link #43
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Somehow came out from my YT recommendations.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-21, 09:23   Link #44
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This cross-over is genius. I'd watch an entire RE anime like that.
Old 2023-03-21, 22:50   Link #45
Marina2

Wait, it is actually a series??

YouTube
Old 2023-03-22, 07:49   Link #46
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'd say there is going to be one more episode, since after that is release day. That episode was even more hilarious than the first.
Old 2023-03-22, 22:27   Link #47
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

YouTube

Last episode maybe before the release.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-22, 22:52   Link #48
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'm surprised that the PC preload isn't up yet. PS5 and XBOX preload has been up a few days already.
Old 2023-03-24, 02:19   Link #49
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

So like the game still has some issues with VRAM errors when running RT, but otherwise runs like a dream as is expected of a REngine game.

I have to say the AI in this game is pretty good. I've had enemies knowing how to better dodge and sway away from shots and have also encountered at least one of those now-famous fake outs on tossing axes.
Old 2023-03-24, 14:01   Link #50
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Played a couple hours, I had zero issue completing the demo on my first try but for some reason I died like five times in the actual game
I'd say the controls are really good because I've already got aiming down pat. I need to work on parrying though, don't have the reflex yet. On chapter 3 now.

I disabled chromatic aberration and depth of field in the options since DF recommended it and it does make the game look a lot better on PS5. Can't say I have an issue with the graphics now, looks really good. I wouldn't say it looks beautiful but that's down to the artistic direction, the village and the woods are meant to look "dirty" and dreary. It's not a technical problem.

I haven't played the original since 2005 so I can't say how it compares to it given how little I remember.
Old 2023-03-25, 20:15   Link #51
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Switched to Blacktail from Red9. In as much as I love that gun I find myself having a lot more inventory issues in this game compared omto before, I assume due to the addition of crafting.

And speaking of crafting, despite the ability to male ammo on the fly I also found myself having much bigger ammo constraints here than the original which makes for some really tense areas. Multiple times found myself with barely any ammo left in some places.
Old 2023-03-26, 01:08   Link #52
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Switched to Blacktail from Red9. In as much as I love that gun I find myself having a lot more inventory issues in this game compared omto before, I assume due to the addition of crafting.

And speaking of crafting, despite the ability to male ammo on the fly I also found myself having much bigger ammo constraints here than the original which makes for some really tense areas. Multiple times found myself with barely any ammo left in some places.
Yeah, I almost never have more than 1 stack of each ammo type. You really need to think which ammo type you want to craft.
Old 2023-03-26, 11:55   Link #53
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I can't say I'm having any problems with ammo. Green herbs, on the other hand, seem to avoid me. I spent hours with two yellow herbs in my inventory which I couldn't use because you need to mix them with green ones. I survived on vipers and eggs.
Old 2023-03-27, 01:47   Link #54
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

TIL I learned you can skip the Village fight if you shoot the bell successfully.

Goddammit CAPCOM.
Old 2023-03-28, 08:02   Link #55
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
TIL I learned you can skip the Village fight if you shoot the bell successfully.

Goddammit CAPCOM.
That's pretty neat, but who would want to skip that fight?

And I spoke too soon, I'm pretty much all out of ammo after the boss fight in chapter 10. On the other hand, I'm finding a lot more herbs now.

I wonder how many playthroughs it takes to max out the weapons because the merchant is not cheap.
Old 2023-03-28, 10:56   Link #56
Sides

Just finished it yesterday. It is a good reimagine/retelling of RE4. However I missed the over the top 90/00 action and cheesiness. Basically this version a story set in 1999 but retold with social acceptable values and knowhow of today.
But darn capcom...bonus games are all DLC!?!
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-28, 11:49   Link #57
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Does the game have Ada's side of the story like how the PS2 port added her story? I keep hearing Wesker appears in the game
Old 2023-03-28, 11:56   Link #58
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Does the game have Ada's side of the story like how the PS2 port added her story? I keep hearing Wesker appears in the game
No, it doesn't have assignment ada, from the cube version, nor separate ways, from the ps2. Apparently separate ways and mercenaries (7/APR) are upcoming dlcs.
Well, if ada is in the game, wesker has to be in it as well. It is the same story, just packaged differently.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-29, 12:52   Link #59
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Just finished it yesterday. It is a good reimagine/retelling of RE4. However I missed the over the top 90/00 action and cheesiness. Basically this version a story set in 1999 but retold with social acceptable values and knowhow of today.
But darn capcom...bonus games are all DLC!?!
Mercenaries is confirmed free DLC for...April 9th, I think? No news on Separate Ways yet.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-29, 18:43   Link #60
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Data mining found entries for Ada's stuff, so it'll come eventually.