AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Favourite Code Geass Characters Poll (Multiple Choice!)
Lelouch Lamperouge / Zero 971 67.43%
Suzaku Kururugi 230 15.97%
C.C. 835 57.99%
Karen Stadtfeld 550 38.19%
Nunally Lamperouge 167 11.60%
Shirley Fenete 215 14.93%
Milly Ashford 175 12.15%
Rivalz Cardemonde 44 3.06%
Nina Einstein 26 1.81%
Lloyd Asplund 216 15.00%
Cecile Croomy 108 7.50%
Cornelia Li Brittania 195 13.54%
Euphemia Li Brittania 216 15.00%
Jeremiah Gottwald 125 8.68%
Viletta Nui 104 7.22%
Diethard Lied 75 5.21%
Shinichirou Tamaki 22 1.53%
Sayoko 74 5.14%
Kyoushirou Toudou 62 4.31%
Clovis La Britannia 38 2.64%
The Emperor 54 3.75%
Authur (the cat) 165 11.46%
Kaname Ougi 41 2.85%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1440. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-02-25, 21:59   Link #221
KrimzonStriker

Magic powers, giant mech's, and immortal green women aside
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 22:43   Link #222
cajunman380

When he loses someone he loves all he thinks about is revenge, throwing out all his previous ideals and beliefs.

I am sorry. While i agree with all the other points, I have to say something about this. As another poster mentioned, what would Leouch do if he were in Suzakus shoes. If Nunally died and he knew who did it? He would act the same way woudnt he?. I don't hate Suzaku for this fact. This is one instance where i approve of his action because its very human to do. Besides, his dream is essentially dead when that shit went down in 22. What exactly did people expect him to do? act like nothing happened?. The japanese will no longer trust him and all hes done is essentially gone. To top it all off, he had to hear the truth from someone other than his best friend and his best friend even lied to him to his face about it and basically says something along the line "your important person is dead deal with it now help me save mine!" heck I would have shot him right then and there. I am sorry but As of 22 I no longer like Leouch and I doubt anything he does in the future will make me change my mind (I still find 22 and 23 disturbing). I sincerely hope his past actions cause him agony in the future to a great extent. Suzaku's fate, sadly, is sealed and all I want from him is to be able to have his revenge. After that he can die or whatever because his dream is essentially gone

I know Lelouch doesn't condemn Suzaku for being angry, for wanting to kill him for taking Euphie and that he could understand his friend's pain, which was evidenced by their phone conversation at the end of episode 23. I truth, Lelouch decided that he would just play the game and see who emerged victorious, and in some ways, had Nunnaly not been kidnapped I wonder if Lelouch might have let Suzaku kill him in the end...

I agree but in this way Leouch is basically creating a greater monster in the grand scheme of things and anything Suzaku does in the future may as well be on Leouchs head. Plus what will Nunally say. I doubt theres anything she could say to Suzaku to make him not want to kill Leouch. This whole thing reminds me of GSD and thats what irritates me the most.
cajunman380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 22:47   Link #223
KrimzonStriker

I know Lelouch doesn't condemn Suzaku for being angry, for wanting to kill him for taking Euphie and that he could understand his friend's pain, which was evidenced by their phone conversation at the end of episode 23. I truth, Lelouch decided that he would just play the game and see who emerged victorious, and in some ways, had Nunnaly not been kidnapped I wonder if Lelouch might have let Suzaku kill him in the end...
Old 2008-02-25, 22:52   Link #224
BlackOni

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunman380 View Post
When he loses someone he loves all he thinks about is revenge, throwing out all his previous ideals and beliefs.

I am sorry. While i agree with all the other points, I have to say something about this. As another poster mentioned, what would Leouch do if he were in Suzakus shoes. If Nunally died and he knew who did it? He would act the same way woudnt he?. I don't hate Suzaku for this fact. This is one instance where i approve of his action because its very human to do. Besides, his dream is essentially dead when that shit went down in 22. What exactly did people expect him to do? act like nothing happened?. The japanese will no longer trust him and all hes done is essentially gone. To top it all off, he had to hear the truth from someone other than his best friend and his best friend even lied to him to his face about it and basically says something along the line "your important person is dead deal with it now help me save mine!" heck I would have shot him right then and there. I am sorry but As of 22 I no longer like Leouch and I doubt anything he does in the future will make me change my mind (I still find 22 and 23 disturbing). I sincerely hope his past actions cause him agony in the future to a great extent. Suzaku's fate, sadly, is sealed and all I want from him is to be able to have his revenge. After that he can die or whatever because his dream is essentially gone

I'm not saying Lelouch wouldn't, after all it's not agianst Lelouch's beliefs. I just don't like the fact that after all his talk of helping innocents and saving lives / not killing and such when he kills them anyways, it took one of the people he cared for's death to think oh crap, mabye I was wrong. I think i'll go the zero aproach after all. and with how they discribe him in r2 he looks even more like a zero clone. Although I did hate suzaku before this and Argued agianst his point of view fequently. This one act is the reason he's my most hated character.

i'm all for hypocrites and madman, but only if the fallow there beliefs to the end, to me suzaku just seem weak in mind and sprite, and the only reason he suvived so far is he incredable strenght and his best friend/ worst enimy forceing him to. and althoug i agree lelouch made a bad choice to ask for his help at that moment, you have to remeber he isn't exactly in his right mind at the time.

Last edited by BlackOni; 2008-02-25 at 22:57. Reason: major typos
BlackOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 23:00   Link #225
cajunman380

i'm not saying Lelouch wouldn't, after all it's not agianst Lelouches beliefs. i jus don't like the fact that after all he talk of helpin inocents and saveing live/ not killing and such when he kill them anyways, it took one of the people he cared for to think oh crap, mabye i was wrong. i think i'll go zero aproach after all. and with how they discribe him in r2 he looks even more like a zeor clone. although i did hate suzaku before this and srgued agianst his pont fequently. this one act in the reason he's my most hated carater.

i'm all for hypocrites and madman, but only if the fallow there beliefs to the end, to me suzaku just seem weak in mind and sprite, and the only reason he suvived so far is he incredable strenght and his best friend/ worst enimy forceing him to. and althoug i agree lelouch made a bad choice to ask for his help at that moment, you have to remeber he isn't exactly in his right mind at the time.

It took one person who was forced to murder people against her will and the destruction of everything he tried to do to make him change. There was no way he could undo the damage Zero did and again Leouch would act the same way if it was Nunally. There is only so much that a human being can take and this was it for Suzaku so i cant hate his character for that particular reason.

As for not being in the right mind? That isn't really an excuse since he was just asking to be shot. He could have come clean. What he did basically guaranteed the end of their friendship and the comments that were to follow. Again After that episode I dont like Leouch and I doubt I will find his character appealing in the future. Suzaku like I said, his fate is apparently sealed so theres not much I can say regarding him. The mans dreams are gone and all he has left is vengeance.

BTW this line m all for hypocrites and madman, but only if the fallow there beliefs to the end, is sort of a contradiction since most Hypocrites dont tend to follow their beliefs to the end and most madmen wind up going insane. Just my opinion on this.
Old 2008-02-25, 23:02   Link #226
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOni View Post
I'm all for hypocrites and madman, but only if the fallow there beliefs to the end, to me suzaku just seem weak in mind and sprite, and the only reason he suvived so far is he incredable strenght and his best friend/ worst enimy forceing him to. and althoug i agree lelouch made a bad choice to ask for his help at that moment, you have to remeber he isn't exactly in his right mind at the time.
The only way to your dream is over the corpses of those who stand in your way. The world cannot be changed by pretty words alone.

Well, that's all Suzaku has left as a character anyway: his continued existence is only justified so long as he kills, and kills, and kills. That is the only path left open to him.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 23:04   Link #227
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
As for not being in the right mind? That isn't really an excuse since he was just asking to be shot. He could have come clean. What he did basically guaranteed the end of their friendship and the comments that were to follow. Again After that episode I dont like Leouch and I doubt I will find his character appealing in the future. Suzaku like I said, his fate is apparently sealed so theres not much I can say regarding him. The mans dreams are gone and all he has left is vengeance.

Suzaku destroyed their friendship, not Lelouch even if he was responsible for it, when he offered him one last chance to work together and save Nunnally. Lelouch also doesn't offer excuses to anyone, not even to himself, so it's not like he'd blame it on an accident because really, he probably blames himself more than anyone for what happened to Euphie...
Old 2008-02-25, 23:10   Link #228
BlackOni

it is my personal belief that dreams never truly die untill you do. which is why I respected Suzaku even though I didn't agree with him untill that moment (and the one were we find out he killed his father).
And I already explain that I don't care if Lelouch would do the same thing. but every time I think of suzaku going crazy I think of how he kill his father and how many japanese would try to murder him if they knew the truth. yet he still gets to act all high and mighty as if Lelouch is the only problem and he's done nothing wrong.

well thats bull as far as i'm conserend.

I like lelouch cuase at least he's honest with himself

I hate suzaku cause he hasen't been honest with anyone since the begining includeing himself.
Old 2008-02-25, 23:11   Link #229
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Quote:

I will agree with most of this except for the part about what Lelouch says to Suzaku, because by this point it doesn't matter what Lelouch would have said to Suzaku he was still going to shoot him. There was nothing Lelouch could do to stop it after the "accident" happened. What Lelouch said to Suzaku might have been harsh, but it still was the truth. It was in the past, Lelouch was regretting it, and Nunnally was in danger, but Suzaku was right about Lelouch being naive there was no way Suzaku was going to lift a finger to help him at this point. Lelouch should have known as soon as he pulled the trigger on Euphie right in front of Suzaku, their friendship was over.

As for the agony part the director has already stated that Suzaku will be put into some type of hell. I guess having your girlfriend shot in front of you, and then watching her fade away isn't enough for a hypocrite.
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 23:11   Link #230
cajunman380

Suzaku destroyed their friendship, not Lelouch even if he was responsible for it, when he offered him one last chance to work together and save Nunnally. Lelouch also doesn't offer excuses to anyone, not even to himself, so it's not like he'd blame it on an accident because really, he probably blames himself more than anyone for what happened to Euphie...

Leouch destroyed their friendship. He lied to him and Killed someone he cared about and even tried to lie to him to his face about it after Suzaku found out the truth. He even acted as though she didnt matter and asked for his help. Do you honestly think anyone who went through that would want to still be friends with someone afterward? I would have shot him point blank myself.

Leouch was responsible for the massacre, he intended to geass her prior to it and he just happened to say the single most idiotic thing in the history of anime and got a different result. he thew the excuse clause away when he publicly blamed it on Euphie so he may as well intentionally did it

I will agree with most of this except for the part about what Lelouch says to Suzaku, because by this point it doesn't matter what Lelouch would have said to Suzaku he was still going to shoot him. There was nothing Lelouch could do to stop it after the "accident" happened. What Lelouch said to Suzaku might have been harsh, but it still was the truth. It was in the past, Lelouch was regretting it, and Nunnally was in danger, but Suzaku was right about Lelouch being naive there was no way Suzaku was going to lift a finger to help him at this point. Lelouch should have known as soon as he pulled the trigger on Euphie right in front of Suzaku, their friendship was over.

I agree but It would have scored Leouch a few points with me if he tried even though its pointless. This prettly much guaranteed that Suzaku will be at his throat to the bitter end
Old 2008-02-25, 23:14   Link #231
KrimzonStriker

And what would you have done in his place? Confess? Destroy the hopes and dreams of freedom everyone had placed upon his shoulders? Get yourself killed when you know it would have changed absolutely nothing in absolving your sin? Anyone could see that after Euphie went on a rampage, there was only one choice, to go forward!
Old 2008-02-25, 23:16   Link #232
cajunman380

And what would you have done in his place? Confess? Destroy the hopes and dreams of freedom everyone had placed upon his shoulders? Get yourself killed when you know it would have changed absolutely nothing in absolving your sin? Anyone could see that after Euphie went on a rampage, there was only one choice, to go forward!

How about not say that retarded Line that caused the incident?
Old 2008-02-25, 23:16   Link #233
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Leouch destroyed their friendship. He lied to him and Killed someone he cared about and even tried to lie to him to his face about it after Suzaku found out the truth. He even acted as though she didnt matter and asked for his help. Did you not read the above paragraphs? Do you honestly think anyone who went through that would want to still be friends with someone afterward? I would have shot him point blank myself.

Leouch was responsible for the massacre, he intended to geass her prior to it and he just happened to say the single most idiotic thing in the history of anime and got a different result. he thew the excuse clause away when he publicly blamed it on Euphie so he may as well intentionally did it
Is there anything else that would have given Euphie's death meaning?

And Lelouch was the one who destroyed the friendship with Suzaku, there's no denying that, but that doesn't let Suzaku off completely. He crossed the line the second he threatened to take Nunnally, and that was the second Lelouch stopped thinking of Suzaku as a friend, even if he already knew full well their friendship was over before then. Though hey, I'd be crazy and vengeful too if I was Suzaku, so of course he sank to the same level as Lelouch (in a way he may have gone even lower) and ruined his end of the friendship.
Old 2008-02-25, 23:17   Link #234
BlackOni

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
"those who dwel on the past get left behind" one of my favorite quotes, i just can't remeber were it's from.
Old 2008-02-25, 23:20   Link #235
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Yeah I can see that conversation going over real well.

Suzaku: Before that you should have joined up with Euphie.

Lelouch: Oops, ah man that was an accident, you see the supernatural Geass ability suddenly became permanent as I joked about killing all the japanese people. So....yeah friends again?
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 23:20   Link #236
cajunman380

Is there anything else that would have given Euphie's death meaning?

And Lelouch was the one who destroyed the friendship with Suzaku, but that doesn't let Suzaku off completely. He crossed the line the second he threatened to take Nunnally, and that was the second Lelouch stopped thinking of Suzaku as a friend, even if already knew full well their friendship was over. Though hey, I'd be crazy and vengeful too if I was Suzaku, it's just that he sunk to the same level as Lelouch (in a way he may have sunk even lower) and ruined his end of the friendship.

Considering Leouch killed someone important to Suzaku, I say all bets are off. Leouch crossed the line when he killed Euphie and he should have seen this coming when he gave the ok for Suzaku to extract his revenge on him.

"those who dwel on the past get left behind" one of my favorite quotes, i just can't remeber were it's from.
Ironically it applies to both Leouch and Suzaku. But then again whats the point of the quote?
Old 2008-02-25, 23:24   Link #237
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I think he was just surprised that Suzaku put his revenge even over Nunnally. Lelouch was also in a sort of panic mode at that point. He knew full well that Suzaku was coming for him, but he simply didn't think that Suzaku would go that far. There is also the fact that Suzaku sort of said to Lelouch the same thing his father told him.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 23:25   Link #238
BlackOni

Quote:
Considering Leouch killed someone important to Suzaku, I say all bets are off. Leouch crossed the line when he killed Euphie and he should have seen this coming when he gave the ok for Suzaku to extract his revenge on him.

Ironically it applies to both Leouch and Suzaku. But then again whats the point of the quote?
nothing realy just comenting on krimzonstrickers remark with a simaler quote that actually have meaning in code geass as both lelouche and c.c. have stated in previous episodes

Last edited by BlackOni; 2008-02-25 at 23:36.
Old 2008-02-25, 23:29   Link #239
cajunman380

oh ok, very interesting.

Ok guys look I am already heading off topic with this as this si the favorite characters poll. I just wanted to express my viewpoint on this particular aspect of Suzakus character. For the record as I said I dont like Leouch and I hold a similar candle to Suzaku though the revenge aspect he has puts him a tad higher (just a tad) I already know Suzakus fate. I can only hope something similar befalls leouch. Thank you all for your opinions as they are very diverse and well written. Till season 2 I bid you all goodnight!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2008-02-25, 23:30   Link #240
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Which is why Lelouch didn't pull a gun on Suzaku until the end. He was fine with Suzaku coming at him. But again, Lelouch is only okay with Suzaku trying to punish him for what happed. Having Nunnally suffer consequences by being reabsorbed into the life of Britannian politics was a complete and total trangression in Lelouch's mind.

Tags
characters, favorite