AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-07-27, 21:07   Link #30301
Providenceangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Hehe I ordered one just a couple of days ago, just waiting on them to ship!

I didn't actually plan on buying it, I was getting a couple of them Idolm@ster planes and then the thought of the GP01 crossed my mind so I went to see if I could get one and just decided "what the hell gonna get me my first RG!"

Now saving for a Hasegawa Osprey which I might also get me some AGe kits as well.
Been meaning to get a AGe-1 and EXEs for some time.
You sir are a boss! If you're going to get one ever, it should be the sexiest one.

Oh.. By the way One Punch man is awesome. I regret reading it to the latest chapter... Just makes me wanna read it more.

I think I'm nuts... I'm going to totally ruin the cockpit on the mg wing, so I can recreate the famous opening scene, from Gundam Wing...

Little bit further along now:

Almost there http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC0ryW5oM1w

Last edited by Providenceangle; 2013-07-28 at 11:46.
Providenceangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 13:17   Link #30302
Appel

Welp, I gave in today and ordered the RG GP01 FB from HLJ :P They got it back in stock today and when I saw it I just couldn't resist anymore.
I am very curious how far the RG has come. The last and only RG I bought so far was the RX-78-2!
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 14:55   Link #30303
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
Welp, I gave in today and ordered the RG GP01 FB from HLJ :P They got it back in stock today and when I saw it I just couldn't resist anymore.
I am very curious how far the RG has come. The last and only RG I bought so far was the RX-78-2!
They improved a lot since the handgranade that was RG RX 78-2. The Strike was a big improvement,and the MK II is pretty much perfect
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 15:41   Link #30304
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
They improved a lot since the handgranade that was RG RX 78-2. The Strike was a big improvement,and the MK II is pretty much perfect
I actually wanted to pick up the Titans version of the MK II when I was in Japan but it was sold out everywhere on day 1^^
But it's good to know that they have improved so much! The first one really was extremely flimsy.
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 16:16   Link #30305
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
I actually wanted to pick up the Titans version of the MK II when I was in Japan but it was sold out everywhere on day 1^^
But it's good to know that they have improved so much! The first one really was extremely flimsy.
I think thats an understatement I touch mine just a little and something falls off. The feet are especially bad on mine.
Old 2013-07-28, 16:18   Link #30306
Providenceangle

I never wanna do this ever again... I got it done though

Yeah seriously on the flimsy RX78, but the MG wing is on a another level... Parts fall off this thing when you look at it.
Old 2013-07-28, 16:32   Link #30307
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Providenceangle View Post
I never wanna do this ever again... I got it done though

Yeah seriously on the flimsy RX78, but the MG wing is on a another level... Parts fall off this thing when you look at it.
What parts? O.o Mines perfectly fine, only the white pieces of the right arm popped off, but I glued them in place a long time ago
Old 2013-07-28, 17:03   Link #30308
Providenceangle

Quote:
What parts? O.o Mines perfectly fine, only the white pieces of the right arm popped off, but I glued them in place a long time ago
Front skirts, arm parts, upper arm parts, knee parts....
Old 2013-07-28, 17:18   Link #30309
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Front skirts, arm parts, upper arm parts, knee parts....
Sorry to hear that
Old 2013-07-28, 17:19   Link #30310
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
They improved a lot since the handgranade that was RG RX 78-2.
Judging from bad words-of-mouth from various modellers as well as casual collectors, yeah, I think I’ll never buy RG RX-78-2. It seem the MG RX-78-2 OYW 0079 version that I have is the perfect one for me both aesthetically and technically (so far).

Quote:
Yeah seriously on the flimsy RX78, but the MG wing is on a another level... Parts fall off this thing when you look at it (Front skirts, arm parts, upper arm parts, knee parts.....)
Wow, really? It seems you need to rebuild that kit with some help from glue .
Old 2013-07-28, 18:26   Link #30311
Providenceangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Judging from bad words-of-mouth from various modellers as well as casual collectors, yeah, I think I’ll never buy RG RX-78-2. It seem the MG RX-78-2 OYW 0079 version that I have is the perfect one for me both aesthetically and technically (so far).

Wow, really? It seems you need to rebuild that kit with some help from glue .
Yep. Of course now the cockpit hatch needs to be glued for me too lol. Of course it was worth it to get the led in the chest.

Oh one more thing Obelisk. Most of my HG kits, that I will led mods later, will require custom made head pieces. I'll have to cast them in clear resin to get the eye parts clear. Like HGUC Nu gundam or Hi Nu gundam.

Last edited by Providenceangle; 2013-07-28 at 18:52.
Old 2013-07-29, 08:45   Link #30312
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
preordered the MG 1....
HG is nice also

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 10:46   Link #30313
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Good to see someone else is liking the Age-2 Normal SP Ver. I also pre-ordered the MG version from GG Infinite. =D

I can't wait to get it!
suiton629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 11:25   Link #30314
Providenceangle

Someone is secretly a whore for GG...
Old 2013-07-29, 12:45   Link #30315
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Someone is secretly a whore for GG...
Because I buy some stuff from GG? Then you can call anyone who buys anything a "whore" for buying things at any store.

Amazon Whore
eBay Whore
GG Infinite Whore
HobbyLink Japan Whore
...etc

I got the Age-2 Normal SP Forces MG from GG Infinite because that's an online exclusive and I don't want to deal with customs or Japanese/Hong Kong/China based businesses because of the customs stuff as well as the longer wait time.
Old 2013-07-29, 14:22   Link #30316
Providenceangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
Because I buy some stuff from GG? Then you can call anyone who buys anything a "whore" for buying things at any store.

Amazon Whore
eBay Whore
GG Infinite Whore
HobbyLink Japan Whore
...etc

I got the Age-2 Normal SP Forces MG from GG Infinite because that's an online exclusive and I don't want to deal with customs or Japanese/Hong Kong/China based businesses because of the customs stuff as well as the longer wait time.
If you make a point of it to always mention them? Yes I would consider that whoring for anything. Especially when every post, you do put up... Seems to be some kind of product listing for their site.

Should I get

xxxx
xxx
xxx
xxx
xxxx
xxxx

xxxx
xxx

I just got xxxx, from GG Infinite.

Sorry but posts like those, look like someone advertising. Or spam.
Old 2013-07-29, 14:25   Link #30317
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
If you make a point of it to always mention them? Yes I would consider that whoring for anything. Especially when every post, you do put up... Seems to be some kind of product listing for their site.

Should I get

xxxx
xxx
xxx
xxx
xxxx
xxxx

xxxx
xxx

I just got xxxx, from GG Infinite.

Sorry but posts like those, look like someone advertising. Or spam.
Think what you want. I buy from those that have the things that I want and fall into my preference in shopping.

I don't only shop at GG to be quite honest. I go to other places like eBay, Amazon, Gundam Planet, etc.

Anyway, has there been anything in regards to the MG Age-3 and the MG Age-FX? It's been quite some time since we hear anything from them.

Also, what are your thoughts on the MG Wing Gundam Proto Zero? I know that it's basically the TV version with Katoki designed mixed into it like the Tallgeese EW and the Epyon EW. I think they should try something like that for the Wing Gundam as well.

Or they might as well do an actual remaster/remake for the Wing EW and Wing Zero EW since the ones we have now are inexcusably old; especially comparing to the other EW MG's that are actually a new mold.
Old 2013-07-29, 15:05   Link #30318
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
preordered the MG 1....
HG is nice also

Spoiler:
What base is that? And where to get? How much?

Quote:
Anyway, has there been anything in regards to the MG Age-3 and the MG Age-FX? It's been quite some time since we hear anything from them.

Also, what are your thoughts on the MG Wing Gundam Proto Zero? I know that it's basically the TV version with Katoki designed mixed into it like the Tallgeese EW and the Epyon EW. I think they should try something like that for the Wing Gundam as well.

Or they might as well do an actual remaster/remake for the Wing EW and Wing Zero EW since the ones we have now are inexcusably old; especially comparing to the other EW MG's that are actually a new mold.
1. No news, I have a feeling we wont be seeing them till next year, or very late this year at the least

2. Wing Gundam already have an EW version, no point making another at all aside from confusing more ppl who are not familiar with how the EW designs work. The point of the Proto Zero is that its the blueprint design from the 5 scientists, and the version Quatre will make and use prior to Heero's obtainment and redesign of it

3. Those kits still hold their own to this day, their main problem is holding their BR's, thats about it, no need for 2.0s yet, and Im quite sure you would agree with the fact that the unreleased EW kits take priority over a 2.0 of the Wing and Wing Zero EW's
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 15:14   Link #30319
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
What base is that? And where to get? How much?

1. No news, I have a feeling we wont be seeing them till next year, or very late this year at the least

2. Wing Gundam already have an EW version, no point making another at all aside from confusing more ppl who are not familiar with how the EW designs work. The point of the Proto Zero is that its the blueprint design from the 5 scientists, and the version Quatre will make and use prior to Heero's obtainment and redesign of it

3. Those kits still hold their own to this day, their main problem is holding their BR's, thats about it, no need for 2.0s yet, and Im quite sure you would agree with the fact that the unreleased EW kits take priority over a 2.0 of the Wing and Wing Zero EW's
I guess it's logical to say that Bandai would put more priority on releasing the other EW kits (Tallgeese 3, Nataku, Heavyarms Custom, Sandrock Custom) than to do a new Wing EW and Wing Zero EW.

But the fact that the design/frame of it is something that came out in 2004 would make it about 9 years old now. With Frozen Teardrop and Glory of the Losers, I think it's a good time to release a new version of those 2 and label them as like Manga Ver, RM Ver., or something like that.

On top of that, the Gundam Wing TV series is getting a BluRay Remastered release.

I think it's a good time than any other for Bandai to pump out the rest of the EW Wing kits as well as a totally updated Wing EW and Wing Zero EW.

Problems I have with them:

a. backpack
-- ratcheted polycap on wing ew gets loose easily and then the wings just flop around
-- angel wing pieces fall off easily and the connection sucks

b. hands
-- can't hold buster rifle
-- uses the super old school MG hands (no pegs, no finger swapping)

c. barely any inner frame

These 2, let's be honest, would be epic if they got a release that would match at least the other actual EW kits.
Old 2013-07-29, 16:35   Link #30320
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
On top of that, the Gundam Wing TV series is getting a BluRay Remastered release.

I think it's a good time than any other for Bandai to pump out the rest of the EW Wing kits as well as a totally updated Wing EW and Wing Zero EW.

Don’t you understand marketing? If the one getting the Blu-ray is Wing TV series, then the logical thing to do for Bandai is to make the kits for the rest of the TV Gundams & other TV MSs to help promote the Blu-ray and vice-versa. Why would they want to make EW kits which is unrelated to the Wing TV release? They can save that for when Endless Waltz got released in Remastered Blu-ray. They did the same with SEED & Destiny Remaster. They didn’t release Destiny’s RGs when they still promoting SEED Remaster.

Quote:
b. hands
-- can't hold buster rifle
Mine can hold it pretty damn well with no glue or any other assistance. Just try not to be lazy and fiddle with the kit a little.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2013-07-29 at 16:48.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy