Old 2007-10-06, 16:01   Link #2641
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armandhas View Post
can u blame us for that?
when i watch a serie its like im living it, sounds weird i know but that doesn't matter, and when the series just STOPS in de middle when there are SO MANY THINKGS that aren't taking care of, i feel like im missing something and that feeling won't go away sadly.

Besides my personal feeling about an open ending,
why would u create a story make 10 villains and have only killed 5 at the end of ur story. might as weel make 5 villains prolong ur story a bit and make sure its closed in an appropriate way

Sorry if my english is bad :S im trying the best i can to make it understandable
Oh i understand but this "feeling" for open endedness is different for different series in my opinion. The are some series that just demands for a closure and others where i feel can be more lax. This is one of those cases where im actually not that bothered about the end being open ended seen as there wasnt a solid plot to follow in the first place. There isnt a set "goal" the characters have to reach and like you say if there is 10 bosses then why cant there be 20? there isnt a set amount of challenges the characters have to go through and so i dont feel that it needs to end quickly.

unlike romance series where we can see a goal (which is ultimatly the ending pair) - a series of this nature can be spreaded out for a bit longer.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 00:09   Link #2642
bdragonomega

Oh man, I surely hope there's a season two! His resolve is more absolute but things just got interesting. The story was enclosed in this small place and after burnheart and lapis showed up, it seemed to have expanded everything.

Spoiler for Last words:

Season 2!! *crosses fingers*
bdragonomega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 05:15   Link #2643
tbl
Affably Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdragonomega View Post
Oh man, I surely hope there's a season two! His resolve is more absolute but things just got interesting. The story was enclosed in this small place and after burnheart and lapis showed up, it seemed to have expanded everything.

Spoiler for Last words:

Season 2!! *crosses fingers*
Spoiler for Last words:
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

tbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-13, 16:13   Link #2644
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

do anyone have a larger resolution for this image please? i want one where i can also see Ayano's sword as well. Thanks!!!

Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-13, 16:21   Link #2645
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Hmmm... i like the show... character interaction is probably the best facet of this anime. I do hope they would do a season 2 though, that would depend how successful this show was in Japan.

Sword fight between Tsuo Rin and Ayano was delightfully well done after all the mediocre action sequence.

And evil Kazuma is quite fantastic....
Old 2007-10-14, 12:47   Link #2646
Susanou
.Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikimori Kazuki View Post
do anyone have a larger resolution for this image please? i want one where i can also see Ayano's sword as well. Thanks!!!

Looking for this by any chance? (click thumbnail to enlarge)
Susanou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 17:10   Link #2647
lijon

the anime is really like a combination of claymore and shakugan no shana ._.
lijon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 18:26   Link #2648
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Agree a second season would be great to have if it comes down the road. Of course does depend on the author of the novels getting healthy and writing again since it's hard to have another season without material. Unless whoever did the second season decided to wing it. Am curious how the series was appreciated in Japan. Long as they don't mind the lack of budget for action sequences .

Think the series had an interesting mix. Have magical abilities with the elements, contracts with spirit lords for incredible power, modern setting, and especially in the novel a protagonist that doesn't hold back on doing what he feels like.
Old 2007-10-14, 22:54   Link #2649
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanou View Post

Looking for this by any chance? (click thumbnail to enlarge)
yup, thats the one ^^, but do you have a higher-resolution by any chance? i want it as my desktop background, but its blurry if i put it on ><.

but, i'll take it anyways. thanks very much!
Old 2007-10-15, 07:13   Link #2650
Susanou
.Enforcer

Yup got the high-res ^^

Enjoy~
Susanou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 12:02   Link #2651
lacusclyne

Quote:
Yup got the high-res ^^

Enjoy~
Thank you very much for the wonderful Hi-Res piccy of Ayano x Kazuma! My desktop has a new bg
lacusclyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-16, 13:55   Link #2652
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Quote:
Yup got the high-res ^^

Enjoy~
thanks alot! when put onto desktop, looks more cooler than seeing it ^^.+rep
Old 2007-10-25, 20:56   Link #2653
Yagami_Kazuma

Anyone know of any other high resolution wallpapers for this series other than the one in the above post? Haven't seen much around the Internet.
Yagami_Kazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 12:08   Link #2654
andromeda0201

Ahh well, seems like many were disappointed overall with this series, I rather enjoyed it though, since I never had much expectations in the beginning, and it turned out to be better than I thought.
Have to agree though, that it isn't very memorable, maybe because of the below average animation and the pretty bad background music, still the characters were really interesting and that saved the show. The first ending theme grew on me, especially the lyrics were really voicing out either Kazuma or Ayano's thoughts
Overall I wouldn't say this is a mediocre series, since I pretty much enjoyed it towards the end. It isn't up there for sure but its still worth watching
andromeda0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 19:03   Link #2655
romulusx5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inujun View Post
Ahh well, seems like many were disappointed overall with this series, I rather enjoyed it though, since I never had much expectations in the beginning, and it turned out to be better than I thought.
Have to agree though, that it isn't very memorable, maybe because of the below average animation and the pretty bad background music, still the characters were really interesting and that saved the show. The first ending theme grew on me, especially the lyrics were really voicing out either Kazuma or Ayano's thoughts
Overall I wouldn't say this is a mediocre series, since I pretty much enjoyed it towards the end. It isn't up there for sure but its still worth watching
i was disappointed in the ending but not that much. the series is not driven by the story but by the characters, especially the 2 ayano and kazuma. by my estimation, the series should've lasted 13 episodes instead of 26 because of the 5 episode "fillers" in between that slowed down the pace of the story.

but overall i give it a 7/10. it was indeed, mediocre at times, but a 2nd season? i dont think so. maybe 3 years from now.
romulusx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 20:19   Link #2656
Geass
~Power of the King~

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Agree a second season would be great to have if it comes down the road. Of course does depend on the author of the novels getting healthy and writing again since it's hard to have another season without material. Unless whoever did the second season decided to wing it. Am curious how the series was appreciated in Japan. Long as they don't mind the lack of budget for action sequences .

Think the series had an interesting mix. Have magical abilities with the elements, contracts with spirit lords for incredible power, modern setting, and especially in the novel a protagonist that doesn't hold back on doing what he feels like.
This is what makes Kaze no Stigma one of my favorite series (not just the anime, but the novel too, great read) of all time, Kazuma does what he wants: where he wants: whenever he wants.
Old 2007-11-13, 02:30   Link #2657
Kadaj

Shoot, I had to sign up on the forums just to throw in my two cents after reading through the last ~5 pages. (Didn't read the entire thread, lawl. maybe some other time... not.) People are complaining left and right about loose ends and whatnot. And other people (NOT the target of my post) are complaining about other things, like for example, they didn't like the actual story itself. Anyway, from what I can tell, it seems that not too many people have had this insight from before the series even started like myself, so I will continue the post, and hopefully this will be new information to some people that helps them look at things from a new perspective.

I remember reading on some forum before KnS started airing that it had only been commissioned for production of 24 episodes, with maybe a possibility (subjectively speaking by discussers in the thread) for a season renewal depending on its success; there was a big debate and whatnot about how rushed or unfulfilling the series might seem, as it was an ongoing manga for several years (I haven't read the manga at all, so this was a new story to me).

With this knowledge under my belt, I had been able to really get into this series expecting it to be very fun and corny, and without taking it seriously at all after watching the first episode. Things like Ayano being annoying and hardheaded during EVERY fight did not faze me even in the slightest bit; instead I just cheered and appreciated every instance her skirt had been blown up or when I was being graced with a pantyshot (I guess it's not as rewarding for many females, hehe, but hey, it's a seinen anime) while she was being aided by Kazuma (directly or indirectly) to ultimately achieve her victories. It was also just awesome how Kazuma was a total badass that had always kept his cool and beat every opponent without ever having to overcome struggle, where you get to watch a tenacious guy who had already developed his modus operandi and morals before the start of the series.
Watching this anime was a very rewarding experience with this mindset; however, I'll have to admit, it caused me to enjoy the one-off episodes more than the story arc, so it probably does the original story injustices to be so crammed. On the other hand, I think this downfall even added to my experience and provided some relief when I'm used to animes that stretch out stories, have flashbacks every 2 seconds, and have fights that last 4 or 5 episodes with a lot of talking and other crap inbetween (i.e. Naruto, Bleach, etc. Not bashing on them, but come on, that makes the quick pace of KnS all the more refreshing).

In my opinion, the one-off episodes were necessary to build character and relationships, as you wouldn't be able to feel the emotions being portrayed during dramatic events no matter how complete and thorough it is, and the series wouldn't be as great if there was no major story arc and contained all filler-like content. I personally don't think there was any other way it could have been done.

Last edited by Kadaj; 2007-11-13 at 03:14. Reason: Clarity, typos
Kadaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-16, 04:11   Link #2658
Saito_kun
aaaaaa it is.. a cookie

yeah I love his series...is there some body who has more wallpaper on this serie....plz
Saito_kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-16, 21:16   Link #2659
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inujun View Post
The series was very, very, VERY fun and entertaining during the first three arcs, plus the last one. Banal/inane filler in the middle after an awesome start likely annoyed a number of people (it did me), as did the "dumbing down" of Kazuma's darker personality. Though, I rather like this Kazuma far more than than the "God-dang Batman" of the novels, though I wish he actually killed more people.

And yes, the rather poor animation and unimpressive music were also harmful, as was Ayano, probably one of the weaker characters in the whole show. My peeve was the lack of cases and involvement of the "magical world". Like, I wanted to see a journey in the magical world where those faeries came from.

While I agree with you in spirit, I'll have to concede KnS is mediocre, since the bad outweighs the good.
Malintex_Terek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-25, 04:26   Link #2660
akitakumi
Akizz

why kaze no stigma dun have episode 1 , 2, 3 ,4 avi file?.... my com cant watch mkv file.... can some tell me where to get it?
akitakumi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shounen