AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-09-09, 09:16   Link #1701
Fang taichou

2 Seikuuken users (Kenichi & Ryuuto) fighting will not be boring. Just think about the Neji vs. Neji fight in Naruto Shippuden (fighting their clones after peeling the tags off), it's kind of similar.

Those of you who want to see Kisara might be disappointed, I don't think she'll show her around (I'm basing this on the manga, the anime people might change it up a bit but seeing as how she wasn't there in ep47, I doubt that's the case).

Berserker doesn't really have any supermoves/combos because he's just a genius at fighting who doesn't use martial arts of any sort.

On reviewing the remaining chapters of the Ragnarok arc in the manga, it is possible for them to end it by ep. 50 (if they decide to not waste time with recaps and cover 3 chapters per episode).
Fang taichou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-09, 15:19   Link #1702
gencbiba

So if Berserker was trained like Kenichi, he'd be the strongest fighter? It's scary thinking about it.

Captain Tsubasa and Dai no Daibouken are being translated!! Check us out at http://www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs/. Stop on by and show us some love at the forums.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-09, 15:23   Link #1703
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Well that is the thing. Strongest don't always win.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-09, 17:04   Link #1704
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Besides the masters and elder pick only certain people whom they believe fit to wield all that skill and power. They choose not to train Ishinsai Ogata even though he has what it takes to succeed because they realized he wasn't a good person.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-09, 17:42   Link #1705
Mandrake

on a different note, TigerII and Angrypokstick avatars displayed in a row are way too cute
Mandrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 00:36   Link #1706
iwubanime
FMP wubber

K-H releases episode 47!

Spoiler for episode 47:
iwubanime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 02:29   Link #1707
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang taichou View Post
Just think about the Neji vs. Neji fight in Naruto Shippuden (fighting their clones after peeling the tags off), it's kind of similar.
Jesus...i hope you're wrong!
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 03:45   Link #1708
Forbearance

Kenichi has incredible talent for martial arts (to clarify for those of you who haven't picked up on this yet).

It is a running joke/psychological thing that the masters use with Kenichi telling him that he has no talent for martial arts.

So, once again, Kenichi is a martial arts prodigy, a genius if you will.

You don't improve that quickly no matter how harsh the training you endure unless you are a very talented individual.
Forbearance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 05:18   Link #1709
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

No he isnt a martial arts genius. The only time you see kenichi go all out is when those he likes and loves are in trouble.

He does have skill in martial arts, there's no doubt about that. But he's not on the Tanimoto or Mu level when your talking genius level.

The only thing Kenichi is a genius of, is perseverence. He'll go through anything to protect those he loves. It's why he's gone through all that hell training

Best part of the episode i thought was the very end, when they 'tag' with kenichi blowing on his hand saying it hurts >.<
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 07:08   Link #1710
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post
He does have skill in martial arts, there's no doubt about that. But he's not on the Tanimoto or Mu level when your talking genius level.
I agree about Tanimoto being a genius in comparison to Kenichi. I'm not that sure about Miu though. She's been training under the elder since she was a toddler, and even now her intensity of training is probably only slightly less than Kenichi. Despite that, she's still in the same league as Kisara who has had far less opportunity for expert tutelage (Miu is better than Kisara, but not by an order of magnitude.........she acknowledges in a fight to the death, Kisara could trouble her, and that she was amazed Kisara learned her attacks just by watching her). It reminds me of the episode where Kenichi was discouraged that he'd never be able to cach up with Miu because she's a "hardworking genius", but the masters reminded him that she'd put in an incredible amount of training to achieve her current level.

The likes of Berserker,Kisara and Tanimoto would probably be closer to being classified as martial arts geniuses than Mu,given what they've achieved with limited training.

Speaking of which, do people think that all of the masters would be "natural geniuses" in martial arts or was it only hard work? My impression is that Sakaki and Akisame weren't naturally talented , unlike Shigure , Apachai and Ma kensei. That's just speculation, of course.

Note: And oh, episode 46 rocked.......it was great seeing the heart from Nijima and his weird confession to Kenichi. I still don't know how Tanimoto let himself be talked into Shinpaku but it was funny how he claimed he came to the rescue only so he could take revenge on Loki. Why does the tough guy with a heart of gold always hide his feelings :P?

Last edited by Amirali; 2007-09-10 at 07:10. Reason: none
Amirali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 07:32   Link #1711
Z0Rr0rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by amirali1985 View Post
she acknowledges in a fight to the death, Kisara could trouble her
Where did she acknoweledge that again?

I remember nothing like that. I just remember how Miu K.Oed Kisara in 1 move, and she was forced into that, seeing that Kenichi had just trapped himself into the fence. In addition, Miu was able to trap Freya's staff midair.

Other than that, thanx for taking your time to give us a taste of your ''opinion''.

Quote:
My impression is that Sakaki and Akisame weren't naturally talented , unlike Shigure , Apachai and Ma kensei. That's just speculation, of course.
Chibi Ma Kensei was naturally talented, but the SAKE OGRE Sakaki wasn't!? Great!!HAHAAHAHAH
Z0Rr0rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 07:40   Link #1712
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Akisame already atmited that Kenichi is the same as he was at that age. In one of the early eps Kenichi even says the same words to Akisame that he'd said to his master. However i do think he was probably a genius, but mor of the anatomy of the body. He knows where to hit to break or fix it. Though to reach the level he's at now, i think he probably had a bi of genuius toward martial arts.

Apachi is the one id say wasnt a genius, in early episodes the elder (i think its him) explained that apachi got his skill through death matches. Thats why he's not able to go easy on kenichi at first and keeps almost killing him >.<

I think kenichi being a genius of surviving is one thing we can all agree on though no matter what happens to him he springs back alive lol
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 07:50   Link #1713
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amirali1985 View Post
I agree about Tanimoto being a genius in comparison to Kenichi. I'm not that sure about Miu though. She's been training under the elder since she was a toddler, and even now her intensity of training is probably only slightly less than Kenichi.
I was under the impression that, these days, she barely trains at all. She practiced a lot as a kid, but since she got older and achieved some independence from her grandfather, she let it be known she wasn't that interested in martial arts. She'd rather have a normal life with normal friends and kittens. She has no ambition to be the strongest or prove anything. Does she even think of herself as a martial artist?

Quote:
Despite that, she's still in the same league as Kisara who has had far less opportunity for expert tutelage (Miu is better than Kisara, but not by an order of magnitude.........she acknowledges in a fight to the death, Kisara could trouble her, and that she was amazed Kisara learned her attacks just by watching her). It reminds me of the episode where Kenichi was discouraged that he'd never be able to cach up with Miu because she's a "hardworking genius", but the masters reminded him that she'd put in an incredible amount of training to achieve her current level.
Yes... When she was younger.

Quote:
The likes of Berserker,Kisara and Tanimoto would probably be closer to being classified as martial arts geniuses than Mu,given what they've achieved with limited training.
Tanimoto's the disciple of Ma Sougetsu, who's about as strong as his brother Kensei.

Quote:
Speaking of which, do people think that all of the masters would be "natural geniuses" in martial arts or was it only hard work? My impression is that Sakaki and Akisame weren't naturally talented , unlike Shigure , Apachai and Ma kensei. That's just speculation, of course.
I think they're all geniuses who trained very hard.

Re: Kenichi's talent. It's true that, realistically, you don't go from wimp to bad ass martial artist in just a few short months without talent, no matter how hard the training. In fact, you don't go from wimp to bad ass martial artist in a few short months, period.

But we're talking about anime. Particularly, an anime whose message is that hard work trumps genius. Tanimoto was pretty in your face about it in ep 47.

So I'll take the masters' words at face value: Kenichi has no talent. Only moral qualities, like generosity, perseverance (to a degree...), courage (in some circumstances...)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 07:54   Link #1714
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Endurance.....

Eh is there a timeline to this? I took it as several months by this point.
Old 2007-09-10, 08:02   Link #1715
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Less than a year, since none of them got promoted in grades.
Old 2007-09-10, 08:39   Link #1716
TigerII
Pilot in Training

We havn't seen the school section in a while, how did you know? Is it in the manga they have not been promoted?
Old 2007-09-10, 09:50   Link #1717
KnekO

Wow episode 47 simply rocked. Well I personally thin Kenichi has talent for martial arts but his masters hide that from him so that he won't change his character.
Now...whos in charge of the avy production because I would like a Berserker one...
the part when he is kicking Tanimoto in the head 0:18.38 - 0:18.40
Onegai
KnekO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 11:36   Link #1718
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Well, I think they'd have mentioned it if they'd been promoted.

Besides, Takeda and Ukita were in third year, and they're still involved in what is presented as a high school activity.
Old 2007-09-10, 13:17   Link #1719
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z0Rr0rex View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by amirali1985
she acknowledges in a fight to the death, Kisara could trouble her

Where did she acknoweledge that again?

I remember nothing like that. I just remember how Miu K.Oed Kisara in 1 move, and she was forced into that, seeing that Kenichi had just trapped himself into the fence. In addition, Miu was able to trap Freya's staff midair.

Other than that, thanx for taking your time to give us a taste of your ''opinion''.

Quote:
My impression is that Sakaki and Akisame weren't naturally talented , unlike Shigure , Apachai and Ma kensei. That's just speculation, of course.

Chibi Ma Kensei was naturally talented, but the SAKE OGRE Sakaki wasn't!? Great!!HAHAAHAHAH

First of all, regarding the Kisara/Miu thing, I'm referring to a later ep than their first ecounter.

Spoiler for ep 44+:

As far as my speculation about Sakaki, its not really provable of course..........its just that the way he fights seems reliant on the fact that he's trained his body to become so hard and durable through punching posts, walking on fists , etc. Of the current masters, he's the one most frequently shown training. That does not necessarily mean he's the least talented; but it does suggest that his regimen is very intensive on physical workout and development. Anyway, no point discussing something that unprovable further I guess.......I won't argue the issue.
To taliesin: Good observation about Apachai, it makes sense.
To anh Mirh: I acknowledge your point about Tanimoto getting trained by Ma Sogetsu, forgot that bit.

Last edited by Amirali; 2007-09-10 at 13:28.
Amirali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 15:56   Link #1720
richvh

Spoiler:
richvh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action