AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2016-08-06, 22:44   Link #161
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

In case someone haven't heard it yet, here's Leto's reaction of his Joker scenes that were cut (and pretty much everything else that were cut):

I think that does it. I'll save my money for a possible "extended cut" on web-stream or rent the movie on Blu-ray later-on to watch it with the deleted scenes instead of watching an uneven movie in theaters. Say what you want about MCU but most of their movies released in theaters are not the butchered versions, while DCEU has 2 of their movies (out of 3) butchered in theaters .
Old 2016-08-06, 23:51   Link #162
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

^^Yeah...when the critic score is 26% and the audience score is 73%...that's some disconnect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
In case someone haven't heard it yet, here's Leto's reaction of his Joker scenes that were cut (and pretty much everything else that were cut):

I think that does it. I'll save my money for a possible "extended cut" on web-stream or rent the movie on Blu-ray later-on to watch it with the deleted scenes instead of watching an uneven movie in theaters. Say what you want about MCU but most of their movies released in theaters are not the butchered versions, while DCEU has 2 of their movies (out of 3) butchered in theaters .
I don't know how much I'd trust what I see in the industry rags like Variety. This smacks of some kind of stunt. Maybe a lowering of expectations of seeing him, or an early plug for the blu-rays, I don't know. Having seen the movie, I have no doubt that there were Joker scenes cut, but there were everybody scenes cut (except maybe Deadshot). Joker's scenes fit where they made sense to as much as anyone else's did, if not more. I think people went in expecting that he was the target of the Squad (can't really blame them given the trailers), but he isn't. Leto played him well, but any more of him arguably would have detracted from what little plotline the movie did have.

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2016-08-07 at 00:08.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-07, 00:26   Link #163
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
^^Yeah...when the critic score is 26% and the audience score is 73%...that's some disconnect.
The movie is divisive. Nothing new there. Even reviews from the "trusted people" on Youtube (eg. Stuckman, Jahn, etc) who are not old and tired critics from magazines are divisive. Based on all reviews I read (critics and audience alike), it's a mixed bag at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
I don't know how much I'd trust what I see in the industry rags like Variety. This smacks of some kind of stunt. Maybe a lowering of expectations of seeing him, or an early plug for the blu-rays, I don't know.
I trust what Leto said more. And if you don't trust big movie magazines like Variety then who're you gonna trust? They have a lot of validity. Is not trusting anything from entertainment news outlet is a cool thing to do these days? Variety is not Fox News.
Old 2016-08-07, 08:17   Link #164
Azuma Denton
~AD~

They could make a two version of Suicide Squad. One with happy go lucky edit, and another one with the grim dark edit...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-07, 08:55   Link #165
Twi

Just saw Suicide Squad. It was pretty funny, I liked it. Spoilers below on my thoughts:

Spoiler:
Old 2016-08-07, 11:01   Link #166
Sixth
Hu Tao

Just came back from the cinema.

Suicide Squad was a great movie. It was enjoyable and fun. Those critics were wrong IMO.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-08, 01:53   Link #167
SvenCalBayan

Well, saw it yesterday.

Thought I was gonna enjoy it despite what the critics said. I did not enjoy it... so did most of the viewers sitting beside me.

Jokes you were supposed to laugh at did not make me laugh or smile even a bit. Same goes with most of the viewers.

Speaking of jokes... The Joker, Jared Leto's Joker. Not enough scenes. Leto also said that most of his scenes were cut from the final version. From the few scenes I've seen, he's okay. This movie is at least an intro of sorts for the character. Maybe in the next movie.

But I still say that the "method acting" Leto used to get into the character was way too much. It was borderline psycho. OK, I'm no actor, but still, I saw many oscar winning actors & actresses play they're part when required to and go back to normal when the director calls it off. But no, Mr. Leto had to create a "dynamic" in the set has he said. That "dynamic" included not speaking to any cast members except during filming. This "dynamic" also included sending used condoms, bullets, anal beads and dead pigs to fellow cast members. What the hell happened to the good old days of laughing it off with your fellow cast members after the director shouts CUT ?

The one good surprise about this movie... that "El Diablo Ese". My god, I didn't know he had such power. I thought he was just some run-of-the-mill firestarter.
SvenCalBayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-08, 02:16   Link #168
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

^
Lawrence freaking Olivier on method acting
Quote:
upon seeing Dustin Hoffman's "method" acting technique of not sleeping and making a mess of himself to get into character while shooting "Marathon Man"] Dear boy, it's called acting.
Old 2016-08-08, 04:00   Link #169
jdennis007

I saw it and loved it, I was worried that there was going to be too much Batman in it but they kept it to a bare minimum. Honestly I think Joker had the right amount of screen time considering his role in the movie. I did love Jared Leto's take on him and that they made him a crime boss for a change.
Old 2016-08-08, 08:28   Link #170
rantaid

maybe it just me but quite a number of reviewer or critics sounds too salty about Suicide Squad movie. sure it was not amazing as i hoped for, it had weird pacing to make it more coherrent storywise, Joker fun being too few, Enchantress second form dance like trying to hold her pee (and her neat trailer speech being cut), and some inane stuff, but overall it is good enough as at least 70% fun and good. well sure D-Pool is better in story writing, and fun factor .. but Suicide Squad was fun,entertaining and boner inducing without being campy....

imo, The critics and reviewers seems to exagerrated too much, it is like they are being salty about their own agenda (like vengeance for their unsuccessful crusade to defend a particular some kind of otherworldy ghost busting zanny exorcist which is awfully represented by group of pseudo shemales who tries to rip off Sex and The City, maybe?) , i hope they don't bother Doctor Strange next.

in Conclusion, i hope one day DC and Marvel will crossover to make a movie where Deadpool was seduced by Harley Quinn while The Joker offered her to him being best budd . dunno whether it would be cuck or netorare, but that is the movie i want to watch (especially after that certain cosplay movie was cool)
rantaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-08, 13:19   Link #171
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Third time’s the charm for DC and Warner Bros

Spoiler for length:
GANBARIMASU

Last edited by Akito Kinomoto; 2016-08-08 at 22:56.
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-08, 14:54   Link #172
Twi

*Looks at different reviews above* Man, this movie is divisive.
Old 2016-08-08, 20:02   Link #173
Galaxian

Jared Leto has publicly complaint about the fact that a lot of his scenes as the Joker were cut off from the movie. This is fine, although a bit unprofessional since the movie just came out to already mixed reactions.

However, the real problem comes when he comments that perhaps he needs to die so that the studio to release the extended version of the movie. Now, he most likely said that out of frustration, but nevertheless is hits too close to home given what happened with Heath Ledger.

Interview
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-08, 22:14   Link #174
rantaid

@Galaxian

His complains are justified. look at Leto's instagram. he posted some of the cut.... damn!

This castrated theaterical version was like a compromise to anyone who shout mysoginist and sexist, we were left with bits of unlikely wrong idea of creepy romance instead of the abusive Joker and Harley Quinn like we were supposed to get.

Damn that slap! That is the Joker i remember from the cartoon!
Old 2016-08-09, 09:52   Link #175
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantaid View Post
@Galaxian

His complains are justified. look at Leto's instagram. he posted some of the cut.... damn!

This castrated theaterical version was like a compromise to anyone who shout mysoginist and sexist, we were left with bits of unlikely wrong idea of creepy romance instead of the abusive Joker and Harley Quinn like we were supposed to get.

Damn that slap! That is the Joker i remember from the cartoon!
People complaint when Shia LaBeouf and Josh Trank thrash talked their respective movies during the time it could still hurt their performance at the box office, why should Jared get a pass? Not to mention that at least they didn't come off as insensitive.
Old 2016-08-09, 10:34   Link #176
rantaid

yeah... i guess Leto should only get a pass about it after he is at least as good as Marlon Brando. i mean he is no Godfather on his own.

I just love the slap scene so much that he is not that wrong to voice his complains.
Old 2016-08-09, 10:53   Link #177
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantaid View Post
yeah... i guess Leto should only get a pass about it after he is at least as good as Marlon Brando. i mean he is no Godfather on his own.

I just love the slap scene so much that he is not that wrong to voice his complains.
To me he was one of the weakest links in the movie. That wasn't the Joker, that was Jack Sparrow with less face paint...
Old 2016-08-09, 23:58   Link #178
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Suicide Squad? Bad? This is yet another example of how so-called "critics" and whiny "fans" don't know jack. Four days after the movie came out, and I go see a late viewing on a weekday with an almost full theater room and a backed-up ticket purchase line, and with applause at the end. (they didn't even clap in a full theater room at Civil War)

Hence why I never, ever trust negative criticism about anything.
Old 2016-08-10, 00:19   Link #179
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
(they didn't even clap in a full theater room at Civil War)
That's pretty hard to believe. I've watched Civil War twice in different theaters. They were fully packed with people and they cheered a number of times during the movie, especially when Spiderman showed up, and I heard the same stories from my friends who watched CW in many other theaters different from mine.
Old 2016-08-10, 00:43   Link #180
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
There was cheering when I saw Civil War when Spiderman appeared, sure. But they didn't clap. (Not to say they didn't like the movie though, obviously). And I'm not saying Civil War wasn't fully packed either. Civil War is completely beside the point.
Here in Suicide Squad, they clapped at the end. (And laughed at all the humor) There wasn't cheering, but of course there wasn't as there was no super-hyped appearance like Spiderman's. But they also clapped when the Joker showed up alive and well to spring out Harley.