AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-02-03, 19:40   Link #1101
kiki_natsumi-chan
Battler follower
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Send a message via MSN to kiki_natsumi-chan
I have just played the little preview of the ep. 4 patch...damn...I didn't expect the way it cut off...xD It scared me xD
kiki_natsumi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-04, 10:59   Link #1102
Nabiki Asakura
Order Maiden
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Brazil
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to Nabiki Asakura
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki_natsumi-chan View Post
I have just played the little preview of the ep. 4 patch...damn...I didn't expect the way it cut off...xD It scared me xD
Well, me too! i was so happy "oh, my friend said that it's just the prologue, but the cap 1 seems to be translated too, yay, L-U-C-K-Y S2"



evil...the one who made this joke is the evil ;;(but still, a good idea)
__________________


Nabiki Asakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-04, 15:16   Link #1103
natyo2
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bs as argentina
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to natyo2
Sorry if this is the wrong thread.. delete the post if necessary-
I was trying to register in the 07th Expansion site to vote in the contest (EP4 SPOILERS!!), but I can't do it or something like that.. I translated the page with the Google translator and got this:
Spoiler:

Here the original:
Spoiler:

I don't get the 'money' thing..guess it's a mistranslation.. so do I have to wait one day to login?? I don't get it please help
Thanks

Last edited by natyo2; 2009-02-05 at 08:30.
natyo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-04, 18:59   Link #1104
MuzikalNotes
Amry-chan, mii~
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by natyo2 View Post
Sorry if this is the wrong thread.. delete the post if necessary-
I was trying to register in the 07th Expansion site to vote in the contest, but I can't do it or something like that.. I translated the page with the Google translator and got this:
Spoiler:

Here the original:
Spoiler:

I don't get the 'money' thing..guess it's a mistranslation.. so do I have to wait one day to login?? I don't get it please help
Thanks
Wait, another popularity contest? Well, this time there isn't any 'pairings' vote, just single character votes.
Hmm, did you try to register with a @hotmail address? I can't understand it myself, but since this isn't the first Japanese site to not allow hotmail registers, and it clearly says hotmail in the original, but it's very odd how that text wasn't translated.
And what that was supposed to translate into 1 vote per day, I think (according to the main voting page).
I hope that helps, even though you just spoiled me on the new characters. Ah well, that's what I did to myself in the last popularity contest.
MuzikalNotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-04, 21:44   Link #1105
Goose Boy
Happiness witch´s followe
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Venezuela
Age: 25
To witch hunt:

Some of the spanish-speaking people who like umineko ( including myself) are planning to translate it to spanish. We have already extracted the scripts from the .dat file but we have problems to place it again to .dat. We would like to work with you xd.
Goose Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-04, 23:14   Link #1106
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NYC, NY
Age: 40
Just so you know ONscripter doesn't support characters like é...
__________________
Sterling01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 08:25   Link #1107
natyo2
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bs as argentina
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to natyo2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzikalNotes View Post
Wait, another popularity contest? Well, this time there isn't any 'pairings' vote, just single character votes.
Hmm, did you try to register with a @hotmail address? I can't understand it myself, but since this isn't the first Japanese site to not allow hotmail registers, and it clearly says hotmail in the original, but it's very odd how that text wasn't translated.
And what that was supposed to translate into 1 vote per day, I think (according to the main voting page).
I hope that helps, even though you just spoiled me on the new characters. Ah well, that's what I did to myself in the last popularity contest.
Well seems like that was the problem...used yahoo and everything went well until the autentification code.. maybe I messed up there..but anyways thanks, I didn't mean to spoil you, sorry
natyo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 16:21   Link #1108
Bern-chan
Not Rika Furude
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to Bern-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
Just so you know ONscripter doesn't support characters like é...
Couldn't they port it to that other version, PONScripter or whatever? And there was another called ONScxxxx that I forgot the name of.

And the make a .dat you rename the file to 0.txt and put it in a folder with the NSCMake you can get from here.
Bern-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 19:13   Link #1109
chronotrig
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Buffer overflow
PONScripter doesn't exist yet, at least not in a form that we or they can use.

Unless there's a version out there that can read NScripter plugins...
__________________
"The only moral it is possible to draw from this story is that one should never throw the letter 'q' into a privet bush. But, unfortunately, there are times when it is unavoidable."
--Hitchhikers


www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 20:27   Link #1110
Aeriven
Please grant my wish.
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Music Room #3
Age: 35
Got a question about the save files. I'm in the middle of re-playing episode 1 on my Windows XP machine, and I'd like to move my Umineko installation to another computer, my Macbook. Last time I attempted to move the entire Umineko folder (under Program Files/07th_Expansion) between the two computers, when I loaded the game on the second computer, it was like a fresh install, no saves or anything. I obviously have to use a different onscripter when running on the two computers, could that be why the save files aren't working? Or are the save files somewhere else that I don't know about? Would it work if I copied the folder to another Windows machine?

Thanks, and sorry if this is a stupid question!
__________________
Aeriven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 20:36   Link #1111
MuzikalNotes
Amry-chan, mii~
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by natyo2 View Post
Well seems like that was the problem...used yahoo and everything went well until the autentification code.. maybe I messed up there..but anyways thanks, I didn't mean to spoil you, sorry
It's ok ^_^ I did that to myself anyways >_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
PONScripter doesn't exist yet, at least not in a form that we or they can use.

Unless there's a version out there that can read NScripter plugins...
There's another NScripter-like program, called ONSlaught (link here). While it looks okay to me, I'm also worried about how compatible it is with Nscripter, since there seems to have been a lot of changes between the two, even though the main programmer is trying to make it more compatible, since he just got everything more stable. Note that this is also a beta, so there might be some bugs. Proceed with caution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aghra View Post
Got a question about the save files. I'm in the middle of re-playing episode 1 on my Windows XP machine, and I'd like to move my Umineko installation to another computer, my Macbook. Last time I attempted to move the entire Umineko folder (under Program Files/07th_Expansion) between the two computers, when I loaded the game on the second computer, it was like a fresh install, no saves or anything. I obviously have to use a different onscripter when running on the two computers, could that be why the save files aren't working? Or are the save files somewhere else that I don't know about? Would it work if I copied the folder to another Windows machine?

Thanks, and sorry if this is a stupid question!
If I remember correctly, they're in the registry files (I think).
MuzikalNotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-06, 23:47   Link #1112
actawesome
Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Wow guys 45% of the release done? That's like almost 50%.


Wow, that's MUCH faster than I expected.

Again, you guys are amazing.

-Act
actawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 00:25   Link #1113
chronotrig
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Buffer overflow
Just to clarify, that's 45% for the first of three parts, which will go until chapter 9 in the game.
Actually, this first part is very slightly less than a third of the game because there's a better cutoff point there.

And that percentage is just for the raw translation, no editing or anything else.
__________________
"The only moral it is possible to draw from this story is that one should never throw the letter 'q' into a privet bush. But, unfortunately, there are times when it is unavoidable."
--Hitchhikers


www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 00:54   Link #1114
actawesome
Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
^^ Doesn't make it any less amazing.
actawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 18:24   Link #1115
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Somewhere Over The Rainbow, Canada
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
@Maria

Please remove your request before a mod sees it, we're not allowed under any conitions to give you such information.
__________________

Credit To Risa-chan!
ClockWorkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 18:28   Link #1116
Rika_Chama
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
@Maria
If you really want to play them you can buy them at shops like himeya or paletweb.com
you can check out this thread for more sites
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=7390
and yeah you should delete that post
theres is also the demo you can download at the official site
it covers all of ep 1
Rika_Chama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 21:27   Link #1117
Maria-Chwan
Kikiki~
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cyberspace
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to Maria-Chwan
@ ClockWorkAngel
Thank for telling me.

@ Rika_Chama
Thanks for telling me. ^^
Maria-Chwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-09, 19:06   Link #1118
Ankoku-chan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: In my own little world...
Send a message via Yahoo to Ankoku-chan
I could probably find this somewhere else but, what is "onscripter-en.exe" which I apparently need to run Umineko on my Vista.
Ankoku-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-09, 19:12   Link #1119
Psycho13in308
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankoku-chan View Post
I could probably find this somewhere else but, what is "onscripter-en.exe" which I apparently need to run Umineko on my Vista.
English enabled version of the Nscripter engine and you can get it here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?stqjn9vwnmz
Psycho13in308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-09, 19:13   Link #1120
Ankoku-chan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: In my own little world...
Send a message via Yahoo to Ankoku-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho13in308 View Post
English enabled version of the Nscripter engine and you can get it here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?stqjn9vwnmz
Thank you, big help ^_^
Ankoku-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
translation

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.