AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-06-02, 16:42   Link #41
ellifeedn
Thinker

It seems the Century Soup arc is coming to a close, possibly before chapter 100.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-02, 19:32   Link #42
velocd
Witcher, with tenure

I had a feeling the penguin's saliva would be the final ingredient when it first drooled last chapter. Would have been more interesting if the penguin meat was the ingredient! Soup v. companion!
velocd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-06, 22:21   Link #43
DarkLordOfkichiku

Just saw & read the raw of Chapter 98, so I made a summary...:

Spoiler for Chapter 98:
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 15:08   Link #44
ellifeedn
Thinker

Just read chapters 105 and 106.
Spoiler:
Old 2010-09-07, 07:53   Link #45
ellifeedn
Thinker

And so ends the quest for another food ingredient.
Spoiler for chapter 109:
Old 2010-09-08, 11:51   Link #46
maxikki

I just started reading Toriko and i think its pretty good. was chapter 109 released last week?
maxikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 13:28   Link #47
ellifeedn
Thinker

^ Yes it was.
Old 2010-09-18, 18:07   Link #48
marvelB

Ah, so there's a Toriko thread after all! This is definitely one of my top favorite shonen series right now! As for my favorite storyline, it's definitely the recent Century Soup arc! Anyway, I checked out the raw for chapter 111. I haven't seen any translation yet, but from what I can make out so far....

Spoiler for Chapter 111:
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-19, 13:47   Link #49
Cadorna

Send a message via MSN to Cadorna
theres a scalation of the last chapter now, yep this is a good series.
Old 2010-09-19, 22:00   Link #50
xellos2099

Well, right after he jump off the cliff, the officer above said there is another person who wish to enter and he is very famous.
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-19, 23:04   Link #51
velocd
Witcher, with tenure

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos2099 View Post
Well, right after he jump off the cliff, the officer above said there is another person who wish to enter and he is very famous.
Whoever it is I'm expecting them to be strong enough to get Toriko out of the bind he's in.

I like the Gourmet World concept, how it encompasses more Earth than the Human World and the extreme dangers it inhabits. Reminds me of the New World from One Piece. I wonder if we'll still see capture levels on the beasts.
velocd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 07:13   Link #52
ellifeedn
Thinker

^ Capture levels are rather subjective and I doubt they could be used to effectively describe the types of beasts and plants (definitly don't forget about the plants) that a person would face in the Gourmet World. But if they had to apply levels, I suspect many of the things there would be over 100, and who knows how high it'll go (I'm sure at least one person is going to say 9000 ).
Old 2010-09-20, 10:07   Link #53
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocd View Post
I like the Gourmet World concept, how it encompasses more Earth than the Human World and the extreme dangers it inhabits. Reminds me of the New World from One Piece.

Yeah, pretty much my thoughts exactly. Of course, the difference here is that unlike Luffy, Toriko was too impatient to train. And yeah, I want to see what insanely high capture levels the GW's creatures have, as well.

As far as the guy following Toriko to the GW goes..... my best guess is that it's the fourth (unrevealed) king, Zebra.
Old 2010-09-20, 10:51   Link #54
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
]As far as the guy following Toriko to the GW goes..... my best guess is that it's the fourth (unrevealed) king, Zebra.
I'm under the impression Zebra is still in some form of imprisonment or arrest. He clearly has the most notorious background of the 4 Kings that requires Teppei to capture him, and he's specifically excluded from the mention of 'training.' Besides, while I believe that Zebra is probably the strongest of the 4 Kings at this juncture, having another King save Toriko is kind of demeaning to their overall balance of power.

I'm interested though, in knowing how the 4 Heavenly Kings title came about and how the 4 of them became specifically that famous. ( outside of being great Bishokuyas ) At first I thought it was their strength, but then suddenly we see them outclassed by a sizable number of people and monsters.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 15:37   Link #55
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
I'm under the impression Zebra is still in some form of imprisonment or arrest. He clearly has the most notorious background of the 4 Kings that requires Teppei to capture him, and he's specifically excluded from the mention of 'training.' Besides, while I believe that Zebra is probably the strongest of the 4 Kings at this juncture, having another King save Toriko is kind of demeaning to their overall balance of power.

Well, I sorta figured that Zebra might be out and about since Ichiryuu told Toriko that he's free to invite him to the GW, as well (and notice that Toriko was also surprised when the prez made that suggestion, which may lend some credence to that theory). However, I wouldn't be surprised if Zebra would be put under strict probation/surveillance if that's the case (Teppei or Yosaku would probably be the ones watching him since they captured him in the first place). As for the power balance thing, you do have a point. Still, I don't think it's too much of a problem in this case since it was already kinda implied in the first place that Zebra stood out the most amongst the four heavenly kings (and besides, Toriko will most likely surpass him at some point anyway, so we might as well enjoy his hooliganism until that time comes! ).

Anyways, the new chapter isn't out yet, but the spoilers are:

Spoiler for Chapter 112:
Old 2010-09-27, 10:18   Link #56
Distinction

I thought the over 80 beasts atleast are from the Gourmet World but now with the "unmeaserable numbers" its kinda exceeded my thoughts of the Gourmet World.
I like the "powerlevels" to atleast give of an idea of how strong a beast is. Now the GM where it really matters doesnt have one?

Also i dont like how cut of the GM is. I know it is really dangerous but atleast a few people in the worlds history should be capable of atleast kinda "categorize" and "taste" the things there to give it a worth.

With things like the seven taste fruit or the bb-korn or the soup etc. how can the GM top it off? The strongest peoples "food-menu-list" is filled with food they could get in the "save-parts".

Nethertheless it is an awesome manga with a great concept ( i wish i could eat the things there ). I wonder how the mangaka will handle the GM.
Distinction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 17:34   Link #57
ellifeedn
Thinker

I wonder how Komatsu is supposed to go with Toriko and help cook food for him if not even Toriko at his current level can survive the GW.
Old 2010-10-04, 13:54   Link #58
marvelB

Ah, nearly forgot to comment on the latest chapter! Yep, Jirou was awesome here, as expected. And I too wonder how Komatsu will be able to adapt to the GW, considering Jirou even tells Toriko that he'll need the chef's help when exploring there.....
Old 2010-10-04, 14:36   Link #59
xellos2099

The part that bug me was that how did Komatsu KNEW that Toriko is going to the GW since it was Komatsu that beg Jirou to go save Toriko?
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 21:12   Link #60
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos2099 View Post
The part that bug me was that how did Komatsu KNEW that Toriko is going to the GW since it was Komatsu that beg Jirou to go save Toriko?
Spoiler for chapter 114 spoiler:
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, food, shounen