AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-06, 13:18   Link #1421
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 10:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 14:11   Link #1422
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

Aaand someone has already gif'd the most beautiful scene this episode, which comes from the preview of episode 11, LOL.

If the scene transition turns out to be a troll I'll roundhouse kick the staff. Or something. That scene was all I had in mind after the episode.

Last edited by Defade; 2012-12-06 at 15:16.
Defade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 16:16   Link #1423
Jetzero Infinity

Interesting episode this week. Mostly buildup but it was interesting to get a full confimation that Yata and Fushimi used to be partners. I'm guessing Fushimi had some actually reason for leaving HOMRA besides just being a prick so hopefully we'll find that out soon. Also it seems from the conversation our two kings had, the Sword of Damocles doesn't really do much of anything outside of being some kind of power meter. Ah well.

Wonder what the two second in commands are scheming together. It was really obvious who Munakaka was talking to
Jetzero Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 17:17   Link #1424
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetzero Infinity View Post
I'm guessing Fushimi had some actually reason for leaving HOMRA besides just being a prick so hopefully we'll find that out soon.
I believe that reason has already been revealed in side novels, so I'm not sure if they're still cover it in the anime. I thought it was hinted at pretty strongly in this episode as well, but maybe my foreknowledge is coloring my perceptions.

All I want is more Shiro.

Also, all your powers combined much?

Spoiler:
Old 2012-12-06, 17:35   Link #1425
shadow1296

ive been meaning to ask this for awhile now is k an original tv anime like guilty crown and most gundams or does it have its own light novel its based off of.
i only ask this because a couple of people posted awhile back that there is one yet i have no proof on this besides those posts
Old 2012-12-06, 17:41   Link #1426
mistress_kisara

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
ive been meaning to ask this for awhile now is k an original tv anime like guilty crown and most gundams or does it have its own light novel its based off of.
i only ask this because a couple of people posted awhile back that there is one yet i have no proof on this besides those posts
Original anime the novels are just spin-off stories
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 17:43   Link #1427
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Another build-up episode, like 90% of the series so far. Looks like shit will finally hit the fan next week though.

It was confirmed this week that colorless kings over history each have had different powers, which makes it even more plausible that the current colorless king's power is body switching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
It's an original work.
Old 2012-12-06, 17:46   Link #1428
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetzero Infinity View Post
Wonder what the two second in commands are scheming together. It was really obvious who Munakaka was talking to
I thought they were colluding to get the blue king & the red king together for their talk. Remember the Homura second in command told Anna that Mikoto had someone to talk to and took her away? Then Mikoto met up with the blue king. How did the blue king get that far inside Homura-held territory? Because the second in commands arranged it.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 18:38   Link #1429
Bern-san

I wonder why Munakata didn't tell Mikoto that something about the Silver King is off and possibly related to Tatara's murder. Shiro wanted to talk to Weissman and the route of the zeppelin or whatever that was called definitely changed after the infamous murder so didn't Munakata consider the possibility of Shiro being innocent?
Old 2012-12-06, 19:03   Link #1430
Divino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
I wonder why Munakata didn't tell Mikoto that something about the Silver King is off and possibly related to Tatara's murder. Shiro wanted to talk to Weissman and the route of the zeppelin or whatever that was called definitely changed after the infamous murder so didn't Munakata consider the possibility of Shiro being innocent?
He probably just ruled it as Weissman slowly going insane, since not even the Golden King did anything to interfere.

Also Shiro is Damocles sword! Is so beautiful!
Divino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 21:35   Link #1431
DorkingtonPugsly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Another build-up episode, like 90% of the series so far. Looks like shit will finally hit the fan next week though.
I've been feeling the build up for quite a while now too, but because it never really releases the tension I always feel a bit awkward post-episode. It just seems like every week we're getting closer and closer, little by little and it's sort of tiring. I really do hope shit will hit the fan next week, we're down to the final 3 after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defade View Post
I believe that reason has already been revealed in side novels, so I'm not sure if they're still cover it in the anime. I thought it was hinted at pretty strongly in this episode as well, but maybe my foreknowledge is coloring my perceptions.
When the scene first came up I thought Fushimi looked/was jealous that Yata was always having fun with Mikoto, but then his explanation of not being able to properly fight also made sense. I don't know if it's the mixture of the two or what, but I'd like to get my hands on the book and find out.
Old 2012-12-06, 22:12   Link #1432
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

It's quite obvious. The entire episode is about bonds.

Between Mikoto and Anna.
Between Mikoto and Munakata.
Between Kusanagi and Seri.
Between Misaki and Fushimi.
And between Kuroh, Neko and Shiro.

Next episode would be the ultimate test on these bonds.

Every color and every hue
Is represented by me and you
Take a slide in the slope
Take a look in the kaleidoscope
Spinnin’ round, make it twirl
In this kaleidoscope world
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 22:46   Link #1433
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Bonds, huh? They should've named the episode Kizuna.
Kirroha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 23:35   Link #1434
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defade View Post
Nope, didn't happen. The only thing we knows is that Saru wants all of Yata's attention on to himself.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 23:51   Link #1435
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Hmm, I didn't pick up on that hints at all so I think it's safe to say that all of us who haven't been able to read the novels/detailed spoilers from there didn't see it. I'm still curious why Fushima has both fire and sword powers which makes me wonder if he's completely "betrayed" Homra or not.

In any case, I forget who pointed it out but wow, the school area does have a really green tint to it. I'm kind of hoping that the student council president (who is essentially the only student besides Kukuri to have gotten enough screentime to be memorable) turns out to be the green king, although that would open up some plot holes since no one has even mentioned the green king since Kuro's explanation of the kings. Also really hoping that they touch more on how they got away from the zepplin, I like the theory from a few posts back that Shiro's sword saved them but they skirt the issue so casually that I wonder if they'll bring it up again (and if the shots of him with the sword in the preview are a troll or not ).
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 01:12   Link #1436
kusuriuri

Yeah, there seems to be a lot of potential plot holes in this show. I mean, most details about ANYTHING aren't really touched on enough, and the viewers sort of have to assume, and that leads to lots of misunderstandings and disagreements among fans.

Plus, some of the details about characters etc. that GoRA IS confirming are all on their twitter and in the novels, so I've found that the Western fandom tends to misunderstand even more, because this kind of information isn't available to them. And don't even get me started on bad translations in subtitles...

I suppose a good example could be the relationship between Izumo and Seri? According to GoRA's official twitter, they are literally just friends. Mikoto's voice actor even stated in an article that Mikoto x Izumo is practically canon. But, the Western fandom, who are only going by the anime, all think something is going on between Izumo and Seri. Which is completely understandable.

I mean, the anime is the main focus, with spin-off novels and manga, but it almost seems like you need to have read everything to understand the details.
kusuriuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 01:24   Link #1437
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkingtonPugsly View Post
I've been feeling the build up for quite a while now too, but because it never really releases the tension I always feel a bit awkward post-episode. It just seems like every week we're getting closer and closer, little by little and it's sort of tiring. I really do hope shit will hit the fan next week, we're down to the final 3 after all.
GoRA twitter did state that last week's episode was the beginning of the end, so I think shit's definitely gonna hit the fan next week, especially since it'll take place on the day of the school festival.
Old 2012-12-07, 04:45   Link #1438
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusuriuri View Post
I suppose a good example could be the relationship between Izumo and Seri? According to GoRA's official twitter, they are literally just friends. Mikoto's voice actor even stated in an article that Mikoto x Izumo is practically canon. But, the Western fandom, who are only going by the anime, all think something is going on between Izumo and Seri. Which is completely understandable.
Source please.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 04:49   Link #1439
kusuriuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Source please.
Uh, do you mean the article? It was that one from PASH! with the picture of Homra, and Mikoto is using Izumo's thigh as a pillow. I'm not sure if there are any good scans online, since I'm reading off my own copy.

Culturally, using someone's thigh as a pillow in Japan is something only couples do. No joke. I can see why people from Western countries could just look at this picture as no big deal, but Japanese fans went CRAZY over that official poster when it first came out. It apparently confirmed that Mikoto x Izumo is official.
kusuriuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 04:53   Link #1440
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusuriuri View Post
Uh, do you mean the article? It was that one from PASH! with the picture of Homra, and Mikoto is using Izumo's thigh as a pillow. I'm not sure if there are any good scans online, since I'm reading off my own copy.
I mean both the tweet and the article.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, bishonen, fantasy, gang, supernatural