Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2017-11-28, 16:37   Link #21101
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin View Post
I really want to punch Tanaka right now... Finally after who knows how many sorties I manage to bring a run past the PTs (with a perfect S, don't ask me how this happened). Only to miss the LOS requirement and get routed to Z5. OTZ

EDIT: Are they freaking kidding me? How high is the LOS requirement? Made it past the PTs a second time (with even less damage this time) and got routed to Z5 again... This is ridiculous.
Going by how the rest of the map works the only valid answer is 'That depends'
How many historical ships are in your fleet?

----
On a completely different note:
Bm7 has become a real joke thanks to the vanguard formation. The only 'problem' remaining is getting enough LoS. - Which is rather easy if you take a Choukai + Ooyodo combination with you.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-28, 17:37   Link #21102
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
How many historical ships are in your fleet?
Oh, don't worry about that. I have more than enough.
Old 2017-11-28, 17:59   Link #21103
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Oh, don't worry about that. I have more than enough.
Thought so.

For the unlikely case that you don't know (and for anyone else struggling
LoS requirements on hard mode are said to be extremyl high, however historical ships apparently lower the LoS requirements a bit.
Personally I went with the following fleet (medium though)

This is for medium but it might help giving an idea how much is needed:

Sara, Yamato, Haruna, Kongou, Maya, Kumano,
Takao, Pan pa pa pan, ABKM, KTKM, Yukikaze, Yuudachi

Potentially Relevant LoS Equip
Sara 99: Reppu601, Zuikaku AAplane*6, F6F-5 MAX, Reppu, BOFOR?
Yama 99: Type 0 obs
Haru 98: Type 0 Recon
Kongou 99: -//-
Maya 99: Type 0 Recon
Kumano 89: Type 2 SFK, KyofuuK

Takao 82: 98 Night, Searchlight
Atago 82: 0 Recon, Star Shell
Yukikaze 94:Lookout
Poi 99: 22SR K4

ABKM and KTKM were both 99.
Yamato had the New High Pressure TSB + an Imporved turbine in her Expansion slot, to be allowed on that route.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2017-11-29, 10:11   Link #21104
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Upcoming CL Kai Ni will be Tama's.

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-29, 12:25   Link #21105
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
The discrimination against the Agano-class is real.
Old 2017-11-29, 13:47   Link #21106
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Called it

Quote:
The discrimination against the Agano-class is real.
The Agano class has good overall stats , and Tama was the final ship to sink there though.
And while her base CGs aren't bad, you can still see a vast improvement in almost all areas when comparing them with their seasonal CGs. (Coloring being one that really stings in the eye)

The other reason I am happy is that my Tama is actually lv 95 while my Yahagi and Noshiro are not. - So for once I won't have to level a ship for an event

Yahagi would also fit in nicely for a fight against an Abyssal Hotel
Here are also a few ships with similar odds against them (all for different reasons) - that are imho more than ripe for an update.
Shiratsuyu, Murasame, Atago, Takao, Aircraft Carrier Hime Akagi and Kaga.
I am sure we could continue to name ships for a few pages here. For this one though, Tama or Ooyodo would imho make more sense than Yahagi, who is almost guaranteed to play a bigger role at some point.

Old 2017-11-29, 15:27   Link #21107
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
The Agano class has good overall stats , and Tama was the final ship to sink there though.
Good overall stats? They are lower than Kuma or Nagara's for Christ's sake!
Old 2017-11-29, 15:29   Link #21108
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Kuma kai and Nagara kai were pretty much anomalies. Tanaka explained in an early interview that they overtuned "certain ships" stats upon remodel, but after how people were raving about that, they couldn't really backroll that, hence why both have dramatically high stats for basic remodel.

Personally, I don't expect any remodel for the Agano before kuma class and Tenryuu class. They just took their sweet time to introduce remodel for CL, and ever since they made Abukuma kai ni, it is even more awkward.
Old 2017-11-29, 15:59   Link #21109
Kakurin
大佐

Okay, now this part is over:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

And good grief, the AS requirement is ridiculous. Didn't get AS despite having two CVLs and a CAV full with (seaplane) fighters. Got lucky with a green T and the LBA bombing a BBH to chūha, otherwise it would have been quite bad.
Old 2017-11-29, 17:36   Link #21110
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Good overall stats? They are lower than Kuma or Nagara's for Christ's sake!
To add insult to the injury, Kuma and Nagara ARE cheaper to run than the Agano. But, noooo, the Agano are fine and their kai ni can wait, no problem, sir
Old 2017-11-29, 18:25   Link #21111
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
To add insult to the injury, Kuma and Nagara ARE cheaper to run than the Agano. But, noooo, the Agano are fine and their kai ni can wait, no problem, sir
Oh, not only that. The Aganos' consumption is higher than that of the Sendai-class Kai Ni as well. The absolute top of the CL group (Jintsu) consumes 25/35. Kuma is at 25/30. The Agano-class is at 30/40. Now that isn't the world. Just serves as further proof that the balancing between the classes and the remodels is completely out of whack for CLs, more so than for any other class in my opinion.
Old 2017-11-29, 19:39   Link #21112
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Personally I'm more interested in what Tama Kai Ni will be. A CLT like her younger sisters, a utility one like the Nagara girls or just a simple upgrade in stats like Jintsuu? Whatever she will become would likely be a hint of what their big sis would be too.

IIRC there were plans to make the historical ship a minelaying cruiser, though these were eventually shelved. How such a function would translate in the game is hard to say. One idea comes to mind though: laying mines in the map at the start of the battle so that there will be a chance that non-CV(L/B) Abyssals will take damage when attacking. An amusing idea, to me at least =3

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-29, 20:01   Link #21113
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
IIRC there were plans to make the historical ship a minelaying cruiser, though these were eventually shelved. How such a function would translate in the game is hard to say. One idea comes to mind though: laying mines in the map at the start of the battle so that there will be a chance that non-CV(L/B) Abyssals will take damage when attacking. An amusing idea, to me at least =3
One (dangerous) extension of that idea could be a mine field node but that could create a new nightmare for us.
Old 2017-11-29, 20:08   Link #21114
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Personally I'm more interested in what Tama Kai Ni will be. A CLT like her younger sisters, a utility one like the Nagara girls or just a simple upgrade in stats like Jintsuu? Whatever she will become would likely be a hint of what their big sis would be too.

Likely has something to do with the Winter Equipment.

Old 2017-11-30, 06:02   Link #21115
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Oh, not only that. The Aganos' consumption is higher than that of the Sendai-class Kai Ni as well. The absolute top of the CL group (Jintsu) consumes 25/35. Kuma is at 25/30. The Agano-class is at 30/40. Now that isn't the world. Just serves as further proof that the balancing between the classes and the remodels is completely out of whack for CLs, more so than for any other class in my opinion.
Other than the event maps becoming more ridiculous, like Nintendo era of "Do this to unlock that" in a game heavily relying on RNG, one pet peeve of mine about KC atm is they fcking drag their feet about giving Kai Ni.

I really cant believe it would take them so long to come up with a niche for those or just give them good ol' firepower or general stat boosts. And, with the exceptions of the artists like Aoba's or the elder Takaos (both who are no more into drawing KC stuff for reason I dont know), the artists like Konishi, Parsley or Fujikawa are pretty active. And here I am looking at classes, such as Kagerous, needing Kai Nis.

Last edited by Sheba; 2017-11-30 at 06:20.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-01, 00:21   Link #21116
Rocksmash
Trapped within boundaries

YES!! FINALLY!! Z6 S-ranked!! Now, time to actually chip the HP bar.

Images
replay for those interested
Images
fleet setup
Rocksmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-01, 10:52   Link #21117
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Been trying to get pass Abyssal Yamashiro since wednesday...

Spoiler for ...To no Avail:

Just for today to finally beat her on a random whim.

Spoiler for Fusou a Best:

Now for Abyssal Suzuduck...
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-01, 13:27   Link #21118
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
Been trying to get pass Abyssal Yamashiro since wednesday...

Spoiler for ...To no Avail:

Just for today to finally beat her on a random whim.

Spoiler for Fusou a Best:

Now for Abyssal Suzuduck...
I understand your anguish REALLY well. Still stuck on Abyssmal Yamashiro.

@strigon: What equipment did you put for your Fusou battleships, mine were just COMPLETELY lazy in doing their artillery spotting DESPITE AA supperiority

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-01, 13:54   Link #21119
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
I understand your anguish REALLY well. Still stuck on Abyssmal Yamashiro.

@strigon: What equipment did you put for your Fusou battleships, mine were just COMPLETELY lazy in doing their artillery spotting DESPITE AA supperiority
To be fair, both Fusou and Yamashiro NEVER did DA despite getting AS at boss in all the other runs. This was one rare ocassion, plus boss support took 3 DDs and 1 Ru-class at the start so there was less targets for my girls (didn't helped Shigure got Taiha'd by a PTSD imp).

BB equip was:

Fusou: Triple 41cm +3, 41cm +4, Yasen Plane, Kyoufuu
Yamashiro: Triple 41cm +3, 41cm +3, striking force FCF, Zuiun 12
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-01, 13:56   Link #21120
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
To be fair, both Fusou and Yamashiro NEVER did DA despite getting AS at boss in all the other runs. This was one rare ocassion, plus boss support took 3 DDs and 1 Ru-class at the start so there was less targets for my girls (didn't helped Shigure got Taiha'd by a PTSD imp).

BB equip was:

Fusou: Triple 41cm +3, 41cm +4, Yasen Plane, Kyoufuu
Yamashiro: Triple 41cm +3, 41cm +3, striking force FCF, Zuiun 12
So Ap shell not recommended then?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
browser game, dmm, ship girls