AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Old 2011-05-07, 23:55   Link #41
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
Alto described his distaste for Brera as "hate."
It still isn't to the extent of the hatred Isamu held for Guld, mostly because Brera never ruined Alto's life, and they don't know each other.

Quote:
I think I was in more reference to the "Myung holds feelings for Isamu" bit. But yes, I had that feeling when Guld touched her shoulders and she looked frightened.
There are other moments like this one, but you have to pay attention to catch them. Isamu complains about Guld's memory problem quite a few times.
Quote:
Well that doesn't excuse them from not telling him he was the one at fault. Though I agree that unless Myung was the one to tell him, he wouldn't trust ISAMU's words.
It was a mental disorder that he had to take pills to repress. Both of them knew this.

Spoiler for off topic:

Quote:
Like I said, it could be the difference in the gender. Women are obviously more prone to be understanding and calm unlike men. Why do you think women are more level headed in stressful situations regarding work whilst men tend to fly off the handle? Ranka is much more understanding than Guld could ever be. She was also calmer. When it came to fighting against her best friend for Alto's heart, she did so fairly and accepted her defeat. Guld did not do this and flew off the handle.
I don't know which Ranka you're talking about here but I'll assume its tv series Ranka. TV series Ranka was never shown to be much of an understanding person, nor was she shown to have the capacity to accept rejection. She simply wasn't that mature.

You're also not helping with the impression that you can't talk about anything in Macross without somehow putting Ranka in the equation even when there is no comparison.
wisteria233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-08, 00:36   Link #42
MichiNekoChan
::::D

Send a message via AIM to MichiNekoChan
oh trainwrecks, why can't I ever stop watching them?

Anywho, all of this is making me interested in watching other Macross series. (I've only seen Frontier)

Now how to get my hands on it is a different question all together.... TO THE INTERNET!

PS - continue spoilerifying. I don't mind it. (it actually makes me want to watch things more)
MichiNekoChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-08, 02:13   Link #43
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
Are you sure it's really correct to say that Zentraedi are "naturally aggressive"? Most of the ones living aboard the Frontier seemed to have no problem keeping their tempers in check. Hell, Nene is a shrinking violet (which makes me wonder why the heck she's part of a military units, but that's another issue).
Short answer, yes.

But, you need a reason to be angry. The Zentran denizens of Frontier had little to no reason to be aggressive. Then again, these Zentrans are probably what you call domesticated Zentrans.

However, as indicated in Frontier, there are Zentrans who prefer their old lifestyle, a soldier's life in battle fleets, as opposed to colonial fleets.

During Space War I, the Zentradi were created not only to be giants, but had their DNA reconfigured in macro form to be more aggressive, and prone to combat. When micloned, changes to their DNA were retracted, but this process was imperfect, thus resulting in a variety of changes depending on the individual.

In the case of Guld, it probably resulted in 0 changes.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2011-05-08 at 02:45.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-08, 18:01   Link #44
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiNekoChan View Post
PS - continue spoilerifying. I don't mind it. (it actually makes me want to watch things more)
You should. Macross Plus is one of the better Macross stories out there in my opinion.

It also has a stellar soundtrack. And for me, before there was Aimo, there was Voices. Voices > Aimo. Always.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-08, 23:55   Link #45
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
You should. Macross Plus is one of the better Macross stories out there in my opinion.

It also has a stellar soundtrack. And for me, before there was Aimo, there was Voices. Voices > Aimo. Always.
Agreed.

It's also one of the best animation they'd ever pulled out besides Do You Remember Love. It's the first Macross movie where I felt they gave any effort in both movie and series, as Frontier is the newest and yet it doesn't look as amazing as Escaflowne (the movie) or Sousei no Aquarion (the series + movie). Only in the first movie of Frontier does it seem to show near the end more improvement on fighting scenes.

I'm a fan of Megumi Nakajima, but I agree. Voices is defiantly more amazing than Aimo.
Old 2011-05-09, 00:16   Link #46
Tak

Quote:
I'm a fan of Megumi Nakajima,
I met her in person, and I STILL cannot believe she is older than May'n...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2011-05-09, 03:08   Link #47
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I met her in person, and I STILL cannot believe she is older than May'n...

- Tak
If I met you in person, you wouldn't believe I'm 19. I've gotten compliments that I look like I'm 14. I feel a lot like Ranka right now: misread.
Old 2011-05-09, 09:06   Link #48
Tak

Quote:
I feel a lot like Ranka right now: misread.
I really don't know why you want to compare yourself to Ranka... but one thing I am sure, she is not misread.

- Tak

Old 2011-05-09, 10:08   Link #49
magnuskn

Quote:
I really don't know why you want to compare yourself to Ranka... but one thing I am sure, she is not misread.

- Tak
I think after three years of discussion we got a pretty good handle on her personality, yeah.
Old 2011-05-09, 13:08   Link #50
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Ahh, Voices~
So enchanting. I'd listen to it all day than all the versions of Aimo combined.
Old 2011-05-09, 13:24   Link #51
kujoe
from head to heel

There were a few times when I heard Voices being played in a Japanese restaurant along with other non-OST anime songs. I had to make sure I was hearing it correctly at first.

Did Voices become mainstream enough in Japan or something? Well, if that's not the case, I would have to commend whoever made their mix CD.
Old 2011-05-10, 10:59   Link #52
Westlo
Lets be reality

Ah Voices.... the song Aimo wishes it was.

And what has become of this thread... slandering the good of Macross+ with Ranka and Brera *throws up*

Also Movie > OVAs... and Idol Talk is the bomb.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-10, 11:05   Link #53
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Also Movie > OVAs... and Idol Talk is the bomb.
Opening space battle from the OVA > pretty much anything added to the movie version...even Lucy's butt.

But yes...Idol Talk is indeed the bomb.
Old 2011-05-10, 12:26   Link #54
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
Opening space battle from the OVA > pretty much anything added to the movie version...even Lucy's butt.
Which puzzles me up to this day as to why the opening battle was never included... would have made more sense to the movie, really.

- Tak

Old 2011-05-10, 12:35   Link #55
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Which puzzles me up to this day as to why the opening battle was never included... would have made more sense to the movie, really.

- Tak
Well...I'm not sure if this is the real reason or not (and you may already know this), but the movie was written before the OVA, so they wrote the other scenes later...and maybe just never revised the movie script...
Old 2011-05-10, 13:14   Link #56
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

And here I always thought the movie version was the later one...

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-10, 13:22   Link #57
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Nah, the four OVA were originally intended as a movie. The decision to split it into 4 occurred later.

- Tak

Old 2011-05-10, 14:49   Link #58
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Goes to show you how much I know. I used to think the movie was the later product, since it did boast of added scenes, and all that jazz - as I recall. I might be misremembering it, tho.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-10, 18:46   Link #59
kujoe
from head to heel

If I'm not mistaken, Macross Plus was originally written as one movie, but it later turned out to be a 4 episode OVA miniseries. In terms of release however, the OVAs were released first.

It was later remade and compressed into movie length later on, as was originally intended, albeit with some new scenes.
Old 2011-05-10, 20:37   Link #60
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
It's a weird situation...they planned it as a movie first, but the higher-ups decided that it would be better to release an OVA first, to build an audience for the movie. So yeah, as Tak said, the movie was written first, but the OVA series came out before it.

The impression I get (I haven't found any proof yet, alas) is that the "new" scenes in the movie were there originally, and thus are actually "old" scenes. I don't think those scenes were actually animated until after the OVA was completed, though.