AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-11, 08:59   Link #81
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

No most likely just 5 more flashback chapter and then its back to the main storyline . Kubo was taking a 2 month break from HM arc
Old 2008-04-11, 09:03   Link #82
Irkalla
I asked for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mists View Post
I'm a bit confused...are we only going to get back to the main story after 105 more chapters!?
lol ur quite a masochist, aren't you
Old 2008-04-11, 09:41   Link #83
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mists View Post
I'm a bit confused...are we only going to get back to the main story after 105 more chapters!?
I won't complain. The Vaizards are what interest me the most in the series, and finally, we're getting a look at where it all began. Seeing Mayuri in this chapter makes me think even he was somehow involved with them. Thinking back to the SS arc, his behavior when Sousuke was discovered as a traitor seems more interesting. He claimed he didn't want to get involved when Nemu asked him if he would go and fight. At the time, it seemed like that was a fitting reaction for someone who didn't care about anything besides his experiments. But it could also be a part of some scheme Urahara cobbled up. Later, Urahara tells Isshin that the Vaizards are preparing for battle, and Mayuri didn't want to get his hands tied up in all of it because he knew this matter was between Aizen and Shinji when it came right down to it.
Old 2008-04-11, 10:51   Link #84
miguelou

Location: Everywhere I've been living in 13 cities and 5 countries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
No most likely just 5 more flashback chapter and then its back to the main storyline . Kubo was taking a 2 month break from HM arc
I'll have no complains if KT ended doing a 105 chapters of this ^^
Old 2008-04-11, 11:19   Link #85
mugenTaichou
Sanity, you say?

I don't mind flashback as soon there is a plot development and adding a fragments of whole picture. Also, there is some kind of plot-twist which makes Bleach fans to think about it and disscus.

Btw, anyone of you who is following Naruto manga, did someone notice:

Spoiler for Naruto spoiler... don't ask what is doing here =.=:

Old 2008-04-11, 11:27   Link #86
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugenTaichou View Post

Spoiler for Naruto spoiler... don't ask what is doing here =.=:
Spoiler for :

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Old 2008-04-11, 11:43   Link #87
Sci-Fi

Could be some of the stronger SS members have hollow powers naturally...something like Ichigo has been showing/developing, and Vaizards were an experiment to give 'normal' SS members that additional power. Maybe a few couldn't turn back and were either killed or exiled to HM. Lot of speculation out there.
Old 2008-04-11, 11:46   Link #88
BleachOD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sci-Fi View Post
Could be some of the stronger SS members have hollow powers naturally...something like Ichigo has been showing/developing, and Vaizards were an experiment to give 'normal' SS members that additional power. Maybe a few couldn't turn back and were either killed or exiled to HM. Lot of speculation out there.
Could be...but doubt it. A Hollow is born when a normal pluses chain of fate erodes or it is taken over my another Hollow. If your summation were true..It would cancel out everything we know about Hollows so far.

See...I knew Urahara was the man...I have been saying it for years. Kisuke pwns all!
Old 2008-04-11, 12:45   Link #89
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Quotes from the chapter:
Quote:
"Essentially it relates to those who join the Gotei 13, but it is subsequently judged that through their thoughts or their actions, they could become a danger to their fellow shinigami, or otherwise a hindrance to the proper running of the division itself."

"Once a person has qualified to become a member, incompatibility or nonconformance are impermissible.... .....
That's why those who are judged as possible incompatibilities, that is, so-called dangerous elements are secretly processed under pretext of withdrawal..."
Some quotes from Urahara's description of the maggot's nest. Any selective bolding is my own. Sounds to me like a classic thought police. Not simply locking up those who are dangerous to others or mutineers, but rather a sinister rooting out of any potential troublemakers. Hiyori looked a bit shocked in this chapter too.

But anyway, that's just my opinion.I suppose it could be justified as all for the greater good and need for order :P. If that's order though, I'd prefer anarachy. Still, since Mayuri is a legitimate psycho.......for him I have no sympathy.

Note: As always, subtle translation changes would alter my impression.

But apart from my repetitive flogging of the "SS is evil" point, I gotta say Urahara was really cool here. The man has some awesome combat calm. And I just love this potential pairing between Mayuri and Urahara. I mean, we may think one is "good" and the other "evil". But why do I get the feeling that Urahara could be just as casual risking lives for his experiments as Mayuri is later? It's just a vibe I get that the two are more alike than they first appear.

One more interesting point......Urahara said it was their job to "catch" the dangerous members as well. So he wasn't just a jailer.........he would have had to actually track down and subdue these people, without drawing any attention at all. Having also seen the hand combat from Kisuke, I sense he's got some serious stealth ninja skills up his sleeves. This is , after all, the man who came up with a technique as sneaky as gigai substitution.

Last edited by Amirali; 2008-04-11 at 13:18.
Old 2008-04-11, 13:56   Link #90
miguelou

I wonder how is possible that Mayuri it's the twelve division captain nowdays if he was a dangerous soul in SS (I know Urahara offered him a trade but I cann't believe that Yamamoto has agreeded to something like letting free a dangerous and powerful shinigami like kurotshi)
Old 2008-04-11, 14:04   Link #91
War_Lord
Modern Philosopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Apparently. Of course, in a real fight they would both have their zanpakuto.

But I guess everyone from the 2nd division is expected to excel at hand-to-hand combat techniques to the point that they can easily handle themselves without a sword.
But now that he mentions it, maybe that's partly the reason why Kenpachi isn't imprisoned, lol. I can't imagine anyone pwning him with bare hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
I currently think that it is possible in both ways. If there is a respect included within that title, then there is the chance of it being caused by seniority. (If I remember correctly, Urahara used the same for Isshin, who may indeed be a senior for him.)

Just so you know, he added san to Hiyori's name in this chapter.
Old 2008-04-11, 15:33   Link #92
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

As far as Mayuri being a "productive" member of the Gotei 13 after being "held" could be easily explained by the usefulness of the inventions he and Urahara creates.

From what we've seen, I don't think the 12th division was research based prior to Urahara's promotion. That being said it appears the innovations that occurred made the Gotei 13 realize the need for such a specialized division
Old 2008-04-11, 16:02   Link #93
miguelou

yeah, you're right. but mayuri is a mad soul almost worse than a hollow
Old 2008-04-11, 16:12   Link #94
9TailsOfDestruction
Taicho

I enjoy these flashback chapters because they give insight on some of the questions we all have had for so long. But, is there going to be 105 more flashback Chapters? Is Kubo counting down from 108 to 1 lol that would suck cause that would be 2 more years of flashbacks lmao
Old 2008-04-11, 16:20   Link #95
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Wasn't there already a Chapter -16 for Hitsugaya? I don't think we'll cover them all in this particular flashback, though I hope I'm wrong.
Old 2008-04-11, 16:26   Link #96
WinterSerenade

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9TailsOfDestruction View Post
I enjoy these flashback chapters because they give insight on some of the questions we all have had for so long. But, is there going to be 105 more flashback Chapters? Is Kubo counting down from 108 to 1 lol that would suck cause that would be 2 more years of flashbacks lmao
I don't think so...and yes that would suck majorly But I would much rather have 108 chapters of flashbacks that help contribute to the plot than a bunch of chapters of all out fighting and bashing :P
Old 2008-04-11, 16:46   Link #97
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by amirali1985 View Post
Some quotes from Urahara's description of the maggot's nest. Any selective bolding is my own. Sounds to me like a classic thought police. Not simply locking up those who are dangerous to others or mutineers, but rather a sinister rooting out of any potential troublemakers. Hiyori looked a bit shocked in this chapter too.
1984 ftw, but this also reminds me of Stalin's purges. Anyone suspicious would be removed simply due to paranoia.

Quote:
But anyway, that's just my opinion.I suppose it could be justified as all for the greater good and need for order :P. If that's order though, I'd prefer anarachy. Still, since Mayuri is a legitimate psycho.......for him I have no sympathy.
Some people yes, but Mayuri alone, and maybe the random giant that attacked Urahara, aren't proof enough that everyone there is legitimately batshit insane. And besides, being locked up in a dungeon virtually nobody knows about could make anyone go crazy. Under extreme circumstances, people could kill others for food.

Quote:
But apart from my repetitive flogging of the "SS is evil" point, I gotta say Urahara was really cool here. The man has some awesome combat calm. And I just love this potential pairing between Mayuri and Urahara. I mean, we may think one is "good" and the other "evil". But why do I get the feeling that Urahara could be just as casual risking lives for his experiments as Mayuri is later? It's just a vibe I get that the two are more alike than they first appear.
Well, they are associated to the same division after all, and Urahara probably needed someone ruthless like Mayuri to do Urahara's dirty work so he could carry out his experiments. I'm thinking about the Hougyoku here. I doubt Kisuke just woke up one day, made a stone and decided this will make hollows. I think creating that stone required more than just solid rock. It could have required an innumerable amount of spirit power and the best way to get that was through live souls, kind of like the Philosopher's Stone from FMA. It grants powers beyond the limits of a Shinigami/Hollow just as the PS grants immortality and superhuman capabilities in relation to Alchemy (the Homunculi and one other I'd rather not mention for fear someone would kill me for spoiling it). For that, Urahara needed Mayuri.

Quote:
One more interesting point......Urahara said it was their job to "catch" the dangerous members as well. So he wasn't just a jailer.........he would have had to actually track down and subdue these people, without drawing any attention at all. Having also seen the hand combat from Kisuke, I sense he's got some serious stealth ninja skills up his sleeves. This is , after all, the man who came up with a technique as sneaky as gigai substitution.
I never have and never will doubt Urahara's skills. For me, he's always been on par with the best of them, such as Shunsui, Ukitake, and maybe even old man Yama.
Old 2008-04-11, 17:24   Link #98
miguelou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedan View Post
I never have and never will doubt Urahara's skills. For me, he's always been on par with the best of them, such as Shunsui, Ukitake, and maybe even old man Yama.
Maybe he is even stroger than them but his good nature (don't complian) made him to step back from the upper ranks ^^
Old 2008-04-11, 17:32   Link #99
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

A strange Theory pop in my head:

Isshin instead of being the Former captain of any of the squads or form Squad 0 was actually a immate at the maggot's nest. In exchange for helping Urahara, Urahaha let him out. Later when Urahara was exile, he Urahaha undetectable Gigi to escape. That is how he lost his powers.
Old 2008-04-11, 17:37   Link #100
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
A strange Theory pop in my head:

Isshin instead of being the Former captain of any of the squads or form Squad 0 was actually a immate at the maggot's nest. In exchange for helping Urahara, Urahaha let him out. Later when Urahara was exile, he Urahaha undetectable Gigi to escape. That is how he lost his powers.
How do you explain Isshin's Shinigami and captain robes?
Closed Thread