Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2014-03-23, 19:24   Link #1301
bakapervert
A pervert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Just because the vampire race was wiped out in the past doesn't mean they were weak. I mean they did set up the scorpion / two guardians as precautions for the seal. It probably took a decent expedition of them to seal her but they did manage it. Usually vampires in fiction are really strong but have small numbers anyway.
They also shouldn't be that strong considering they can't kill Yue and need to seal her. Yet they were able to go to the secret level of Orcus dungeon and then setting a guardian that was pretty tough even Yue's high level attack can only hurt it badly. It sounds pretty strange and quite inconsistent now that I think about it.

Spoiler for last chapter:
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-23, 20:07   Link #1302
bludvein

Cmon, Yue's imprisonment is pretty far down on the list of things to be elaborated. Maybe they bargained with someone else(read: Devils) to do the sealing. I doubt we will ever find out, considering Yue doesn't seem to remember her sealing that well due to shock. The scorpion monster wasn't that impressive to begin with. It was only a threat to Yue because of magic depletion.

About the devil, stat wise I'd say she is probably a bit above Kouki's party right now(although I don't have anything solid to base this on other than gut feeling), but not so much as to offset their number advantage. The real problem is the devil's magic operation, which gives a huge advantage in speed.

What I'm really worried about is if this is a prearranged ambush, with the "wolf-in-sheep's-clothes" backstabbing them and kidnapping Kaori as part of some sort of contract.

Last edited by bludvein; 2014-03-23 at 20:28.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-23, 21:26   Link #1303
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakapervert View Post
They also shouldn't be that strong considering they can't kill Yue and need to seal her. Yet they were able to go to the secret level of Orcus dungeon and then setting a guardian that was pretty tough even Yue's high level attack can only hurt it badly. It sounds pretty strange and quite inconsistent now that I think about it.

Spoiler for last chapter:
This raises an interesting question. I can't imagine an entire kingdom of magical creatures lacked the power to fire off a spell capable of vaporizing Yue, or that they couldn't just wear her down by, I don't know, stabbing her in the face over and over.

And as I recall, the fall of the vampires took place soon after they sealed Yue. Any chance this "betrayal" was a ruse to protect her?
Old 2014-03-23, 21:52   Link #1304
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
This raises an interesting question. I can't imagine an entire kingdom of magical creatures lacked the power to fire off a spell capable of vaporizing Yue, or that they couldn't just wear her down by, I don't know, stabbing her in the face over and over.

And as I recall, the fall of the vampires took place soon after they sealed Yue. Any chance this "betrayal" was a ruse to protect her?
Very much doubt it. If it was, they wouldn't have set up the scorpion to 'finish' her off in case she got out. The story more or less implied the vampires were strong while Yue was presumably the Queen of the country as she was practically invincible back then, but once her 'use' was over, her retainers betrayed her and her uncle usurped the throne. Surrounding countries probably took this chance to attack the vampires now that their source of invincibility was gone.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-23, 22:16   Link #1305
CNine
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Connection View Post
Very much doubt it. If it was, they wouldn't have set up the scorpion to 'finish' her off in case she got out. The story more or less implied the vampires were strong while Yue was presumably the Queen of the country as she was practically invincible back then, but once her 'use' was over, her retainers betrayed her and her uncle usurped the throne. Surrounding countries probably took this chance to attack the vampires now that their source of invincibility was gone.
then why after vampire clan betrayed Yue they were extinct?
CNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 01:12   Link #1306
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNine View Post
then why after vampire clan betrayed Yue they were extinct?
Like I've said, Yue was their source of invincibility. It was incredibly stupid of them to betray her. Once she's gone, all their enemies probably just ganged up on the vampires and took them down.Of course, this is just my belief, but if I was the leader of their enemy I would just jump on them once they are weakened.
Old 2014-03-24, 01:25   Link #1307
Xacual

Her uncle and retainers were probably afraid that she would be upset that he usurped the throne despite her own words that she honestly didn't care too much about it. The kind of guy that would usurp a throne from the rightful heir is probably the type that was paranoid and seeing shadows that didn't exist. Also it's possible that they used Yue's power to get down to that floor, I mean Yue didn't know she was being sealed down there, so it's possible she was helping to clear the way for the expedition.

There's really only one reason I can think of for the Devil(I think this works better since demons are also the random monsters) female to be there is to be scouting out the "heroes" that the humans summoned. The fact that she alone made it this far into Orcus already implies she's pretty powerful, unless she has some other troops with her who are out of sight right now. The Devils seem to know about Hajime now, though it seems like Aiko was their target in the case of the attack on that town but Hajime's defense of the town should be known to them now. It will be interesting if the Devil lets slip something like how Kouki and them don't really compare to "that other human that showed up".

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 02:24   Link #1308
teejmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
The scorpion monster wasn't that impressive to begin with. It was only a threat to Yue because of magic depletion.
Now, now, don't bash on Mr. Scorpion that much. Chances are it was the second strongest monster in the entire dungeon, considering Hajime couldn't do anything against it until Yue drank his blood and made fire rain down from heaven to melt the scorpion's outer shell - and it still survived that. That shell became material for Schlagen, which saved Hajime's life when facing the Hydra. All in all, Mr. Scorpion was pretty powerful - at least in defense.

All the records of the humans show vampires being extinct three hundred years earlier, and Yue is 323. So yeah, it's almost a guarantee that the betrayal against Yue, who was the strongest vampire, probably put the final nail in the coffin for the vampires.
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 08:39   Link #1309
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejmo View Post
Now, now, don't bash on Mr. Scorpion that much. Chances are it was the second strongest monster in the entire dungeon, considering Hajime couldn't do anything against it until Yue drank his blood and made fire rain down from heaven to melt the scorpion's outer shell - and it still survived that. That shell became material for Schlagen, which saved Hajime's life when facing the Hydra. All in all, Mr. Scorpion was pretty powerful - at least in defense.

All the records of the humans show vampires being extinct three hundred years earlier, and Yue is 323. So yeah, it's almost a guarantee that the betrayal against Yue, who was the strongest vampire, probably put the final nail in the coffin for the vampires.
What was funny is that Hajime had the perfect counter to the scorpion and didn't know it until afterwards. Since its shell counted as an ore he could've stripped it off with transmuting and taken care of it easily. At least he learned that lesson, since it was one of the first things he tried when Tio proved so durable.

...and yeah, the vampires got bitch-slapped by karma. Their near-genocide might've been prevented if they had their "monster."
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 09:02   Link #1310
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
What was funny is that Hajime had the perfect counter to the scorpion and didn't know it until afterwards. Since its shell counted as an ore he could've stripped it off with transmuting and taken care of it easily. At least he learned that lesson, since it was one of the first things he tried when Tio proved so durable.

...and yeah, the vampires got bitch-slapped by karma. Their near-genocide might've been prevented if they had their "monster."
They were complete idiots. I wonder what sort of person Yue was before she got betrayed. She seems like the unambitious type who doesn't really care when her throne got usurped. Her retainers could have easily been the power behind the throne if they had her rule has a puppet ruler instead of giving the throne to her uncle.I wonder just why did they do it? She's easily controllable and uber strong.
Old 2014-03-24, 10:16   Link #1311
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Like I've said, Yue was their source of invincibility. It was incredibly stupid of them to betray her. Once she's gone, all their enemies probably just ganged up on the vampires and took them down.Of course, this is just my belief, but if I was the leader of their enemy I would just jump on them once they are weakened.
Where did you get that from? I didn't know she could make others invincible as well...
Old 2014-03-24, 16:25   Link #1312
Guest2

If you think of it as Yue's strength is what protected her people you should get the meaning. She didn't literally give the invincibility but like their song shield and sword.

With the demon clan skulking about exposed after trying to hide their footsteps, it seems likely we'll learn they got their new ability to tame multiple monsters from clearing another dungeon, and are now their trying unlock the secrets of Orcus. I'm surprised I was close about the demon clan side story but totally didn't expect it to be linked to the class' side story. If they do happen to fight it'll be interesting to see how well they do. The upgraded barrier, and also the multi-magic combo they pulled off seemed impressive enough.
Guest2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 16:54   Link #1313
Joey226

The vampires were probably doomed with or without Yue. Those gods or whatever probably would have caused something bad anyways. She might have been locked up and betrayed because she ruined their fun.

Last edited by Joey226; 2014-03-24 at 17:13.
Joey226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 18:04   Link #1314
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Where did you get that from? I didn't know she could make others invincible as well...
By making her people invincible, I meant making the vampire race as a whole undefeatable. She's a living weapon of mass destruction that cannot be killed unless her magic runs out.A country that possesses her probably could not be defeated by any opponent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey226 View Post
The vampires were probably doomed with or without Yue. Those gods or whatever probably would have caused something bad anyways. She might have been locked up and betrayed because she ruined their fun.
There's isn't any evidence to suggest the gods did it. It was her people who locked her up.
Old 2014-03-24, 19:06   Link #1315
XFire
150% done

Quote:
By making her people invincible, I meant making the vampire race as a whole undefeatable. She's a living weapon of mass destruction that cannot be killed unless her magic runs out.A country that possesses her probably could not be defeated by any opponent.

There's isn't any evidence to suggest the gods did it. It was her people who locked her up.
There is a slight inconsistency with that. If she was some kind of nuclear deterrent, then how did they seal her in the first place? And since the scorpion was meant to kill her, that would mean they were capable of creating beasts stronger than her.
Old 2014-03-24, 19:22   Link #1316
blankerer

well going back to his usage of Bing to translate..... she didn't resist.

and either Orcus was somehow still alive or he had disciples or something is my fail guess cause of the guards at the door and if someone broke the seal.
blankerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 19:42   Link #1317
Xacual

Quote:
There is a slight inconsistency with that. If she was some kind of nuclear deterrent, then how did they seal her in the first place? And since the scorpion was meant to kill her, that would mean they were capable of creating beasts stronger than her.
The scorpion wasn't a threat to her at normal strength though, it was only a threat because when she was unsealed she was basically totally drained of power. Look how easily she took care of it once she drank some blood. Hajime told her to leave the rest to him, she probably could have finished it off herself.

Also like I said in a previous post, she might have been helping the expedition get that far into Orcus. Just because they turned on her and sealed her once they got that far doesn't mean she wasn't helping up to that point.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2014-03-25, 01:33   Link #1318
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
The scorpion wasn't a threat to her at normal strength though, it was only a threat because when she was unsealed she was basically totally drained of power. Look how easily she took care of it once she drank some blood. Hajime told her to leave the rest to him, she probably could have finished it off herself.

Also like I said in a previous post, she might have been helping the expedition get that far into Orcus. Just because they turned on her and sealed her once they got that far doesn't mean she wasn't helping up to that point.
Being the unambitious type, she also does not seem to be suspicious of their motives either.
Old 2014-03-25, 03:37   Link #1319
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I can't understand why people here can't seem to accept that Yue's uncle is just a paranoid ursurper and her people are ungrateful short-sighted bastards. This kind of villain is the usual one in real life, of course not in fantasy anime or manga where they must be some sort of conspiracy just to make their plot looks more interesting with their so called "twist" (after seeing so many twists, I discovered that most of them are simply imitations of others).

If Yue were the one who lead her people on the expedition to that level before being betrayed, could it be that her people were wiped out "right" after they betrayed her and couldn't protect themselves from monsters in the dungeon? That'd would karma!
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 04:04   Link #1320
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
If Yue were the one who lead her people on the expedition to that level before being betrayed, could it be that her people were wiped out "right" after they betrayed her and couldn't protect themselves from monsters in the dungeon? That'd would karma!
Well considering from what we know the only way out is to continue forward and downward to the bottom, it's likely they were all wiped out. It's even possible that the magic they cast to seal her and create the guardians for the seal cost some of them their lives to set up the powerful magic.

Tags
baka yuusha, chuunibyou, complete, demons, dimension traveling, fantasy, firearms, harem, isekai, magitech, rabbitgirl, summoned, true harem, tsundere male mc, webnovel