AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-12-07, 19:22   Link #19561
CrystalStarlight95
Miss Kimi

Then EP3 couldn't have been real, then? Ange's 1998 is a continuation of the EP3 world, I'm pretty sure...

Oh, and by the way...

Battler: Like, zoinks!!

"Were you not listening, Kimi-chan? Knox's 7th: It is forbidden for the detective to be the culprit."
CrystalStarlight95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 20:08   Link #19562
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
And they'd trap Beatrice by dropping a net on her.

Honestly, if he did this as one of the fake endings I'd be very pleased, but I'm not sure how popular Scooby-Doo is in Japan. It's certainly an intolerable watch for a fan of mysteries though, so much so that the recent series makes fun of the ridiculous engineering skills of all of its perpetrators.
I think we could be surprised. It might have more of a following in Japan than we think it does.

The newer cartoon isn't really Scooby Doo though it's "Scooby doo, as told, by people who hated the original Scooby Doo". That's what people who have watched it have told me anyway.
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 20:21   Link #19563
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Man, that new Scooby Doo show is fucking terrible. It makes me want to kill everyone involved in it's production.

BTW, Scooby Doo was immensely popular in Japan in like the 80's.
Old 2010-12-07, 21:04   Link #19564
Kealym

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalStarlight95 View Post
Then EP3 couldn't have been real, then? Ange's 1998 is a continuation of the EP3 world, I'm pretty sure...

Oh, and by the way...

Battler: Like, zoinks!!
I dunno.

It is currently my assumption that the Ange we were presented with exists about as much as Lion exists. Even their usage by Bern is fairly similar - a "specifically prepared" piece introduced to throw the detective for a loop. There exists the possibility that "Natsuhi accepts her baby", and we get Lion. There exists the possibility that "Eva survives, but her relationship to Ange is notably cold", and we get ANGE. To extend this, there exists the possibility that "Erika Furudo survives her fall from the ship, and washes up on Rokkenjima", and we get our favorite little loli detective.

Honestly, while I'm still a holdout for a totally stupidly sweet happy ending (I just want everyone to go home, damnt ), I would feel a little cheated as a reader if it came to "Well, everyone was having tea in the parlor and passive aggressively discussing how to slice cheese, but, suddenly, EPIC EARTHQUAKE OF DOOM!!!".
Kealym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 21:20   Link #19565
CrystalStarlight95
Miss Kimi

LOLOL, YES!

I just don't know how Ryu07 is gonna do these different endings! And what choices are they gonna ask you to make?

Oh no! Battler has met the culprit! What should he do?

A. Kill the Culprit
B. Reason with the Culprit
C. Marry the Culprit
D. All of the Above!

XDD (And yeah, the new Scooby Doo sucks more than ever. Just stick to the original old reruns, dammit!)

"Were you not listening, Kimi-chan? Knox's 7th: It is forbidden for the detective to be the culprit."
Old 2010-12-07, 21:32   Link #19566
Ayu-ayu
a.k.a. Akari_House

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Man, that new Scooby Doo show is fucking terrible. It makes me want to kill everyone involved in it's production.

BTW, Scooby Doo was immensely popular in Japan in like the 80's.
I don't know anything about the new show so I looked it up on Wikipedia and the list of episodes lists the title of the final episode as:

"When the Cicada Calls"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...rated_episodes

WTF.

(MyAnimeList banner on hiatus until I bother to update my MyAnimeList status again...)
Ayu-ayu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 21:37   Link #19567
DaBackpack
Blick Winkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayu-ayu View Post
I don't know anything about the new show so I looked it up on Wikipedia and the list of episodes lists the title of the final episode as:

"When the Cicada Calls"

WTF.
I KNEW IT, this prank is even more elaborate than 8-Bit Theater's conclusion!

Also, time paradox.

At any rate, new Scooby-Doo sucks. But it's like the Umineko anime: it never happened, right?

...Right?
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 21:37   Link #19568
CrystalStarlight95
Miss Kimi

Quote:

"When the Cicada Calls"

WTF.
.....What....the....hell.........?

Quote:
...Right?
It's okay, man. Pull yourself together! It..NEVER...happened. *twitch*

Old 2010-12-07, 21:40   Link #19569
Redriel
Chaos Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayu-ayu View Post

"When the Cicada Calls"

WTF.
Dude, you solved umineko
EP8 it will be a "When the Seagulls Calls"

Last edited by Redriel; 2010-12-07 at 21:51.
Redriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 22:06   Link #19570
Ayu-ayu
a.k.a. Akari_House

This must be Bern, then...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulaDQ-2gsak&NR=1

(MyAnimeList banner on hiatus until I bother to update my MyAnimeList status again...)
Ayu-ayu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 22:47   Link #19571
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

In fairness to the newest Scooby series, it has a Mind Flayer murdering Harlan Ellison, which I've hoped would happen to him for years now. I do wonder if they're actually doing a Scooby-Doo Higurashi parody. That would be incredibly meta.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 22:59   Link #19572
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
I can't even fathom how a producer would get the idea to parody a show that their target audience most likely has never seen.
Old 2010-12-08, 00:04   Link #19573
Kylon99

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
I can't even fathom how a producer would get the idea to parody a show that their target audience most likely has never seen.
If they get Gainax to animate, they will. :3 Umineko would be horribly, horribly broken forever... but at least it will be hillarious!
Kylon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 06:14   Link #19574
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
"It was old man Kinzo the whole time!"

"I wouldn't put it past him."

"And I would've gotten away with it if it hadn't been for you meddling kids... and your witch."
I snorted because of the bold line.
Old 2010-12-08, 07:06   Link #19575
Cao Ni Ma

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalAura View Post
A possibly meaningless data point: including Ange, there are 13 people in the Ushiromiya family ranking, and Amakusa's given name means "13". Ange herself isn't the 13th in the ranking though, if I understand the rules correctly.
Kyrie would be the 13th person actually if you include Kinzo, Ange and Battler in the dining table. So it could be Battler alluding to Kyrie, Ange's mother and possibly his own.
Cao Ni Ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 10:25   Link #19576
lambdabern
Magical Cheff

While i was reading ep 4 there was a scene that i found very interesting.The scene were kinzo converses with the 3 siestas.Everyone's been thinking that the siestas symbolise guns because of the golden "snake".When i read that scene i noticed something.It was EXACTLY like talking to battler's 3 cousins.I mean when kinzo was scolding them talking about a certain thing in their lifes that lead them to answer as they did i noticed how similar the story about 410 was with jessica's story.Then i also noticed that 00 matched with maria and 45 with george.Then if you think about it 00 did not appear ine ep 3.Could that be because maria was dead?And what about 556?I think this one refaired to yasu since it might have been as well as the only hint to a dead cousin along with the whole "battler's mother" story.And the other siestas could symbolise the different personalities of yasu.Sorry if it's been said before but i just couldn't resist sharing it with everybody.
Old 2010-12-08, 10:59   Link #19577
Cao Ni Ma

What episode and chapter was it with the cousins and the conversation actually? Was it in EP4 as well?
Cao Ni Ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 11:51   Link #19578
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

That conversation is after the dinner thing, but before the Beatrice balcony scene, I believe.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 12:24   Link #19579
Yopee
Zurajanai! Katsura da!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambdabern View Post
While i was reading ep 4 there was a scene that i found very interesting.The scene were kinzo converses with the 3 siestas.Everyone's been thinking that the siestas symbolise guns because of the golden "snake".When i read that scene i noticed something.It was EXACTLY like talking to battler's 3 cousins.I mean when kinzo was scolding them talking about a certain thing in their lifes that lead them to answer as they did i noticed how similar the story about 410 was with jessica's story.Then i also noticed that 00 matched with maria and 45 with george.Then if you think about it 00 did not appear ine ep 3.Could that be because maria was dead?And what about 556?I think this one refaired to yasu since it might have been as well as the only hint to a dead cousin along with the whole "battler's mother" story.And the other siestas could symbolise the different personalities of yasu.Sorry if it's been said before but i just couldn't resist sharing it with everybody.
I thought 410's answer was more like Kanon. Picking the second choice to kill love because it won't work out in the end. Weird how Kanon decides not to give up in ep4 though.
00 does end up going uuuuuuu like a certain uuuushiromiya loli does but other than that, don't see the connection to Maria.
Dunno how 45 reminds you of George.

Other way I look at Siestas + RonoWaluGaap:
Kinzo summons three playboy bunnies.
First twilight, six people die.
Kinzo summons three more (RonoWaluGaap).

Kinzo summoned a total of six characters, same as first twilight number. Three came after the first twilight happened - three people died and came back to life or in other words, faked?
Yopee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 13:21   Link #19580
lambdabern
Magical Cheff

Let me explain my reasoning.When 45 answered kinzo told her that she is worthless and that she isn't even worth an ant plus that she cannot choose a goal for her own life.We know that ain't completely true but that is how kinzo viewed george.Next the way he answered to 00 is probably supposed to aim at her realtionship with rosa where she is forced to answered as told and doesn't deserve to live.We know kinzo hated maria and he hit right at the point where it hurts.And don't forget what he said about an old wound caused from seeing the death of an old friend.If that doesn't mean sakutarou it's pintless.As of 410 you have a point in saying that she is more likely to be conncected to kanon.But i think that ain't true.When he said dissapointed by love he probably does not mean that you cannot love.It probably points to when jessica was brokenhearted by kanon's answer in ep 2.I believe hers and kinzo's words represent her though at her time alone in her room.All of this is still only my though o the scene.But i'm probably not off.