AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Gurren-Lagann

Notices

View Poll Results: Gurren-Lagann - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 91 67.41%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 20.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 7.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 3.70%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.74%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-26, 18:26   Link #81
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quina View Post
At least he bring Spiral King back!~ The best thing he did EVER!
Yes, because every show needs a talking head.
Old 2007-08-26, 21:34   Link #82
U<3Anime
Boo!

J-ARK!!!!

Haven't watched it yet, but i assume the gattai is going to be similar right? xD
Old 2007-08-27, 00:54   Link #83
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyougaElliot View Post
^LOL.

Gainax is destroying teh universe. Curses!
If im not mistake, this is the third time Gainax has broken the Universe, first time it was Evangelion, then Diebuster, and now GL.

"Gainax. Breaking the universe in every imaginable way, since 1996."

Keep up the good work!

Old 2007-08-27, 01:27   Link #84
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Lurking for quite a bit.

Have been amazed by the sort of coincidences that have been written in for the characters.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-08-27, 01:27   Link #85
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by U<3Anime View Post
Haven't watched it yet, but i assume the gattai is going to be similar right? xD
Sort of.

It's just as awesome as the J-Ark and King J-Der's first appearence, though.
Old 2007-08-27, 04:34   Link #86
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Thoughts:
- All that's left is for Genome to reveal that the Earth and the Sun are giant Ganmen, too.
- Rossiu stays true to his short-term risk adverse self.
Old 2007-08-27, 06:21   Link #87
Meatrose
Antihero

This episode was truly amazing. In fact... the only thing I didn't like was the interaction between Simon and Nia. I sooo hope that Gainax won't go "cheesy-ending" on our asses with an ending that is completely "happy". Yes that's correct... I don't want Nia to survive. Best-case-scenario would be if Simon had to kill her himself. *crossing fingers*
Old 2007-08-27, 06:37   Link #88
Dave1988
Kick reason to the curb!

Send a message via MSN to Dave1988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatrose View Post
This episode was truly amazing. In fact... the only thing I didn't like was the interaction between Simon and Nia. I sooo hope that Gainax won't go "cheesy-ending" on our asses with an ending that is completely "happy". Yes that's correct... I don't want Nia to survive. Best-case-scenario would be if Simon had to kill her himself. *crossing fingers*
Won't gonna happen imo. Nia's death would be Simon's ultimate failure.
Old 2007-08-27, 06:57   Link #89
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1988 View Post
Won't gonna happen imo. Nia's death would be Simon's ultimate failure.
Yeah, I know it probably won't happen. I guess it's only wishful thinking. Nia is the only character in the show that I disliked from the start, and I was so happy to see her turn into a villain.

I must disagree with you though, Simon's ultimate failure would be the fall of those he once liberated - in other words, the fall of mankind.
Old 2007-08-27, 06:58   Link #90
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatrose View Post
Another one who doesn't want Nia to live. Bring it on. We'll see who gets the last laugh. Mwahaha. (In case you didn't know already, I'm Pro-Nia)

Edit: To tell the truth, since it's Gainax, Nia's survival rate is still 50/50. Who knows what kind of orgasmic shit they're going to come up with.
*thinks Eva, Diebuster.
Old 2007-08-27, 08:29   Link #91
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
You have underestimated Gainax's ability in producing GOOD END.
In episode 1; there are no Gurren-dan people on board Simon's ship and also Boota isn't with him. He has not won the war yet, so implying that Nia is still not with him.

Doing it Gainax style, I think that ep1 flash might happen over 100 years from now after Simon gain immortality from Spiral King. All Gurren-dan members has died of old age or retired, whos know the vice captain might be Viral's son! lol Don't know about what happen to Nia if thats the case though, she might also stop aging after turning Anti-Spiral. Welcome to GOOD END Mahoromatic style.

There are also some clues from Gainax's interview saying that - "The final arc will move very fast. So fast that other arc are slow compared to it" - or something like that... moving fast? herher sure, how about 100 years time skip.
Old 2007-08-27, 08:48   Link #92
7Th
Mixtape

Gainax will probably go all “time dilatation” on us, meaning there is no "time-skip" per se for Simon...
Old 2007-08-27, 08:53   Link #93
Kirarakim

Quote:
In episode 1; there are no Gurren-dan people on board Simon's ship and also Boota isn't with him. He has not won the war yet, so implying that Nia is still not with him.

How do you know there are no Gurren-dan members on the ship? We didn't even see anyone to make that assumption.

Not to mention I am almost 100% sure that I heard both Viral's and the Spiral King's seiyuu in the flash forward. I guess that doesn't necessarily mean anything because they are both immortal (Lord Genome is a computer so he is not going to die).

And on a side note I also vote for Nia living. I am not saying I want a cheesy end but I am sure they can come up with something cool and still have the guy save the girl.
Old 2007-08-27, 09:00   Link #94
Midonin
Last Engage

That's no moon....it's a battleship. Let's see the Death Star do that.

Needless to say, this episode pushed awesome to new levels. Viral's quips to Leeron, all of Gurren Lagann's new drill attacks, Arc-Gurren-Lagann (hell yeah!), and just about everything else. Rossiu looks like a bigger idiot every time. The thing with Nia was interesting and left some stuff open for later on, and I have a suspicion that we may be seeing Moon Gurren Lagann next. The final episodes ahead...I can't wait.

9/10. I'd write more, but the episode said everything for itself, really.
Old 2007-08-27, 09:05   Link #95
koenosaki

This episode was the best I saw so far - perfect, perfect, perfect...

The only thing I missed was the usually simon goes epic song like at the end of episode 21 or the rise of simon in episode 22. But the gattai made it good, so awesome. Viral and simon both giving a speech on a background was funny

Eventually simon will be the one who's right. Anti-spirals can think what they want but humans/beasts got legs to stand up again everytime they fall. They can't beat the spirals, kamina, viral, lord genome, kittan, yoko, etc... They'll all prove it

Btw someone mentions of the serie ending with huge timeskip leaving only simon with maybe other characters?

Nah, I can't believe that. There's a reason for viral being in the gurren,... Rossie has to back into common sense, etc... So I think we'll have a time skip but as big as the one we already had
Old 2007-08-27, 09:25   Link #96
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
You know, if Nia dies in the end, I'm fairly certain Simon will die along with her.
Old 2007-08-27, 09:25   Link #97
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
How do you know there are no Gurren-dan members on the ship? We didn't even see anyone to make that assumption.

Not to mention I am almost 100% sure that I heard both Viral's and the Spiral King's seiyuu in the flash forward. I guess that doesn't necessarily mean anything because they are both immortal (Lord Genome is a computer so he is not going to die).

And on a side note I also vote for Nia living. I am not saying I want a cheesy end but I am sure they can come up with something cool and still have the guy save the girl.
Spiral King and Viral VA are not in the flash forward. There are 2 male voices and 1 female excluding the vice captain during the scene, none of the VA are Viral's nor Spiral King.

Status reporting on Gurren-dan ship always done by one of the four people: The glasses girl one of the 3 sis, the glasses guy in OP who seems to always eating something, another glasses girl with a short hair or Leeron. None of their voices are heard during the scene as well.
Not to mentioned there is no speech from beam-spam kun eventhough a huge cannon is about to be fired. There are noone standing on the deck as well other than Simon and his vice captain: normally
Gurren-dan has 1-2 standers like Yoko or Kittan. If Gainax are very careful about their animation during that flash; I don't think you are seeing the old Gurren-dan member there.
Old 2007-08-27, 09:58   Link #98
Kirarakim

Quote:
Spiral King and Viral VA are not in the flash forward. There are 2 male voices and 1 female excluding the vice captain during the scene, none of the VA are Viral's nor Spiral King.

Well sometimes it's hard to distinguish voices when you are hearing a lot at once but I am almost positive that I heard Nobuyuki Hiyama. His voice always stands out to me. This is also why I thought that Viral was going to join the gurren-dan in the first place because I heard him in that scene. It's the second voice that you hear. It could be someone else but it sounds like him to me.

I admit I am not as certain about Lord Genome's voice (I thought it was the 4th voice I heard) because I just noticed it the other day when I was re-watching the scene. So maybe that's not him.

Some people were saying Simon's seiyuu was different when it is obviously the same one (the guy just has great range).

And keep in mind that Viral is immortal so even if your theory is correct he could very well still be there.
Old 2007-08-27, 10:16   Link #99
Archer

I am positively certain that I heard Yoko during that scene.
Old 2007-08-27, 10:22   Link #100
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
It would be funny if all the voices from the flash forward were just placeholders to keep us from knowing the futures of characters who aren't Simon.
Closed Thread