AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2008-11-24, 18:06   Link #321
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

First, I don't really think you need to seal the mouth-cannon kind of ability. It is itself a weapon with the side-effect of eliminating particle crossing if needed. That weapon can be used to guard inside the mouth, it won't be a lot different than the guard Moria used on Odz. For instance, when you want to use its offensive power, you can unseal the protector you used on the weapon. Just assume it as a guard when needed kind of system. At times it may solely rely on cyborg ability, which is still powerful, and at other times, combine DF with cyborg ability. In my opinion that is pretty deadly to allow the body operate in any kind of condition imaginable. Can even be used to destroy someone like BB, especially if the momentary cyborg-based offensive power is strong enough.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 18:46   Link #322
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I would agree with you...if we were talking about Devil Fruit powers in a Cyborg body. A zombie-cyborg, though, would have the zombie half neutralized/purified by the salt in the water, simply leaving the cyborg/robotic side to operate the body. And, If you seal off the mouth, so as to prevent salt from being directly absorbed, then you also seal away one of the primary offensive abilities, the mouth-canon. In the end, the combination seems to be less beneficial than just using the regular cybog body or upgrading completely to use robots.

The Pacifistas can already shoot beams from their hands as well, though. Remember PX-1 (the Pacifista that appeared with Sentoumaru)? Mouth beams are not necessary for cyborg zombies. And as far as the risk of them falling into the sea and losing their shadows goes, I could see Vegapunk creating some sort of special sea-proof armor for the zombie Pacifistas, as long as it's not heavy enough to render them immobile....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 19:04   Link #323
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
The Pacifistas can already shoot beams from their hands as well, though. Remember PX-1 (the Pacifista that appeared with Sentoumaru)? Mouth beams are not necessary for cyborg zombies. And as far as the risk of them falling into the sea and losing their shadows goes, I could see Vegapunk creating some sort of special sea-proof armor for the zombie Pacifistas, as long as it's not heavy enough to render them immobile....
Weight doesn't seem to be much of an issue for cyborgs, thouogh. Franky can still swim, and I'd imagine that he's pretty damn heavy.
OtseisRagnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 19:07   Link #324
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtseisRagnarok View Post
Weight doesn't seem to be much of an issue for cyborgs, thouogh. Franky can still swim, and I'd imagine that he's pretty damn heavy.
So is a battleship.
Its all about design; when you have the freedom to construct something from scratch, adjusting as you go, the possibilities can go as far as the creator themself can imagine.

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

"Your playing small does not serve the world, there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

"We were all meant to shine as children do.

"It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 19:11   Link #325
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNhite View Post
So is a battleship.
Its all about design; when you have the freedom to construct something from scratch, adjusting as you go, the possibilities can go as far as the creator themself can imagine.
Exactly, strength and buoyancy are more important.
And also, why shouldn't they be made of seastone(I think that's what it was called)? They're onlyreplicating DF abilities, not actually consuming DFs, and will most likely encounter DF-users in battle, so...
Old 2008-11-24, 19:29   Link #326
marvelB

Quote:
And also, why shouldn't they be made of seastone(I think that's what it was called)? They're onlyreplicating DF abilities, not actually consuming DFs, and will most likely encounter DF-users in battle, so...

I once thought the Pacifistas were made of a seastone alloy myself, but the fact that Kuma himself is a DF user kinda debunks that theory. It looks like some different metal is used for their alloys. Whether or not it's as strong as diamond remains unknown right now.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 19:32   Link #327
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Exactly, strength and buoyancy are more important.
Are you trying to make the One Piece equivilant of a sentinel?

Quote:
Whether or not it's as strong as diamond remains unknown right now.....
That post is great Marvel; with Mr.1 about to return to the storyline, I could definitely see a scene like this play out when he meets Zoro again:

Zoro: Oi, you were right-
Mr1: Hmm?
Zoro: (Raises severed Pacifista arm) I did cut diamond...
Mr1: (Smiling) Well... shit.

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

"Your playing small does not serve the world, there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

"We were all meant to shine as children do.

"It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 19:59   Link #328
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I once thought the Pacifistas were made of a seastone alloy myself, but the fact that Kuma himself is a DF user kinda debunks that theory. It looks like some different metal is used for their alloys. Whether or not it's as strong as diamond remains unknown right now.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNhite View Post
Are you trying to make the One Piece equivilant of a sentinel?
True, but what's to stop the WG from making a Pacifista out of Seastone? Diamond, on the other hand would be an intriguing development in and of itself.
Seastone/diamond alloy, anyone?
Old 2008-11-24, 22:43   Link #329
Slayerx

Quote:
True, but what's to stop the WG from making a Pacifista out of Seastone? Diamond, on the other hand would be an intriguing development in and of itself.
Seastone/diamond alloy, anyone?
two possible factors... rarity and how easy it is to work with
Seastone has been said to be very rare; as useful as it is, you don't find many that have a weapon made out of it... the marines seem to use of their seastone in the creation of ships for the calm belt, prisons, and nets... not to mention that smoker may have a weapon with seastone, but only enough to cover the tip of it... but if the marines have that much, they should be able to spare enough for a few cyborgs...

how easy it is to work with is another possible factor... can it be melted down and shaped like a metal or is more like a diamond which is a stone that is very hard to work with... the ships may not have bottoms made OUT of seastone, but normal bottoms that are lined with seastone

if you consider seastone more like something like diamond then a metal, then it becomes easier to understand why you would not see a sword made out of seastone; just as it would be impossible to make a sword out of diamond... and armor would also be too difficult to make out of diamond
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-25, 11:35   Link #330
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
two possible factors... rarity and how easy it is to work with
Seastone has been said to be very rare; as useful as it is, you don't find many that have a weapon made out of it... the marines seem to use of their seastone in the creation of ships for the calm belt, prisons, and nets... not to mention that smoker may have a weapon with seastone, but only enough to cover the tip of it... but if the marines have that much, they should be able to spare enough for a few cyborgs...

how easy it is to work with is another possible factor... can it be melted down and shaped like a metal or is more like a diamond which is a stone that is very hard to work with... the ships may not have bottoms made OUT of seastone, but normal bottoms that are lined with seastone

if you consider seastone more like something like diamond then a metal, then it becomes easier to understand why you would not see a sword made out of seastone; just as it would be impossible to make a sword out of diamond... and armor would also be too difficult to make out of diamond
Well, back in the Baratie arc, there was that guy, Pearl with Kreig. While he was a total pansy, he proved that rare stones can be used to create armor. Oda is a big fan of unnoticed foreshadowing, so... maybe this was an example of that?
Old 2008-11-25, 13:26   Link #331
Rainbowman

Not that I'm impatient, but isn't there supposed to be a post for the next chapter today this week?
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-25, 14:50   Link #332
Rinji
Mew...
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Rinji
Well they were super early last week, they may be somewhat late this week...

or maybe..... THERE ISN'T ONE THIS WEEK!?!?!?
Rinji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-25, 15:32   Link #333
kari-no-sugata

On average, the last few months, we've been getting first spoilers on a Wednesday... so not long to go.
Old 2008-11-26, 00:23   Link #334
Slayerx

Quote:
Well, back in the Baratie arc, there was that guy, Pearl with Kreig. While he was a total pansy, he proved that rare stones can be used to create armor. Oda is a big fan of unnoticed foreshadowing, so... maybe this was an example of that?
Not really... his armor was not made out of pearl, it was made out of normal metals... he just embedded pearls into the metal. It makes for an effective blunt weapon, but the pearls were not really armor

Don Kreig did something similar with a gauntlet that had a large diamond embedded in it to act as weapon. Don kreig was a big fan of having awesome armor, but he settled for that metal armor instead of trying to make armor out of diamond... i don't think diamond could be worked like that to actually make armor out of.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-16, 02:31   Link #335
wakuka
Lil' meanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakuka View Post
Well in Sanji's case since he hates Okama, he will just keep running and running away from them and he will train his legs by doing that LOL! =3
looking back 8 years, I was so right about this xD
Old 2016-12-16, 12:17   Link #336
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakuka View Post
looking back 8 years, I was so right about this xD
If we still had the reputation system, I'd give you a virtual cookie for that!