AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-12, 22:29   Link #16241
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Nobody's forcing anyone to join.
Well, child errors don't have much of a say do they?

About Aleister's replacement, I'd say Kumokawa might be a good one. Otherwise, Tabitake could find whom AC needs best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
... Likewise, the main ally of the good guys right now is Bridway who's no saint herself.
It's a good thing she isn't, imagine the power she would have...
Old 2012-01-12, 22:35   Link #16242
Eratas123

Okay, I really didn't mean "Saint" in that context
Old 2012-01-12, 22:49   Link #16243
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
Fair enough.

Quote:
About Aleister's replacement, I'd say Kumokawa might be a good one. Otherwise, Tabitake could find whom AC needs best.
The same thing would still happen, if you're too soft you'll just be taken advantage by International pressure and other occult groups, if you're too cold, then eventually you'll become another villain.

Kumokawa is smart, but you need more than that otherwise Einstein would have been President... Even if Tabitake brings in someone new, that person still have to deal with a number of board directors fighting for power.

Basically it's not a quick fix solution that could remain long term.
Old 2012-01-12, 22:54   Link #16244
Eratas123

What about Accelerator He's pretty smart and he wouldn't get pushed around consodering what he's capable of.
Old 2012-01-12, 22:59   Link #16245
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
What about Accelerator He's pretty smart and he wouldn't get pushed around consodering what he's capable of.
He's also an amoral bastard.
Old 2012-01-12, 23:04   Link #16246
leukrota

Quote:
Kumokawa is smart, but you need more than that otherwise Einstein would have been President...
Well, there are different types of smart people, Kumokawa's strength lies in pulling strings which is a lot more useful than being a science genius... But thinking again, that might not be enough for this case, especially without a vast knowledge of the Occult.

Perhaps only Birdway could replace him, and she would probably be more tyrannic...

Quote:
He'd waste a lot of resources in "loli" protection programs.
Old 2012-01-12, 23:11   Link #16247
jalvin_billster1091
Arcaneus Magi

Quote:
He'd waste a lot of resources in "loli" protection programs.
That is what i'm thinking of as well!!

"err.... excuse me Superintendent Accelerator, what is the next order of bussness?"

" THE LOLI PROTECTION PROGRAM!!"
Old 2012-01-12, 23:13   Link #16248
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Perhaps only Birdway could replace him, and she would probably be more tyrannic...
You are tottally wrong if you're comparing her with the most evil magician.
Old 2012-01-12, 23:17   Link #16249
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
On that note, why is he the most evil magician? Did Kamachi even say yet?
Old 2012-01-12, 23:33   Link #16250
Twi

Quote:
Kinda makes you wonder what'll happen to Academy City by the time the series ends.
I doubt it'll be in one piece...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
^ I don't care about Academy City. I'm more concerned about the millions of "freaks" they'll leave out.
Well, let's see....
1.) They'll probably be rounded up and experimented on
2.) Discriminated and seen as...well freaks, causing them to resort to crime to survive, etc...Basically X-Men or S-Cry-ed

Quote:
Most likely they'll stay in some kind of New/Better Academy City. If Aleister goes down, Heaven Canceller can take his place and it'll most likely be better than being under the leadership of a troll.
.....You are waaaaay too optimistic to believe that. This series is far too dark for that.

Quote:

A nicer person doesn't always make for a better Leader.

And If Academy City crashes and burns here's what's going to happen- Every other Nation is going to want to get their hands on their technology and that includes the Espers. They'll probably be capture and dragged overseas to be experimented over and over. Radical Magicians might want to kill them off to prevent the spread of Science power or just control them for themselves.
Exactly.
Quote:
^ That's pretty dark That'll make for a pretty shocking swerve if that happens.
Not really, it's actually the most likely Scenario in a lot of cases. There's no safe places for Espers outside of AC.
Quote:
That's why I don't understand why some people want to get rid of Aleister and Academy City, don't they know what would happen without them? You want to replace Crowley you damn sure better hope the person you put in charge can fend off the rest of the world.
Chaos, you and I see eye to eye on that.
Quote:
The series seems to become more grey as it goes on. Crowley might be a necessary evil to keep Academy City going, but he fully allows things like the Level 6 experiments and the parameter list along with the fact that his plans are unknown. Likewise, the main ally of the good guys right now is Bridway who's no saint herself.
There's no such thing as all good and all bad. Touma himself does what he thinks is right by his own standards, he only looks like a hero from an outside perspective and doesn't really care what others think.
Quote:

It's a good thing she isn't, imagine the power she would have...
Child Errors really don't...you'd think AC could easily hunt down the parent...but then they'd run out of test subject...Accelerator is probably one too...
Old 2012-01-12, 23:39   Link #16251
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Kuroi already made a point but also I mean a tyrant in the sense of being absolutist, even Aleister plays ball with the board of directors whereas Birdway would bypass them completely, at least that's how I'd think she would rule.
Old 2012-01-13, 00:05   Link #16252
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I'm still fresh from all the Tsukasa-moe from watching Amagami ep2 so I'll make this short...

Quote:
I've thought of that as one of my possible end scenarios. But that would require more character development than he has right now. I mean the guy barely pulled himself out of emoland trying to save one girl, and that's when he knows he's doing a good thing. Imagine what happens if he's being put in a situation where he has to be responsible for millions of lives.

He doesn't have the mental fortitude for that yet in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
On that note, why is he the most evil magician? Did Kamachi even say yet?
Aleister Crowley has been known as the most evil man in the world before this series even started, it's not an Index thing.

I think it was when I'm reading Batman Arkham Asylum (Graphic Novel), the founder of the Asylum had also referred to Aleister Crowley as the most evil man in the world.

They played chess together.
Old 2012-01-13, 00:11   Link #16253
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

Here's a terrible idea. Hamazura in a leadership position. Funny thing is, he actually has a lot of experience...
Old 2012-01-13, 00:11   Link #16254
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubix91 View Post
Here's a terrible idea. Hamazura in a leadership position. Funny thing is, he actually has a lot of experience...
Drawing straws again?
Old 2012-01-13, 00:17   Link #16255
Daft

Whoever attains System will be the next general superintendent. Attaining a position that can explain creation to humanity and help enlighten them would be the best figure to lead, no? That was the "reason" behind creating a Lv.6 after all. Why not make the alleged purpose behind Academy City a reality? It would be a nice turnaround to all the lies from the darkness .
Old 2012-01-13, 00:20   Link #16256
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Aleister Crowley has been known as the most evil man in the world before this series even started, it's not an Index thing.

I think it was when I'm reading Batman Arkham Asylum (Graphic Novel), the founder of the Asylum had also referred to Aleister Crowley as the most evil man in the world.

They played chess together.
That still doesn't tell me why he's considered the most evil man in the world in Index.
Old 2012-01-13, 00:28   Link #16257
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
That still doesn't tell me why he's considered the most evil man in the world in Index.
Probably the same reasons why he's called the most evil man that ever lived in our world.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...8175120AAubZjP

That, and it's 20th century "sensationalism journalism".
Old 2012-01-13, 00:28   Link #16258
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
One of the greatest magicians going over to the Science Side and trying to take over from there. It's like the Archangel Michael going over to Lucifer and taking up the war against Heaven with the aim of establish a new era that brings the downfall of God Himself.
Old 2012-01-13, 00:30   Link #16259
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Probably the same reasons why he's called the most evil man that ever lived in our world.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...8175120AAubZjP
That doesn't convince me. At all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
One of the greatest magicians going over to the Science Side and trying to take over from there. It's like the Archangel Michael going over to Lucifer and taking up the war against Heaven with the aim of establish a new era that brings the downfall of God Himself.
This one, however, I'll buy.
Old 2012-01-13, 00:35   Link #16260
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:

A nicer person doesn't always make for a better Leader.

And If Academy City crashes and burns here's what's going to happen- Every other Nation is going to want to get their hands on their technology and that includes the Espers. They'll probably be capture and dragged overseas to be experimented over and over. Radical Magicians might want to kill them off to prevent the spread of Science power or just control them for themselves.
But of course, our heroes won't let THAT happen, LOLZ. And an army of adolescent espers actually makes a competent army. Sure foreign students will be pulled out. But I see the majority of the students of more prominent schools will try govern themselves, retaining AC's City School status.

I see each district will have one "ruling" school, the most prominent school. Each student president of each ruling school of each district is a member of AC's governing "Council". "For students, by students." The place to decide which school rules the district is AC's city-wide sportsfest.

Sorry for the rant LOLZ >.>
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen