AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-08-17, 13:03   Link #9261
LeoXiao
思想工作

What I played before World of Tanks came out

hey, the tank even had an autoloader!
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 14:31   Link #9262
Pen3

Don't know if I want to get the E5 or grind my JTiger to buy the JE100 instead. I been busy now that I got a job and only doing the 300k mission and logging off.

Looks like i won some gold

FV215b (183)
Mozam 1641
Banki77 1595
CrunchyPickle 1554
BaronIsh 1518
Snypa 1515
lonemedic 1506
SuperCPI 1491
Brandx51 1481
Yenny 1460
Pen3 1454

Last edited by Pen3; 2013-08-17 at 17:37.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 18:01   Link #9263
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Does the tank perform well for you? Does it net you a lot of damage and kills per match or make you win a lot? Or is it simply fun to play?

Ask yourself these questions before you decide to sell a tank. Also take note that some tanks lead to multiple tanks (e.g. both the M4 Sherman and T1 Heavy Tank are researched from the M3 Lee), and you might like to keep them for the moment so you can grind them for another tank in the future.
I killed 5 tanks using Panzerjager I(and I got Ace tanker and master gunner for that ). Currently, I`m using Marder II because I`m trying to get StuG III.

I was damned to use a T82 because I do not know how to properly use its full potential(I`m getting a Hellcat and I`m keeping a T18)
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 19:18   Link #9264
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

E5 is a great all rounder but a pain in the ass if you grind for it... I mean look at how long UTE is taking. Which is the best way to get tier 10s and enjoy them without having painstakingly grind is to free com the shit out the in between tiers. But overall worth the tank since they said it was a commonly used cw tank. Though you could just as same get a mbt like the Leo I or T62A, which are good tanks but will blow up within mind of exposure. Frankly I've having fun in the Maus trolling like episode 11... but lately I don't have time to even log on so I uninstalled on the desktops and will reinstall after I fixed my laptop. In the meantime I have just been watching anime try to catch up before fall anime comes out in around October.

But before I uninstall I am halfway to getting the trolling E100 and IS 4. Hopefully will be back before new anime season/series come out.

As for the Hellcat best line to get there is the M10 wolverine line becuz it does better than the turreted line becuz the T49 has a knack of blowing up alot in matches more than it's M10 wolf counterpart.
Old 2013-08-17, 19:22   Link #9265
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
E5 is a great all rounder but a pain in the ass if you grind for it... I mean look at how long UTE is taking..
I have had it for almost two weeks now.

However, I don't feel compelled to use it very much.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 19:25   Link #9266
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

See that's how bad grinding is... but the good thing is that you have a good crew already finishing or starting it's 2nd or 3rd perks.
Old 2013-08-17, 21:15   Link #9267
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Frankly I've having fun in the Maus trolling like episode 11...
The lack of arty since 8.6 coupled with normalization changes have made me actually consider getting the Maus some time in the future.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 22:34   Link #9268
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Well you'll need alot of gold rounds, becuz its already a fact that german tanks depreciate pen in their guns once you hit tier 10. It will suck if germies get another nerf in the guns, cuz i pretty much need to be within 200 meters if i want to kill something, cuz the gun is inaccurate, slow reload, slow traverse, only way to play it is a mid range brawler... ironicly i'm already a gold user on the germy tanks at tier 9 an 10, so it makes no difference to me. One Tip of advice is not to take too much dmg went on gold, cuz u will lose creds, even tho it suppose to be gaining something, don't know wat the break point of it is, since dps is good enough make it work especially on prem acct, crap i'm wasting prem acct days... meh i guess i don't care anymore. yeah anyways, if u do end up getting one and just use AP on it then GL making it work. I have an impossible time using AP for anything higher than tier 8.

From wat mr. jiggles says, AP = T8, APCR = T9+, HEAT = Arty
Old 2013-08-17, 22:58   Link #9269
Gravitas Free Zone

Played two games with the partially-upgraded Centurion. First game was a Steppes loss, though I did just under 3000 damage with the second cannon. Second game was a win, but I didn't get to do nearly as much fighting. And my accuracy is about 95% over 50 shots fired.

The OQF 20-pdr should be a decent improvement, since right now the OQF 17-pdr Gun Mk. VII is reminding me of the Panther guns, where I'd hit things many, many times and only shave off tiny bits of HP.

So, this happened.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

My team did win. It would have been terribly dishonoring if they had lost.

This also happened.

Images

They took surprisingly little damage, but as usual that was a result of taking a very long time to get going.
Old 2013-08-18, 01:11   Link #9270
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

The Sherman Jumbo remains one of the toughest lil' motherfuckers to this day.

Images
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-18, 01:34   Link #9271
LeoXiao
思想工作

holy shit I've played like 40 rounds of tier 8 today. Leopard von der Arbeitsgruppe A, bald gehörst du mir!
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-18, 07:26   Link #9272
Nightbat®
Deadpan Snarker

Well, managed to get the Su-152 this night (morning)

well, what can I say...?

-BOOM!-

Now THIS is what I call VII
Sure it's bone stock, horribly slow in manouvering and reload, but once baby spits...

Even against IX's I don't feel like some useless paperweight
For starters, it's cheaper to repair, and it can get me the 30 kill daily with a lot less matches and headaches

the stock gun can put a dent in most armor, anything below tier see half their HP blown away (if not more)
Even IX think twice before coming out of cover to take me on (stupid, because that gives me time to reload)
and that keeping in mind I have less armor and HP than the comet

Yeah, atm I need to make evey shot count, but at least it counts
Saving up for gunrammer and vents to really start packing (though first is an upgrade to the suspension)
Old 2013-08-18, 09:41   Link #9273
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightbat® View Post
Well, managed to get the Su-152 this night (morning)
Enjoy the luxury of pubbies actually being dumb enough to drive in front of your gun. I'm working on the Object 704 right now, and I often struggle to find a straight line of sight on the enemy that won't result in me getting pummeled with multiple shots. I've actually found myself wishing I had a turret a few times, something that rarely came to mind before I played tier 9. Such is the woe of tiers 9 and 10: your enemies are smarter, and gameplay becomes unforgiving.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-18, 09:51   Link #9274
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Ok, I have 2 incredible screenshots from 2 consecutive games this morning:

First, I take every terrible game that has been posted here and raise you this:
Images

Then the other - At least I was on the right side of this one. GG matchmaker, GG:

Images
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-18, 10:28   Link #9275
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

thats rare to get a match were ppl start shooting teammates.

kimi told me when i got the SP to plat with him the first time he invited me to teh clan, that tier 9 and 10 games will always be unforgiving, looks like it hasn't changed at all. (already know for a fact since i play tier 9 and 10 alot before i crashed my laptop) got it back up, too bad i'm in the middle of reinstalling windows updates and programs i need to run it, so i won't be back until later. kinda sux i had to downgrade to a 5400 rpm hdd that i had for a back up drive if my laptop drive did fail on me.

btw u derping or using the 76er on that jumbo? I find the jumbo's selection of guns for tier 6 poor. i feel like it need a dmg buff, or maybe add a different 76er that has more dps. playing the 105 derp so long that the 76er feel under powered.
Old 2013-08-18, 17:49   Link #9276
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

The jumbo definitely feels undergunned at times at tier 6 but you have a decent chance of surviving with its troll armor.

I think it could definitely use a buff.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-18, 18:52   Link #9277
Gravitas Free Zone

Most people used to use the derp gun with the Jumbo, but since the derp gun is an unreliable money sink after the 8.6 changes and you can't really flank with a Jumbo... the gun selection isn't so good.

Meanwhile, with the help of the 30-kill mission, I have now made back all of the credits that I spent at the beginning of the month when I bought the T110E5, Leo PTA, T-54, and Centurion.

Since the only other tank purchases I have in mind for later are the Leopard 1 and T-62A, and I'm a long way off from them, I should be able to have a decent credit store when that research finishes... sometime around Christmas... or I can go bananas the next time they have a good premium ammo or consumables sale.
Old 2013-08-18, 20:06   Link #9278
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
thats rare to get a match were ppl start shooting teammates.
Every match I enter(let`s say tier 1-5), I always get a team mate who shoot his/her at my team member(even me). It got the right track damaged before the enemy come out in my gun sight and I got mad at him(damn nooby team mate!).

I was using a Valentine AT at that time. Too bad I didnt even have a time to look for sniping spot because the track was damaged(would that make a tank move slower?)
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-18, 20:34   Link #9279
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunblade23 View Post
the track was damaged(would that make a tank move slower?)
You do not suffer any movement penalties for orange-damaged tracks, only totally-broken red tracks. Orange tracks just mean that they've taken some damage and will be broken easily if something else happens.
Old 2013-08-18, 21:11   Link #9280
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Got the Indian Panzer and have delegated my T-34-2 to doubles-only status.

IP is quite slow (I have only the 9cm gun) but the depression is a very nice surprise, I was expecting 7 or 8. Armor is supposed to be trollish but seems very paper.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks