AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2014-06-04, 12:40   Link #41
Kumagawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
The dots above the eyes and the name Kaguya are interesting similarities that others have pointed out, but I still call BS. I've never heard the name of a clan ever being named after the given name of an ancestor (maybe if the ancestor was only knwon by one name). Also, the Kaguya in the clan name isn't spelled with any kanji unlike Kaguya's name further shedding doubt on any relationship.
Unless she starts doing some freaky things with her bones and outright states that this is the case, its nothing.
And even if it is confirmed, so what? It doesn't demonstrate any forward thinking by Kishi as the clan was too minor to care about.

Sales numbers have nothing to do with this as I was talking about Kaguya's role as the final antagonist. This isn't even the right thread to bring up sales.
I was referring to why Naruto is being dragged out as it's one of Jump's best selling series with the other 2 having problems with hiatus's.

Honestly I don't see Naruto ending till either it's volume sales drop below 400thousand copies or Kishimoto dies.
Kumagawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-04, 14:02   Link #42
Divinegundam

Sounds like Archanfel turning humans into zoanoids to fight a war.
Interesting i think we may get a flash back on her and her son's which would be great.

" Yes; I watched Naruto 15 years ago, it was called Dragon Ball Z"

MY AMV of Tieria/Virtue/Nadleeh http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTKrCKoohjU
Divinegundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-04, 15:27   Link #43
Wandering Soul

Well I hope that Kaguya is the final villain and there doesn't turn out to be someone else manipulating things. I wonder what she needs an army for though. Zetsu needs to stick to just one about his origins.
Old 2014-06-04, 15:28   Link #44
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
The only thing I care about it is what Kaguya needs a Zetsu army for?! What threat is out there that Kishi hasn't shown yet? This is a plot straight out of a Naruto filler movie.

I was kind of rooting for Sakura to do something stupid and get her head crushed. Oh well.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-04, 15:34   Link #45
Slayerx

Quote:
This entire Kaguya plotline is complete BS. She was literally only a plot element introduced within the past year and suddenly she's the ultimate enemy in all of NARUTO? This makes no sense whatsoever.
No, no it doesn't. Turning everyone into her army seems so pointless when everyone is under her control. What's the point of having an army if you have nothing to fight... Though knowing that obvious plothole it seems like Kishi will interoduce random aliens/demons that have to be defeated. Hey didn't they also recently reveal that the sage had a brother? Maybe he's got a sceret army somewhere. Not even Kishi knows how much longer THAT will drag things out. It really does feel like he makes up things as he goes... "I need to milk this series for another year or two... RANDOM new Enemy!". I guess he's been getting tips from Toriyama on how to insert random new enemies; though kishi takes extra effort to make it sound like they always been involved since the very beginning despite not a shred of foreshadowing

Though I think what makes it worst is that it kind ruins a lot of the moral ambiguity. Madara's plan atleast SOME ambiguity to it; i mean, ya his plan wasn't any good for the long term, but atleast you knew that no one would ever suffer anymore, and they would all get to live their ideal lives. Its kind of a "what is reality" kind of question... If it looks and feels just like real life, you don't even know its fake, and that world makes you happy, then is it really worst than real life? Heck some people might actually prefer the eternal dream to reality.

However, now that all those people are being turn into an army of mindless slaves, its more of a mass genocide kind of thing. Completely black and white... you can't even claim she's going it for the "greater good" to fight some unseen evil since she's wiping out the human race to make her army... not to mention an army of free willed ninjas would be FAR more useful than an army of mindless slaves.

Quote:
Sales numbers have nothing to do with this as I was talking about Kaguya's role as the final antagonist. This isn't even the right thread to bring up sales.
I think he was reffering to WHY Kaguya feels like a tack on, last minute villain change. Kishi was building up to the end of Naruto when his publisher showed up and asked him to keep the series going for another year or two because they don't have another series that can take its place in terms of sales... This would led to Kishi having to pull a new enemy out of his ass to drag things out even longer(this is ofcourse just speculation). Kinda like how Toriyama kept coming up with random new bosses after ever saga to keep DBZ going... and oh my god, i just realized this could end up just like DBZ it if, out of no where, it turns out its suddenly about aliens.

Last edited by Slayerx; 2014-06-04 at 16:07.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-04, 15:49   Link #46
Shinagami
Rubiks Cube

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHollowIchigo View Post
Black zetsu, Madara tought it was his will, but it was Kaguya's will, Kaguya manifested herself with that will.

She planned all this because she know's how to, still it took many decades to do so, she manipulated madara, who manipulated Tobi, etc.

Zetsu are wood-juutsu, Kaguya can use any form she likes, she excisted before anyone else as far we know, hence ..she's the mother of SO6P.
So her plan took over a hundred years to finally manifest itself... She really has super patience. Aside from that Kaguya is extreamly powerful I just want to know how she aquired all this power beside the story of her eating the the trees fruit... Either way I don't like her being the final villain we don't even know what her motivation is she just wants some army. Why does she even need one if she is so powerful she could solo the entire world if she wanted to
Shinagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-04, 16:06   Link #47
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Though I think what makes it worst is that it kind ruins a lot of the moral ambiguity. Madara's plan atleast SOME ambiguity to it; i mean, ya his plan didn't really wasn't any good for the long term, but atleast you knew that no one would ever suffer anymore, and they would all get to live their ideal lives. Its kind of a "what is reality" kind of question... If it looks and feels just like real life, you don't even know its fake, and that world makes you happy, then is it really worst than real life? Heck some people might actually prefer the eternal dream to reality.

However, now that all those people are being turn into an army of mindless slaves, its more of a mass genocide kind of thing. Completely black and white... you can't even claim she's going it for the "greater good" to fight some unseen evil since she's wiping out the human race to make her army... not to mention an army of free willed ninjas would be FAR more useful than an army of mindless slaves.
At this point, we can't say that for sure while knowing nothing about her. Kishimoto can always pull out something like Kaguya sacrifice them because she has something even more important to protect like her homeland or the entire universe from some bigger evil. It's kind of like sacrificing the few to save the more.
Old 2014-06-04, 16:11   Link #48
Alchemist007
*Author

An army to fight her kin, the Shinigami.
Old 2014-06-04, 16:12   Link #49
Eragon
Still Alive

So, is she going to fight the Gods from the latest DBZ movie (with her army as distraction) 'cause, Goku definitely needs help.
Old 2014-06-04, 16:35   Link #50
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
At this point, we can't say that for sure while knowing nothing about her. Kishimoto can always pull out something like Kaguya sacrifice them because she has something even more important to protect like her homeland or the entire universe from some bigger evil. It's kind of like sacrificing the few to save the more.
No. She's wiping out the human race to make her army; when you sacrifice EVERYONE to "save the world" you rather defeat the purpose of saving the world... Saving the world is rather pointless if there is no one left after you are done.

Also, as mentioned, an army of free-willed ninjas is A LOT better than an army of Zetsu's. We already seen how they measure up to regular ninjas in this war and they ultimately lost. It's like Jedi's vs storm troopers; Storm troopers might give you better numbers, but a small army of Jedi's will be alot more useful. I mean characters like Naruto, Bee, Sasuke, Madara, the Kage's, and some of the members of Akatsuki, could be classified as weapon's of mass destruction. Your army of mindless clones are not much compared to guys who can blow up a small army with a single chakra bomb. I mean, imagine having Madara armed with the chakra tree with Naruto and the other ninjas acting as direct support... any evil that could get thrown at them would be wiped out.

She'd essentially be better off just coming down and telling them that there is some big nasty evil that will destroy them all, and take pains to unite them, rather than enslave them so that they can form a much less effective army. Heck Tobi rather showed that when faced with a great world ending evil, the clans CAN unite and fight. together. She'd have a more effective army, and she wouldn't have to sacrifice the human race to get it.

Last edited by Slayerx; 2014-06-04 at 17:00.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-04, 16:50   Link #51
Tachibana
タチバナ

This is what happens when you commit the most forbidden taboo and then the whole world is screwed. Anyway, looks like mommy is pissed and wishes to purge the earth of all impurities that threaten it, and I can't imagine what she would need an army for. I guess we'll have to wait and find out.

As for Hagoromo's and Hamura's descendants. The Senju, Uzumaki and Uchiha are Hagoromo's descendants. While it was not clarified that the Uzumaki were descendants of Hagoromo, Kushina did state that the Senju and the Uzumaki share a common ancestor, meaning that the Uzumakis are indeed Hagoromo's descendants. Hagoromo only wielded the Sharigan and Rinnegan, which is why the evolution of the Sharingan eventually leads to Rinnegan's awakening. However Hagoromo did not have Byakugan, so the Hyuga's cannot be Hagoromo's decendants, unless the Byakugan turned out to be an atavism.

As for Hamura Ootsutsuki, we've only saw him from behind and if you looked at his hair and color it black it, you would think he'd look like the standard Hyuga. I'm not going to go by appearances but the Hyuga are probably Hamura's decendants. While Hagoromo inherited the Sharingan and Rinnegan. Perhaps Hamura could have inherited the Byakugan and later passed on to his descendants, the Hyuga clan.
Old 2014-06-04, 17:35   Link #52
Ero-Senn1n

At last we get an almost explanation for Madara's things. He was never the scientist type like Orochimaru, so it did seem bullshit that he somehow managed to come up with a method of stealing Hashirama's cells and implanting them into himself, faking his death, and creating white and black Zetsus. Someone like Orochimaru could come up with such a thing after becoming immortal and experimenting hundreds of years long. So Madara used someone else's power, and he tought it's for free, but now he paid the price for it.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-04, 17:55   Link #53
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
He was never the scientist type like Orochimaru
Speaking of the White snake, I'm curious what his and Kabuto's paradises look like.
I take that back, I don't want any Michael Jackson scenes
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-04, 20:31   Link #54
Kumagawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
No. She's wiping out the human race to make her army; when you sacrifice EVERYONE to "save the world" you rather defeat the purpose of saving the world... Saving the world is rather pointless if there is no one left after you are done.
Humans are a transient thing in comparison to a planet and in the end completely irrelevant. Like saying what's the point of the world since the dinosaurs went extinct may as well end it then as nothing could possibly come after. /s
Kumagawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-04, 20:44   Link #55
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

ok so NOW does obito use the double mangekyou and warp everyone away? would be cool but Hamura's lineage/transmigrant is like to make an appearance...

Hamura is a girl
Old 2014-06-04, 21:21   Link #56
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumagawa View Post
I was referring to why Naruto is being dragged out as it's one of Jump's best selling series with the other 2 having problems with hiatus's.

Honestly I don't see Naruto ending till either it's volume sales drop below 400thousand copies or Kishimoto dies.
I understood that but high sales only explains the dragging out part. Changing the final villain was an independent choice as things could have been dragged out just as easily with Madara still as the main villain.

Honestly, it feels that the story hasn't really progressed anywhere in the past 2 years. Just Kishi threatening to end the series but indefinitely stalling the time to the final chapter that he supposedly planned years in advance. I'd believe it if it were Oda and One Piece but not this...
Old 2014-06-04, 22:54   Link #57
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
ok so NOW does obito use the double mangekyou and warp everyone away? would be cool but Hamura's lineage/transmigrant is like to make an appearance...

Hamura is a girl
Wow, I didn't think about that and I misled myself into believing that Hamura was the name of Hagoromo's brother. It could easily be the name of Hagoromo's wife/lover.

If I'm right Hamura literally means "rabbit village".

Or I'm confusing myself again and Hagoromo's brother is really named Hamura.
Old 2014-06-05, 01:04   Link #58
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
Hamura is a girl
Sakura Power-up in X chapters
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-05, 01:43   Link #59
BIG_BOI_JARRED
Aloha Family*

Hamura eh... Just reminded me Hamura Saimin, great now I'm hungry
Spoiler for ...:
Old 2014-06-05, 02:00   Link #60
Eragon
Still Alive

Did Kaguya use Shunpo after she threw Naruto and Sasuke ? It looked too much like the move Byakuya likes to use.

Well, now at least the people are in mortal danger. That adds the much needed bite to this jutsu.

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion