AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-08, 17:47   Link #41
Sirmackerel

That scan is made of win. I hope those white shards in the top pic are chunks of the Lancelot sheared off by the Crimson Lotus's claw.

Karen's outfit in the bottom pic isn't her normal Black Knight uniform, is it? EDIT: Wait, nevermind, it is; it's just that the red headband instead of the visor makes a big difference. >_>
Old 2006-12-08, 18:12   Link #42
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Looks like the Crimson Lotus' maiden battle will be a two-ep story, possibly with ep10 ending on a cliffhanger as Lancelot enters the battlefield (preceded by CL-2 having wiped out all Britannian forces, causing Cornelia to call on Lloyd and co. for reinforcements) and ep11 ending on a statu quo, all forces draw back and reconsider the current situation.
I sure hope it goes as planned like that. It would be the best Christmas ever to have that battle going on~

Quote:
For my part I sort of prefer the third pic but that's just my tastes lighting up like a Christmas tree on steroids.
Oh don't get me wrong, i adore all the scans - the third explains the dark side of the story i think, the fire helps it. Its just that the first scan.. so god damn epic!
Old 2006-12-08, 19:34   Link #43
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirmackerel View Post
That scan is made of win. I hope those white shards in the top pic are chunks of the Lancelot sheared off by the Crimson Lotus's claw.
Judging by the scan, Kallen shattered one of Lancelot's swords.
Old 2006-12-08, 22:15   Link #44
Sirmackerel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
Judging by the scan, Kallen shattered one of Lancelot's swords.
Yeah, after taking a closer look, I realized that too. Well, that's almost as good in my book.
Old 2006-12-09, 03:12   Link #45
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Yeah, after taking a closer look, I realized that too. Well, that's almost as good in my book.
And Newtype magazine had once had a scan depicting Gundam SEED Destiny's final battle in space - with Strike Freedom and Destiny fighting out each other while sporting missing limbs, crumbling weapons and battered frames. We all know how accurate that depiction turned out to be (or not, should I say).

Take Newtype scans with a lot of salt, as the artists tend to overdo them for the sake of making a scene impressive or just for the series' promotion. However, in most cases, the main settings and overall themes turn out to be accurate, so, in short, we should indeed expect a showdown between Lancelot and CL-2, but I don't think we should guess up the battle's proceedings and outcome from the looks of a single scan. They aren't as accurate and reliable as one'd wish them to be.

Nevertheless, I'd like to reiterate my request here. Could someone please translate the next ep spoilers from the scan posted in the previous page? Thanks.
Old 2006-12-09, 04:40   Link #46
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:

Nevertheless, I'd like to reiterate my request here. Could someone please translate the next ep spoilers from the scan posted in the previous page? Thanks.
Since you sounded desperate, I would give partial translation a try... I won't be held responsible for mistakes though, since this would only be a rough translation. At the very least, those who got a headache from reading my bad translation might see fit to offer their superior services as an alternative.
(Note: I only use kanji for translations. Thus it's only natural there would be large gaps in my understanding. )

Spoiler:

... Okay, that's all I can do with my lack of any skills with katakana and Hiragana. Until REAL translators show up, this is all... Hope that's good enough.
Old 2006-12-09, 09:06   Link #47
Sirmackerel

Quote:
And Newtype magazine had once had a scan depicting Gundam SEED Destiny's final battle in space - with Strike Freedom and Destiny fighting out each other while sporting missing limbs, crumbling weapons and battered frames. We all know how accurate that depiction turned out to be (or not, should I say).

Take Newtype scans with a lot of salt, as the artists tend to overdo them for the sake of making a scene impressive or just for the series' promotion. However, in most cases, the main settings and overall themes turn out to be accurate, so, in short, we should indeed expect a showdown between Lancelot and CL-2, but I don't think we should guess up the battle's proceedings and outcome from the looks of a single scan. They aren't as accurate and reliable as one'd wish them to be.
.[/highlight]
I'm aware of that. Excuse my gushing at seeing the Lancelot getting manhandled, even if it never actually happens in the series.
Old 2006-12-09, 16:18   Link #48
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Spoiler:
Yeah, Newtype can be hit and miss but they only print what the studios give them. I remember they showed a picture of the white Nirvash type TheEND which some people thought was a mistake. Speaking of which: Karen's expression reminds me of Anemone a little. I get the impression from the preview for Stage 10 that Karen's going to lap up the power of the CL-2 at her fingertips.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Ho ho ~ look where Karen's hand is Do I see the King with the Queen on his right and his Mistress on the left?

That is one awesome illustration. Hope we can find a textless and larger version of that somewhere soon.
Old 2006-12-09, 17:14   Link #49
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post
Yeah, Newtype can be hit and miss but they only print what the studios give them. I remember they showed a picture of the white Nirvash type TheEND which some people thought was a mistake.
That isn't really comparable to a depection of a whole scene is it? i Think Renegade's example still has more weight
So therefore i dont' really expect a fight between these two opponets to be like that. Even CL2 has to receive some damage in its first sortie and it makes no sense for lancelot to have rifle in close combat either.

Anf if they make Kallen into a godKira immediately that would actually worsen her character in my eyes. She didn't really excell in the combat situations till now so IMO it'd suck if she started to tear everything apart with no sweat.

But that's gonna happen cause everyone wants it too

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Old 2006-12-09, 17:36   Link #50
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Since you sounded desperate, I would give partial translation a try...
Well, the LJ where the info came from had the author stating that he wouldn't translate that scan because he didn't like being spoiled. Since I couldn't ask there to respect his wishes I had to request elsewhere...and, well, people tend to forget certain things so I decided to beat the iron while it was still hot. Thanks for the translation, btw. I guess you translated the gist of it and it sates my curiosity for the time being. BTW, the request still stands for the other users.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmackerel
I'm aware of that. Excuse my gushing at seeing the Lancelot getting manhandled, even if it never actually happens in the series.
Not a problem. It's only that scans are not really reliable in my book as they only give an overall idea of a situation, not a precise, crystal clear and accurate snapshot of the genuine thing. I only trust the general message, not the details.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majek
Anf if they make Kallen into a godKira immediately that would actually worsen her character in my eyes. She didn't really excell in the combat situations till now so IMO it'd suck if she started to tear everything apart with no sweat.
True, however, she can more or less be excused from her previous, poor performances by the facts that she was piloting an old Glasgow against Sutherlands and a Lancelot and that episode 09 had rendered her combat inefficient due to her mother's presence in that warehouse. Given evened odds (I mean, with the CL-2 in her hands now) I guess we can hope for her true talents to come out, now that she's got the means to back up already admirable skills and determination. Suzaku started pwning left and right on his first try at the Lancelot yet he only had experience with Knightmare Frames through simulators, since Honorary Britannians don't have access to the actual mechas. Kallen does have actual experience with the real thing so it might make up for her lack of military training and the fact that Lancelot has two advantages in having a VARIS particle rifle, two Slash Harkens and two beam shields while the CL-2 only has a large claw, possibly an electric shocker (or a blunt-nosed Slash Harken, as we still don't know what that contraption actually is) in her right palm, some sort of handheld blade and kinetic energy cannon on her left arm.

Not to mention that she'll probably have Lelouch giving instructions once again, and I don't think he'll tell her when to stab, feint, duck and evade - I surmise he'll give her where to lead enemy forces into well-placed and -hidden ambushes. Episode 02 clearly showed he wasn't just run and gun, hide and wait - he uses the entire environment to take out his opponents. Moreover, the spoilers (translated by VCV, who I'm grateful to) state that
Spoiler:

Quote:
But that's gonna happen cause everyone wants it too
Well, if Lelouch's not perfect, then it can also count for Suzaku, can't it? Moreover, the current situation calls for more victories in order for the Rebellion to gain more power, credibility and political weight as well as (first and foremost) to pose a true threat towards the Britannian monarchy (which, no doubt, will be the remainder of the show's villain-to-kill, not the government at the head of Area 11). The entire institution with the Emperor at the top and not the local consulate. Lelouch won't satisfy himself with Area 11. He'll take on the big fish and mister bigwig.

As for my last point, I don't think she'll pwn Suzaku. Maybe force him to a draw and get Britannia retreating due to massive losses, an unfavorable tactical situation and a crumbling strategy on Cornelia's side. That's how I envision the outcome - both sides draw back and reconsider what the heck happened, what went wrong and how to answer the current situation...giving Zero and Co. some reprieve to get the hell out of there and strengthen up their ranks.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2006-12-09 at 17:55.
Old 2006-12-09, 20:09   Link #51
monstratboy

I am looking foward to see if Kallen uses the backhand swipe she used earlier on the bee and cork in her new frame. Suzaku uses his spinning jump kick inside his. I do feel the lotus will be inferior though as I don't think it will have the same crystal (sakurite?) technology to match the lancelot's specs. I do think its weaponry will match anything lancelot has though.
Old 2006-12-09, 21:17   Link #52
Sirmackerel

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstratboy View Post
I am looking foward to see if Kallen uses the backhand swipe she used earlier on the bee and cork in her new frame. Suzaku uses his spinning jump kick inside his. I do feel the lotus will be inferior though as I don't think it will have the same crystal (sakurite?) technology to match the lancelot's specs. I do think its weaponry will match anything lancelot has though.
It'd be nice to see the "backhand swipe" become Karen's signature move with that claw.
Old 2006-12-10, 05:26   Link #53
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Quote:
True, however, she can more or less be excused from her previous, poor performances by the facts that she was piloting an old Glasgow against Sutherlands and a Lancelot and that episode 09 had rendered her combat inefficient due to her mother's presence in that warehouse. Given evened odds (I mean, with the CL-2 in her hands now) I guess we can hope for her true talents to come out, now that she's got the means to back up already admirable skills and determination. Suzaku started pwning left and right on his first try at the Lancelot yet he only had experience with Knightmare Frames through simulators, since Honorary Britannians don't have access to the actual mechas. Kallen does have actual experience with the real thing so it might make up for her lack of military training and the fact that Lancelot has two advantages in having a VARIS particle rifle, two Slash Harkens and two beam shields while the CL-2 only has a large claw, possibly an electric shocker (or a blunt-nosed Slash Harken, as we still don't know what that contraption actually is) in her right palm, some sort of handheld blade and kinetic energy cannon on her left arm.

Not to mention that she'll probably have Lelouch giving instructions once again, and I don't think he'll tell her when to stab, feint, duck and evade - I surmise he'll give her where to lead enemy forces into well-placed and -hidden ambushes. Episode 02 clearly showed he wasn't just run and gun, hide and wait - he uses the entire environment to take out his opponents. Moreover, the spoilers (translated by VCV, who I'm grateful to) state that
Spoiler:

As for my last point, I don't think she'll pwn Suzaku. Maybe force him to a draw and get Britannia retreating due to massive losses, an unfavorable tactical situation and a crumbling strategy on Cornelia's side. That's how I envision the outcome - both sides draw back and reconsider what the heck happened, what went wrong and how to answer the current situation...giving Zero and Co. some reprieve to get the hell out of there and strengthen up their ranks.
Suzaku had the advantage of surprise on his side, it's was that that enables his to perform so well in his frist run and the fact that Lulu didn't know anything about the new suit and just ghouth it was another simple Knightmare.
I have no problem if she pwns with the support of Lulu and the whole group, that's actually to be expected. Like you says Lulu is a master tactician ( until he starts to underestimate the opponent ) and under his guaindance they can use the enviroment t the fullest with setti ng ambushes, traps,... and they have the surprise on their side now too since CL2 is new suit,. even if it's an upgrade, it still not known how it performs.

It's making Kallen into an unbeatable force on her own that i wouldn't like. You know if she went head alone stright into the enemy and pwn left and rigth, that what i meant by godKira, that would suck. Her giving Suzaku trouble is nothing unexpected but i don't think that even with surprise and her new suits capabilites she can't crush him and get away without any damage on her suit. Of course it he fells into an ambush wherer she't not the only enemy and gets pwned in someway, that's different.
So we agree that a standoff ( well a defeat from Brittania's poinf of view since the couldn't manage to defeat some filthy rebels and actually got their asses handed to them most of the time and the rebels even manged to get away with new toys ) is most likely and noone should have any qualms about it.

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Old 2006-12-10, 06:30   Link #54
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Hmm, judging from the spoilers, it seems like the next 2 eps will be the same battle. And ep 12 doesn't seem like it'll start anything new either. Isn' this series 26 episodes long? Can they really manage to fit overthrowing an empire/going to Jupiter within the remaining 14 eps? Not to mention explaining everything like who CC is, who killed Lelouchs parents and showing Suzakus (hopefully) death.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
Old 2006-12-10, 07:08   Link #55
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
...and showing Suzakus (hopefully) death.
hoho!? you can really go killing off godkira now can we
as for the first fight between kallen and suzaku ~ well ill say its pretty much to show off kallen's skill and her new mecha...im sure that suzaku will underestimate her...gets heavily damaged and just saved at the last minute by cornelia ~ lulu then calls for a withdraw which pisses off kallen as she had the chance to crush lancerlot...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-12-10, 09:17   Link #56
Sirmackerel

Yeah, I'm also starting to worry about how rushed the last part of the series may be... Schneizel still hasn't even appeared yet outside of the OP.
Old 2006-12-10, 09:29   Link #57
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Yeah, I'm also starting to worry about how rushed the last part of the series may be... Schneizel still hasn't even appeared yet outside of the OP.
And we're only at episode 10 - you really think this'll be 12/13 episodes?
Old 2006-12-10, 10:04   Link #58
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
...apart from his brief funereal cameo in ep 6. We're not even half-way through yet, there's plenty of time to reveal the secrets and mysteries. The turning point I believe will be the formal introduction of Sakuya (she's already appeared once outside the OP) rather than Schneizel.
Old 2006-12-10, 10:30   Link #59
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

List of things that the producers will have to do

1) reveal mysteries of Sakuya
a) C.C and her people
b) Who killed Lelouch's mother
c) What is project ragnarok
d) Lulus father; what is he??
2) introduce Sakuya
a) Schneizel
b) the JLF leader
3) Char. development for
a) Suzaku
b) All newly introduced chars
c) Euphemia
d) Nanali
4) BIG SHOWDOWN!!!

It just feels like the battles will become much faster paced or rushed after ep 12.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
Old 2006-12-10, 10:34   Link #60
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Thats a nice way of placing everything evil|plushie, a list.

It might be the background of Sunrise thats making people think everything won't get seen to, but already this show has shown over-wise for me - upto episode 10 and already a lot of information has been given. Also to mention a OP that shows issue's that'll happen soon enough, AKA evil|plushie's list.

Tags
psychic powers, random thoughts, speculation, spoiler, spoilers