AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha ViVid - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 2 13.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 1 6.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 33.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 33.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 6.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 6.67%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2015-04-03, 19:08   Link #21
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Belka-MidChida conflict
You're mixing things here. The war was between Belka(and allied nation of Shutra) and Dark empire of Galea.

Mid-Childa is the Galactic Federation, created after the war as ancient Galactic empires went to ruin.
Old 2015-04-03, 19:46   Link #22
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
You're mixing things here. The war was between Belka(and allied nation of Shutra) and Dark empire of Galea.

Mid-Childa is the Galactic Federation, created after the war as ancient Galactic empires went to ruin.
Actually, Mid-Childa is a planet. The closest we have to a federation is the Bureau, which was actually active before the end of the Sankt Kaiser Unification War mentioned in the StrikerS supplementary materials..
Old 2015-04-03, 21:04   Link #23
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Need more grown-up Vivio.
Old 2015-04-03, 22:45   Link #24
Marina2

Come to think of it, Vivio is the first anime in nanoha series that based on manga rather than being the original.

.................................................. .................

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingMangos View Post
The show has less budget than the previous old nanoha series...? What? Why do you think that? and you're going to say the action scene needs improvement from one scene.....? Makes no sense.
1. Did you seriously don't notice that? Easy way to tell is to compare the opening of Vivio and older series and you will see that olders series certainly have more effort and budget put into it.

2. One scene is enough. If they can't make a simple action scene look good, how can you expect a larger and more complex one to be better? However, I hope I will be wrong on this. I hope they are saving their budget for the future eps. that will have more action.

Last edited by Marina2; 2015-04-03 at 23:10.
Old 2015-04-04, 02:58   Link #25
ramlaen

Lets not pretend the first three series were well animated.
Old 2015-04-04, 03:00   Link #26
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Actually, Mid-Childa is a planet. The closest we have to a federation is the Bureau, which was actually active before the end of the Sankt Kaiser Unification War mentioned in the StrikerS supplementary materials..
I always taught that Mid-Childa is the name of Federation too. While Bureau is some sort of it's government and police
Old 2015-04-04, 03:03   Link #27
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramlaen View Post
Lets not pretend the first three series were well animated.
No one said first three series were without flaws. But action looked much better there and they fixed all the animation on the DVDs.

And yes, they made OPs properly unlike A1
Old 2015-04-04, 03:15   Link #28
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
I read the manga a long time ago and I have to say that it's a faithful adaptation by A-1 Pictures. Let's hope that they won't screw Nanoha ViVid up!

On the other hand, it's sad that I didn't watch (or let's say listened) the StrikerS Sound Stage X Drama CD.

Last edited by Benigmatica; 2015-04-04 at 03:34.
Old 2015-04-04, 03:32   Link #29
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

It was translated to English but I haven't listened to it either
Old 2015-04-04, 03:36   Link #30
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Even so, I'm hoping that A-1 Pictures won't screw the Nanoha franchise with their shoddy animation. After all, they exhausted themselves during Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso and Saekano's run.
Old 2015-04-04, 03:39   Link #31
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Unfortunately A-1 is always overloaded with projects. I just hope they hired enough staff to handle them
Old 2015-04-04, 03:40   Link #32
ramlaen

Quote:
No one said first three series were without flaws. But action looked much better there and they fixed all the animation on the DVDs.
I hope you are aware of the double standard you are applying.

Quote:
And yes, they made OPs properly unlike A1
There is more camera panning and action/movement in the old OPs. The colors, backgrounds and level of detail is better in Vivid's OP.
Old 2015-04-04, 03:41   Link #33
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Quote:
Unfortunately A-1 is always overloaded with projects. I just hope they hired enough staff to handle them
A-1 Pictures should have some backup from Seven Arcs in my opinion! Then again, they're busy with their new project...
Old 2015-04-04, 04:02   Link #34
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
I hope you are aware of the double standard you are applying.

There is more camera panning and action/movement in the old OPs. The colors, backgrounds and level of detail is better in Vivid's OP.
1. Are you sure A-1 will make it better on DVD/BD? I doubt it. It's A-1 we are talking here. Not to mention that it's main problem not the inconsistent drawing but lazy animation of action scenes. I prefer beams than this. Really.

2. But action is the main selling point of ViVid and they showed almost none in OP. Not to mention it looks more generic in terms of composition. Dunno how to say it properly: OP's for the first three seasons were made specially and in the same stile, while this one looks like a bunch of random scenes from the series+standard character introduction+one poorly executed fight scene. And as I said I'm a fan of Nana Mizuki but this song just too upbeat and light for Nanoha OP

Last edited by Nachtwandler; 2015-04-04 at 06:25.
Old 2015-04-04, 05:28   Link #35
ramlaen

Quote:
1. Are you sure A-1 will make it better on DVD/BD? I doubt it. It's A-1 we are talking here. Not to mention that it;'s main problem not the inconsistent drawing but lazy animation of action scenes. I prefer beams than this. Really.
The animation was very consistent throughout the episode, just because Vivio and Nove's sparring match was short does not make it lazily animated.

Quote:
2. But action is the main selling point of ViVid and they showed almost none in OP. Not to mention it looks more generic in terms of composition. Dunno how to say it properly: OP's for the first three seasons were made specially and in the same stile, while this one looks like a bunch of random scenes from the series+standard character introduction+one poorly executed fight scene
Random scenes + character intros + some fighting? You could be talking about the old OP's just as much as the new one.

Quote:
And as I said I'm a fan of Nana Mizuki but this song just too upbeat and light for Nanoha OP
The songs for the old OP's had a lot more oomph to them, but at least the new ED was catchy.
Old 2015-04-04, 06:29   Link #36
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
The animation was very consistent throughout the episode, just because Vivio and Nove's sparring match was short does not make it lazily animated.

Random scenes + character intros + some fighting? You could be talking about the old OP's just as much as the new one.

The songs for the old OP's had a lot more oomph to them, but at least the new ED was catchy.
1. Do you even watch that sparring scene my main problem is not that it was short but how it was made. Whose slow but not fluid kicks, view from the eyes and so on is just a cheap tricks to hide lack of budget. Even regular beams and explosions from S1 were better.

2. Are you kidding me? OP's for the first 3 seasons had consistent plot (the video itself didn't look like just a couple of random sceners) and didn't use the scenes from the anime
Old 2015-04-04, 11:26   Link #37
Albel VII

It's not like I expected much from A-1 pictures, especially since they also have a project with Urobuchi's name on it in this season, but I didn't think they'd put so little effort into this. Character design aside, the direction was quite uninspired. I hope they’re just saving budget for the more impressive fight scenes. At least Fate looked relatively alright compared to the others.

The script was quite bland in this episode, and this is the first time I don't like a Nanoha opening song, but overall it wasn't particularly awful, so I still have some hope left.
Old 2015-04-04, 11:58   Link #38
green-link94

Has anyone heard anything about subs for vivid cause it seems like no one is translating it.
Old 2015-04-04, 12:09   Link #39
NiwaDaisuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
And there's Yuno, who changed Nanoha's life into who she is in this series.
I think he is the highest possibilities to become Vivio's father, but....
Too bad he's not appearing.
They're not taking that role away from Fate.
Old 2015-04-04, 12:59   Link #40
ramlaen

Quote:
1. Do you even watch that sparring scene my main problem is not that it was short but how it was made. Whose slow but not fluid kicks, view from the eyes and so on is just a cheap tricks to hide lack of budget. Even regular beams and explosions from S1 were better.
I am sorry but there was nothing wrong with the animation.

S1 was the worst animated season of all 4, and that is counting the DVD fixes.

Quote:
2. Are you kidding me? OP's for the first 3 seasons had consistent plot (the video itself didn't look like just a couple of random sceners) and didn't use the scenes from the anime
The old OP's were consistent with each other, that does not change that they were random scenes and character displays from the first 3 seasons.

I will agree that using part of Vivio's transformation was questionable, it makes me curious if its just a placeholder that will be switched out with something that would be a spoiler if it was shown early.

Last edited by ramlaen; 2015-04-04 at 13:10.
Closed Thread