AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2018-06-13, 12:28   Link #9521
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Finally was able to afford parts upgrades to play BfA beta properly.

Early thoughts:

- Boralus is NEVER going to get old.
- Levelling Enchanting is going to be harsh from what I've seen so far? Can't seem to find anything that doesn't require an Umbral Shard (the rare DE)?
- You only need about one hour to see why there's so much distrust and scheming in Kul Tiras.
- Heart of Azeroth gives some very nice perks early on.
- Seems like there's random Tortollan stuff that pops up giving some big HoA slot gear and Azerite amounts. Found one quest for it before I hit 111. Gear for these specific quests also seems to be appropriate for 120 no matter when you complete it.

And if you haven't read the comic about the Three Windrunner Sisters, I suggest you do. It's free to read. Has some worthwhile stuff. Even if a couple of things are misdrawn to the point of being mentally scarring. You'll know when you see them.
Old 2018-06-23, 13:50   Link #9522
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Soon is coming rapidly. Are people ready for this?
Old 2018-06-23, 15:09   Link #9523
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Soon is coming rapidly. Are people ready for this?
I've done every dungeon except The Motherlode, which still isn't working for some unknown reason. Understand how Expeditions and Warfronts work. Gone through the zones. Have a fair idea of how to level professions.

I'm ready. The question is, will Blizzard be ready? There's a considerable amount that isn't working or is incomplete. The Darkshore pre-launch event is nowhere near done. Class balance definitely won't be finished until well after launch. Raids haven't been open for quite a while.

Also....Australian players are ticked off given the price hike to everything that is incoming. I'm not so ticked off about all the costed services. But I hear they're going to lower the value of WoW tokens as currency for the Aus dollar. That...I am not okay with...
Old 2018-06-23, 19:43   Link #9524
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Spoiler for Book Spoilers:
Old 2018-06-23, 19:51   Link #9525
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I would say "duh" but Zandalar is preety cool storywise. Kul'Tiras looks great through.
Old 2018-06-26, 21:18   Link #9526
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

There are about three weeks left until the 8.0 pre-patch hits (7/17). What do you have left to do?

The coming of the end of our Artifacts is starting. We will have them overcharged for a few weeks so might as well us it.

However, I get the impression that the burning of Teldrasil will be "our" fault. The Champions of Azeroth, with massively overcharged weapons going to war at a huge world tree with early Azerite weapons? Yeah that sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. And it will be your fault (Name).
Old 2018-06-26, 21:42   Link #9527
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Spoiler for Book Spoilers:
This such lazy, when horde will get a proper warchief for once?
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-27, 00:19   Link #9528
cyberdemon

finally beat the demonhunter Xylem mage tower battle. Really the only one I care enough to go through that for lol
Old 2018-06-27, 18:11   Link #9529
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
However, I get the impression that the burning of Teldrasil will be "our" fault. The Champions of Azeroth, with massively overcharged weapons going to war at a huge world tree with early Azerite weapons? Yeah that sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. And it will be your fault (Name).
Now I'm curious as to how many other MMOs have events of that sort which can be legitimately blamed on the players - and the world behaves accordingly. Bonus points for any screenshot of two players dressed like a certain pair of, ah, Trouble Consultants captioned "It's not our fault!"

In fact, this reminded me of the final boss fight from Space Gun (an arcade game Taito released back in 1990). Unlike everywhere else in the game, where the collateral damage from bombs and missed shots is mostly cosmetic, making too much of a mess of the surroundings here automatically triggers the Bad Ending...

Spoiler for Explanation:
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-16, 05:32   Link #9530
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Soon is like now. If there was anything you wanted to get done in Legion that you can no longer do in Battle for Azeroth...today is it. The last day of Legion.
Old 2018-07-16, 07:47   Link #9531
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Soon is like now. If there was anything you wanted to get done in Legion that you can no longer do in Battle for Azeroth...today is it. The last day of Legion.
Err such as? My sub lapsed about 2 months ago and got bored while waiting for BoA. Planning to resub on launch day.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-16, 13:49   Link #9532
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Err such as? My sub lapsed about 2 months ago and got bored while waiting for BoA. Planning to resub on launch day.
Do it a day before so you can:

1. Get the full download instead of launch day.
2. Do the mandatory pre-BFA stuff. (Lordaeron can't be avoided. Darkshore might be in the same boat.) You get eff all XP for them on the beta and they are VERY long time-wise.
3. Get used to changes to your class, UI, the item squish, default PvE vs War Mode.

One other thing to all - rack up as much gold as you can from class halls before BFA. The mission table in BFA rarely offers gold missions and when they do, it's way less.
Old 2018-07-16, 19:55   Link #9533
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I barely have 300k gold, but I've manage to do about everything I think I wanted to do before the patch hits. I have basically every mat I collected over the course of Legion on the AH, because why keep it anymore (this also includes older mats I still had or gathered while sometime wondering older content).

Contemplating giving the Mage Tower one more go on my main. Maybe I can overpower it with the Artifact at max overload. Not that I even use any of my weapon appearances....I always have it transmogged to a staff from MoP. And I discovered I have a handful of increasingly rare swords on my transmog list that I can use for my Death Knight. Old Vanilla days quest rewards stuff, but some look cool, and other are rare these days. The only reason I even have them is because I did Loremaster before CATA dropped.
Old 2018-07-16, 21:13   Link #9534
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Eh I'm sitting at just around 930-ish on three classes with just around 200k gold I think on each. This will be my first time going into a new WoW expac at launch (did TBC, WotLK and Legion mid cycle, had completely quit for the rest).
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-17, 13:58   Link #9535
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Seems that gold missions from class halls vanish once pre-patch is live. Good thing I queued up 6 just before maintenance started.

Hope there's a proper reveal on that 180 days time + 'mystery thing' package soon.

From what Bellular and others have said:

This week - Darkshore Part 1
Week after - Darkshore Part 2
Last week before BFA - Lordaeron

Cinematics for these were not on the PTR. Only got to do Lordaeron on Beta since Darkshore testing caused some major problems on the beta servers.

Again, I strongly advise people to do the Lordaeron battle before BFA is unlocked on full. You have to do that one to be able to go to Kul Tiras/Zandalar. Bugger all XP for a time consuming event. You also want to do it while there's enough people around. However, like with Legion, once you've done it on one character, it's optional for the rest.
Old 2018-07-25, 04:47   Link #9536
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well, this happened:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Damn Blizzard. They are really good at this sort of thing now.
Old 2018-07-31, 11:21   Link #9537
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Moral Gray my ass.
Old 2018-07-31, 15:07   Link #9538
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Moral Gray my ass.
well following blizzard logic, arthas, ragnaros, deathwing and sargeras all they wanted was "ending of life" like silvanas.
Old 2018-08-01, 04:47   Link #9539
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

New rule: Never tell the Banshee Queen she can't do something. Even if its something that would hurt her efforts or put her at a disadvantage, she'll do it just to prove you wrong.
Old 2018-08-01, 07:17   Link #9540
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
New rule: Never tell the Banshee Queen she can't do something. Even if its something that would hurt her efforts or put her at a disadvantage, she'll do it just to prove you wrong.
"You can't kill yourself, you're too much of a coward"

*Expansion Ends, Peace Returns soon after thanks to Anduin and Baine*

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows