AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-10-18, 09:05   Link #21
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

The female teacher has some serious moves as well.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-18, 09:40   Link #22
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Among the boys, Yuuta is the only one that passes muster. Shingo probably watches too many female idol dances. He dances like one.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-19, 00:13   Link #23
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Oh wait, no dad? I was wondering if he was just gonna walk up to the guy dancing and show his moves.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-19, 03:15   Link #24
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

The next time I want to see that guy is when he's being led away in handcuffs.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-19, 08:50   Link #25
Tenzen12

Very interesting. Having gay character is cool, but personally I hope for straight romance if any. Well tenis part is pretty awesome on it's own, just those training swings looked very nice.
Old 2019-10-19, 18:01   Link #26
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Very interesting. Having gay character is cool, but personally I hope for straight romance if any. Well tenis part is pretty awesome on it's own, just those training swings looked very nice.
Ah so this is about all of them being gay. Was wondering if I was reading too much into everything.
Old 2019-10-20, 03:16   Link #27
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

The intertwining fingers was an interesting choice as well as the MC breaking gender stereotypes with the cap but otherwise I think there's only one gay character (maybe two if glasses guy reciprocates). Still kind of weird how the MC immediately clocked on to his classmate being gay.

And just out of curiosity, whilst I know that anime can follow its own logic, how long/difficult would it typically be to get a restraining order? Not that I'd be remotely surprised if Dickhead Dad violated it immediately but still.

Last edited by Haak; 2019-10-20 at 03:57.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-20, 03:32   Link #28
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
And just out of curiosity, whilst I know that anime can follow its own logic, how long/difficult would it typically be to get a restraining order? Not that I'd be remotely surprised if Dickhead Dad violated it immediately but still.
Typically a temporary restraining order is issued within a day to three days in the US for any domestic related matters. Before that restraining order expires (14 days) he/she can extend it up to a year by going to court for it.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-20, 08:02   Link #29
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I suppose it's no use wishing for it to be effective sooner rather than later anyway since I'm pretty sure all the drama will happen regardless. XP

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I wonder if their enthusiasm for their dance in this ED is meant to be analogous to their enthusiasm for the sport. I wonder because the MC gets distracted whilst the glasses guy is still on fire and the female teacher is doing better than the male teacher and whilst a good portion of the club members don't even bother. Wouldn't explain the Student Council Prez though.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-20, 08:47   Link #30
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I wonder if their enthusiasm for their dance in this ED is meant to be analogous to their enthusiasm for the sport. I wonder because the MC gets distracted whilst the glasses guy is still on fire and the female teacher is doing better than the male teacher and whilst a good portion of the club members don't even bother. Wouldn't explain the Student Council Prez though.
That's what makes this dancing sequence so peculiar, it isn't just showing the main cast dancing, it reflects theirs personalities, qualities and attitudes.

Maki can dance like a pro almost effortlessly, but he doesn't really care about dancing and stops midway.

Toma dances as if it was a competition and gives it his all. He doesn't have the stamina for it, but he's determined to continue dancing even if that were to kill him.

Kanako has even less stamina and gets tired almost immediately and then she immerses herself on sketching stuff. At least she tried.

Yuta is enthusiastic and dances like he enjoys it.

Taiyo is also enthusiastic but he doesn't know the first thing about dancing, showing that enthusiasm and effort are not the same thing.

Itsuki is completely half-assed in his dancing. He swings his arms just to put a facade that barely qualifies as dancing.

Rintaro begins by dancing seriously and seems to enjoy it, but as soon as he notices Itsuki, he stops, signaling that he's easily influenced by his peers.

Tsubasa couldn't care less.

Shingo dances like an idol, not sure what I'm supposed to get from that.

Nao is immersed in his own world and doesn't even pay attention to what's happening.

Student Council President is serious and perfect in everything that she does, but she doesn't seem to enjoy what she's doing. She dances as if she was performing her duty and she does it more than impeccably, she does it as if she wants to prove she's the number one in the world. If she's enjoying something from that it's the knowledge to be on top, not the activity itself.

At least that's what I get from that.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-20, 10:52   Link #31
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Much the most interesting dancing OP/ED I've seen in quite a while. It so goes against the usual everyone-trying-hard-and-enjoying-dancing meme. Instead we see the kids as the variety of people they are, some more interested in sketching and playing with cats, and some really into dancing. The choice of the slightly overweight iincho as the lynchpin for this sequence struck me as rather daring.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-21, 04:47   Link #32
Arya

I agree best ED ever!!!! I particularly liked how the student president was the best and more confident, when the stereotypes usually dictate otherwise. That also seems to imply that yeah, maybe she is a bitch, but she is very committed and it legitimates her being that.

While I liked how Maki saw through the guy who likes the other MC, I'm a bit surprised of the intertwined hands, I mean, it is not a gesture I'd do over a male friend, but thinking twice, over a female friend either. That's was the only odd moment of an otherwise very good second episode.

Speaking of Maki's father, he got a restraining order, so I wonder if it was just issued, so here the reason Maki and her mother went back to their own city. I also wonder how his father knew they came back.
Oh, also the other MC instead apparently he became violent, that's why her mother is scared and so that's why probably it was some fight with his father, who for now is not around.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-23, 16:41   Link #33
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Speaking of ED...
https://twitter.com/melomelochin/sta...77132762304513
https://twitter.com/miko02xxx/status...36005066022912

Hmm...

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2019-10-23, 18:11   Link #34
MCAL

Well that sucks.

Last edited by MCAL; 2019-10-24 at 08:54.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-24, 16:57   Link #35
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Spoiler for Ep3:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
Well that sucks.
Whats the issue exactly?
Old 2019-10-24, 21:57   Link #36
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

3 episode in, and I must ask. Just whose family ISN'T dysfunctional?
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-24, 22:41   Link #37
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

https://twitter.com/melomelochin/sta...14413373517824
Apparently TBS has already apologized, and the original dancer will follow up on this case through his lawyer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Whats the issue exactly?
Are you asking about what they did? Or why it would be wrong to do what they did?
Because I'm pretty sure the answer to both are pretty obvious if you looked at the links.

Quote:
Just whose family ISN'T dysfunctional?
Talk about it. Even the staff are.

Old 2019-10-25, 01:57   Link #38
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I'm anticipating an orgy, boys only, near the conclusion of the series.

so the madness has begun. Melomelochin can dance.
Old 2019-10-25, 02:05   Link #39
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

Wow...that turned dark once again. Either that racket was really weak or the bully had a really thick skull.

A little less enthused about the stock background footage where other sports club people were just standing and not moving at all this episode.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-25, 02:12   Link #40
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumcyclonex View Post
A little less enthused about the stock background footage where other sports club people were just standing and not moving at all this episode.
Those type of scenes are time consuming so usually moderately budgeted anime lowers the quality of the animation as the series progresses to save that money for those key episodes and key scenes.

Tags
sports, tennis