AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2020-11-13, 08:31   Link #241
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
In any case I'm expecting this arc to flip the script like the previous one. I'm expecting Mion to be the crazy one here, but there really should be a proper and believable explanation as to why.
My guess if the story is really taking that route is that Mion became jealous of Shion. This would fit with the theme of Rika messing up that we have seen in Onidamashi. In the regular series giving the doll to Mion was a trigger for Shion's L5, while in this new scenario giving a doll to Mion causes her to grow feelings for K1, but because of Shion's meddling (she also asks for the same doll in this shard) she becomes paranoid an jealous to the point she reaches L5.

Not sure if this is going to be the case, but it would lead to a scenario where someone is purposely altering the "gameboard" to directly mess with Rika by exploiting her previous knowledge.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-13, 12:31   Link #242
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
One thing that struck me here was during Rika's tirade of spilling the beans to Keiichi because she doesn't seem to give a shit about this shard anymore, she mentioned about whether Shion was alive or dead as of that moment. In Meakashi-hen it was already Shion who was impersonating Mion after the festival, because Mion was already imprisoned at this point. Mion is also the only one who could be dead as of that moment in time.
It is more like I assume Rika said "Mion" because that's how things are going to pan out for basically everyone since no one but Ooshi and the police will realize the truth about Mion and Shion because of Shion's diary and the forensic results. Considering how jaded Rika is, I'm pretty certain she just said Mion for the heck of it.
Quote:
Doesn't that mean that Rika doesn't actually know the real identities of the twins post-festival in Meakashi-hen? AFAIK and remember Shion never revealed the truth of her impersonating Mion to Rika or any of the club. This kinda implies that Rika doesn't know absolutely everything about previous shards, and in this shard she presumes is like Meakashi-hen. I'm also curious as to why she hasn't seemed to try to check whether Satoshi is alive or dead, because his status is tied to Satoko and Shion's sanity.
Rika was never able to know the full truth, since she has no opportunity to do so. Rika's actions look "half assed" but that's the extent of her abilities plagued by the context that traps her on multiple occasions, especially her early teen body that basically prevents her to fight back efficiently or gain trust from adults if she were to explain the whole truth.

For instance, Rika knows that if there is that board game tournament event and if Keiichi receives a doll and gives it to Rena instead of Mion, she would be trapped in Watanagashi/Meakashi type of Fragment. However, there is no possible way for her to fully understand "why" that event is the firestarter for Shion's L5. This is why Rika made some solid "general rules" based on her own observations, the XYZ rules, but she couldn't chart completely every main scenarios, exactly because her hundred years long struggle didn't allow her to explore every single possibilities.

That said, I'm pretty certain Rika knows it is truly Shion in Watanagashi/Meakashi considering the narration of her own POV in Minagoroshi-hen, especially when she reviewed the previous fragments and explained Rule X (the L5 rule). In fact, Minagoroshi confirms that only Keiichi, Rena and Shion are potential victims of the rule X.
Old 2020-11-13, 13:19   Link #243
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Rika was never able to know the full truth, since she has no opportunity to do so. Rika's actions look "half assed" but that's the extent of her abilities plagued by the context that traps her on multiple occasions, especially her early teen body that basically prevents her to fight back efficiently or gain trust from adults if she were to explain the whole truth.
That reminds me: in the OG anime & Kai, why the hell Rika never seriously used spirit-Hanyuu as an Intel tool? I mean, Hanyuu knew the village & its people like the back of her hand, she has memories of previous loops, and she can fly wherever. Why did she never told Hanyuu to follow Miyo & Jiro wherever they go on the night of Watanagashi to know what happens to them for the start? Why did it take 100+ years-worth of loops for Rika to finally realized that the Yamainu squad & Miyo are the ones who repeatedly killed her? There certainly weren't any other organized secret army around the village beside them and Hanyuu certainly saw how Rika got killed repeatedly yet Hanyuu never told her? And the most baffling thing is, during the last loop of Kai, Rika confidently told Hanyuu to incarnate as a tangible human as her "secret weapon" only for Hanyuu to not do much aside from scaring some Yamainu members with her voice via radio . The hell was that?

Is Rika just stupid & slow during the OG & Kai? I mean, she had a goddamn ghost-friend floating around and she never used her to gather important Intel to solve the puzzle of the loops?
Old 2020-11-14, 07:47   Link #244
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 7:

these series of events are just driving K1 into mental instability!

Shion, you should have just let him watch the loli dance instead of dragging him to the boring room with torture tools. lol
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-16, 21:58   Link #245
The Creator
Golden Emperor

I really hope they throw us at curveball with this episode

Spoiler:

That being said with
Spoiler:
The Creator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-17, 14:13   Link #246
maximilianjenus
[E]

The hundreds Years thing has been bothering me, Rika is supossed to have memorized the frigging rain patterns, You can't do that is just a few dozen loops.
Rant over
Ok, this going onikakushi might be fun, that was a good specula.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-17, 21:27   Link #247
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
The hundreds Years thing has been bothering me, Rika is supposed to have memorized the frigging rain patterns, You can't do that is just a few dozen loops.
It depends on how long the loops are. If they're only a few weeks each, she could have done several hundred by now.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-17, 22:41   Link #248
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Rika previously said that the time between her arrival in a shard and the fated days of June 1983 become progressively shorter with each revival.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-18, 12:08   Link #249
maximilianjenus
[E]

Yeah, But the rain patterns thing receta to the times when her mothers was still alive, as it's her pic we get in that scene. She is scared of Rika because Rika knows the rain patterns.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-18, 13:15   Link #250
Marina2

Tomorrow ep. should give us a clearer pattern of how events unfold in Gou.
Old 2020-11-18, 15:58   Link #251
AC-Phoenix
Detective

I just hope it's actually a Mio-culprit route. She is the only one who somehow stayed sane in all variants, and this shard looks perfect to add her as a culprit.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-19, 11:53   Link #252
Marina2

Ep.8

Whoa....there are many twists this ep. I certainly didn't expect this outcome.

When K1 went inside the mansion, I thought he would be killed for sure but turned out Mion wanted to put him under her protection. I can't believe he actually survived this arc - in healthy condition too.

The person who brought K1 to the mansion maybe Shion but Mion was the person who brought the tea. (the eyes suggested it was Mion all the time, BTW)

Anyway, Look like Mion really went L5 in this world and thought people in the village wanted to kill K1 so she did everything to protect him out of love. (This is similar to how K1 wanted protect Satoko while he was under L5 in Tatari).

Unknown:
- Why did Satoko come to the mansion?
- Is Rena safe????

After two arcs......there are common things as follow:

- Rika always get killed by someone that wasn't Yamainu (?)
- No one see Takano and Tomitake after the festival. They disappeared and never found to be killed.
- Hinamizawa's "disaster" doesn't happen.
- Satoko died/get killed for an unknown reason. Her corpse is usually found with other corpse with the same condition. (brutally stabbed, get shot in head)
- No Satoshi
- There are mysterious group of people. They may and may not be Yamainu.

Next is Tataridamashi.......I guess it will be Minagoroshi-hen where everything when wrong.

Last edited by Marina2; 2020-11-19 at 12:28.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-19, 12:56   Link #253
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Tbh, K1 repeatedly slamming the blast-door with his body kinda killed the tension for me. Seeing K1 acting like an idiot and lost all that blood for nothing is just too over-the-top funny .

And the ladder scene is not as glorious as the DEEN one .
Old 2020-11-19, 13:44   Link #254
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Actually, I believe Mion could have commit murders without going L5 at all. She always knew some people were really exploiting Oyashiro's curse to commit murder with impunity, so her going as far as eliminating the head of all 3 houses does make sense.

The real weird part is Satoko's behaviour and course of actions. I'm still not sure why she acted that way in episode 8.
Old 2020-11-19, 13:52   Link #255
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Actually, I believe Mion could have commit murders without going L5 at all. She always knew some people were really exploiting Oyashiro's curse to commit murder with impunity, so her going as far as eliminating the head of all 3 houses does make sense.

The real weird part is Satoko's behaviour and course of actions. I'm still not sure why she acted that way in episode 8.
You can actually see scratch mark on the neck of Mion's corpse.

Yeah, Satoko's behavior toward K1 + her death in both chapter are real mystery.
Old 2020-11-19, 16:53   Link #256
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

That symptom isn't exclusive to L5, but it is increasingly more frequent and/or intense the higher they get (Rena started to scratch her neck quite early in Tsumihoroboshi but still only stuck with delusions, with minimal killing urge... yet). Considering what could have happened before her death, I can see her reaching L4, but L5 is debatable. But the real important factor is how Mion's explanations are pretty consistent with what we know about the curse system from Meakashi.

Anyway, we got yet another arc without the great disaster, so we can conclude Takano is pretty much out of the picture for the majority of the story (they might actually involve Takano once to shock newcomers with the GHD to mirror how Rika dies "normally" only twice in OG). So my money for the moment is the Yamainu going rogue because of Nomura's instructions given to Okonogi.
Old 2020-11-19, 19:06   Link #257
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

There's definitely something up with Satoko. I was shocked at how much hostility she showed toward Keiichi. This is also the second time she ends up in a mutual kill situation, and this time she didn't have a reason to be there.

At least Keiichi survived this time. And Rena as well, most likely.
Old 2020-11-20, 05:28   Link #258
Liddo-kun
is this so?

ep. 8

that was a surprise conclusion. K1 able to break down the bars.. but he ran out of hp on the steel door. lol

well, it's good they found him. Or he would have died of starvation locked up there.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-20, 08:18   Link #259
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

So Mion went full Yandere mode this time and as it was predictable the doll was the trigger and Rika had a part in making K1 give it to Mion.

I thought it would simply be a case of jealousy toward Shion, but it was worse. Mion ended up suspecting that people would want to kill K1 because he broke inside the Furude Shrine, and in her delusions she concluded that Kimiyoshi, Oryou and even Rika had a part in the deaths/disappearances of the past years, when, as we know, they have absolutely nothing to do with that.

The question remains as to whom did she actually kill. The story seems to want us to believe that Mion was responsible for all the deaths, but there's a hint that Rika talked to a man with a worker helmet before getting murdered and we have briefly seen two of those "helmet wearing men" in this episode. We don't actually have any proof that Shion, Oryou, Kimiyoshi and even Satoko were killed by Mion either.

As a matter of facts we don't even know if the "guest" Mion went to receive was actually Satoko.
By the way the gun that Mion took from the drawer was a revolver. The gun you see in the crime scene is a semi-automatic.

Also there's a hint that someone was spying Mion and K1 from a van when they met before going to the Sonozaki house.

I think there's a lot of stuff that happened behind the scene. There might even be a bigger conspiracy than the Takano\Yamainu.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-20, 09:10   Link #260
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

At this junction I suspect that another force/organization/whatever may also be in Hinamizawa, something that's bog enough to force Takano to apparently abandon her plans and flee the village. Whether that's Yamainu still or a third party remains to be seen, but the usual suspicious men and their vans seem to indicate that they are active. Or it could be that other force.

I previously thought that maybe Takano was fleeing because of Rika, but considering that Rika gives up so easily and so early, I'm guessing she has no actual direct hand forcing Takano to flee and thus stop the village massacre.

I actually have a suspicion that the twin in the school and the one who brought Keiichi in may actually be different. The twin in the school shaking the ladder Keiichi was on was clearly already gone down the deep end of sanity, while the twin who locked Keiichi ine was still very much in control of her mental faculties when the Yamainu(?) came to the estate. If we went by the original, the former would have been Shion and the latter would have been Mion, but that may not hold true here.

That being said, probably the two biggest mysteries here that should be addressed here are the events that have so far been consistent in both arcs, namely:

1. The fact that something or someone is driving Takano away, which stops the massacre from occurring.
2. The fact that Satoko is always killed with one of the friends, and always after Keiichi is put in an isolated situation where he learns of things after the fact.

As with any mystery, identifying consistencies and contradictions are key to solving it, so these are 2 good places to start when more information comes to light.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote