AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 134 63.51%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 59 27.96%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 5.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 0.47%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 0.95%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.47%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.95%
Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-03, 17:54   Link #301
Raiga
tl;dr

In a rescue situation, you never want all the rescuers to go at once. Because if an accident happens to the rescuers (possibly the same accident that incapacitated the victim?) now you've got four people screwed and nobody to go get more help.
Old 2009-03-03, 19:14   Link #302
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
...My only problem with the scene was that since it was pretty clear she'd smacked her head/face on the way down, she certainly had a concussion and maybe a skull fracture. He needed to keep her conscious and warm - but moving her (much less bringing her up the hill) could be devastating...
So then, DA DA DA! Episode 22! Taiga goes into a coma from brain hemorrhage after confessing her love to Ryuji, all because RYUJI moved her! GASP! Talk about high drama!

Episode 23/24 Taiga stays asleep as school life moves on.
Episode 25 Taiga wakes up to find Ryuji, now an old man, at her bedside, still waiting for her to awaken after all of these years. Tears follow.
Old 2009-03-03, 19:39   Link #303
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mughi View Post
So then, DA DA DA! Episode 22! Taiga goes into a coma from brain hemorrhage after confessing her love to Ryuji, all because RYUJI moved her! GASP! Talk about high drama!

Episode 23/24 Taiga stays asleep as school life moves on.
Episode 25 Taiga wakes up to find Ryuji, now an old man, at her bedside, still waiting for her to awaken after all of these years. Tears follow.
Forgot the part about old man Ryuuji cleaning the room...
Old 2009-03-03, 19:46   Link #304
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Oh, God... I LOL'ed. Very hard...

Sorry I can't rep you, Mughi...

Old 2009-03-03, 19:54   Link #305
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
My only problem with the scene was that since it was pretty clear she'd smacked her head/face on the way down, she certainly had a concussion and maybe a skull fracture. He needed to keep her conscious and warm - but moving her (much less bringing her up the hill) could be devastating.
That's true if it wasn't... oh you know, in middle of a blizzard?
You can't just leave someone there and keep her warm you know.

If this happened in a street or school, you're right.
But I think you're forgetting that she was half buried in snow, in a harsh blizzard.
Old 2009-03-03, 20:10   Link #306
typhonsentra

Cutest part of this whole episode by the way is when Taiga comes into the room, spills the drinks, uses the towel, and puts it back on her head. I love the noise she made while she washed her hair.
Old 2009-03-03, 20:12   Link #307
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I think she would have just died after realizing all those boys saw her doing just that (specially Ryuji)... maybe the adrenalin rush from the overheard discussion actually canceled that, I dunno.

Old 2009-03-03, 20:14   Link #308
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post

But I think you're forgetting that she was half buried in snow, in a harsh blizzard.
It's a gamble in such situations. Worsening the fracture, or risk hypothermia? Also, the thing in Ryuji's mind is getting Taiga to professional help ASAP.
Old 2009-03-03, 20:22   Link #309
Raiga
tl;dr

In the end of course, the storytelling supersedes exact realism. Sometimes, the scene just plays better that way.

Why did Ryuuji stop in his tracks when Taiga started speaking? Sure he should have gotten her to help as soon as possible... but in a metafictional sense, the scene just would have been awkward if he'd still been walking when Taiga made her confession.

Same thing with most of these nitpicks. I mean, yes, better realism always helps suspension of disbelief, and it's good to be as realistic as possible... sometimes though, it was a nice scene, give them a break.

... then again we wouldn't have anything to talk about in this thread otherwise. Never mind, carry on!
Old 2009-03-03, 20:25   Link #310
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, personally, I thought Ryuji stopped because he wanted to hear what Taiga has to say. Howling winds and the sound of snow beneath your feet can easily drown out whispers from a tiny lady who had the wind knocked out of her.
Old 2009-03-03, 20:30   Link #311
Fran~
floating away...

It depends on the injury, if you suspect some head/neck trauma and you dont know how to immobilize properly the area, is better to call for help with stretchter and orthopedic collar.

In Taiga's case it doesn't look serious, she is conscious, she doesn't show pain's signs... but hell, this is an anime...

But to protect someone from a blizzard is quite simple... you need only a shovel and if there is some trees, some branches will do the trick... well, the most important thing here is you really need someone who actually knows how to do it. I don't think that Ryuuji knows it.
Old 2009-03-03, 21:10   Link #312
typhonsentra

Plus the fact that Ryuuji probably wouldn't know all these details anyway. The natural reaction for a laymen would be to get the cold person to someplace warm.
Old 2009-03-03, 21:17   Link #313
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
But to protect someone from a blizzard is quite simple... you need only a shovel and if there is some trees, some branches will do the trick... well, the most important thing here is you really need someone who actually knows how to do it. I don't think that Ryuuji knows it.
There's also, you know, body heat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Plus the fact that Ryuuji probably wouldn't know all these details anyway. The natural reaction for a laymen would be to get the cold person to someplace warm.
Exactly. Ryuuji's just a high school kid who's concerned for his best friend.
Old 2009-03-03, 21:34   Link #314
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post

No I wasn't forgetting and yes, you can - especially since Minorin was going for help. I've been in blizzards and snowstorms (while camping). The two of them together could keep nicely warm just by piling a bit of snow up.

But whatever, it *was* a minor nit til everyone jumped up about it being "okay".

Last edited by Vexx; 2009-03-03 at 21:45.
Old 2009-03-03, 23:41   Link #315
Paula San

Loved the episode. My heart's still a little disappointed (i really wanted Ryuuji and Taiga to remain just good friends) but the scenes, the emotion and everything was so beautifully put. *_*

Can't believe it's almost in the end. ^^'

BTW, I don't think Taiga's injury was that serious. Yeah, the thing got her knocked out, but it didn't seem that serious, that must've been the reason Ryuuji didn't hesitated to pick her up and take her somewhere safe.
Old 2009-03-04, 06:05   Link #316
wistfulloner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula San View Post
BTW, I don't think Taiga's injury was that serious. Yeah, the thing got her knocked out, but it didn't seem that serious, that must've been the reason Ryuuji didn't hesitated to pick her up and take her somewhere safe.
Tumbling dozens of feet down a snowy hill with trees along the way and landing hard enough on SNOW to warrant spillage of blood can be considered pretty serious. Could have formed a brain clot, or spinal injury, or worse. Also, the snow provided Taiga pretty solid insulation from the cold, so she probably won't have froze to near-death.

But as we all know, Taiga becoming a vegetable or being permanently MIA from the story would be a big NO NO, so we can all relax.
Old 2009-03-04, 06:26   Link #317
Justin Kim
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Heh.

Ryuuji isn't in any clubs, though... nor do I think he'd be the sort of person to actively seek first-aid training.
Well I mean he isn't that dim - witted hopefully. I am pretty sure he knows how to basic first - aid, considering afters his father passed away he assumed the position of his house. I mean just look at his mother, she's in like a daze every single day O_o. Giving the situation that Taiga/Ryuuji were in, I am pretty sure that this "daze," is probably what caused the confusion, or misunderstanding?
Old 2009-03-04, 06:27   Link #318
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
I wonder if there will be doujin showing what is alternative scenario if Minorin followed Ryuji in blizzard and got lost in search, decided to hide in the cave....huddle with each other for warm and and and.......
Old 2009-03-04, 07:57   Link #319
puppygod

Since it's still some time to Ep.22, let's discuss this scenario some more

What we know:
- Taiga had some kind of head trauma (hit at least hard enough to shatter goggles).
- She is small and slender, but have proper winter clothes.
- She spend some time (at least from before sunset to after sunset) outside in the snow.
- Her symptoms include confusion, pain, she didn't open eyes when called to, nor make any significant movements.
- There are other people looking for her.

What we don't know:
- How long she was in the snow (probably at least an hour).
- If there is proper rescue personnel / EMT ambulance on standby or how much time take them to arrive on scene.
- How far is from accident scene to resort.

Things nobody know:
- Extent of Taiga head injuries - with those symptoms it might be anything from just slight concussion to life-threatening internal bleeding.
- How serious is her hypothermia.
- If she have some other injuries, including spinal / internal.

Usually it's good idea to not move person until we know there is no spinal injuries, but:
- she needs proper medical evaluation and CT scan asap.
- She probably has serious hypothermia, and without thermal blanket there is no way to stabilize her on scene (snow / body heat etc. are good ideas if you have time to build shelter and you are healthy person in good physical condition).

So, in my opinion, unless there is possibility of getting proper equipment (orthopedic collar, thermal blanket etc.) or even better proper EMT ambulance within minutes, I'd say move her. There is some risk involved, yes, but there is no realistic way to stabilize her on scene. And if she stay there, she will die.
Old 2009-03-04, 08:43   Link #320
typhonsentra

Interesting note:

I check how the torrents do after every week before a new episode comes out and saw something very surprising: This is the most unpopular CG release since episode 14 which is filler. Weird how that happened seeing as how this is probably the most important episode to date.
Closed Thread