AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-06-16, 11:54   Link #21
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

The update takes place alphabetically by username Therefore if your username occurs later on in the alphabet they may not have got to you yet .
tsurumaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-16, 12:09   Link #22
Izzy
Corrupted

meh....just another way to get more spam in your e-mail.......
T-T
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-16, 12:22   Link #23
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy
meh....just another way to get more spam in your e-mail.......
T-T
They're probably doing so that you can recieve more spam and as a result load more ad filled pages to make them more money. }:]
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-16, 12:28   Link #24
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor

actually, yahoo's antispam is great, I got loads and loads of spam in hotmail, but not a single one in yahoo.
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-16, 14:24   Link #25
Spiggy
Invisible

Send a message via AIM to Spiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Spiggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantidor

actually, yahoo's antispam is great, I got loads and loads of spam in hotmail, but not a single one in yahoo.
I agree w/ this b/c it's the same way, but I just started using yahoo as my main email account about a year ago, so I didn't use the addy to sign up for anything. Hotmail lets every horny, sex crazed teen w/ a web cam or witch doctor who can promise to increase the size of your manhood (like I need it) in. I was suprised when I noticed the new look. I thought the were pulling another hotmail, confusing layout-same crappy service, but I saw the increase in space and it's still functional!!!

thevoman - so does this mean that you can find out how to get on their list for the Google stock auction they're going to have later this year? I read (and I could be wrong) that you had to be on some kind of google company list in order to get some type of authorization code in order to participate.
Spiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-16, 15:06   Link #26
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Ok now I'm starting to want a free account (even though I already have 3 other accounts) just to keep around. I would prefer a google account but since it's invite only... Anyways can someone answer the following questions for me so I can decide whether to wait for a google account or get a yahoo account?

1) Any idea when google will open their 1GB e-mail accounts to the public?

2) Someone mentioned that google searches/spies on all incoming/outgoing mail. This isn't a big issue for me, but I find it kind of disturbing. Does yahoo do a similar privacy invasion?
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-16, 15:14   Link #27
CerealKiller
MoralMan

Send a message via AIM to CerealKiller Send a message via MSN to CerealKiller Send a message via Yahoo to CerealKiller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
Ok now I'm starting to want a free account (even though I already have 3 other accounts) just to keep around. I would prefer a google account but since it's invite only... Anyways can someone answer the following questions for me so I can decide whether to wait for a google account or get a yahoo account?

1) Any idea when google will open their 1GB e-mail accounts to the public?

2) Someone mentioned that google searches/spies on all incoming/outgoing mail. This isn't a big issue for me, but I find it kind of disturbing. Does yahoo do a similar privacy invasion?
1 not sure, it's because of some legal suits that it has been delayed, when they're done with them, they'll probably release it
2 nope, yahoo doesn't, but google only uses the same machine as in normal google, with the extra green (sponsored) ads on the side
CerealKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-16, 15:51   Link #28
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantidor

Unfortunately both services frequently mark AnimeSuki Forum's activation emails as spam.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-16, 16:02   Link #29
Spiggy
Invisible

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Unfortunately both services frequently mark AnimeSuki Forum's activation emails as spam.
Couldn't people just say Not Spam? I'm not sure if that's what I did or if it just went straight to my inbox, but I get ASuki emails w/ no problems now.
Old 2004-06-23, 20:39   Link #30
Kracus
Cute Killer

Send a message via AIM to Kracus
I have one more invite for google gmail. If you want it, email me.
Kracus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-24, 02:27   Link #31
Sid_Burn
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Sid_Burn Send a message via AIM to Sid_Burn Send a message via Yahoo to Sid_Burn
it's a good start for yahoo(since I always got 250 messages per day)... I think they want to be better than google... but that's just a guess...
Sid_Burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-24, 02:44   Link #32
donna8157

Are you going to get Google mail when it comes out?

You get 1 GB of space.

Anyway, they just wanted to compete with Google's email system since google seems to rule the internet search engines. ^_^ with good reason too. hehe
donna8157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-24, 03:31   Link #33
Dopeskills
Thigh Master

Send a message via ICQ to Dopeskills Send a message via AIM to Dopeskills Send a message via MSN to Dopeskills
Well, it looks like Hotmail is upgrading the capacity from 2MB to 250MB.

It's nice that Gmail actually started some competition.
Dopeskills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-24, 07:07   Link #34
Lefteris_D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopeskills
More info: Hotmail Storage Jumps to 250MB.
Old 2004-06-24, 07:14   Link #35
Spiggy
Invisible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopeskills

It's nice that Gmail actually started some competition.
Hmm...that;s fine and dandy but have they improved their spam filter? I would have alot of crap in my inbox if I didn't have the strict level setting. Of course I still have to dump the junk which has been increasing as of late. Is anyone having deletion or replying issues w/ yahoo ever since the upgrade or is it just me?
Old 2004-06-24, 07:15   Link #36
Secca
nya`
*Artist

only mails? or can you store atachment files? I'm thinking video mail to your friends or family. ^^
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-24, 07:28   Link #37
Kracus
Cute Killer

Send a message via AIM to Kracus
Quote:
Originally Posted by donna8157
Anyway, they just wanted to compete with Google's email system since google seems to rule the internet search engines. ^_^ with good reason too. hehe
I believe Yahoo, however, has moved above google in most visited sites however.
Kracus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-24, 09:03   Link #38
Ketsu-Kun
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ketsu-Kun Send a message via MSN to Ketsu-Kun
Yahoo overall is more visited then Google, however in terms of search engines - Google still remains the most visited.

As for Google invading your privacy, that's a load of crap. It's the same automated robot technology they use for adwords, you're not afraid of a robot now are you?

I'm sure they've got better things to do then read a letter from mom and pop to you about your dog.

gMail is currently in the invite beta stage, it'll be released when Google decides that it's ready.

Google was the first one to announce, other people just jumped on the bandwagon.
Ketsu-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-24, 10:04   Link #39
Sid_Burn
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Sid_Burn Send a message via AIM to Sid_Burn Send a message via Yahoo to Sid_Burn
just a question... if you join Gmail using only a free account... are you still going to get a 1gig email capacity?...
Sid_Burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-24, 10:26   Link #40
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid_Burn
just a question... if you join Gmail using only a free account... are you still going to get a 1gig email capacity?...
Of course, is there in the gmail site, they want it to be free.

But I think is too much space for an email account, and for people like me with limited bandwith is not a great inprovement to be able to send video files, since the dl time is too long
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote