AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-02-02, 20:59   Link #2181
Kitsoru
:3c

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Crux View Post
anyway, REI finished her fanart, I like it!
It's the Wufei one, for those wondering. Here's the non-pixiv one for those that can't see pixiv: http://pixiv.blogimg.jp/usabiba/imgs/e/b/eb399127.jpg

Can't wait til she finishes the FT cast pic
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 21:59   Link #2182
shadowii

who is REI anyway?
(this is good fanart)

I hope so (I'm a westerner who loves Relena's character)
but char clones have a bad track record with living (only good examples Henry Ord and Mu La Flaga)

Women having their noggins messed with is even worse (Lalah, Four, Rosamia, Stella, and Quess and Flay were crazy antagonistic)
true few of those were main female leads but...
only good examples i can think of would be Louise and Cecily

By the way while technically a Char clone, Relena's more of a Zechs clone, which makes Zechs an even bigger Char clone because now he has his OWN clones (try saying that five times real fast)

plus I get REALLY REALLY nervous when someone tries to continue a story after more than a decade has passed by, and the story had seemed to end pretty definately by that point (I wonder what the reaction would have been like if Destiny came out a decade after Gundam Seed)

interesting how the writer is associating Heero with Disney princesses who got locked in sleep (Sleeping Beauty and Snow White) and Relena gets the prince title.

Last edited by shadowii; 2011-02-02 at 22:18.
shadowii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 22:16   Link #2183
wingzerosnuggles

Keep in mind that this is Sumisawa writing not Kill Em' All Tomino, 00's Kuroda or the ever-so-inconsistent Morosawa of SEED. Every writer has their unique perspective and they won't necessarily subscribe to the trends in other Gundam series. Sumisawa has also been a writer for Yakitate!! Japan (a silly bread anime with no death toll whatsoever) and Inu-Yasha: The Final Act (which, I suppose, may have influenced his current goopy romance and love of doubles). Anyway, those two are manga-based. As far as I know, he doesn't really have his own independent writing projects aside from GW. At least, none that I've watched. Anyway, series Sumisawa has written for and how those series progressed are a better gauge of what will happen versus the trends in other Gundam AUs.

Last edited by wingzerosnuggles; 2011-02-02 at 22:33.
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 22:25   Link #2184
Kitsoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowii View Post
who is REI anyway?
(this is good fanart)
interesting how the writer is associating Heero with Disney princesses who got locked in sleep (Sleeping Beauty and Snow White) and Relena gets the prince title.
She's (surprise surprise!) a fanartist.

To be honest, I don't think he's basing them off the Disney versions. All of these references were well-known fairytales in their own right before Disney ever existed. He's also used plenty of fairytale references (such as Little Prince) that Disney has never laid claws upon.

Also, what wzs said. Don't count your chickens til they hatch, etc...

Anyway, my ACE should be in my mail any day now, but the Snowpocalypse in the Midwest has for obvious reasons put a total halt to basically everything including mail (and my classes lol) for the week.. so I wouldn't be surprised if it takes me another week to get it. Sorry, guys. :/
Old 2011-02-02, 22:34   Link #2185
wingzerosnuggles

Well, the delay may give Deacon time to translate the chapters that are already out. *nudges* Or at least get some bulleted summaries posted. :3
Old 2011-02-02, 22:54   Link #2186
shadowii

^
actually tomino is much better about killing people these days he went back an undid some of his deaths (which through his continuity to hell but who counts what anymore)

i heard sumisawa once considered having heero die when he blew up wing the first time (lets hope inuyasha influenced him i love that story)'

i wonder if clones will be gundam wings version of a different form of humanity (Newtypes, Moonrace, Coordinators, Innovators,etc)
Old 2011-02-02, 23:05   Link #2187
wingzerosnuggles

Yes, but the examples you cited encompass the days he was in his depression.

As for the plan for Heero's death, a Babelfished (read: unreliable) interview stated that so who knows? And afaik, it was more along the lines of them saying that they were scared that it looked too convincing and it would be difficult to bring him back while staying plausible.

I wouldn't want Inu-Yasha's influence on this. For one thing, that manga went on for too damned long. Also, we already have "Martians" and the "space heart." That's enough. I don't want the "super-human" plot bleeding into AC to the Newtype degree. It's overdone.
Old 2011-02-02, 23:07   Link #2188
Kitsoru

Yeah... please to be keeping your Rumiko Romances out of my giant robot series, kthnx...
Old 2011-02-02, 23:11   Link #2189
shadowii

^
hey they already worked in fairy tale princesses

in any case like i said I hope for best

and want to see how they get the giant robots on all sides back when they were suppossed to all be destroyed

actually I always thought mars would be a good addition to a main gundam anime (all of the mangas use it) but Zone of the Enders beat them to it

Gundam Snow White....seriously.........I mean seriously (oh hears a thought, If Relena gets a char red mobile suit like some here hope it could be Rose Red)

what "space heart?"
Old 2011-02-02, 23:33   Link #2190
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowii View Post
what "space heart?"
It's Quatre's ability to feel the pain of others and read their thoughts to an extent. In other words, GW's frustratingly vague attempt to incorporate Newtype-like abilities.

If it doesn't show up in GotD though, I won't consider it canon.

EDIT: Loved the Wufei art!
Old 2011-02-02, 23:43   Link #2191
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Actually, didn't Quatre say that Heero was the heart of outer space?
Old 2011-02-02, 23:53   Link #2192
wingzerosnuggles

However, in Episode 10, Quatre had visions of OZ. Also, in Episode 26, there was this glow when he touched Heero after the latter passed out. That would be the "space heart," I think.
Old 2011-02-03, 00:03   Link #2193
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Actually, didn't Quatre say that Heero was the heart of outer space?
The events wzs referred to are what I consider the "space heart".

I interpreted Quatre calling Heero the "heart of outer space" as more of a compliment than anything literal.
Old 2011-02-03, 00:09   Link #2194
Kitsoru

Heero --> IS the heart of space
Quatre --> can SENSE the heart of space

vague empath/telepath pseudo-Newtype BS, etc.
Old 2011-02-03, 00:14   Link #2195
Elo the Blue

Thanks for the cleanup Kit.
Old 2011-02-03, 01:01   Link #2196
Washu-Chan