AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-28, 22:28   Link #1
Baphomet

Ichigo needs to be more creative in his fights compared to others?

So far in the series, I notice that many characters show some sort of tactics in their fights. Some of the examples are:

Gin vs Hitsu
While Hitsu doesnt really show any tactics in this battle other than creating ice, Gin surprised me by activating his shikai hiding beneath his robe to ambush Hitsu. An applause here.

Byakuya
This guy rocks. In his fights, he always combine his zanpaktou skills with his own demon powers to surprise his opponents. One example is the surprise demon magic attack on Renji to lock him into place while he activates bankai.

Zaraki
Even Zaraki, the demon brute, shown abit of tactics when he fights Tousen's confusing bankai. Sacrificing his flesh to attacks, he managed to caught Tousen off guard.

Ichigo
I cant say anything about this guy. He wins his fights by mostly using brute strength and explosive slash attacks. Being the main character, I was expecting more ingenius tactics from him rather than slash and hack...

The only creativity Ichi shown so far in this series is during the time when he tries to attack Renji after the latter use up his third continuous attack. Even though, he failed to hurt Renji in that attempt, at least it was a good try.
Old 2005-12-28, 22:35   Link #2
Altharion
Pirate A

Send a message via MSN to Altharion
hollow ichi teaches ichi how to spin a sword :P

byakuya is nice in combining hadou with his zanpaktou, i liked the way he used it more with his fight against ichigo then renji.

Gin double the tactics by using hinamori as a hostage.
Old 2005-12-29, 05:10   Link #3
Grees
Ehhh

Didnt Ichigo also use tactics to defeat Ikkaku's bending pole shikai?
Old 2005-12-29, 06:27   Link #4
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Not really......he just grabbed hold of it with his bare hands and broke it than slashed him once.
Old 2005-12-29, 06:28   Link #5
Ultimoo
M-Magic Words?

More creative?! Wha?! That joint attack with renji would've kicked @$$ (against anyone (except Aizen ))
Old 2005-12-29, 07:49   Link #6
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle

I think the crucial thing Ichigo lacks are the demon spells, like the ones used by Byakuya against Renji's bankai, and lastly Aizen againtst Komamura.

Just using his sword is totally useless from now. I bet Urahara would help him to learn some cool ones
Old 2005-12-29, 09:19   Link #7
Altharion
Pirate A

even rukia can help him with that.
Old 2005-12-29, 09:24   Link #8
Wolfslord

Send a message via ICQ to Wolfslord
Quote:
Renji after the latter use up his third continuous attack. Even though, he failed to hurt Renji in that attempt, at least it was a good try.
He only did that because Urahara taught him to do so. Therefore it's not very creative. Ichigo fights are normally very boring, because they follow the same pattern each time. Fights between the captains are more entertaining, so I agree with the thread author.
Old 2005-12-29, 10:40   Link #9
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

To be fair, Hitsugaya did use the ice/chain to freeze Gin's hand in place and prevent him from moving. Gin would have been pwned if not for him managing to shoot his sword at Hinamori and then the fight getting interrupted...

Yeah, Ichigo's fights are a bit dull, but he's only, what, 15? All the other captains have 100's of years of experience in being badass (to hear them say it). Except for Hitsugaya, no idea how young he is, but he's teh "boy genius" or whatever. (And if Hitsugaya's bankai is not fully developed yet, maybe Ichigo's bankai will get more interesting later and allow him to do more stuff besides that dark attack hollow-Ichigo used)
Old 2005-12-29, 10:45   Link #10
frayed

i agree completely, which is why it was such a relief to see him with so many new skills when he faced Bayakua by the Hyogoku - he had flash steps, and sword skills that were equal to a captain. He took down the 3 VCs with his fist-fighting skills, etc.

Up until then, his sword skills had been mostly limited to relying on single powerful blows, and there was such a lack of combinations and defensive blocking, which was often frustrating to watch.

Quote:
hitokirigirl: I think the crucial thing Ichigo lacks are the demon spells, like the ones used by Byakuya against Renji's bankai, and lastly Aizen againtst Komamura.
amen to that. Maybe then he might even be able to be considered a true shinigami, and deserving of a captain's position.
Old 2005-12-29, 10:45   Link #11
Rurik
Golden

Agree with Kane Dragon..Ichigo have less than one Year of experience as Shimigami, so don't expect him to fight as cool as the Captains that have centuries of Exp.
Old 2005-12-29, 16:37   Link #12
ScytheBlade
Rawr!

Send a message via MSN to ScytheBlade
If you asked me, Hollow Ichigo has the most superb fighting skills. If only he had been out longer.... T_T.
Old 2005-12-29, 18:03   Link #13
Altharion
Pirate A

he will come... sooner or later

wichigo truly is a fighting genius.
Old 2005-12-29, 18:06   Link #14
Miacis

Don't you think changing the way Ichigo fights would stray from his whole typecast?

He's got the whole infinite raw power but no logic or reason aside from the sheer 'heart of gold' thing going on. I can see Ichigo using some ridiculous trick to win a fight that it looks like he'd be sure to lose, but not being sneaky and using different methods every fight. That's for other guys like Aizen, Gin, mostly the bad guys.

Then again, that's all terribly stereotypical and it might be refreshing to see it vice versa.
Old 2005-12-29, 20:34   Link #15
ScytheBlade
Rawr!

Send a message via MSN to ScytheBlade
Oh come on, Ichigo planning out a strategy would ruin his image. Look at his recklessness and you will know. Ishida would be the one planning out the strategies. Look at when he and Ishida were facing the Menos Grande. Ishida wanted Ichigo to transfer his spirit power to his bow so he could shoot out an insanely large bow but guess what Ichigo did? Run straight at the Menos and try to chop him down into pieces until he got his head. Which failed miserably on the first attack.
Old 2005-12-29, 20:37   Link #16
Altharion
Pirate A

ishida was also smart when he was powerless and faced an uncomplete arrankar.
Old 2005-12-29, 21:08   Link #17
Hidden Heart

There are 3 captain positions for ichigo to take.

I would like to also see more of those Quincy techniques. I smell a grudge match between Ishida and Maryui.
Old 2005-12-29, 21:35   Link #18
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Please go re-watch Renji vs. Ichigo parts 1 and 2 and you'll see tactics...

Also the earlier episodes before SS arc he did aswell...But like Goku, Naruto, Yoh Asakura, Luffy, Usuke Urameshi, etc...Ichigo is a slave to the shonen formula which is some uber power he gets that makes him prevail in the end...
Old 2005-12-29, 22:38   Link #19
Altharion
Pirate A

luffy uses tactics, he is just so badass that he doesnt need to use it all the time + he isnt as smart as ichigo.
Closed Thread