AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-12, 00:55   Link #81
coldwarm

This makes me wonder what C.C. acutally wishes for. I mean she is immortal and she can read into the future, what else can she wish for that a person like lelouch can offer.
Old 2006-12-12, 01:24   Link #82
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ordnance11 View Post
Well, Clamp does have a habit of killing of cute imoutos. It happened in X/1999. So if you have a project where both production houses had killed off the imouto of the main character at least once...what's the odd of it not happening?

I can see it as one of the events...they're going to pull a Hughes on us!

I'm even willing to bet that Orange-kun pulls the dirty deed.
Code Geass is not a CLAMP series. CLAMP was only hired to draw the main character designs and they have nothing to do with the main themes, scenario and the rest. One can say they were only asked to provide good looks for the characters as well as pre-airing advertisement by pasting their name on the credits. Aside from that, I really wouldn't place any money on seeing CLAMP (shounen ai/yaoi vibes and such) trends marring Code Geass. It's Taniguchi and his staff that wrote the scenario. Not CLAMP.
Old 2006-12-12, 02:10   Link #83
ordnance11

Quote:
Aside from that, I really wouldn't place any money on seeing CLAMP (shounen ai/yaoi vibes and such) trends marring Code Geass. It's Taniguchi and his staff that wrote the scenario. Not CLAMP.
Too late....

Millay checking out Shirley..."Well balanced on top and bottom"

Nina blushing at the thought of Yuffie....

I'm not including what's going on between Lulu and Suzaku....

Old 2006-12-12, 02:42   Link #84
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Aside from that, I really wouldn't place any money on seeing CLAMP (shounen ai/yaoi vibes and such) trends marring Code Geass. It's Taniguchi and his staff that wrote the scenario. Not CLAMP.
I actually thought the same until...

"If your friendship continues, then it’s not a chance meeting, but one that was hitsuzen." XD

Which sorta suggests CLAMP may be more involved than we thought.
Old 2006-12-12, 10:38   Link #85
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
It's Taniguchi and his staff that wrote the scenario. Not CLAMP.
Its more Ichiro Okouchi and his assistant Hiroyuki Yoshino... Taniguchi's the director (though he along with Okouchi's credited for "Story Concept") but those two are the "Series Story Editors" and the "Screenplay writers".

And I guess so far its easy to see some of Okouchi's "lighter" style dialogue, though he can do drama pretty well (Planetes, King Gainer)... He seems a bit reluctant to kill characters off though.

Yoshino, however, as evident in Mai Hime/Otome, likes to "kill" characters off to throw things into chaos as well as to create drama.

So who knows... If Yoshino has his way, Nunally will probably "die". If not... Then maybe she will live.
Old 2006-12-12, 11:44   Link #86
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
And I guess so far its easy to see some of Okouchi's "lighter" style dialogue, though he can do drama pretty well (Planetes, King Gainer)... He seems a bit reluctant to kill characters off though.
I suspect some Sunrise bosses also "convinced" Okouchi to not kill off many characters in Planetes, that seems to be some Sunrise trend in the last few years - miraculous escapes, resurrections and so on. But that's just speculation. Anyway, I hope some important characters will kick the bucket, regretfully Suzaku will not be one of them, I guess.

Old 2006-12-12, 13:30   Link #87
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwarm View Post
This makes me wonder what C.C. acutally wishes for. I mean she is immortal and she can read into the future, what else can she wish for that a person like lelouch can offer.
A boy toy to pass the time
Old 2006-12-12, 14:32   Link #88
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
"If your friendship continues, then it’s not a chance meeting, but one that was hitsuzen." XD

Which sorta suggests CLAMP may be more involved than we thought.
It wasen't said by Yuuko, meaning for me it has nothing to do with CLAMP.
Old 2006-12-12, 14:50   Link #89
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwarm View Post
You don't want to know what my perverted mind came up with regarding that question

As for the Geass... i don't think there is a time limit, and i don't think she can take it back - i mean she wouldn't have to worry about Lulu shooting himself if she could just take it back and give it to another person, right ?
Old 2006-12-12, 17:24   Link #90
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
hmm im not sure about the immortal part...i just think that she is alive because she made that contract with lulu...as in C.C shares the same life with lulu and if he dies so does she...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-12-12, 17:35   Link #91
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
hmm im not sure about the immortal part...i just think that she is alive because she made that contract with lulu...as in C.C shares the same life with lulu and if he dies so does she...
When thinking about the immortal part, you have to remember that she did appear in a photo that was taken while the second World War was happening.
Old 2006-12-12, 17:36   Link #92
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
You're forgetting about episode 1's introduction with Britannia invading Japan and Lelouch's past - as well as that picture of C.C. fleeing a battlefield with an old Mark I tank in the background. Clearly, she doesn't seem to age - I'm not sure when did the CG-LotR equivalent of the Mark I tank appeared in the ATB timeline but I'm going to assume she is at least a hundred years old, provided, of course, that military technology didn't see quantum leaps the likes of which were seen during the two world wars (everyone knows that war accelerates the pace of progress through increased research...and since Britannia seems to be a quite belligerent nation...well...).

I'm not sure she is immortal per say or if there is a catch to her existence, like, for example, she is not permitted to die until she fulfilled a certain task of hers (free her civilization? retrieve a lost artifact?) - like Ciel in Shingetsutan Tsukihime (in Ciel's case, kill Roa so as to end the paradox binding the two and allowing her to finally die like an ordinary human instead of being revived each time she's killed). Either that or she's like an overseer that has to see it through till the very end...meaning that she'll respawn as long as there is a reason for her to remain in this mortal coil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
When thinking about the immortal part, you have to remember that she did appear in a photo that was taken while the second World War was happening.
Nope, the British Mark I tank was introduced during World War I, and with great effect since it showed Germans how powerful tanks could be against mere riflemen cluttered inside the trenches...and they committed the lesson to memory so well that they made huge developments in armored warfare, eventually taking the lead in that field. Other nations like France (Ironically, De Gaulle was the only one who defended tanks...as well as the only general who managed to score one victory against Germany before France was defeated and surrendered) just thought tanks were BS and direly paid for it.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2006-12-12 at 17:47.
Old 2006-12-12, 17:40   Link #93
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

My mistake - should have officially looked up before my post. ^^;

Also to do with C.C. - i don't believe anything can be talked about her until we learn more to do with the Jupiter aspect of the story. There's so much we haven't learn't yet, and most of it shall be linked towards C.C. and her past/why she's doing this.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2006-12-12 at 17:59.
Old 2006-12-12, 18:14   Link #94
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
You're forgetting about episode 1's introduction with Britannia invading Japan and Lelouch's past - as well as that picture of C.C. fleeing a battlefield with an old Mark I tank in the background. Clearly, she doesn't seem to age - I'm not sure when did the CG-LotR equivalent of the Mark I tank appeared in the ATB timeline but I'm going to assume she is at least a hundred years old, provided, of course, that military technology didn't see quantum leaps the likes of which were seen during the two world wars (everyone knows that war accelerates the pace of progress through increased research...and since Britannia seems to be a quite belligerent nation...well...).
Hundred of years seems a fair estimate. There were biplanes shown too, suggesting it was a lengthy time before present.

Not unrelated, in that scene in ep 3, one of the documents the scientists were analysing on their computers is Freud's The Theory of the Super-Ego. Super-ego, in psychology, is the function of the personality that manages conscience and morality and is the 'symbolic representative of parental figures'. Sound familiar huh?

Super-ego amplification (or supression) seems to be a key aspect of the Geass power: to override the moral compass to enable the possessor to execute purely logical decisions. This sounds rather similar to the Emperor's personality and maybe this is the direction Lelouch is heading; an amoral void.

Last edited by Sonhex; 2006-12-13 at 03:59.
Old 2006-12-12, 18:29   Link #95
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

About that Mark 1 pic, CC and about the whole history of Earth in CG universe. Can we really use our timeline as a base for it? I mean we had 2 World wars but does that mean there were 2 WW's in CG world as well? So can we really put anything in a time frame (other than that which were were shown) ?

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Old 2006-12-12, 21:39   Link #96
coldwarm

It is true that we can't compare it exactly with our time line, but we can estimate the amount of time it takes for the weapon development.
Unless somehow, C.C. can time travel, or weapon development are being pumped out crazy fast, C.C. indeed age slow.

@Deathskillz (too lazy to quote): you are suggesting that C.C. depends on Lulouch to live? If that was the contract's main purpose, why choose Lulouch, is it because he will live the longest?

@Sinestra & Skyfall: haha, Lulouch is a pretty lucky guy then.
Old 2006-12-13, 01:10   Link #97
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
It wasen't said by Yuuko, meaning for me it has nothing to do with CLAMP.
'Hitsuzen' was xxxHolic's catchphrase. I was a bit startled when that word popped up in Code Geass - may be homage to the series or just a general easter egg, whatever the case, I hope CLAMP is also part of the team, aside from character designs.
Old 2006-12-13, 08:35   Link #98
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
'Hitsuzen' was xxxHolic's catchphrase. I was a bit startled when that word popped up in Code Geass - may be homage to the series or just a general easter egg, whatever the case, I hope CLAMP is also part of the team, aside from character designs.
I know where its from - thats why i said what i said. I wouldn't say its a homage or a easter egg. If so, that means that anyone who goes around say the same line is the same. :3
Old 2006-12-13, 10:42   Link #99
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I know where its from - thats why i said what i said. I wouldn't say its a homage or a easter egg. If so, that means that anyone who goes around say the same line is the same. :3
I should then assume that CLAMP had something to do with Gundam SEED Destiny... [/lameattempt@sarcasm]
-_-

Anyway, the theme of fate or destiny has already arisen once in CG, namely when Lelouch meets C.C. for the second time and she mentioned to Nanaly that 'both of them were connected by having promised their futures'. Aside from that, you can also speculate on episode 01 with C.C. looking at young Lelouch and Suzaku during the Britannian invasion. Maybe yeah, they were fated to meet each other and interact in the current fashion, but aside from that, the vibes I get from CG are different from xxxHolic. And both are different shows with different themes and purposes. CLAMP's just there for the looks.

Quote:
NEW CHARACTER.

Name: Sophie Wood.
Appearance: reportedly on January 19th's episode.
Seiyuu: Miki Hayashi (apparently a Japanese idol...don't ask me, it's not my turf).

I can already hear the speculation on which harem (Lelouch's or Suzaku's) she'd join.
Old 2006-12-13, 11:19   Link #100
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

NEW CHARACTER.

Name: Sophie Wood.
Appearance: reportedly on January 19th's episode.
Seiyuu: Miki Hayashi (apparently a Japanese idol...don't ask me, it's not my turf).

I can already hear the speculation on which harem (Lelouch's or Suzaku's) she'd join.
Lol, Miki Hayashi was the one who won the cringe-worthy B-Girl audition (remember the Code Geass Special?) for a bit part in the show...
Closed Thread

Tags
psychic powers, random thoughts, speculation, spoiler, spoilers