Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-03-05, 13:08   Link #21
Joojoobees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime View Post
This show is what .Hack should have been if they had followed the antics of real world MMORPG gamers
I kind of agree, with the caveat that Master of Epic is really a Comedy, and .Hack was clearly aiming at Drama.

I really liked .Hack//Sign and .Hack//Legend of Twilight. I saw something else (Lininality?) and it was pretty weak. I appreciate what the .Hack author was trying to do, by exploring issues about AI and the future of cyber-terrorism, but that was by no means the most compelling aspect of those shows.

.Hack//Sign did manage to capture some of what the MMORPG experience is really about. I thought there was some good stuff, such as the laughable pomposity of the Silver Knight. .Hack//Twilight was closer in tone to MoE, however (and doesn't drag as much as Sign).
Old 2007-03-12, 08:53   Link #22
Ryozu

Send a message via ICQ to Ryozu Send a message via AIM to Ryozu
I've only watched two episodes so far, and found them to be pretty funny by themselves. One of the reasons they use such generic character templates is because, well... Master Of Epic IS an RPG. Each of the characters in the anime is possible in the game itself.

http://www.moepic.com

Even more interesting, it's free to play. If you know enough Japanese (or can fumble your way through) you can register an account, download the client, and give it a shot. There are small bits of english in the game itself as well, but I'm still having trouble figuring out what to do past the tutorial, or how to cast spells.

From what I can tell so far, the game system is very much like Ultima Online. You don't choose a class, and anyone can wear any armor just about. (Haven't tried a mini skirt on a male character mind you...) And use any weapon. As you use things, your skill goes up.

Oh, and if anyone knows a bit of Japanese, wants to play, and wouldn't mind hanging out with someone who knows practically no Japanese, my character is "Zephiris" on the Emerald server.

Last edited by Ryozu; 2007-03-12 at 08:54. Reason: Char/Server info.
Old 2007-03-12, 09:36   Link #23
Joojoobees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryozu View Post
http://www.moepic.com

Even more interesting, it's free to play. If you know enough Japanese (or can fumble your way through) you can register an account, download the client, and give it a shot. There are small bits of english in the game itself as well, but I'm still having trouble figuring out what to do past the tutorial, or how to cast spells.
Heh, heh. Yet another reason my life would be better, if only I knew Japanese.
Old 2007-03-12, 09:53   Link #24
Ryozu

Send a message via ICQ to Ryozu Send a message via AIM to Ryozu
Well, if you do want to play, you can sorta fumble your way through the tutorial. Try copy/pasting lines from the registration page to figure out what to fill in.

I'm managing to play even without knowing how to read Japanese. Even figured out how to summon a vampire bat finally
Old 2007-03-18, 13:41   Link #25
LeonGrex

Hey im new to the forum but um. Im trying to figure out how to register for the game...I've gotten far enough to the point where i have to put in Kanji...which im not exactly sure how to do XD Can anyone help me get registered? This game does look like alot of fun especialy sence the anime is so great *nods*
Old 2007-04-18, 13:14   Link #26
Nergol

So... it's been quite a while since we saw new fansubs of this show. They haven't given up on this show, have they? I definitely want to see more. What's the score on this?
Old 2007-04-20, 18:20   Link #27
Joojoobees

Thanks to Epic for another release. It's a shame this series never really caught on, but maybe more people will become aware of it when the fansub is complete.

Anyways this episode had a couple of funny observations on people's behavior, and the Waragache 5 reveal their secret technique!
Old 2007-04-22, 05:09   Link #28
Nergol

I guess you have to be a gamer...

All the friends I have who are gamers think this show's a howl, and those who aren't don't get it at all. So I guess you could say it was designed to have a narrow base that enjoyed it very much - kind of like a cult film.

Anyhow, I at least much appreciate these fansubs and enjoy showing them to friends; so if no one else has said it - thank you, Epic.
Closed Thread