Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2012-04-04, 03:13   Link #441
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxblaze View Post
i like to try that list hopefully they meet my expectation.
I really want to add Chaos;Head in this thread. This one looks so promising : it has 12 episodes, talk about a guy who is similar to Sato from Welcome to the NHK! because he is a big fan of anime girls, until some rumors taken from mysterious organization circulated the city. Then, the MC has to meet a girl who is supposed to "know" him as well the other girls with dark past each other. The show has no actual fanservice content but the action didn't happen until episode 8. It ends with something you don't expect usually, seriously.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 05:11   Link #442
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
I really want to add Chaos;Head in this thread. This one looks so promising. *snip* It ends with something you don't expect usually, seriously.
MisaoFan, Chaos;Head had already suggested in this thread months ago. You can check previous pages if you want. Some of us (including me & Classified Info) have already checked it out. If you really want other people to watch it, I’ll help you by posting a review of Chaos;Head from a professional reviewer (from Blu-Ray.com) so that people can decide whether the show is worth their time or not. Here’s the review:
Spoiler for Jeffery Kauffman's review:
Old 2012-04-04, 06:31   Link #443
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
MisaoFan, Chaos;Head had already suggested in this thread months ago. You can check previous pages if you want. Some of us (including me & Classified Info) have already checked it out. If you really want other people to watch it, I’ll help you by posting a review of Chaos;Head from a professional reviewer (from Blu-Ray.com) so that people can decide whether the show is worth their time or not. Here’s the review:
Spoiler for Jeffery Kauffman's review:
I just read the review, and it looks a bit average to me, by having lot of positive points and few negative points. Now, I anticipate Classified to pick up Qwaser and go back to Clannad
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-04-04, 10:44   Link #444
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Just got back from uni, and will be at home the whole week for easter holidays.

@ Tolido: thanks for the titles you suggested: they'll be a good choice for when i have little time.

You know, when i didn't care about animes, and barely followed the most common series that get aired everywhere in the world (Dragonball, Naruto, One piece, etc), i didn't feel much of a loss that they were aired only during the week, or some even once a week.

However, after i got into animation, i noticed that i enjoyed a series 100% if i watched it all at once, without a pause (1 cour series of course; from 14 episodes on it becomes a bit inhuman and i have to split it in two days, but still), so i now tend to watch a series(most commonly made of 12 episodes, from my current experience, and of course taking into account only this genre) when i have the time to watch 4 hours of animes. Otherwise i tend to delay it.

These kinds of titles, that are made of 2-3 episodes and last a total of 1:30h, come in hand when i have little time.

Now, coming to the other suggestions, i already decided to watch Seikon no Qwaser, but i have my doubts if my future me will have the will to pick up clannad again. Chaos;head : you are comparing Takumi to the protagonist of Welcome to the NHK, but the former is a real otaku (that i do not enjoy), while the second is a random person who has his own problems and just gets in the 2D under suggestion of his otaku neighbour (but this is shown in a rather tragi/comic way); still, he isn't a real otaku, and that's why i didn't care about it.

Tonight i won't have the time to watch anything, but tomorrow i will be occupied with Highschool DxD, from which i expect very much (according to my previsions, it will jump to my top3, if it doesn't dramatically fail)
Classified Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 01:25   Link #445
lovel

I ended to watch romantic anime recently and I'd like to suggest him to you. It's lovely complex. Well there isn't sexy girls but this anime is very funny and very romantic
lovel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 02:22   Link #446
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovel View Post
I ended to watch romantic anime recently and I'd like to suggest him to you. It's lovely complex. Well there isn't sexy girls but this anime is very funny and very romantic
He already watched the first episode of this show, but he cannot enjoy animes with female lead.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-04-05, 06:56   Link #447
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I looked through all the lists you have in the first posting and didn't see Nodame Cantabile in any of them. Must just be an oversight, no?
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 07:00   Link #448
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I looked through all the lists you have in the first posting and didn't see Nodame Cantabile in any of them. Must just be an oversight, no?
I'll explain some words : despite having music as the main theme, the romance and philosophic dialogues are primary elements of the show, but the romance isn't sparkly and is more realistic (since it's based on a josei manga). Also, there's two protagonists of this show (one is a male named Chiaki, the other is a female named Nodame) and gets loads of screentime simultaneously, so it's possible that Classified will sub into male protagonist (Chiaki).
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-04-05, 07:09   Link #449
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Ok ok, i'll give nodame cantabile a try, but i gotta tell you that i'm an hardrock/heavy metal fan, so i don't know to which extent i'll not be disturbed by classical music

Anyways, i started Level E, but i have a bad feeling: just tell me that this show doesn't evolve in some yaoi, because i'd be enormously disturbed by it; just tell me it's only my impression, because there are several chances i could love this title.

Thank you
Old 2012-04-05, 07:45   Link #450
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified Info View Post
Anyways, i started Level E, but i have a bad feeling: just tell me that this show doesn't evolve in some yaoi, because i'd be enormously disturbed by it; just tell me it's only my impression, because there are several chances i could love this title.
No, it doesn't.

I don't know how one can be "disturbed" by classical music unless you don't like hearing music that touches your deeper emotions. And, though the show has the female lead's name in the title, it's largely about the male lead, Chiaki Shinichi. You'll notice he appears right from the outset of the first episode. There are a few Nodame-focused episodes near the end; otherwise it's really Chiaki's story. He's my pick for the best male tsundere character I've seen.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 08:03   Link #451
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

I misused the word "disturbed" there: it's more like i find classical music too calm for my tastes (the only pieces i liked were enough fast), and it tends to bore/annoy me on the long run, that's it. There are actually many different types of classical music i've heard so far, but the pieces i really liked were a small percentage, so i tend to avoid this feature when present. On a second thought, what i like the most of classical music are crescendos that end in an explosion; beside those, i don't like the rest.
Old 2012-04-05, 13:12   Link #452
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Just finished Level E, but i enjoyed only half of this anime, and exactly the first 3 and the last 4 episodes: the ones in the middle bored me to death, really.

I thought the first 3 episodes had set a good story, and i was happy i could enjoy more of it, but then the plot started deviating in other "routes" that i found annoying (especially the one concerning those kids and the "power rangers" thingie i hate very much). I was truly thinking of dropping it after episode 9, but then i thought "i've come so far, let's finish it", and i did good, because the story got back to its initial protagonists.

If i had to rate the first and the last part, i'd give it 9, but the rest was boring, so the rating would fall to 8.x or the likes. I could have liked prince Baka some more, if he actually played the role of the protagonist (he was formally the protagonist, but in some episodes he was totally absent) and got more developed, instead of showing just some sketch. Favorite char of this series: captain Craft, followed by Baka and that baseball champion: only during the episodes where they were present i could laugh. I liked the mindgames during the last part (they reminded me of Death Note).

Oh well, it was enjoyable, but i expected way better than this.

I decided to delay Highschool DxD to tomorrow, since tomorrow i'm totally free and will be able to enjoy it 110%. Tonight i'll start Seikon no Qwaser and see how much i can resist.
Old 2012-04-05, 14:53   Link #453
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

Seikon no qwaser really pissed me off. This anime has a lot of problems going for it and not just the breast milk issue. You will know what I mean once you reach episode 4 that’s if you can make it that far for me the 13th episode made me drop this series for good. Try Watching ano natsu de matteru instead or denpa teki na kanojo that I suggested in the previous page .
Old 2012-04-05, 14:57   Link #454
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolido17 View Post
Seikon no qwaser really pissed me off. This anime has a lot of problems going for it and not just the breast milk issue. You will know what I mean once you reach episode 4 that’s if you can make it that far for me the 13th episode made me drop this series for good. Try Watching ano natsu de matteru instead or denpa teki na kanojo that I suggested in the previous page .
This is your own opinion, but it's my responsability to take care of Classified watching Qwaser (since I loved this anime to death). He usually marathons all episodes of each selected titles. Every time Classified finishes a title, he can watch another one.

For the last quote you mentionned, he already watched Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko and liked it, but isn't ready to watch Ano Natsu de Matteru yet. Classified also mentions that he will marathon High School DxD tomorrow.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-04-05, 16:28   Link #455
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Denpa onna and denpa teki are two different titles xD

Anyways, has Ano Natsu finished airing already? If so that's good news, because it's going to be the next after Highschool DxD. I'll get Denpa Teki in the meanwhile

I currently finished episode 6 of Seikon no Qwaser, and it's nearly hentai. The only think i could appreciate is the artwork and the details, but the story itself is wicked (Loli & masochist lolwut?). I studied a lot of chemistry, so i understand everything about elements and their reactions, and that's a good thing because i can enjoy it more, but the whole breastmilk concept is still ridiculous.

You know, we men like a woman's shapes, but i think that most of its charm comes from the mystery aura it has. But when i'm shown boobs everyhow like it was nothing, and then you add the breastmilk factor, that charm just goes get fucked, if you get what i mean.

Anyways, i've already started it, so i'll watch it for tonight and try to get to ep13; if it really gets ugly, i'll erase it.
Old 2012-04-05, 21:12   Link #456
Onibaba
"Nice, Takemoto!"

Ano Natsu has finished airing, but it's already in your watched list (Onegai Teacher^^)
Onibaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 00:28   Link #457
maxblaze

WTF i didnt expect that aki sora is an hentai i thought it was just an ecchi anime. like kissxsis why you people post Hentai this kind of genre should not be mentioned here ecchi is already enough.

By the way GUYS SOME ONE HELP ME GIVE ME SOME TITLE WHERE THE PROTAGONIST ARE NOT A WHIMP .I LIKE COOL ONE OR HAD A BADASS MYSTERIOUS POWER LIKE HIDAN NO AIRA WHEN HE WAS ON THE MODE IT I LIKE IT VERY MUCH OF COURSE ROMANCE ALWAYS SHOULD BE INCLUDED. ITS OK FOR ME THAT THE PROTAGONIST IS WEAK FROM THE START AND DEVELOP LATER ON BUT I DONT WANT TO WAIT half Of the whole series EPISODES BEFORE THAT HAPPEN LIKE GUILTY CROWN AND MIRAI NIKKI THE MAIN CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT WAS TOO SLOW IT TAKES 10 OR MORE EPISODES BEFORE THEY BECOME BADASS. I AM ALREADY TIRED ON THE ANIME THAT THE PROTAGONIST ALWAYS HELP BY THE GIRLS.

SAMURAI GIRLS
WAS ALMOST THERE THE PROTAGANIST WAS COOL BUT IN THE END THE GIRLS WAS STILL FIGHTING FOR HIM..
KAZENOSTIGMA WAS ALMOST THERE TOO BUT I DONT LIKE THE HEROINE SHE WAS SO TOMBOYISH.AND THE PROTAGONIST WAS TOO SERIOUS he doesn't have a sense of humor.
R+V WAS ALMOST THERE TOO IN THE MANGA WHERE THE PROTAGONIST BECOME A BADASS GHOUL BUT THE ANIME WAS VERY DISAPPOINTING.
SEIKONNOQWASER HAD A BAD ASS PROTAGONIST BUT I DONT LIKE THE PLOT SPECIALLY ON SUCKING BREAST THAT WAS STUPID
PRINCESSLOVER I LIKE THE PROTAGONIST HE WAS COOL BUT I THINK THE ANIME WAS LITTLE RUSH.

I HAVE A LIST OF ANIME THAT I ALREADY WATCH IN PAGE 22 . SO PLEASE DONT RECCOMEND ANIME THAT ALREADY ON THE LIST

and another guys what do you think about the ending of guilty crown i just finished it last night .

and please don't recommend anime like devil may cry ,hellsing and deathnote. i know those have a very COOL Badass EPIC CHaracter etc etc bleach etc etc.

Last edited by maxblaze; 2012-04-06 at 06:19.
maxblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 02:47   Link #458
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I will respond towards Classified's response about Qwaser :

Spoiler for Episodes 13-15:
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-04-06, 11:48   Link #459
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

I had dropped breastmilk at episode 14 for a break, and decided to watch Highschool Dxd.

I just finished it, and i liked it (it had abnormal amounts of ecchiness, comparable to breastmilk) but i guess i was just expecting too much out of it. Everything was good, artwork was perfect, and Rias was hell hot (I noticed i love the combination of blue eyes and red hairs); i just felt that the romance was little developed and just bloomed out of nowhere. Actually, the romance story had no... problems? No jealousy, no fights, everything going well... This title made me notice how much boring a romance get without those. If this title had more jealousy(only the blonde girl was actually jealous, but didn't show off much), some fight with the main heroine(for example, due to some misunderstanding or the likes), some more emotional scenes, it would have been perfect(The only emotional part was in the beginning, when Issei fought hard and cried for his nun friend). Also, from the screenshots and some synopsis, i had imagined Rias to be the clumsy girl with no malice, while she was quite the boss and the "mature" one. I'm just whining, but i liked this title very much: 9.5. I subconsciously just wanted it to be my favorite title :/, that's why i was a bit disappointed.

I wish there was a 2nd season of this anime, because things would surely get interesting with Rias living at Issei's house.

Now getting back to breastmilk
Old 2012-04-06, 11:56   Link #460
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

Hey classified you got to check this title I just found it’s called Rainbow Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin.I just finished 2 episodes and man did it gave me Goosebumps . Seriously check out the first 2 episodes and see for yourself

http://myanimelist.net/anime/6114/Ra...u_no_Shichinin

Or at least check out the opening
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omL5Oue3VQ8