AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-23, 01:11   Link #41
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

I always thought the different looks to her in the op were weird, cause I thought they were the same character what with having the exact same cloths on, down to the bandana.

Actually the shot of her in the op is way to brief to be caught by anyone but those who recorded it and played it back in slomo, so it must be an easter egg of sorts, they might extend the timing of that shot when the big reveal happens, also do we need the spoilers considering the entire thread is supposed to contain spoilers
Old 2008-04-23, 01:16   Link #42
Westlo
Lets be reality

I briefly caught her large version in the OP (seen it enough.. lol) and just passed her off as another Meltrandi.. I was more interested in the Destroid Bomber in that scene tbh...
Old 2008-04-23, 02:12   Link #43
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquigleone View Post
also do we need the spoilers considering the entire thread is supposed to contain spoilers
Considering that the origin of the spoiler is the manga, I consider the spoiler tags to be absolutely necessary. The point of the spoiler tag is two-fold: to keep people from inadvertently finding out what will happen in the show, and to keep people from inadvertently finding out what will happen in the other works like the manga.

On the other hand, discussion of what happens in the OP or other depicted material is fair game even without spoiler tags.
Old 2008-04-23, 03:23   Link #44
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Okay Klein Klan should be awesome, I never put together that in the OP she was in it twice, just thought they had they had the same color hair. Speaking of the manga how far ahead is it from the anime atm? 1 more episode roughly or maybe 2? It's a monthly release right so it should be overtaken by the anime rather quickly.
It's Chapter 4 atm.

Chapter 3 is the coming episode, so I presume the anime will have caught up within 2 more episodes.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2008-04-23, 06:17   Link #45
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Well...

Spoiler for manga:

.... >_>

woah.

i have to say i'm really surprised.

never thought i'll see a .....well...you know.....in Macross.

no wait. wasn't their one in Macross Zero? Sara's...?

or did she not qualify as one?

either way, this is hilarious, certainly love her full meltrandi form, so sexy.

Macross: where bigger really is better.

Old 2008-04-23, 08:18   Link #46
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

I don't think she qualified, she had a chest for one .

On another point entirely who do y'all think the 2 girls floating in space are, one with pink hair, the other blue hair with red eyes, towards the end of the op. They seem pretty surreal looking, they could be supposed to symbolise Ranka and Sheryl, though it doesn't fit very well, maybe they have something to do with the androgynous blond haired dude.
Old 2008-04-23, 08:43   Link #47
Westlo
Lets be reality

I thought that was Ranka and Sheryl with "lighting" effects making their hair color look like that, they have the same eye colors and hairstyle for one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
It's Chapter 4 atm.

Chapter 3 is the coming episode, so I presume the anime will have caught up within 2 more episodes.
Thanks for the response.
Old 2008-04-23, 09:54   Link #48
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

hmmm....makes me want to get the manga now.

[Since the manga seems to be untranslated, discusion of how to acquire digital versions of it are not allowed. Feel free though, to discuss the content of said manga. - 4Tran]
Old 2008-04-23, 11:57   Link #49
Lanis

raws only no translation?
Old 2008-04-23, 12:58   Link #50
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Are there any links with some good back-story summaries, or info on this new Macross (Not named wikipedia)...Honestly I'm kinda lost since I haven't watched the genre in about 8 years? I'm just watching it for technical prowess at this point^^...
Old 2008-04-23, 13:17   Link #51
ReddyRedWolf

Try Mahq.net is has anime summeries and mech and other techspecs.
Old 2008-04-23, 14:06   Link #52
4Tran

Since it looks like the manga that's being talked about is a raw, I'm going to have to ask everyone to stop asking for them or providing information on to how to get them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Are there any links with some good back-story summaries, or info on this new Macross (Not named wikipedia)...Honestly I'm kinda lost since I haven't watched the genre in about 8 years? I'm just watching it for technical prowess at this point^^...
I'm not sure what's necessary to cover that hasn't been brought up in the Frontier's narration: Macross Frontier is one of the colony fleets that was launched from Eden as part of the second wave of human expansion.

To my knowledge, there is no background information on any of the characters aside from the anime and manga, and there is no data on any of the technologies outside of them.
Old 2008-04-23, 15:38   Link #53
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

*sigh*

so...

erm......

VAJRA.......are bugs? or.....crustaceans?

speculate....

please.
Old 2008-04-23, 15:41   Link #54
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

I'm thinking anthropods
Old 2008-04-23, 18:25   Link #55
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Since it looks like the manga that's being talked about is a raw, I'm going to have to ask everyone to stop asking for them or providing information on to how to get them.

I'm not sure what's necessary to cover that hasn't been brought up in the Frontier's narration: Macross Frontier is one of the colony fleets that was launched from Eden as part of the second wave of human expansion.

To my knowledge, there is no background information on any of the characters aside from the anime and manga, and there is no data on any of the technologies outside of them.
Alright then...That makes me feel a little better because I felt like I was missing out on some info I needed to enjoy the show to the fullest...I guess this sensation I'm feeling is called newness...
Old 2008-04-23, 18:27   Link #56
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
I'm thinking anthropods

is there a difference?

I also heard someone mention "cyborg" as the VAJRA have cybernetic integrated into their body, which i think if proven true, that i doubt they are related to Proto-culture.

you just have to look at the zentradi's, they did not much cybernetics, except for the fleet commander in the original who was ridiculously modified.

even betrai(?) the advisor, and eventually macross 7 crew member had enhancements, but a biologically modification, as to his head so that he could store the vast information he had accumulated.

using mechanical enhancements seem different sort of philosophy compared to the Proto-culture.
Old 2008-04-23, 18:32   Link #57
ReddyRedWolf

Actually that was Exodol.
Old 2008-04-23, 19:34   Link #58
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Actually that was Exodol.
yeah. i meant Exodol.

i suck at remembering names.

Old 2008-04-24, 01:22   Link #59
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

It's fairly probably that the vajra's are cybernetic, I can't see any organic organism having integrated laser weapons
Old 2008-04-24, 01:51   Link #60
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
It's fairly probably that the vajra's are cybernetic, I can't see any organic organism having integrated laser weapons
Birdman of Macross Zero
Closed Thread

Tags
speculation, spoilers