Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-08-12, 01:57   Link #2721
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACEZ1n7 View Post
Hm, I was a bit bothered watching Rei in episode 6. It's been 6 episodes already but in the anime 2 days passed. First day, her boyfriend died, and the next day, she's all over Takashi. AND even before she was all over him she talked about Hisashi and comparing him to Takashi.

Takashi is a great man and he's the childhood friend of Rei and probably he said something that made her want to kiss him and stuff, but loosing her boyfriend in a horrifying incident and then being all greedy to a friend and making out with him the next day...? It's just weird. o_o
She's drunk!
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 02:03   Link #2722
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
She's drunk!
I wonder how exactly they got drunk while taking a bath.. Did they store alcohol in the room for extra enjoyment?

Or did they get drunk after they took a bath (grab some enjoyment drinks and gulped it down)
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 02:07   Link #2723
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
^ Plus she always had the hots for him and just went cold on him in the past for some reason.

Say, why are the two guys acting like spineless dorks in the 6th episode? For hot babes are all over them and they act all indesicive for no reason. In other situations they could use the usual reason "What will our teachers/parents say? We are too young. Let's go slower. There is school exams coming up." But now, none of these apply anymore. They could be dead in a few hours for all they know. WHY ARE THEY HOLDING BACK?

So it is a farce when they say "This is like a scene from a movie" on one moment and act like put to death stereotypes themselves in the next scene. As much as serious as the anime tries to pass, down to it it's just a parody of zombie movies.

So any questions we may have over the plausible behaviours of the characters can just be atributed to the anime being a parody.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 02:13   Link #2724
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

So you are saying that its totally okay that they lose it? Like the gangsta who tried to rape Rei ? Or Shido?

They tried to show a bit of restraint, sanity, reasoning, hope or whatever left in their upside down life and you called them a spineless dork? o_O
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2010-08-12, 02:16   Link #2725
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Being around 4 hot babes that can easily smack me senseless.

I would rather be a "spineless dork" then shorten my life-span as it would be short if I was in a zombie manifestation.

Last edited by Hooves; 2010-08-12 at 02:28.
Old 2010-08-12, 02:24   Link #2726
ACEZ1n7
Sweet to the mouth

Quote:
She's drunk!
That part where Rei was calling Takashi over and over she really looked drunk then. But she looked like she turned back to normal when she started kissing him, to the part where they heard a puppy barking.

I'm also wondering how the three girls got drunk.
ACEZ1n7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 02:27   Link #2727
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^
She was drunk....people say sometimes what they don't really mean when the alcohol gets in them.

On the other hand sensei I'd love her drinking all the time so I can get some of that MMMmmm!
Old 2010-08-12, 02:29   Link #2728
roriconfan
Banned

Quote:
So you are saying that its totally okay that they lose it? Like the gangsta who tried to rape Rei ? Or Shido?
It's not rape if they were all over them in the first place.

Quote:
They tried to show a bit of restraint, sanity, reasoning, hope or whatever left in their upside down life and you called them a spineless dork? o_O
Restraint, sanity, reasoning, hope ... for what goal???
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
^
She was drunk....people say sometimes what they don't really mean when the alcohol gets in them.
Ι though drunk people are the image of honesty.
Old 2010-08-12, 02:31   Link #2729
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

The nurse was all over those 2 when she got drunk

And when she sneaked attacked Takashi did anyone see what Shizuka was trying to grab... *naughty thoughts intended*
Old 2010-08-12, 02:39   Link #2730
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
^ Plus she always had the hots for him and just went cold on him in the past for some reason.

Say, why are the two guys acting like spineless dorks in the 6th episode? For hot babes are all over them and they act all indesicive for no reason. In other situations they could use the usual reason "What will our teachers/parents say? We are too young. Let's go slower. There is school exams coming up." But now, none of these apply anymore. They could be dead in a few hours for all they know. WHY ARE THEY HOLDING BACK?
You clearly have never understood why some dudes are writing zombie apocalypse scenario. If you watched and read more about it, the point besides zombie bashing is to put characters in a scenario where they are tested. Just how long they can stay human, as in "Not bastards, but decent human beings that lives on and thinks that there are still something worth living and fighting for, without giving in rape, cannibalism, wanton destruction and murder for the sake of murder."

In other words, struggling to keep what makes one human, and different from the hordes flesh-eating motherf*ckers.

But noooo, you prefer to rage and act all angry, in hope to find people agreeing with you that the show fails.

Quote:

So it is a farce when they say "This is like a scene from a movie" on one moment and act like put to death stereotypes themselves in the next scene. As much as serious as the anime tries to pass, down to it it's just a parody of zombie movies.

So any questions we may have over the plausible behaviours of the characters can just be atributed to the anime being a parody.
Oh yeah, by your reasoning, Black Lagoon IS a parody of 1980s action movies for mentioning pop culture references in one scene, then acting like anime characters in the other scenes, amirite?

Unlike YOU, I appreciate when a series have the pretense that take roots in the real world AND have its characters showing that they have some cultural references, it's something I appreciated in Black Lagoon and Full Metal Panic. It may mean nothing to you, but to me it makes them feel a little less hollow.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 02:45   Link #2731
roriconfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Oh yeah, by your reasoning, Black Lagoon IS a parody of 1980s action movies for mentioning pop culture references in one scene, then acting like anime characters in the other scenes, amirite?
Exactly that!

But anyways, why is some one-night stand so bad it will turn you into a cannibal, rapist or whatever? It's just sex between people who care for one another. Millions of people do that all the time and without zombie apocalypse on the run.
Old 2010-08-12, 02:53   Link #2732
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
We can't take away the relationship Rei and Hisashi had. Since he paid more attention to her.

Though personally I really hate bitching drunks, just trying to be fair on other characters.

BUT 100% bias when it comes to Hirano.
Old 2010-08-12, 02:53   Link #2733
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Exactly that!
Geez, is your goal life to diminish everything that doesn't match your high standards or something? You must have a very sad life.

Quote:
But anyways, why is some one-night stand so bad it will turn you into a cannibal, rapist or whatever?
And another shortcut reasoning by roriconfan!

I am NOT talking about a one-night stand but about the whole zombie apocalypse scenario where a couple of people would just go "F*CK IT" and give in their worst.

Quote:
It's just sex between people who care for one another.

Rei cares for Takashi? You said THAT after her crazy rant about Hisashi? You must be a really poor judge of character. One of the reasons Rei clings onto Takashi is that he is one of the few people she have still around. Fans don't call her "B*tch" for no reason.

Also, the girls are drunk! In what world are you living to think that it is OKAY to take advantage of a drunk girl?
Old 2010-08-12, 02:53   Link #2734
Seitsuki
Onee!

Personally I reckon it's a great sign that they didn't lose control like Shidou's bunch. It shows that they are still human. If you take the view that in such a shit world "with no restraints" the only thing to do is go native then what makes you different from any other animal that "lives" solely to pass on it's genes and continue the species? May as well give up. The fact that they still have morals and decency shows that the spirit of Humanity lives within them, and that alone is worth fighting for.

..well that and the God Empress. but that's a different story.

Quote:
Rei cares for Takashi? You said THAT after her crazy rant about Hisashi? You must be a really poor judge of character.
Well yeah she does. The rant was when she was under a shitload of stress and she basically snapped at whatever was closest at the time. On the other hand it's not like I care too much since I'm a Saeko fan <3
Old 2010-08-12, 02:54   Link #2735
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
It's not rape if they were all over them in the first place.
"good" reasoning

Quote:
Restraint, sanity, reasoning, hope ... for what goal???
They still a human? With consciousness of what actually good and what deem necessary?

Quote:
Honesty is good, but she really showed some restraint when sober once before that Takashi wasnt actually like talking about Hishashi and her. that restraint actually works better in human communication between them remaining as friends and comrade in difficult time.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2010-08-12, 02:59   Link #2736
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post

Well yeah she does. The rant was when she was under a shitload of stress and she basically snapped at whatever was closest at the time. On the other hand it's not like I care too much since I'm a Saeko fan <3
Saeko must be the one girl I prefer in the female cast of HoTD. HoTD is one of the few shows of the 2000s where I'd vote the guys above the girls in a popularity poll. My top choices being Hirano and Takashi.
Old 2010-08-12, 03:02   Link #2737
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
One of the reasons Rei clings onto Takashi is that he is one of the few people she have still around. Fans don't call her "B*tch" for no reason.
QFT

Like I said Iam trying to be fair on other characters one reason why I said she was drunk and Hisashi was there for her one reason she remembers him. Though this rant kinda breaks the awesomeness of "MY GIRL" Takashi spoken protecting her from the crazed dude.
Ahh heck! One reason why I didn't like Rei's character...I'll drop the subject on Rei.

On with Takashi.

Though what if Takashi did look at another girl. Saeko and sensei are pretty much the 2 others that can give him more womanly love than Rei, she'd bet on it!

Saya and Hirano though are pretty much our other pairing here, but she shows some signs also that she likes Takashi, but we can't deny she's also interested in Hirano.
Old 2010-08-12, 03:03   Link #2738
roriconfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
I am NOT talking about a one-night stand but about the whole zombie apocalypse scenario where a couple of people would just go "F*CK IT" and give in their worst.
If we go by script writting, how are you so sure that it isn't just the trope where people in horror or zombie movies who have sex are marked as immoral and die soon after?
Old 2010-08-12, 03:07   Link #2739
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Shizuka drunk wanted the 2 boys to do her(If I was one of those 2 I do her in a heart beat!), but maintaining morality and sense they kept their pants on. Though I dunno about Takashi and Rei making out there on the stairs might had lead to a possible sexual situation after their little argument, if it hadn't been for the dog.
Old 2010-08-12, 03:08   Link #2740
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Quote:
If we go by script writting, how are you so sure that it isn't just the trope where people in horror or zombie movies who have sex are marked as immoral and die soon after?

My god, you have either NO understanding of the context or you seek to twist everything we say to your advantage.

The girls ARE drunk!

+

The boys were going under stress while keeping what makes them humans!

=

The boys are not gonna take advantage of the situation!

Tropes have NOTHING to do with it.

What's so hard to understand?

Tags
action, boobs, ecchi, harem, horror, romance, seinen, shounen, zombie apocalypse