AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Valvrave the Liberator - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 56 47.46%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 32 27.12%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 14.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 5.93%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.54%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.85%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.69%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-28, 12:55   Link #341
Ghanw
(-_-)

This may have already been mentioned or not, but did anybody notice in the begining of the episode when Saki talks about "him" the necklace that Saki wore kind of shined kinda giving it some type of even more importance as it was shown in episode 7, or is it just the light reflection that the animators used.
Old 2013-06-28, 12:57   Link #342
LostSome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Cain does comment that Haruto is a 3rd Generation so Haruto may have the potential of surpassing Cain one day.
Maybe it`s just what he said.
If his father/mother or both and his grandparents were vampires, he would be the 3rd generation.

Or the OS is the 3rd generation and Blue is the 2nd.
Old 2013-06-28, 13:17   Link #343
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Official Sub is out and guess what? "Our originator, the founder, lost many classmates in the battle for Module 77" said Saki-look-alike. I told you guys that woman is not Saki. She is referring to original/Current 5 Valvrave pilots, if not than she meant Haruto. Apparently the "Empire" also began with the Module 77(She referring to the 3rd Galactic Empire perhaps or the Magius Empire?).

Last edited by DevilHighDxD; 2013-06-28 at 13:36.
Old 2013-06-28, 13:19   Link #344
Key Board
Carbon

It's Saki

she was speaking from the perspective of someone who has been there
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-06-28, 13:32   Link #345
chi4ko
Astronaut

Angry

It bothers me... Why didn't Haruto try to bite Cain? I thought possessing the body of the commander would be a part of L-Elf's plan. I'm unhappy.
Old 2013-06-28, 13:42   Link #346
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
It's Saki

"Our Originator" AKA "Our Ancestor", Saki certainly didn't have any ancestor that is a student in Module 77 as well as participating in their current battle for Module 77.
Old 2013-06-28, 13:46   Link #347
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
It's possible that the Magius gain powers as they get older. We don't know how long Cain has been a Magius, but in like many other Vampire stories, the longer a Vampire lives the more powerful they become. This would explain why Haruto and co. can't do it since they're pretty much baby vampires at this point.
Until I can get a better understanding of what they mean by "generation" or even how many there are, I will keep an open mind. Cain didn't seem at all impressed with Haruto, immortality and all. I'm thinking it might be like some vampire stories where the 1st generation, having the purest blood, are the strongest and most brutal (yet sometimes having the most acute weaknesses), and each subsequent generation is weaker than the one preceding it. It might be that because Haruto does have immortality that Cain can infer that he is of the 3rd generation and not a 4th or 5th one that might not have that ability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post

Meeh not really vampire. Vampire rule the original aka dracula is always the strongest. Heck dracula is pretty much a god he wouldn't need a mech.
It's pretty much cannon that they can also be called "vampires" since that is part of Valvrave's acronym, but they call their species "Magius".

Quote:
It's Saki

I agree, it's Saki. The girl in this future scene is the same one that was is the space battle future scene in episode 7. And the girl in episode 7 not only pilots VVV4, but also speaks of a promise she made 200 years ago. She has to be Saki, who else could be that long lived and knows how to fly VVV4?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-06-28, 13:50   Link #348
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I agree, it's Saki. The girl in this future scene is the same one that was is the space battle future scene in episode 7. And the girl in episode 7 not only pilots VVV4, but also speaks of a promise she made 200 years ago. She has to be Saki, who else could be that long lived and knows how to fly VVV4?
She only say about a promise that 200 hundreds years ago, the promise and the Valvrave can be very well passed down to her.
Old 2013-06-28, 13:56   Link #349
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
"Our Originator" AKA "Our Ancestor", Saki certainly didn't have any ancestor that is a student in Module 77 as well as participating in their current battle for Module 77.
"Originator" doesn't necessarily mean ancestor, it can also be someone who starts or initiates something. Haruto started this fight against the Magius and he was the first to become a Valvrave pilot. He is the originator and/or founder of the Golden 7 which we can assume is the Valvrave group that Saki participated in.

Plus she says "us" as collectively meaning herself as well. I think there are just too many coincidences pointing to her being Saki.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-06-28, 13:59   Link #350
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Plus she says "us" as collectively meaning herself as well. I think there are just too many coincidences pointing to her being Saki.
That "us" is only in the fan sub, in the official it only "Our originator". I trust the official/professional more than the fan sub.
Old 2013-06-28, 14:38   Link #351
larethian

Man, who said L-Elf was hax!? Look at Cain!

After the last 2 relatively predictable and drear (based on previous standards) episodes, this was one heck of an awesome episode, especially that last 10 minutes. Love that new VVV by Akira.

Now have to wait for next season. From the preview, looks like Haruto flipped. And from the intro, he's probably dead huh?
Old 2013-06-28, 15:20   Link #352
erhyka

Akira freaking out about Shoko was strangely adorable lol, she and haruto get into a valvrave mostly because of Shoko. This is going to be a long 3 months!

SUUUPEEERMAARKEET!
Old 2013-06-28, 15:21   Link #353
maplehurry

Quote:
That "us" is only in the fan sub, in the official it only "Our originator". I trust the official/professional more than the fan sub.
Isn't the "official" sub just crunchy sub ?
Old 2013-06-28, 15:23   Link #354
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplehurry View Post
Isn't the "official" sub just crunchy sub ?
Aniplex localized it, Crunchy and Hulu stream it.
Old 2013-06-28, 15:46   Link #355
Key Board
Carbon

<------

Saki uses the term our 始祖 /"progenitor" to describe the founder

Even if we take Vampiric perspectives and how all the other Valvraves are copies of his machine, it's Haruto

and it would make sense why she would refer to him that way

Honestly, it could refer to Shoko as well..
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell

Last edited by Key Board; 2013-06-28 at 16:01.
Old 2013-06-28, 15:56   Link #356
~BC~

Quote:
"Watashi" is "I" so "watashi-tachi" means she's including herself in a group. Also a reminder that official translations aren't free of errors.

Quote:
Honestly, it could refer to Shoko as well..
Glad I wasn't the only one who considered this possibility.
Old 2013-06-28, 16:56   Link #357
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Until I can get a better understanding of what they mean by "generation" or even how many there are, I will keep an open mind. Cain didn't seem at all impressed with Haruto, immortality and all. I'm thinking it might be like some vampire stories where the 1st generation, having the purest blood, are the strongest and most brutal (yet sometimes having the most acute weaknesses), and each subsequent generation is weaker than the one preceding it. It might be that because Haruto does have immortality that Cain can infer that he is of the 3rd generation and not a 4th or 5th one that might not have that ability.

I hadn't thought about that later part but that's certainly also possible. With so much vampire lore they could really take this anywhere, so it'll be interesting to see where in fact they do go with this. Honestly the simple fact that we even have space vampires just tickles my fancy. (I love vampires)
Old 2013-06-28, 19:10   Link #358
Traece
:cool:

I don't see a lot of comments on this so I'll pitch this thought out for much consideration.

Haruto and the other third generation vampires probably do have powers like Cain. The big thing to note is that Cain had to speak in what appeared to be a completely different language some sort of trigger phrase to become Super Cain. I wouldn't be surprised if they're all capable of doing this as long as they learn those triggers.
Old 2013-06-28, 19:25   Link #359
shiyuki
Ever Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
Spoiler for Correction:
If that's "Haruto wo, atashi wa tasukete", there are some grammatical mistakes.
It should be "ハルトは、あたしが助ける" (Let me save Haruto).
Tasukete is a wish which includes the meaning of "please", instead of a verb which the action is done by the one saying this.

The "o" sound is probably the extended vowel of Haruto's "to".
Anyway we will know the answer in October.
Old 2013-06-28, 20:36   Link #360
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Spoiler for Speculation and possible explanation: