Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2010-10-24, 08:15   Link #1441
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
^Their Defensive secondary is crap...Sooner or later they'll be outscored by a competent offensive team (Which an intramural flag football team is compared to LSU) ... LSU's D only gave up 17 points IMO...If Mallet doesn't get a concussion they probably get beat by the Razorbacks...

I'll give credit where credit is due...Ham Newton is a beast, but ya gotta make him prove he can throw it and it doesn't appear he's very good at doing that...I woulda rushed 7 with 8 in the box across the line and dared him to throw it on Peterson, Claiborne, and Matheiu (3 great DB's)...Have no clue what LSU was thinking there, but they wore us down today, mostly because our Offense did nothing to help the Defense...They were worn-out the whole 4th quarter...
At least you gave Auburn for their money and yet LSU still whining. Come on LSU, stop being bitter about your life.

Last edited by Highman; 2010-10-24 at 12:41.
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 14:08   Link #1442
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
^So pissed off right now...I just owned you so hard and hit the BACK BUTTON by mistake and lost my entire post ...SO mad right now...God I owned you, it was sooo goood too...I wanna punch something...I almost feel like a current niners fan I'm so pi$$ed...

God just smiled on you friend...Take it to the internet bank...
So how are the saints doing against Cleveland? -gets out popcorn-
Old 2010-10-24, 15:18   Link #1443
Prodigy
Heartless

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Great trick play on the punt. Haha, so much for the most accurate passer in the game.

Britt,White,Hall, and Bowens all had monstrous games today.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 15:28   Link #1444
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Panthers are off the 0-16 list! CHAMPIONSHIP!!

lol

Sorry, Samari.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 16:01   Link #1445
solomon

Uhhhh...yea. Skins won, fight for 'ol DC and all that.......

(ugh turnovers, ugh offensive line yet YAY DeAngelo Hall)
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 16:04   Link #1446
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Panthers are off the 0-16 list! CHAMPIONSHIP!!

lol

Sorry, Samari.
Meh. The season was lost anyways. And I thought the Panthers would win this game before it started. At least this gets us closer to firing Mike Singletary and possibly getting Nate Davis onto the active roster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
LOL.

"Two Dat" my ass. Might as well be "Screw Dat".

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 16:21   Link #1447
Prodigy
Heartless

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Uhhhh...yea. Skins won, fight for 'ol DC and all that.......

(ugh turnovers, ugh offensive line yet YAY DeAngelo Hall)
Give us back Mike Shanahan!! McDaniels is garbage!

Broncos lost the game in the first 5 minutes. Must be a record or something.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 19:24   Link #1448
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

I'm happy just to get with the win but the Ravens making Ryan Fitzpatrick look like Jim Kelly was pretty pathetic.
Old 2010-10-24, 19:34   Link #1449
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy View Post
Great trick play on the punt. Haha, so much for the most accurate passer in the game.

Britt,White,Hall, and Bowens all had monstrous games today.
Ugh...epic fail D on igglez part =/...yay for giving up 23 POINTS IN ONE QUARTER (before Kolb's pick 6)

Yeah okay, we need Vick and DJax back like PRONTO.

Pats are really looking like epic failures this season. 23 points the whole game when SD gave it up like 4x for the first quarter?

Ewwww...
Old 2010-10-24, 20:26   Link #1450
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Uggggh! I don't want the guys to be #1 this week! Would have much rather had them at #2 or #3!!!

Bad omen?!?!?!?! BCS curse?!?!
Old 2010-10-24, 22:45   Link #1451
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post

LOL.

"Two Dat" my ass. Might as well be "Screw Dat".
Poo dat...Really, we stink chunks of it right now...An it's totally our offense...Which is unbelievable...Sean Payton can't ever keep it simple...All we had to do was run Chris Ivory early and often to establish something, but he wants to start the game shotgun and $hit and Cleveland (along with help from our own Scott Fujita) killed us...Very ironic that Drew Brees throws two INTs to a guy who has the same name as his newly born son (Bowens)...Clearly Brees' mind was elsewhere this week, and he stunk almost worse than Alex Smith and David Carr (As if that's possible)...

I have no illusions, this team will struggle to make the playoffs, but if we can get there healthy (5 Starters out today) we'll have a chance...Once the Browns got a lead they called every trick play in the history of football to keep it...They had nothing to lose, give'em credit, we sucked a$$, but we still don't stink anywhere close to the sadness that is your 49ers...Sharpen your passive aggressive empathy, you'll need it...
Old 2010-10-24, 22:56   Link #1452
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

If I was a NFL prospect, I would hire the agent that represents David Carr. He must terrific at his job to keep Carr employed in the NFL. Him, Todd Bouman (who played today), & Todd Collins.

Last edited by Dilla; 2010-10-24 at 23:28.
Old 2010-10-24, 23:15   Link #1453
solomon

This Week's College Football Thoughts

The chaos is fun, but is sure hard to keep track of!! Let's look at individual conferences for example.

The SEC;

-Who wins the East? Georgia upset Kentucky who upset Carolina who upset #1 Bama. No seriously, I am confused. This years Cocktail Party (UF-UGA game) will have a big impact on the conference race I think. Then there is Carolina, they still have a chance but have some games left with the Gators, Arky and Clemson. I still wouldn't look past the Vols, either.

-Is Auburn for real? Most people say yes but some say they're still a tad one dimensional with the whole Newton factor. Still, they're 8-0 and will give who ever wins the East a fight. Bama ain't down and out either, the Iron Bowl will be EPIC. LSU still has a chance but...ehhhhh, I dunno (just my hunch).

-Honorable mention goes to Dan Mullen at Miss St. being bowl eligible, having a 6-2 record and still able to notch at least (really tho at MOST) two more wins against UK and Ole Miss.

The Big 10;

-The two big dogs are Sparty and Brutus. Sparty survived that scare at NU and is unbeaten. They don't fight the Scarlet and Grey and could run the table provided they defeat a still dangerous Iowa team. Speaking of the Bucks, they're still alive and could also theoretically win out as well, albeit them too having to guard against the Hawkeyes. (I guess you can count Michigan too, but since they have no defense, I smell no upset there).

-Hats off to Wisky playing a tough team against Iowa. Although I don't think they'll smell the roses, the Badgers are having a break out year. Iowa is as strong as ever but are on the outside looking in despite that. They can still win out but the above two games I mentioned will be tough. Could go either way for the Iowa-OSU-MSU matches honestly.

-What Else? So wierd seeing Penn State so BAD to me. Hope Minny actually gets a good coach, they're gonna need to get good to compete in that fearsome division of theirs. Contrary to some internet warriors hopes, Rich Rod will NOT get the pink slip. They can get to a bowl easily provided they TCB at Penn State, Indiana and Purdue.

The Pac 10;

-This is clearer to me, I see Oregon winning out. Despite the depth and quality of the conference as a whole, I just don't see any team with something up their sleeve that can compete with that speed! Still very much in the running for the Natty. Gotta be careful against USC, Arizona and even them Beavs though.

-And how bout that conference depth huh? Da Ducks, Stanford, 'Zona, OSU, SoCal, all solid. ASU surprised in some games. Locker is still legit for the Dawgs but I don't see them as a bowl team this year. Cal is schizo as usual but their D coordinator seems to be doing a good job. Hmm, could Wazzou have some life in them after all?

-Still don't get the stupid Rose Bowl rule, but whatever.

The Big XII;

-HOW ABOUT DEM TIGERS. Nice one by Pinkel and the Zou, the Husker-Tiger game should be awesome.

-Nice job on Baylor getting bowl eligible for the first time since 94, although their schedule gets mighty tough coming up. They're the best team in Texas right now! (as far as the Big XII is concerned).

-The South is a jumble right now, but I think Okie wins out and faces either Neb or Mizz in the champ game.

-Not sure what to saw about Texas that hasn't been said already. Kudos to the Cyclones is in order however. What a win.

-Guys in Lubbock and Lawrence are gonna have to sit tight cause it could be a rough next year or two ESPECIALLY for them Jayhawkers.

The ACC (My conference);

-Yawn; Not much to be said here. I can understand Florida State and Virginia Tech being up there but neither are nearly as good as they have been in the past. Unless some upsets happen (FSU vs. NCSU, VahTek vs. UNC/Miami) they'll likely be headed to Charlotte.

-UNC and NC State seem to be doing ok. FSU vs. NCSU will pretty much determine the Atlantic race cause no one else is close (IMHO). Dunno about UNC in the coastal, with their loss to Miami who suddenly decided NOT TO SUCK. They can at least get to a bowl with gimmies against William and Mary and Duke. Kudos to Butch Davis for putting in a decent year despite all that happened off the field.

-Clemson seems like a team that's better than it's record with it's win against GTech. Could they play spoiler for the Cocks at the end of the season? He's not the wonderkind for Maryland he was before, but Fridge still seems like he can win enough to save his job. They can conceivably get to 7 wins with victories against Wake and UVA (AUUGH!)

-And as for my Cavaliers? Uhhhh...call me in two years after we recruit some talent.

Big East;

-Double Yawn. I'm no narcissistic Big East basher but honestly, they haven't put up. Supposed powers Pitt and WVU are underwhelming, as is Cincy and UConn VERY much so. Nothing has gone right for them since the loss at the Big House.

-Still nice job by Louisville and Syracuse at asserting themselves in conference play. It's too early to tell but it seems like under Coach Strong and Coach Marrone respectively, they've really turned a corner. The Orange could get to a bowl with their remaining schedule. How long has THAT been?

-I think Butch Jones can still do some damage (in a good way) at Cincy maybe just not this year. He's not BK, so people shouldn't expect BK results (IMHO).

The Rest;

-Utah, TCU and Boise are still rolling, though it's not looking good for Boise in them BCS rankings. Is it fair to say that it's out of the Bronco's hands now?

-San Diego State can get to a bowl game. All they have to do is take care of CSU, UNLV and Wyoming. To some this means nothing but it will be not only good for the Aztec Program to get something going but also for the MWC because they NEED San Diego to realize it's potential in terms of team success and therefore TV market money. They are the most underutilized team with the most potential to do well. With TCU, Boise, Fresno, Nevada, SDSU and Air Force, that's a legit conference. Hope they can hold on to Brady Hoke for a while!

-Only other non -AQ I look at is Temple. They're bowl eligible (yay!) but it looks like winning the MAC will be harder than expected.

-I'll be frank I haven't watched Notre Dame so I can't talk about em. HATE that Leprechaun mascot at the games though
Old 2010-10-24, 23:21   Link #1454
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Games against lower division teams don't count towards bowl eligibility. So besides Duke, UNC have to upset either Florida State on the road or Virginia Tech at home, or beat NC State for the first time in four years. It sucks, I know. I'm trying get to next year with that 11th ranked recruiting class coming. It wouldn't be an issue if UNC had managed to complete that comeback against LSU, but it is what it is.
Old 2010-10-24, 23:26   Link #1455
LMF

Quote:
If I was an NFL prospect, I would hire the agent that represents David Carr. He must terrific at his job to keep Carr employed in the NFL. Him, Todd Bouman (who played today), & Todd Collins.
Nice one and also true.
LMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 23:30   Link #1456
LMF

I got to say, this gotta be the weirdest football Sunday. Dolphins-Steelers game with the bizarre calls of the referre. Oakland blowing out Denver. Browns over the Saints?! Bengals seem like they're not ready for the Super Bowl nor playoffs. Bills blew a lead then comeback then lose in OT.

Hey, don't we have a basketball thread in this forum?
LMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 23:49   Link #1457
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Every year is a new year in the NFL...Every Year always has it's own distinct themes and flow that are evident from early on...This year the Defenses have caught up...It's as simple as that...Drafting an overabundance of Defensive Backs and speed rush LB's over the last half-decade has finally brought the defenses back a bit...Even with some of the higher scoring games you'll find alot of points have come from turnovers (Defensive TD's today an NFL record!)...It's not just today, it's gonna be a "weird" season...
Old 2010-10-24, 23:57   Link #1458
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMF View Post
Hey, don't we have a basketball thread in this forum?
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...ght=nba+thread
Old 2010-10-25, 01:01   Link #1459
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Climactic game between the Packers and the Vikings. Favre certianly blew it about 2/3 into the game but almost pulled off a miracle win. Vikings defense was rather admirable, particularly against the running game and caused a lot of late game Packers drives to be killed very quickly. Favre's throw from 2nd & 30 was just about perfect, pity the catch was just out of bounds.

Is it possible for Favre to reach 300 straight games in the regular season if the Vikings don't make the playoffs? Mind you, he clearly is limping. Not sure if he can continue the streak. Still an amazing feat regardless of when it ends, since he's in the 290s and the next closest is in the 120s.
Old 2010-10-25, 01:15   Link #1460
solomon

Quote:
Games against lower division teams don't count towards bowl eligibility. So besides Duke, UNC have to upset either Florida State on the road or Virginia Tech at home, or beat NC State for the first time in four years. It sucks, I know. I'm trying get to next year with that 11th ranked recruiting class coming. It wouldn't be an issue if UNC had managed to complete that comeback against LSU, but it is what it is.
What do you think Dilla, will they Hang on to Butch? Should they? Some criticism online has been pretty toxic, but from what I see it's not really his fault per se.

Tags
american football, sports