AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-09-05, 23:34   Link #9181
The American Average
2LMES

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

when did they install a hot spring =p? wonder what the engineers/contractors thought when putting it in
Old 2013-09-06, 02:59   Link #9182
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The American Average View Post
when did they install a hot spring =p? wonder what the engineers/contractors thought when putting it in
They probably thought the Archangel no longer needed to be just a pure warship as it's not even in an active military service. I wonder which room(s) was(ere) replaced.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 03:00   Link #9183
Skye629

On the subject of the new episode:

Check out the GG post for the EP, I believe we have discovered an all new low for SEED haters XD (yeah SEED is not the best, most of us realize this, but these ppl totally need intervention)

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2013/0...l#comment-form
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 03:55   Link #9184
The American Average
2LMES

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
They probably thought the Archangel no longer needed to be just a pure warship as it's not even in an active military service. I wonder which room(s) was(ere) replaced.
seems like a real waste of time and money, if they weren't going to keep it an active warship why not decommission it, but it really doesn't matter, maybe the AA already had it in seed and they never showed it. in all honestly i bet that hot spring thing is a pain in the ass to up keep, Zero gravity hot spring... that sounds kinda cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
I know i shouldn't even bother but there is an art to trolling and these guys clearly don't get it, just seems like losers with nothing better to do.
Old 2013-09-06, 05:14   Link #9185
Aquaman OS

They already refitted the ship to be a freaking submarine.

Why not add a bath while they were at it?
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 13:17   Link #9186
S.Freedom

But aside from fanservice why would the Archangel need a hotspring? oh wait.....

Seriously though of the three mods I'm aware of, 1)submarine, 2)torpedo's and 3)hotspring. The third has no obvious benefit in combat situations. And surely there are other ways of allowing the crew to relax than installing a hotspring.

Last edited by S.Freedom; 2013-09-06 at 14:46.
S.Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 13:21   Link #9187
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Freedom View Post
But aside from fanservice why would the Archangel need a hotspring? oh wait.....
Relaxation for the crew.
Quote:
And surely there other ways of allowing the crew to relax than installing a hotspring.
Maybe there is, but that doesn't mean a hot spring isn't a valid option, especially since they were obviously able to do it quite well.

It simply depends on what they personally want.
Old 2013-09-06, 14:21   Link #9188
The American Average
2LMES

really monster defending the hot spring on the AA? its stupid and was just there for cheap fan service, iirc you never see it in use again in the show.
Old 2013-09-06, 15:03   Link #9189
monster

Quote:
really monster defending the hot spring on the AA? its stupid and was just there for cheap fan service, iirc you never see it in use again in the show.
There's nothing to defend. It's their ship, and they can do whatever they want with it and they can use it as many times as they want.
Old 2013-09-06, 15:36   Link #9190
Der Langrisser
Valkyrie pilot

Quote:
You know, some Soviet submarines, notably the Typhoon-class, even had a little swimming pool and gym inside, so a hot spring in the Archangel is definitely not that far-fetched.
Der Langrisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 16:01   Link #9191
The American Average
2LMES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Langrisser View Post
You know, some Soviet submarines, notably the Typhoon-class, even had a little swimming pool and gym inside, so a hot spring in the Archangel is definitely not that far-fetched.
thats pretty cool but it still sounds pretty dumb for a space ship/sub to have a hot spring

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrULRXlAlMU video of swimming pool sub.
Old 2013-09-06, 17:00   Link #9192
monster

Quote:
thats pretty cool but it still sounds pretty dumb for a space ship/sub to have a hot spring
Well, if it works, then it works.
Old 2013-09-06, 20:22   Link #9193
quagmire

Are we seriously arguing over a hot spring?
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 20:51   Link #9194
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

They are seriously arguing over a hot spring. One that had a single scene in two 50-episode series.
Old 2013-09-06, 22:03   Link #9195
Skye629

Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrULRXlAlMU video of swimming pool sub.
Ditto: its rather unpractical for a warship like the AA, if the spaceship was a medical or luxury ship then it would have been much easier to swallow

On a sub it makes a bit more sense to have a pool and gym, as 1. It helps keep the crew fit, and most importantly 2. Something for the crew to do, subs can go on patrol missions underwater for long periods of time (with hardly any/no surfacing, as it risks exposure), it helps to stretch out and have something to do

I will agree with Monster though that since it was their ship they could do whatever they wanted with it, especially since it was not commissioned at that time
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 22:18   Link #9196
cyberdemon

Quote:
Ditto: its rather unpractical for a warship like the AA, if the spaceship was a medical or luxury ship then it would have been much easier to swallow

On a sub it makes a bit more sense to have a pool and gym, as 1. It helps keep the crew fit, and most importantly 2. Something for the crew to do, subs can go on patrol missions underwater for long periods of time (with hardly any/no surfacing, as it risks exposure), it helps to stretch out and have something to do

I will agree with Monster though that since it was their ship they could do whatever they wanted with it, especially since it was not commissioned at that time
If you think about it, a submarine and a spaceship aren't that much different. The only difference is that one is in water and one is in space. Either way you can't just freely step outside either and for both spend anywhere from weeks or months without making port.
Old 2013-09-06, 22:27   Link #9197
CBredbeard
Banned

A hot spring doesn't take up that much space. Actually Archangel has always operated with a skeleton crew. Why not spruce up the place a bit?
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 22:54   Link #9198
The American Average
2LMES

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
Are we seriously arguing over a hot spring?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
They are seriously arguing over a hot spring. One that had a single scene in two 50-episode series.
this is far from an argument, we've seen arguments on this board and those go on and on for pages.

Quote:
i just find it weird they went all out with the hot spring, stone rock walls and bamboo wall/fence. a nice Jacuzzi or something would have made more sense to me. it really doesn't matter it doesn't change anything in the plot

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
If you think about it, a submarine and a spaceship aren't that much different. The only difference is that one is in water and one is in space. Either way you can't just freely step outside either and for both spend anywhere from weeks or months without making port.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBredbeard View Post
A hot spring doesn't take up that much space. Actually Archangel has always operated with a skeleton crew. Why not spruce up the place a bit?
yeah thats true, that reminds of that awesome recreation room in the Nahel Argama in Unicorn.
Old 2013-09-07, 00:12   Link #9199
MoonLightShadows
Gundam Meister

when I saw the hot spring. I wonder if they drain the water back into tanks when the ship is in combat. The Impulse VS Freedom battle the front end of the ship was tilting down pretty far to escape for water to not splash everywhere inside the Arch Angel.

Last edited by MoonLightShadows; 2013-09-07 at 00:23.
MoonLightShadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 04:26   Link #9200
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
i just find it weird they went all out with the hot spring, stone rock walls and bamboo wall/fence. a nice Jacuzzi or something would have made more sense to me. it really doesn't matter it doesn't change anything in the plot
Cultural heritage Japan has a thing for hot springs.

Honestly, it wouldn't be that silly though, empty the " hot spring " pool when you do something, fill it up when there is no battle station alert.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep