AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-04-23, 08:47   Link #21
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

turn A, its a masterpiece
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 09:40   Link #22
Fafnir
I believe I can fly!

Yep, Turn A, hands down.
Fafnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 10:26   Link #23
Soluzar

Send a message via AIM to Soluzar Send a message via MSN to Soluzar Send a message via Yahoo to Soluzar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z.E.R.O
but i reckon people favourite gundam series is almost always the one they saw first and that got them into the gundam saga.
I saw both Wing and Mobile Suit Gundam before I saw Zeta. That's my favourite.
Soluzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 13:09   Link #24
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
ZZ Gundam! then Wing, then Gundam X
Old 2006-04-23, 13:22   Link #25
Newtyped
Gangsta Member

Send a message via ICQ to Newtyped Send a message via AIM to Newtyped Send a message via Yahoo to Newtyped
turn A looks gay, I'm sorry
I love gundam x,
its the first gundam I've seen in years,
and I'm watching it Right now as i talk ^^;;
Newtyped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 13:32   Link #26
Gattzu
Silent but Awesome

Gundam SEED is my favorite, since it introduces the god himself Kira Yamato.

Zeta is also a good series if you like little emo kids running around screaming and slapping everyone. Nah but seriously, Zeta is a really good show, but SEED is better.
Gattzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 13:37   Link #27
Sekreteraren

Turn A Gundam, followed by 0080, 8th MS Team and Zeta Gundam.

Personally, I found Wing to be an awful show. My introduction to Gundam (and to anime in general) was the compilation movies of the original series, and since I found them to be awesome, I went out and bought some DVDs. I knew almost nothing about Gundam, and Wing looked alright. Worst. Purchase. Ever.
Sekreteraren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 13:39   Link #28
Newtyped
Gangsta Member

Send a message via ICQ to Newtyped Send a message via AIM to Newtyped Send a message via Yahoo to Newtyped
gundam wing got me into gundam
I loved it, and it changed my life T_T
of course i was like 8 or wutever when it came out, so it may have sucked and i wouldnt have known lol.
Gundam x is great tho.
I love gundam :')
Old 2006-04-23, 13:55   Link #29
Fafnir
I believe I can fly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtyped
turn A looks gay, I'm sorry
I love gundam x,
its the first gundam I've seen in years,
and I'm watching it Right now as i talk ^^;;
First of all, I don't believe the Turn A looks like it wants to give someone anal. Second of all, if you're going to judge a series by the looks of the MS, I suggest you just go watch GSD.

Don't bash Turn A until you've seen the entire thing.
Old 2006-04-23, 14:01   Link #30
Newtyped
Gangsta Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fafnir
First of all, I don't believe the Turn A looks like it wants to give someone anal. Second of all, if you're going to judge a series by the looks of the MS, I suggest you just go watch GSD.

Don't bash Turn A until you've seen the entire thing.
i mean the actual gundam model called "gundam turn a"
looks gay

<REMOVED>

listen before u try to complain

Last edited by Mr_Paper; 2006-04-24 at 01:31. Reason: Do NOT hotlink images!
Old 2006-04-23, 14:09   Link #31
Fafnir
I believe I can fly!

First of all, I don't believe the Turn A looks like it wants to give someone anal

I believe I said that. The Turn A is a beautifully designed machine. Just because it's different doesn't mean it's bad. And I don't see anything on the MS that hints homosexuality.
Old 2006-04-23, 14:11   Link #32
Newtyped
Gangsta Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fafnir
First of all, I don't believe the Turn A looks like it wants to give someone anal

I believe I said that. The Turn A is a beautifully designed machine. Just because it's different doesn't mean it's bad. And I don't see anything on the MS that hints homosexuality.
its a term that means its stupid
of course you know that and you are being smartass -.-
turn a looks ugly to me, and to everyone I know
Old 2006-04-23, 14:13   Link #33
OmegaZEROCustom
The Alpha and the Omega

Ah the typical 14 year old insult. "It looks gay". Gee, I don't see how the robot could be construed as a homosexual. I mean, did it ever attempt to engage in intercourse with Harry Ord's SUMO, or Gym's Turn X? Oh wait, you wouldn't know because you never saw the show. Now, if by "gay" you mean it looks "stupid", fine. But perhaps, instead of making yourself look like an ass and claiming something is homosexual because it "looks" that way, try instead actually saying what you really mean.

EDIT: "its a term that means its stupid"

No, gay is a term that implies homosexuality or happiness. Stupid is a term that implies something is stupid.

Anyway, I loved Turn A. Of my favorite series, I'd have X, SEED and Turn A all on top, in no particular order. I hated Turn A when I saw teh first episode because I thought the animation just looked wierd. I wasn't too keen on the mecha design, and the chracter design just seems like such a rapid departure from what I had seen before, but I gave it a chance and found that it had a great storyline. Plus all the little tidbits and "cameos" from the other series really gave it that 20th Anniversary feel that I know Sunrise wanted it to have, and with it interwoven into the story the way it was, it created a great story not only for the series alone, but for the franchise as a whole.
OmegaZEROCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 14:14   Link #34
idofgrahf

Send a message via MSN to idofgrahf
My fav would be Victory, Zeta, MSG and CCA. Victory for the insanely high body counts, (war is hell!) Zeta again for a rather large # of body counts, Char and Amuro are in it as well. The Original because its the one that started it all, CCA because the final battle between Char and Amuro really rocks, that and I like the design for the Nu, although I would have perfered the High-Nu better.
GS was pretty good for the first half, then it turned to the super robot genre, GSD just simply sucked.

As for GW, the fights were pretty good but the politics made no sense, absoult peace? come on, that's all out impossible. That and for the later half, wing Zero was all but impossible to beat with normal MS, that turned it into another super robot show.

Lacan/Grahf
idofgrahf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 14:18   Link #35
Newtyped
Gangsta Member

and homosexuality is stupid
dam does everyone whos 21 have to be a smartass -.-
typical 21 think they smarter attitude
turn A looks gay, and i dont see how u can lik the way it looks
Old 2006-04-23, 14:34   Link #36
OmegaZEROCustom
The Alpha and the Omega

Typical foolish 14 year old. Blind to the real world. No, we don't have to all be smartasses. There are plenty of them your age and older than us to go around too.

Frankly, I still don't find the Turn A as a mecha all that appealing. But the show isn't about the robot. If you want one that is, go watch GSD or G Gundam where the super flashy ultra robot do crazy insane things. If you want a series that has amazingly well written characters and a great paced storyline, Turn A is awesome.

As far as homosexuality being stupid, I figured you would say something stupid like that. It just proves that you are a bigot and a fool. But whatever, thats not a discussion for here. Like I said to you elsewhere, I'm done replaying to you, so you can simply PM me if you want to discuss things further. I could care less.
Old 2006-04-23, 14:36   Link #37
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

The one thing that made turn A so cool was loran himself

No other gundam pilot(besides domon) wields beam swords as creatively/effectively as he does. at first he showed himself skilled with sword fighting, then he came up with the spinning sword move that took out a ship. Next he has defensive sword techniques, beam swords become beam shields, he even made turn A invisible using heat.

Well not just light sabres, he converts shields and guns into melee weapons. ive never thought that spike-ball hammers were cool until Loran wielded the gundam hammer. Hes probably the best melee gundam pilot in the gundam universe not counting G gundam of course.

Honestly because of how loran piloted the turn A, he made it look so cool to me, i no longer found it ugly in any way.
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 14:40   Link #38
OmegaZEROCustom
The Alpha and the Omega

Yeah, I'll give you that. The Gundam Hammer was lame until the Turn A got its hand on it.

As far as the design goes, I wasn't really fair on it above. I like the design, I just don't like all he hard angles it has, but I guess that gives it a uniqueness from all other Gundams. Besides, if I didn't at least liek it a little bit, I would have the model kit for it...lol
Old 2006-04-23, 16:31   Link #39
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
My favorites: Turn A, Zeta, Original, CCA, Victory, and X. (in no particular order)

Least favorites: last half of GSEED (as idofgrahf said, it turned super robot in the last half ), Wing wasn't bad, but I didn't like how the Gundams were nearly indestructible for a lot of the fights, and I especially didn't like the "Invinceability Factor" (Hilde should have been sooo dead after taking that many Vayeate beam cannon shots in the back), and GSD...well, yeah, it sucked.
Old 2006-04-23, 17:00   Link #40
Gattzu
Silent but Awesome

Turn-A Gundam design may be ugly as hell but it's one heck of a show, more story to it then any other Gundam show.
Gattzu is offline   Reply With Quote