Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-07-05, 14:57   Link #201
ryublade

Spoiler:
ryublade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-06, 01:26   Link #202
iceashura

Send a message via ICQ to iceashura Send a message via MSN to iceashura Send a message via Yahoo to iceashura
Hmm....since he likes wandering...maybe a tourguide or something...or maybe like those secret agent on secret mission...who wander around catching those bad guys and report back to the imperial court...heehee...
iceashura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-06, 16:20   Link #203
ryublade

I was thinking that it is surprising that this story hasn't been made into a live action drama by now. Certainly, the storyline is suited be be made into one of those ancient drama shows. I would certainly watch it even though I haven't watched one of those ancient chinese drama shows in ages. If this happens, I hope the HK film studio does it since they seem to have better cinematography. Although most likely, TW film studio will do it since they seem to do all shows based off of mangas such as The Devil Within and It started with a Kiss, etc.
Old 2006-07-06, 17:41   Link #204
Yaoi_Pocky
mentionitis ouendanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryublade
I was thinking that it is surprising that this story hasn't been made into a live action drama by now. Certainly, the storyline is suited be be made into one of those ancient drama shows. I would certainly watch it even though I haven't watched one of those ancient chinese drama shows in ages. If this happens, I hope the HK film studio does it since they seem to have better cinematography. Although most likely, TW film studio will do it since they seem to do all shows based off of mangas such as The Devil Within and It started with a Kiss, etc.
A TVB (Hong Kong's largest television studio, Wikipedia link here )x Taiwanese TV studio co-production, perhaps?

Although if TVB gets the broadcast rights to the anime itself in Hong Kong, they would probably re-dub the OP into Cantonese, as they are wont to do for about 4 out of 5 anime shows that they get the Hong Kong broadcast rights for...
Yaoi_Pocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-06, 18:55   Link #205
Sakuya
*Artist

I agree, a live action drama from TVB would be awesome. But is it just me or are they starting to fail because mainland China's productions are becoming far more superior in all aspects.

But yeah, it'd be cool to see this as a live action drama that's actually a fantasy.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-06, 19:37   Link #206
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Personally I don't any of the live action that has come form HK or taiwan. All the stuff I seen so far stinks. I rather the live action form the 80s then any of the crap they put out these days with actors that can't act, directors that can't direct and writers that haven't written anything original(good) in 30 years.

The hk/taiwan/mainland tv will probably butcher the show by trying to rewrite it so they can say they improve it.
Old 2006-07-09, 13:27   Link #207
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I've updated the hashihime Saiunkoku Characters' Faces and Names page.

As for a live drama, I'd watch it for sure, but the fact that this is a fantasy setting rather than being set in the real Chinese past removes one of the selling points of those shows, so it may not be of as much interest to producers.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 11:23   Link #208
ryublade

Although it's a fantasy not actual historical ancient China, I think it would still work since Saiunkoku is based off of ancient China. I mean look at some of the ancient China movie drama and most of it is so dramatized and mythical that it might as well be a fantasy. (Because no matter what anyone says, no way can people fly/leap from building to building. IF that was the case, I would hire a bunch of those people to be my message couriers if I was the King. It would have been faster than modern day's FedEx. LOL )

In any case, while I wait patiently for the fansubs (Great thanks to We Suck and please continue to fansub till the end), I wish I could read the novels (there's already 10 out!). Can anyone tell if the novels are in japanese or they also in chinese?
Old 2006-07-12, 06:52   Link #209
miaka

Quote:
In any case, while I wait patiently for the fansubs (Great thanks to We Suck and please continue to fansub till the end), I wish I could read the novels (there's already 10 out!). Can anyone tell if the novels are in japanese or they also in chinese?
6 books were officially translated into chinese and released by Kodokawa.

Last edited by miaka; 2006-07-15 at 11:51.
miaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-16, 18:17   Link #210
Codex

Backpedalling a bit to episode 6

Spoiler:
Codex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-16, 19:22   Link #211
Yaoi_Pocky
mentionitis ouendanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codex
Backpedalling a bit to episode 6

Spoiler:
Spoiler for Saiunkoku TV Ep. 4, 6 and 7, Saiunkoku Novel Vol. 1:
Yaoi_Pocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-17, 13:23   Link #212
ryublade

Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-17, 16:18   Link #213
Codex

Spoiler for Saiunkoku TV Ep. 4, 6 and 7, Saiunkoku Novel Vol. 1:

Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-18, 10:46   Link #214
ryublade

For Codex:

If you like Ryuuki's relationship with his brother Seiran, there's a cute ministory in the CD dramas which provides a flashback to when the brothers first met each other and their feelings regarding that moment. It's very touching

CD drama spoiler (maybe?):
Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-18, 16:28   Link #215
Codex

Quote:
For Codex:

If you like Ryuuki's relationship with his brother Seiran, there's a cute ministory in the CD dramas which provides a flashback to when the brothers first met each other and their feelings regarding that moment. It's very touching
OOOOH! That's sounds so beautiful. Is this the "Ogon no Yakusoku" Drama CD (it's the only one released so far on cdjapan)? Hopefully the Japanese isn't too difficult ... I wish more people would translate Drama CDs like that one Twelve Kingdoms drama CD.
Old 2006-07-19, 07:44   Link #216
alia_sen

I also love this series. The style made me think of Fushigi Yugi (as other people mentioned) although the story is entirely different... and to my utter relief, no annoying personalities yet!

So far, only 7 subbed episodes are released (Thank you so much, [We Suck]! You are fantastic!) I am one of those people who likes to buy anime series that I enjoy. Anyone know if the actual anime, subbed in English, is available to buy? Preferably the entire series.

I think its great so far, though I'm having trouble understanding what is/and what was going on between the two elder advisers, the one who changes appearances, and the one who died... can anyone enlighten me?
alia_sen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-19, 08:12   Link #217
teh_suck
AKA Torgen from We Suck
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by alia_sen
Anyone know if the actual anime, subbed in English, is available to buy?
If it was (legitimately), we wouldn't be subbing it.
teh_suck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 01:30   Link #218
alia_sen

shucks... couldn't help hoping.

The subbing so far by [Suck] is great...

I have Noir (one of my favorite series), both the downloaded versions (fan subbed) and a store-bought version. I'll never get rid of the downloaded versions, and I'll never watch the store bought version... the subtitles on the store version are grammatically incorrect, mis-spelled, and terrible to read. What a waste of money! Like I said, I like to support good anime by buying it when it comes out in the store, but a lot of the stuff in the store has awful subtitling. Hopefully Saiunkoku will be a better release whenever it makes it to the stores.

In the meantime, you fansubbers are my heroes!
alia_sen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 18:09   Link #219
lavalyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by alia_sen
shucks... couldn't help hoping.

The subbing so far by [Suck] is great...

I have Noir (one of my favorite series), both the downloaded versions (fan subbed) and a store-bought version. I'll never get rid of the downloaded versions, and I'll never watch the store bought version... the subtitles on the store version are grammatically incorrect, mis-spelled, and terrible to read. What a waste of money! Like I said, I like to support good anime by buying it when it comes out in the store, but a lot of the stuff in the store has awful subtitling. Hopefully Saiunkoku will be a better release whenever it makes it to the stores.
We Suck Fansubs releases scriptpacks to go alongside the DVDs that are released in Japan, to encourage people that do buy DVDs to consider importing them from Japan. This allows for viewers to view our subtitling work even if the discs themselves have no subtitle tracks. So please do consider importing the DVDs of Tale of Saiunkoku when they become available in Japan.

So says the unofficial marketing lackey of We Suck Fansubs, anyway.
lavalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 20:42   Link #220
SquishyStar
Squishable

Send a message via AIM to SquishyStar Send a message via Yahoo to SquishyStar
Unhappy Episode 8?

So I was watching
Saiunkoku Monogatari on youtube and it seems that its only available to episode 7. So i left off where Shuurei leaves the palace and before she does she is kissed by the emperor. I want to know what happens next. Is ther anywere else on line I can watch the remaining episodes or is it worth it for me to by copies of the series from sellers on ebay? Though the mentioned copies for sale only include episodes1-8. Is that all there is. Please share your knowledge of this series with me.
SquishyStar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, historical, madhouse