AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-11-25, 23:23   Link #161
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I'm fine with his Q, though. Just wish there is some kind of slow on his W, because frankly, the only time it's useful is when I have Nether Grasp.
Old 2010-11-26, 02:30   Link #162
Sanya

I play LoL, but only at the EU Server.. I love the game, but when u play it, you'll need time
Old 2010-11-26, 08:36   Link #163
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ Haven't had a game last more than 45 mins, people either win or surrender by then.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-26, 08:45   Link #164
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Longest match I had is 70 minutes. It was intense to the last minute, and we won by 4 people holding off their 5 while one of us goes destroy their Nexus. Just say if it took a few more seconds, then we probably had lost .
Old 2010-11-26, 08:56   Link #165
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

Longest I had is 86 mins where I used AP Ezreal. That was when Ez still has his 100% gay heal. Forgot the details though, all I remember is the very long stand-off near our mid inhibitor. In the end, we won.
Old 2010-11-26, 11:32   Link #166
Kafriel
Senior Guest

How common are leechers in high-level games? Just had one with two guys who hit level 7 and just afk'd, and when we said that we lost coz it was 3v5, they did smilies. Also, I seem to be lagging frequently these past two days, it totally messes up with my chaining skills and offers lots of kills early game. What2Do?
Old 2010-11-26, 11:39   Link #167
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

I'd say 1/10 of the time you'll meet one. Maybe lower.
Old 2010-11-26, 11:49   Link #168
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Hey man i finished a ranked game... What a... noob game, i can't believe this shit. I think I will not play at 20-24 PM cause there are too much kids.
Hey in my game, I had 2 guys who want mid, so they went mid together . They give xp to the mid ennemy... We had no jungle. Our Warwick was ... ,hey don't laugh, AP. Just WHAT THE HELL is that sh!?!
He fed the ennemy team ofc.

Really boring...

PS: it's my crying time
Old 2010-11-26, 12:45   Link #169
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Hmm.....I actually like 2 mid strategy. Give one good lane control champion to take the top, 2 others at the bottom and 2 mid so we can control dragon better, and 2 people at mid will try their best to pressure/push the mid tower. Once the mid went down, they lost their solo advantage.

And AP Warwick is viable, kinda. Malady/Deathfire/Zhonya is lolz.
Old 2010-11-26, 15:16   Link #170
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Today's NOT my day...lags for 2 games, then the other guys were lagging, then we were winning for real, but I had to join the dinner table and we lost T_____T I'll hate chicken for the rest of the week.

EDIT: Tonight's last game was also a loss...facing Eve&Twitch and I'm the only one who bothered with the whole stealth department...an amazing 30/64 score of team kills, we were obliterated. Teamwork only gets you so far, I guess. Btw I hate it when everyone says GG and two guys go all "HAHA NOOBS GO PLAY TUTORIAL".

Last edited by Kafriel; 2010-11-26 at 16:42.
Old 2010-11-26, 16:14   Link #171
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Normally it's:

-1 solo up
-2 solo down to control the dragon
-1 jungle
-1 mid

if there is 2 mid, they will not take the tower fast against a good solo mid (and this one will have more level than the 2 mid).
The solo mid must level fast, and gank (and carry). That's why we saw Ashe, Pantheon etc...

And sorry but I can't see a Warwick AP viable. I play a lot of ranked game and the only way to build warwick is the jungle warwick dps.

Well IMO.
Old 2010-11-26, 19:20   Link #172
Sanya

What are ur fav. champs?
Old 2010-11-26, 21:42   Link #173
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albafica View Post
Normally it's:

-1 solo up
-2 solo down to control the dragon
-1 jungle
-1 mid
Well, that's normally. I'm trying to do something different with my team. Take Sivir and Janna to mid, while give Morde a top, and the last 2 at the bottom.

I don't play much solo ranked anyway. Most of the time I only play with pre-made 5 people team against other pre-made team. I just hate solo ranked match, because people want me to play how they think it's good instead of let me decide what's best for me.
Old 2010-11-27, 04:47   Link #174
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Well maybe your strategy is good. I already see that in game (and with a premade), and it was a fail. But well, maybe my team was a bit bad.

And I agree with you about Solo Ranked. But there are some really good game with awesome teamplay. But sometimes you are with the bad team...

By the way, my favourite champion is Sivir (but my main is Ashe).

I did a ranked game today, they had a jungler, not us. So me as Ashe with Janna vs the solo lane Morgana. Zonning . We outlevel her. It was funny.
Old 2010-11-29, 10:42   Link #175
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

I'm reaching a point where I'm aware that I'm dying too much pointlessly generally due to being out of position, overextending, or being underleveled. Are there some general tips that people use? I notice that with many games, there will be two or three of us who have the same high amount of deaths, and one or two people with decent kills and assists but half the deaths.

Also, does it make a difference that this generally happens to me when I'm using tanks like Rammus? I tend to try to save people a lot.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 11:00   Link #176
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ Yes. Tips: If you're underleveled, go jungle or play defensively on a needed lane if someone else is jungling on your team. If you're overextending, press tab: the champions in sight are highlighted, so be wary of the ones that aren't. Calling misses helps avoid an expected ambush, but generally you shouldn't push alone unless all the enemies are occupied with your comrades or you can handle one or two of them until a team mate of yours comes to assist.
Some heroes are BAD at laning (Warwick, Udyr, etc.) so they usually jungle until it's time to start ganking. Be wary of those as they can easily kill squishies gone astray, getting wards can help predict their movements.
About tanks: they are meant to die, really. Your infinite life means nothing if you're not drawing fire, your real mission is to take the bullet so that your Ryze friend can spam their asses to death. That being said, you missing means there's no way to initiate a battle; imagine Zilean or Veigar, even against a single opponent their chances of success are rather low, simply because they are support characters (i.e. they can gank but only while someone else is busy taking hits). So, try to stay alive long enough to be able to draw fire.
Old 2010-11-29, 23:29   Link #177
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
I'm reaching a point where I'm aware that I'm dying too much pointlessly generally due to being out of position, overextending, or being underleveled. Are there some general tips that people use? I notice that with many games, there will be two or three of us who have the same high amount of deaths, and one or two people with decent kills and assists but half the deaths.

Also, does it make a difference that this generally happens to me when I'm using tanks like Rammus? I tend to try to save people a lot.
As long as your (assist + kill) : death ratio is 1.5:1, and your team is winning, it's fine. Although there are many thing you need to watch out for when playing Rammus, and they are:

- Only run in if you know people behind you can catch up with you, otherwise you just give another 300 golds for your opponent.
- Only save anyone that worth saving, and make sure that if you try to save him/her, only one of you die, not both.
- Farm when there is no ganking. Don't let yourself be underlevel. Your ult has short cooldown, so use it to push back creep wave with more than 10 of them. You shouldn't be more than 3 level lower than the highest level one of your team.
- Communicate. Ping when you are going to jump in.
- Positioning....well, I'm not sure I can give any advice for Rammus about positioning, since it's pretty much "must be in the center of the fight", and don't use your taunt on enemy carry, but their support/caster instead.
- Pray that your teammates are not idiot, because the tank's job is taking hit and dying.

Don't worry about k/d ratio much. As I was playing Revive Pantheon, my dead count is always the highest of my team . It's your effectiveness for your team that matters.
Old 2010-11-30, 03:08   Link #178
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
- Positioning....well, I'm not sure I can give any advice for Rammus about positioning, since it's pretty much "must be in the center of the fight", and don't use your taunt on enemy carry, but their support/caster instead.
Rammus usually initiates with PB flash+DBC+tremor+taunt combo, so positioning doesn't matter as much. Still, it's always good to start from the sides, since they're not teeming with creeps. Remember that Rammus stacks armour, which means:
A) he is vulnerable to burst spellcasters like Annie, Morganna and Ryze, but also to the early-game harass of Nunu and the likes of him. Make sure you can take what the enemy team will dish out, provided that you will have the support of your team.
B) until he stacks that armour he is just as vulnerable to creeps too. Don't neglect their damage early-game, starting off needs caution.

EDIT: No rotation this week?

Last edited by Kafriel; 2010-11-30 at 09:01.
Old 2010-11-30, 12:29   Link #179
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

I guess all of that makes sense. Some of it I didn't even think of. It's just putting it into practice, I guess.

Also, rotation is probably delayed with the patch, maybe? As long as we can get free Trynd/Vlad week over....
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 13:18   Link #180
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
EDIT: No rotation this week?
It got delay 1 or 2 days. I hate Vlad/Corki free week =.=.

Tags
league of legends, lol