AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Penguin Drum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-26, 16:50   Link #941
Forsaken_Infinity

I loved the episode. It was crazy - absolutely crazy and just the way I like it.
Old 2011-08-26, 19:59   Link #942
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

For the love of God, #2... Just... The derp of it all. The pure, grade-A, FDA-approved, undiluted derp.

The maternity project seems to throw some of Ringo's accepted intentions into question. How exactly bearing his child will bring her closer to becoming Momoka is a little baffling. The chemistry between her and Shouma is really starting to show. They make quite the entertaining duo.

Still no Himari. I'm starting to forget what her usual self is like. It seems since she "died", she hasn't done much besides crochet with #3, and get curry dumped on her head.
Old 2011-08-26, 20:07   Link #943
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
The maternity project seems to throw some of Ringo's accepted intentions into question. How exactly bearing his child will bring her closer to becoming Momoka is a little baffling.
It's because the M project is described in Momoka's diary, meaning Momoka as a child fantasized with the idea of bearing Tabuki's offspring. But of course, since she died when she was 6 years old this future she fantasized about never became reality. Now Ringo is trying to make Momoka's unfulfilled future a reality.
Old 2011-08-26, 21:08   Link #944
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I don't know how accurate are this numbers, but even if they are not exactly correct, this at least give you a general idea of the timeline.

Anyway, so I was right about Momoka being no more then 6 or 7 years old when she died. This means two things:

1- She couldn't be pregnat (duh)

2- The entries in her diary don't describe real moments of her life, but rather moments she hoped/imagined that would happen between her and Tabuki in the future, a future that never happened because she died too young.
Oh doh. For some reason I thought she was Keiju's age.
Old 2011-08-26, 21:25   Link #945
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
Oh doh. For some reason I thought she was Keiju's age.
Momoka was the same age as him. But Tabuki too was 6 or 7 years old when Momoka died.
Old 2011-08-26, 23:32   Link #946
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Anyway, so I was right about Momoka being no more then 6 or 7 years old when she died. This means two things:
The thought occurred to me, how specific are the dates in Ringo/Momoko's diary? I assume it's the same day and month but is the year 1994 or 2011? Funny enough, I just searched online and you can use a 1994 calendar in 2011, but I thought the theory was that Momoko died in 1995 due to the subway gas attack? Unless there's a lot more left in her diary for Ringo to carry out....
Old 2011-08-27, 00:28   Link #947
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Can't wait for the next episode.....

Agree that the focus on Ringo was a bit too strong, and we only have a short cut-screen of Kanba + Penguin Queen (comes out to order the brothers), which is not varied enough. Want more Himari and the Penguin Queen also

Based on what happened, I have a feeling that Ringo does not hold a romantic feeling toward Tabuki, but rather she did all that simply due to her obsession on her mission
Old 2011-08-27, 00:37   Link #948
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
One thing I'll say in Ringo's defense (even though I was critical of her overexposure in the latest episode) is that at least she's starting to treat Shouma as an actual human being with his own goals and aspirations, and not merely as a convenient tool to be used or an obstacle to be removed.

I say that due to how Ringo used the "Do it for Himari's sake!" line on Shouma this episode, and she struck me as sincere while saying it. Yes, it's borderline blackmail what she's doing there, but at least she realizes that Shouma should be getting something out of this himself; that he's not just her slave, or anything like that.

Also, I think that Ringo respects, and relates to, Shouma's desire to save his sister. Indeed, that provides a great shared context for a bond to grow between them. Both Ringo and Shouma are driven by family concerns, by sisters in particular, and so that gives them much in common.
Old 2011-08-27, 00:42   Link #949
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I think you're giving her way, way too much credit. She saw Shouma wavering and threw that in his face to make sure he was compliant.

Honestly, after what she put him through in this episode, I just can't see that as evidence she's treating him as a human being. Nothing says respect like making you let a frog spawn on your back, eh?
Old 2011-08-27, 00:45   Link #950
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I think you're giving her way, way too much credit. She saw Shouma wavering and threw that in his face to make sure he was compliant.

Honestly, after what she put him through in this episode, I just can't see that as evidence she's treating him as a human being. Nothing says respect like making you let a frog spawn on your back, eh?
Well, I see it as a step in the right direction. A very tiny baby step, but a step nonetheless.

I won't deny I like the idea of a Ringo/Shouma shipping, so I hope that we see her gradually move closer and closer to viewing him as an equal, since that would help the shipping.

Granted, she still has a long way's to go yet.
Old 2011-08-27, 00:46   Link #951
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

At this point the only one I want to see Ringo paired with is a highly respected - and preferably armed - mental health professional.
Old 2011-08-27, 02:47   Link #952
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I won't deny I like the idea of a Ringo/Shouma shipping, so I hope that we see her gradually move closer and closer to viewing him as an equal, since that would help the shipping. .
I don't think Ringo sees Shouma as an equal (far from it) I do think Shouma is special for Ringo I mean he's the only person in existence in which she can act like herself without any consequences.
That should certainly count for something.
Old 2011-08-27, 04:46   Link #953
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:

She really believe on the love potion, and it specifically stated that the participant have to be 16 years old boy. Knowing her, she probably will do it herself if it was saying "16 years old girl", so what happened can't prove that she is treating Sho as sub-human.

She has just been carrying on her plan at all cost, even at the cost of "sacrificing" Sho, or herself
Old 2011-08-27, 08:10   Link #954
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Quote:
It's because the M project is described in Momoka's diary, meaning Momoka as a child fantasized with the idea of bearing Tabuki's offspring. But of course, since she died when she was 6 years old this future she fantasized about never became reality. Now Ringo is trying to make Momoka's unfulfilled future a reality.
That makes more sense. While I understood the rest, I kind of figured that Project M was Ringo's own creation. It just didn't sound like the sort of thing that would suit Momoka's diary.
Old 2011-08-27, 09:20   Link #955
Happy_Chip

>Honestly, after what she put him through in this episode, I just can't see that as evidence she's treating him as a human being

>I have a feeling that Ringo does not hold a romantic feeling toward Tabuki, but rather she did all that simply due to her obsession on her mission

I don't think Ringo views any person as a true human being. They're all objects to be manipulated to try to assuage her pain. Her 'love' isn't love in any true sense of the word.

>I want to see Ringo paired with is a highly respected - and preferably armed - mental health professional.

Yes. Fabulous Max on this.

Also, I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I wonder if that diary is cursed - what you write in it, the exact opposite happens. Everything that Ringo, or her deceased sister wrote in it, has not come true. (Unless you consider it being fulfilled in some perverse, painful way).
Old 2011-08-27, 11:05   Link #956
klare

black magic circle, real meaning of Project M, i never felf Ringo is creepy until this eps...

Penguin #2 is doing all sorts of cute things again
Old 2011-08-27, 11:34   Link #957
CJ_Walker

.ok, I dont know if this has been mentioned already but. . . in the op it certainly shows tabuki looking evil and ringo running., BUSTING INTO FLAMES, and disappearing. . .

does that mean Tabuki is going to turn evil and maybe kill ringo (and maybe even had a hand in momoko's death?)

also. . .does anyone get the feeling that something is going on off screen between the older brother and peguin head chick? it always seems like they are going to have a talk about stuff after the other person is dropped off back to reality. . .
Old 2011-08-27, 11:47   Link #958
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Quote:
I guess I'll be in the minority on this, but that was probably the weakest episode of the series for me. Most of the humor fell flat and the continued emphasis on Ringo is really starting to wear on me.
I'm the exact opposite, absolutely loved this episode. Ringo is really growing on me, really enjoy her, and I loved the comedy. This anime is turning out to be a lot more wacky than i thought it would be, a pleasant surprise.
Old 2011-08-27, 14:27   Link #959
kitten320

I just watched all 7 episodes... I must say I have mixed feelings about this show... it is so random and stupid sometimes, yet I still keep watching it 0_o

Penguins are mostly the main reason, I love them
Old 2011-08-27, 14:39   Link #960
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
The only good thing about this show are the penguins and that girl with the paintballs. If this show keeps focusing on Ringo too much, I'm dropping it.

Set by TheEroKing.
Closed Thread

Tags
drama, ikuhara, penguin, stalking, supernatural, surrealism