AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2015-01-28, 06:46   Link #21
Amanomurakumo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by laon View Post
The nag WILL always exist, no matter how fast or accurate you are. If you're bothered by it every time it appear, you'll just tire yourself out over such trivial matter. It benefit no one (unless the nag/complain/critique is justified of course).

I don't really defend them, I suggest 'real' TLers to just ignore them and don't let their works or people who trolls you due to them (indirectly caused by the MTLers) bug you since there is simply no point getting worked up over them; it'll just tire you out again. If you think that their TL is trash and you want to TL the series then by all mean do it, there will always be people who appreciates you for that. If not then it's no big deal since it doesn't affect you anyway in the end (beside those 'slow' comments but who cares about that?).

That's a good advice but not everyone has time or ability to do so, so no matter how you much advocate those advices, the kind of people who complain about everything will always exist. The only real solution (and it's quite simple) is to just ignore them.
In general, I would agree that ignoring trolls is the best policy (same as bullies), but the sheer volume of troll posts can burrow through the thickest skin over time.
Amanomurakumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-28, 07:04   Link #22
Briollaire
ビームセイバー使い
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROzess View Post
That's exactly the problem.
Why do you even consider one every two weeks slow!? That's actually a pretty damn fast pace for a translation. Well, only given the translators ACTUALLY DOES translate and just doesn't copy/paste something in google translate, which takes about 5minutes.

Not only are these machine translations 95% wrong (these so-called "translator" don't even realize if something is wrong, they just adjust it to something that makes sense to THEM, aka they're writing a fanfiction), and more importantly, since copy/pasting doesn't take any time, they totally destroy any sense of release pace for the readers. Suddenly everyone, machine translation or not, has to release 2 chapters per week or it's considered slow.
Like, wtf? Get a grip.

If you have too much spare time on your hands, then just read the novel for yourself with google translate or whatever bullshit. BECAUSE THIS IS NOT A TRANSLATION AND LEECHER ARE TOO STUPID TO UNDERSTAND THAT!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hibiki6 View Post
...other translations with the same level of english but is like 1 chapter every 2 weeks.
Same level of English he said. I assume he means 2 google translated chapters a day instead of a google translated chapter a fortnight. That's 28x the speed

Somebody link this thread to that transration vivre guy and see what he has to say (the one who tl's that lolicon LN with all the robots)

(btw, thanks for tl'ing risouteki na himo seikatsu or whatever, prozess!)
__________________
嗚呼 遠い遠い月日が奪い去った景色
今鮮やかに煌く
Briollaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-30, 10:40   Link #23
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
Is there a light novel cover for this?
__________________

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-30, 11:11   Link #24
zippikay
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
hmm, as a leecher myself, i sometimes can't understand why other fellow leecher could be so rude and impatient towards the translators

to put it into perspective, you can just google "one hour translation" and see for yourself how much you would need to pay for quick translation (it's usually charged by words) and even so, based on the yelp review, the result is still not that great. so waiting for free quality translation is already a good deal by itself... but that's just me, though

edit: to make sure that i'm still in the thread topic

thanks for the work, mahoutsuki, to be able to translate into a quality work will not happen overnight but i'm sure if someone is willing to improve he/she would be able to do it in due time, keep fighting!

Last edited by zippikay; 2015-01-30 at 11:22.
zippikay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-30, 11:19   Link #25
xzpwnz
(‿)
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: 大切な場所
Wao, looks like the thread became less about the novel and more about machine translations
Anyway, gonna pass this, not into gender benders
xzpwnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-30, 23:40   Link #26
yari
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
just read ch5
Spoiler:
yari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-31, 02:08   Link #27
Shiku359
Apprentice Tiger Hunter
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Near where tigers live.
About the topic above: Technically speaking... the MTLers(or what ppl usually say) are Editors... and the PR are Editor's editor... and actually even 1 chapter per month is already worthy to be called FAST. Managing their Real Life and having time for Translations is mentally hard tbh.

Anyway, I can't say to the translators "I know what you feel" because I didn't translate a text one bit... But I can only say: Just Ignore those Fcking UNGRATEFUL leechers out there, they even don't know one tidbit your works. It'll just strain you mentally... so don't take it too hard. And thanks for your Awesome Works.

Back on Thread Topic:
Spoiler for Ch.5:
Shiku359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-31, 06:28   Link #28
wuhugm
Salted Tiger
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Hell of Cliches
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiku359 View Post
and actually even 1 chapter per month is already worthy to be called FAST.
No, it's not
__________________
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-31, 06:44   Link #29
dragon1412
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: somewhere in Asia
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
No, it's not
depend on the length of the chapter, considering a normal LN with 5 chapters per books, that is quite fast
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-31, 06:51   Link #30
travelingbum
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
people should also be prepared since the source material itself has been abandoned or something.

since there has been no update or word from the author since 2012.
and I'm too lazy to check the twitter since that requires a follow and may be inactive as well.
travelingbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-31, 09:00   Link #31
Shiku359
Apprentice Tiger Hunter
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Near where tigers live.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
No, it's not
Yes... Yes it is... If you take an example material like "SRKJ"... Its... FAST...

As dragon-san says, It depends on how long the contents are... Its true!
But I won't mind if a 250-400 word novel is translated release every month... Its fast enough from perspective... Secondly, a month for me will be just in blink of an eye.
And lastly, I'm just a lowly leecher... I can wait a long time for release.
Therefore concluded... It depends what's "fast" or "slow" in every person.



Anyway, Let's close this topic already and discuss the novel series instead.


P.S.: Uuuuu... Learning Japanese is hard... for 3 month I only memorized the most basic of it T.T
Shiku359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-31, 15:48   Link #32
yari
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingbum View Post
people should also be prepared since the source material itself has been abandoned or something.

since there has been no update or word from the author since 2012.
and I'm too lazy to check the twitter since that requires a follow and may be inactive as well.
my heart..
Spoiler:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiku359 View Post
Yes... Yes it is... If you take an example material like "SRKJ"... Its... FAST...

As dragon-san says, It depends on how long the contents are... Its true!
But I won't mind if a 250-400 word novel is translated release every month... Its fast enough from perspective... Secondly, a month for me will be just in blink of an eye.
And lastly, I'm just a lowly leecher... I can wait a long time for release.
Therefore concluded... It depends what's "fast" or "slow" in every person.



Anyway, Let's close this topic already and discuss the novel series instead.


P.S.: Uuuuu... Learning Japanese is hard... for 3 month I only memorized the most basic of it T.T
i recommend anki. be sure to actually have a paper and pencil around to write down the questions and answers instead of just looking at it on the screen. it helps more

oh and practice for about 30min each day. diligence is key
>.o
yari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-09, 00:28   Link #33
Armando99
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROzess View Post
That's exactly the problem.
Why do you even consider one every two weeks slow!? That's actually a pretty damn fast pace for a translation. Well, only given the translators ACTUALLY DOES translate and just doesn't copy/paste something in google translate, which takes about 5minutes.

Not only are these machine translations 95% wrong (these so-called "translator" don't even realize if something is wrong, they just adjust it to something that makes sense to THEM, aka they're writing a fanfiction), and more importantly, since copy/pasting doesn't take any time, they totally destroy any sense of release pace for the readers. Suddenly everyone, machine translation or not, has to release 2 chapters per week or it's considered slow.
Like, wtf? Get a grip.

If you have too much spare time on your hands, then just read the novel for yourself with google translate or whatever bullshit. BECAUSE THIS IS NOT A TRANSLATION AND LEECHER ARE TOO STUPID TO UNDERSTAND THAT!

I associate a good translation to a good bottle of wine. It is so much better if you give it time. I have read pretty much most of your translated works and was very impressed with them. You can tell that you have taken your time to capture the nuances as much as possible. I am very sad and disappointed that you have discontinued some of novels you had been translating and at the same time I understood where you were coming from.

I did not think you were at all slow in your translation specially with it's quality. I just wish you could go back to finish some of them because we now know what slow really means. People don't realize what they have until they have lost it.
Armando99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-18, 23:52   Link #34
NoobRage
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Because of OP's absence due to family issues I might continue translating this series.
It seems fun and I have translated chapter 6 so far.

link to my thing is thatguywhosthere(dot)wordpress(dot)com

Last edited by NoobRage; 2015-02-18 at 23:53. Reason: more info
NoobRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-18, 23:58   Link #35
DemiDomo
Rest in peace Monty.
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: somewhere in california
can i get a summary please?
DemiDomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-19, 00:21   Link #36
yari
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiDomo View Post
can i get a summary please?
Umm, it's about this kid that died. Then in the afterlife he met his friend. Surprisingly his friend is a god! So then his friend reincarnates him into a different world. In this world, he is a female loli vampire with op skills and abilities (granted by the gods, because they're bored and want to have fun).
yari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-19, 00:22   Link #37
DemiDomo
Rest in peace Monty.
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: somewhere in california
Quote:
Originally Posted by yari View Post
Umm, it's about this kid that died. Then in the afterlife he met his friend. Surprisingly his friend is a god! So then his friend reincarnates him into a different world. In this world, he is a female loli vampire with op skills and abilities (granted by the gods, because they're bored and want to have fun).
thank you and friend god is a troll.
DemiDomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-19, 00:33   Link #38
yari
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobRage View Post
Because of OP's absence due to family issues I might continue translating this series.
It seems fun and I have translated chapter 6 so far.

link to my thing is thatguywhosthere(dot)wordpress(dot)com
I'm so happy you picked this up!

*excited*
yari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-19, 00:43   Link #39
NoobRage
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by yari View Post
I'm so happy you picked this up!

*excited*
Haha, well I hope that I can translate it well cos with a machine translator, dialogues are hard D:
NoobRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-19, 00:43   Link #40
DemiDomo
Rest in peace Monty.
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: somewhere in california
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobRage View Post
Haha, well I hope that I can translate it well cos with a machine translator, dialogues are hard D:
take your time
DemiDomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
le festin de vampire, man in a woman's body, translation, web novel

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.