AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2016-03-27, 18:29   Link #21
kgrodriguez
Three Stars and a Sun

I think the conflict would arise with the different blocs employing different military organizations.

But for that to happen, a time skip of a year or two would be needed.

I do wonder if Mika would get a new Gundam or if Barbatos just continues to keep being upgraded. I'm thinking the latter, specially now that his right arms essentially is nothing but an extension of Barbatos.

I think the McGillis led Gjallerhorn wouldn't be straight up villains for the 2nd season, as that would essentially feel like a rehash of the first season, only in a possibly different setting. I think it would be more interesting if they are more of a third party this time, not full blow villains, but not heroes as well.

But of course the final battle should be between Mika and McGillis. Wouldn't want someone showing up just in the 2nd season to be Mika's opponent in the final battle.

Fall would be..September?
kgrodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-27, 18:39   Link #22
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgrodriguez View Post
I think the conflict would arise with the different blocs employing different military organizations.

But for that to happen, a time skip of a year or two would be needed.

I do wonder if Mika would get a new Gundam or if Barbatos just continues to keep being upgraded. I'm thinking the latter, specially now that his right arms essentially is nothing but an extension of Barbatos.

I think the McGillis led Gjallerhorn wouldn't be straight up villains for the 2nd season, as that would essentially feel like a rehash of the first season, only in a possibly different setting. I think it would be more interesting if they are more of a third party this time, not full blow villains, but not heroes as well.

But of course the final battle should be between Mika and McGillis. Wouldn't want someone showing up just in the 2nd season to be Mika's opponent in the final battle.

Fall would be..September?
My biggest question is how would you even set up a Mikazuki vs. McGillis fight. They don't seem to have any reason to fight each other.

Yes, it would be the start of fall, but it could start airing anywhere in the month even the last week of September or even early October.
Old 2016-03-27, 18:59   Link #23
kgrodriguez
Three Stars and a Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
My biggest question is how would you even set up a Mikazuki vs. McGillis fight. They don't seem to have any reason to fight each other.

Yes, it would be the start of fall, but it could start airing anywhere in the month even the last week of September or even early October.
I have one idea.

I think for all his scheming and back stabbing, McGillis still wants what is best, and that is corrupt free Gjallerhorn being an organization that would protect the best interest of humanity for the foreseeable future.

That being said, somewhere in the middle of season two, he realizes that his could not be achieved with Gjallerhorn, but sees hope with Tekkadan (but the audience wouldn't see this until the final few moments). So he sets Gjallerhorn on a collision course with Tekkadan, with the plan that eventually, Tekkadan would come out as the heroes that the world needs. They look after the world as the flower that never wilts.

Just a general idea, but I think with the proper story line, pacing, and direction, it could be a very interesting story.
Old 2016-03-27, 19:05   Link #24
Knight_SV

most of anime aired around january-april-july-october. save to say it will aired in early october.
the barbatos silhouette in the end seems to be a new form
Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-27, 19:20   Link #25
xeviouses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight_SV View Post
not this again....
well, unless the official site confirm death of galigali and ein, this won't stop

just let them death for the sake of newer antagonist in S2. I don't want IBO s2 becoming another 00s2 with too many inflated cast. causing so many characters suffers from lack of developmental
I was hoping the Mobile Suit and that type of AV system to return as it is a genuine monster in combat, not Ein himself returning(no more 'LT. CRANK THIS IS FOR YOU!' please), but yeah I should have made that clear. Sorry.

As for Gaelio...yeah I've got no excuse.

Quote:
My bet is that McGillis paints Tekkadan as revolutionaries that forced Gjallarhorn to do what they did to Ein plus, no one knows he was the one who killed Gaelio, he can easily paint a target on Tekkadans' back for the death of Boduin heir and Issue heir.

Kudelia is the one he wants in position afterall, Tekkadan just happened to be highly skilled bodyguards. (or rather has a really good Gundam pilot)

Last edited by xeviouses; 2016-03-27 at 20:04.
xeviouses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-27, 19:31   Link #26
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Beam weapons please. Or some sort of super heated round to bypass NLA. I've grown a little tired of all the melee stuff. Cut back on the Grazes too, or at least introduce more exotic variants...like...a Graze tank, or transforming plane type Graze, idk.
There will be "new" stuff. With all the power blocs starting to build up thier strength theyre gonna be digging up more old mechs/frames ubnless they somehow manage to make thier own ahab reactors. Which would then mesn making thier own unique MS

I dont think beam weapons have a place in this universe. The change would be too jarring and have plot ramifications

I think we can get away with heat melee weapons and railguns though
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-27, 19:56   Link #27
kgrodriguez
Three Stars and a Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeviouses View Post

My bet is that McGillis paints Tekkadan as revolutionaries that forced Gjallarhorn to do what they did to Ein plus, no one knows he was the one who killed Gaelio he can easily paint a target on Tekkadans' back for the death of Boduin heir and Issue heir.
I could see this happening. It isn't out of McGillis' character to do such.
Old 2016-03-27, 21:13   Link #28
Jestersage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
I dont think beam weapons have a place in this universe. The change would be too jarring and have plot ramifications
Alternatively, they may use Nano-thick bullets / blades that can eat away NL armor. This universe seems to have some advanced nanomachine capabiliity.
Jestersage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-27, 21:24   Link #29
Irenesharda

Quote:

My bet is that McGillis paints Tekkadan as revolutionaries that forced Gjallarhorn to do what they did to Ein plus, no one knows he was the one who killed Gaelio, he can easily paint a target on Tekkadans' back for the death of Boduin heir and Issue heir.

Kudelia is the one he wants in position afterall, Tekkadan just happened to be highly skilled bodyguards. (or rather has a really good Gundam pilot)
Well no, he needed Tekkadan too as well as Kudelia. He needed some group that could show the corruption of Gjallerhorn to the world and not just in the political arena. Tekkadan are the everyman who are fighting with legendary Gundam machines that he explained earlier have become synonymous with revolution. He was using Tekkadan to show Ein as a monster created through Gjallerhorn's corrupt current state. It's part of what helps take his father down. If he were to double back on that and make it seem as if Tekkadan were the cause of Ein, it would make him seem wishy-washy and corrupt himself and it would topple everything that he just set up.

The only way that I can see Mika and McGillis fighting is if McGillis personally became an active enemy of Tekkadan. He would have to get in their way or make it personal. Either he could kill someone connected with Tekkadan or find some reason to make them the enemy. I honestly can't see him doing the latter as his whole plan thus far was to thrust them into the public eye as heroes. To go against them would only undermine himself and make himself and the whatever new Gjallerhorn he's trying to form, look bad.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-27, 21:37   Link #30
Kurohane

Quote:

Ein's cybernetic implants seemed like something McGillis wanted Gjallarhorn to take the fall for alone. It doesn't seem he wants Tekkadan to be mere scapegoats as he counted on them to dispatch the enemies he sent at them, and trusted their skill to be able to do that. Ironically, McGillis trusted them more than his only friend Galileo. I can only see him using their services again in the future.
Old 2016-03-27, 22:12   Link #31
Knight_SV

My guess s2 will focus to more threat than gjallarhorn with them losing power and the power blocs are rising maybe the new gjallarhorn mcgillis trying to build will have an obstacle from the new organization within powerblocs.
Almiria perhaps will have an expanded role given the timeskip she will grown into a lady piloting mobile suit to seek revenge on her brother.
Bunch of new characters will be introduced and also more gundam frames is introduced
Old 2016-03-27, 22:33   Link #32
xeviouses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Well no, he needed Tekkadan too as well as Kudelia. He needed some group that could show the corruption of Gjallerhorn to the world and not just in the political arena. Tekkadan are the everyman who are fighting with legendary Gundam machines that he explained earlier have become synonymous with revolution. He was using Tekkadan to show Ein as a monster created through Gjallerhorn's corrupt current state. It's part of what helps take his father down. If he were to double back on that and make it seem as if Tekkadan were the cause of Ein, it would make him seem wishy-washy and corrupt himself and it would topple everything that he just set up.
Quote:
Ein's cybernetic implants seemed like something McGillis wanted Gjallarhorn to take the fall for alone. It doesn't seem he wants Tekkadan to be mere scapegoats as he counted on them to dispatch the enemies he sent at them, and trusted their skill to be able to do that. Ironically, McGillis trusted them more than his only friend Galileo. I can only see him using their services again in the future.
I see your points, I'm just looking for an excuse for the Mika vs McGillis thing.

My idea hinges on Gjallarhorn looking for someone to blame on the deaths of both heirs, the two of them died in combat against Tekkadan I mean imagine after the power struggle and keeping blocs in check, they'd to some show of 'justice' in order to show they can at least still keep order.

McGillis can use Tekkadan as a demonstration of what a 'pure' Gjallarhorn could do without the shades.
Old 2016-03-27, 22:53   Link #33
Knight_SV

00 season 2 (as much as i liked it) suffers so much from inflated cast and lack of development for the characters especially for the returning s1 cast and some of s2 newer cast like the innovades. I wish character like ali al-sacheez and patrick should have dead in the end of s1 alongside lockon. Graham also so much pushed back into the sidelines in the favor of andrei and the innovades. I knew 00s2 was meant to be the continuation of S1 because of the unfinished plot from S1, they shouldn't have add many new cast to s2 because of many s1 cast still remain alive. It seems the writer cannot choose which cast should be focused on the story as the rivals for the heroes.
With the death of gali2 and ein i hope the story will give more spotlight on the newer antagonist.
Old 2016-03-27, 23:59   Link #34
Irenesharda

Quote:
I see your points, I'm just looking for an excuse for the Mika vs McGillis thing.

My idea hinges on Gjallarhorn looking for someone to blame on the deaths of both heirs, the two of them died in combat against Tekkadan I mean imagine after the power struggle and keeping blocs in check, they'd to some show of 'justice' in order to show they can at least still keep order.

McGillis can use Tekkadan as a demonstration of what a 'pure' Gjallarhorn could do without the shades.
McGillis is going to most likely blame Carta and Gaelio's death on the inner disfunction and corruption of Gjallerhorn itself. And in a way, he's not lying. Carta did get manipulated, but it was her own hubris that lead to her death. If Gaelio was more involved in the politics of his station instead of being so passive about everything, he might have noticed how some of what McGillis said just didn't add up. While I do admit that McGillis is one manipulative bastard, that's mostly because he twists the truth of a situation to fit his aims. Much of the fault still lies with Carta and Gaelio. Carta was too arrogant and prideful, and Gaelio was too passive, and yes, arrogant.

I looked back at the episode and I see that they mention that while Gjallerhorn's star is falling, the other blocs are beginning to form their own militaries and that the proces would accelerate in the outer sphere. It wouldn't surprise me if the people Tekkadan are fighting next season isn't Gjallerhorn, but other blocs.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2016-03-28, 00:37   Link #35
kgrodriguez
Three Stars and a Sun

Quote:
McGillis is going to most likely blame Carta and Gaelio's death on the inner disfunction and corruption of Gjallerhorn itself. And in a way, he's not lying. Carta did get manipulated, but it was her own hubris that lead to her death. If Gaelio was more involved in the politics of his station instead of being so passive about everything, he might have noticed how some of what McGillis said just didn't add up. While I do admit that McGillis is one manipulative bastard, that's mostly because he twists the truth of a situation to fit his aims. Much of the fault still lies with Carta and Gaelio. Carta was too arrogant and prideful, and Gaelio was too passive, and yes, arrogant.

I looked back at the episode and I see that they mention that while Gjallerhorn's star is falling, the other blocs are beginning to form their own militaries and that the proces would accelerate in the outer sphere. It wouldn't surprise me if the people Tekkadan are fighting next season isn't Gjallerhorn, but other blocs.
I agree with this, and I think this is a route that season two could take. Though I believe that one way or another, Gjallerhorn would still have a prominent role to play.
Old 2016-03-28, 06:31   Link #36
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestersage View Post
Alternatively, they may use Nano-thick bullets / blades that can eat away NL armor. This universe seems to have some advanced nanomachine capabiliity.
If we want a projectile that can eat away Nanalaminate Armor easily, we already have that in the form of nepalm, which can melt them. Some of the bazooka weapons in the show already have them as one of the ammunition option types.
Old 2016-03-28, 08:50   Link #37
Kurohane

Quote:

Well, maybe, but the economic blocks haven't warred since the Calamity War. They are seriously lacking experience. The only one that would have the upperhand over all of them is Abrau since Makanai has Tekkadan as military advisors. You could say the economic blocks will fight, but will they be competent enough to prove to be a big threat, when they're vastly inexperienced?
Old 2016-03-28, 09:43   Link #38
Irenesharda

Quote:
Well, maybe, but the economic blocks haven't warred since the Calamity War. They are seriously lacking experience. The only one that would have the upperhand over all of them is Abrau since Makanai has Tekkadan as military advisors. You could say the economic blocks will fight, but will they be competent enough to prove to be a big threat, when they're vastly inexperienced?
It depends on if you mean official militaries or PMCs. I doubt Chyrese was the only colony that had some form of paramilitary. Or even if Tekkadan is the only one in Chyrese. If not, then I'm guessing the other militaries they put together in the Outer Sphere will be similar in nature to Tekkadan.

What would be interesting is if these other PMCs were similar to how CGS while fighting each of them Tekkadan ended up turning all the other downtrodden orphans to their side and they ended up forming a united Outer Sphere military unit, while at the same time the colonies began to advocate for total independence from the Earth. It's a possibility.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2016-03-28, 10:07   Link #39
xeviouses

Quote:
What would be interesting is if these other PMCs were similar to how CGS while fighting each of them Tekkadan ended up turning all the other downtrodden orphans to their side and they ended up forming a united Outer Sphere military unit, while at the same time the colonies began to advocate for total independence from the Earth. It's a possibility.
So S2 is PMC vs PMC, it kinda makes sense I suppose, Economic blocs with minimal combat experience for the last 300 years trying to ready up for the inevitable territorial grabs need an immediate and actual fighting force, both to teach and bolster their own forces.

I don't see how Tekkadan would attract other orphans to their side though, other human debris like them possibly but random orphans? There's also the question of resources, can they afford to expand in their current state?
Old 2016-03-28, 14:43   Link #40
Kurohane

^ Gjallarhorn can't be completely out of it though. It's their job to prevent these kinds of conflicts.

If war breaks out, it's a boon for PMCs with work available in many places. If this happens, I hope the anime will bring up the moral dilemma of profiting off of conflict.